The GT6 Epic Whining and Crying Thread

• Thread starter HaylRayzor
  • 6,682 comments

"the lackluster career structure"

Agreed about GT5, GT6 should have much more.

"sheer broken difficulty level that meant you could win any race just by buying all the upgrades available for your car"

Not any race...

"the reason these annoyances" (about standards)

Err he hasn't even played GT6 or seen the standards so isn't really in a position to judge. In fact most people are not.

This guy appears obsessed with complaining about a product he hasn't played.​

This guy appears obsessed with complaining about a product he hasn't played.

No, he seems to be complaining about GT5 issues and how instead of showing how/if they have been adressed, they decide to show off accurately mapped stars which nobody ever asked for or will be able to tell.

Seems like a very valid complaint to me. So many things wrong with GT5 and with less than a month to go, we still know next to nothing about the critical areas.

Last edited:
I'd like to reiterate the fact that I don't consider him an artist. It's just that Johnnypenso said that artists have to listen to feedback/work harder etc. if they're under fire, and I was saying that they don't.
I don't recall saying that, in fact the opposite.

All that matters to him is what he [Kaz] thinks. If he thinks he's an artist, it makes sense he follows his own path and pays little attention to critics. Vanity, thy name is artist. Goes with the territory.

For the weak, yes. Others pulled themselves up by their bootstraps, worked hard, and became true artists. Not everyone folds like cheap tent in a rainstorm. If they do, then artist is not their calling.

Bootstraps? Is this a linedancing reference?

That whole Gamesradar article is so cringeworthy it made me post again here.

The article writer is like every preteen kid who buys video games for the graphics. Still complaining about cross-polygon trees?

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, so suddenly no one cares about the E30 M3, E36 M3, McLaren P1, Koenigsegg Agera, or Ferrari F12? And how about those classic F1 cars, not very impressive either right?

Seriously, you have to admit that they have a far more diverse and interesting car roster.
Of course we care. Thats probably why this thread is still alive.

Na this reviewer is right on the money,instead of wasting time on this realistic star system they could've been making a very good livery editor or damage system,PD is working to hard on things they shouldn't be doing,this is something I would expect on GT7 but they would rather waste all this time and put it in GT6 where no ones even going to care,I know I don't.

Last edited:
Na this reviewer is right on the money,instead of wasting time on this realistic star system they could've been making a very good livery editor or damage system,PD is working to hard on things they shouldn't be doing,this is something I would expect on GT7 but they would rather waste all this time and put it in GT6 where no ones even going to care,I know I don't.
I completely agree, the stars thing is just a bit crazy really.

...but...it also illustrates what makes GT games so great: The crazy attention to detail and the great real world physics.

Yes, the career mode sucks and is stuck back in 1997. Yes, there are some strange design decisions (including the old standards in the cause of the 'car encyclopaedia', no brake tuning, very limited damage system etc.) but overall, for me GT5 was a major success.

They already had a day night cycle etc, who is to say they didn't just tack on some free, open source planetarium software http://www.stellarium.org/

No, he seems to be complaining about GT5 issues and how instead of showing how/if they have been adressed, they decide to show off accurately mapped stars which nobody ever asked for or will be able to tell.

Seems like a very valid complaint to me. So many things wrong with GT5 and with less than a month to go, we still know next to nothing about the critical areas.

Well having spent so much time with the series from GT1 until GT5 I think we've got to know PD's marketing & pre-release info strategy quite well by now. Their silence on these issues speaks volumes. :/

I haven't looked at this forum or any info on GT6 for the last two months, knowing how PD likes to tell you nothing of any real value about what we can expect. However my expectations haven't been high.

So I've just read through all the latest info released. All my worst fears have been confirmed. I doubt I'll even pick this up from a bargain bin in 6 months. The series has gone off the rails completely. Frankly it looks dreadful & dull. If they had addressed the abysmal AI they would be shouting it from the rooftops rather than their real world night sky.

I love how the marketing concentrates on just renaming some of the worst negative aspects of GT5..

No more level system - Now you have an all new & improved star acquisition system! Yay!
No more standards - now we have some cars with a decent cockpit & others without. Yay!

The only good news I have seen is the inclusion of some of the real world tracks that they should have added to the series 5 years ago. But I have these circuits in several other racing titles which are a lot more fun to actually race.

Even the clinical hyper-real graphics are starting to grate on me now. :(

I'll be back next month to read about all the horrors of actually playing the game.

So sad to see such a great influence on my life become a confused misdirected shadow of what it should be.

@mr_serious: I don't blame you for feeling that way. While I'm still getting GT6 day 1 and a part of me expects the best, another part of me will not be surprised if GT6 has some of the same silly and asinine issues that GT5 had. The fact that we still need to buy a whole car just to paint our cars in different colors is a warning sign to me. If PD can't get something as simple as painting your car right, what else could they possibly have messed up on? I'm excited for this game but at the same time, I'm skeptical for how it will turn out.

Honestly, if GT6 turns out to be another bitter disappointment, then I see myself giving up on console racing games entirely. I won't bother with GT7 if PD still can't learn and I won't bother with Forza if MS continues to shaft us Fanatec owners.

I'm with the guy. Knowing they probably spent a huge chunk of time on those stars just just made me step back and scratch my head.
SO instead, they should stay behind in times or stay complacent while other game(s) are doing it as well? Should they have waited to introduce day/night cycles until next gen simply because we can only have 16-car grids? Should they not have test ran rally and snow physics in previous GT's while the competition went on ahead and left GT irrelevant?
A lot of us figured that GT6 could or might have brought every track with weather and time change so imagine if they didn't do it in GT5.

They already had a day night cycle etc, who is to say they didn't just tack on some free, open source planetarium software http://www.stellarium.org/
👍

SO instead, they should stay behind in times or stay complacent while other game(s) are doing it as well? Should they have waited to introduce day/night cycles until next gen simply because we can only have 16-car grids? Should they not have test ran rally and snow physics in previous GT's while the competition went on ahead and left GT irrelevant?
A lot of us figured that GT6 could or might have brought every track with weather and time change so imagine if they didn't do it in GT5.

👍

Could you please point out where I said anything about day/night cycles in the post you quoted?
Are you honestly defending PD about spending god knows how long trying to accurately replicate the solar system in a driving game that is plagued with car/driving related issues across the board?

I completely agree, the stars thing is just a bit crazy really. ...but...it also illustrates what makes GT games so great: The crazy attention to detail.

As if most of us would know the correct location of stars and constellations in the sky... I agree, it's crazy.

..it also illustrates what makes GT games so great: The crazy attention to detail and the great real world physics....yes, the career mode sucks and is stuck back in 1997. Yes, there are some strange design decisions (including the old standards in the cause of the 'car encyclopedia', no brake tuning, very limited damage system etc.) but overall, for me GT5 was a major success.

Funny guy:lol:

Sooner or later you guys have to realize PD has a basic disconnect with sim racing games in general and it's fanbase in particular. It shows up in everything they do and in the finished product. The reason for this is Kaz's "vision" for what this game/series should be. His vision is personal, based on his own likes and desires and what he wants to see and it's not going to change unless there is a massive shift in the marketplace. So long as they continue selling 7-10 Million units you'll continue to get bells and whistles instead of core gameplay features brought up to at least current standards, let alone beyond. Only if GT6 is an epic fail in terms of sales will we see any movement towards a radical overhaul of the series.

Last edited:
Funny guy:lol:

Sooner or later you guys have to realize PD has a basic disconnect with sim racing games in general and it's fanbase in particular. It shows up in everything they do and in the finished product. The reason for this is Kaz's "vision" for what this game/series should be. His vision is personal, based on his own likes and desires and what he wants to see and it's not going to change unless there is a massive shift in the marketplace. So long as they continue selling 7-10 Million units you'll continue to get bells and whistles instead of core gameplay features brought up to at least current standards, let alone beyond. Only if GT6 is an epic fail in terms of sales will we see any movement towards a radical overhaul of the series.
What also disturbs me is the whole hype around his person (Kaz), just check out this vid:

Ok he created the GT series back in the day and they used to be the best racing games around, cudos for that, but nowadays he's portrayed as some sort of messiah for god's sake.
I can't wait for the first reviews from IGN and gamesradar in a couple of weeks, and see what they have to say when there is 0 improvement in sounds, AI, career mode and all the other flaws of GT5...

But it doesn't matter anyway, millions of fans around the world already who eat out of PD's hand anyway, notwithstanding that they deal with a developer that throws sand in their eyes with moonrovers and starconstellations, whilst they keep dead silent on what we really want to know.

What also disturbs me is the whole hype around his person (Kaz), just check out this vid:

Ok he created the GT series back in the day and they used to be the best racing games around, cudos for that, but nowadays he's portrayed as some sort of messiah for god's sake.
I can't wait for the first reviews from IGN and gamesradar in a couple of weeks, and see what they have to say when there is 0 improvement in sounds, AI, career mode and all the other flaws of GT5...

But it doesn't matter anyway, millions of fans around the world already who eat out of PD's hand anyway, notwithstanding that they deal with a developer that throws sand in their eyes with moonrovers and starconstellations, whilst they keep dead silent on what we really want to know.

Well that might be your opinion, but I bought gt5 and I enjoyed it, I was able to see past the flaws it had, and for me it was worth the money. Just because millions have bought the game doesn't mean they eat out of PDs hand as you put it, I know I don't. As I said I think it was worth the money, and so is gt6 from what I've seen.

Well that might be your opinion, but I bought gt5 and I enjoyed it, I was able to see past the flaws it had, and for me it was worth the money. Just because millions have bought the game doesn't mean they eat out of PDs hand as you put it, I know I don't. As I said I think it was worth the money, and so is gt6 from what I've seen.

You say you don't eat out of PD's hand, yet you already know that GT6 is "worth the money" that right there my friend is eating out of their hand.

You say you don't eat out of PD's hand, yet you already know that GT6 is "worth the money" that right there my friend is eating out of their hand.
You left out the part where he says, "...from what I've seen." Selective reading much?

Well if he like 5 he'll most likely like 6 as well.
That's true. The only way it isn't true is if most video game sequels are disliked by the majority of the players who liked the previous game.
Based on the GT series's sales record, people come back for more than don't.

You left out the part where he says, "...from what I've seen." Selective reading much?

That's true. The only way it isn't true is if most video game sequels are disliked by the majority of the players who liked the previous game.
Based on the GT series's sales record, people come back for more than don't.
Exactly what I was going to say back to him aj, selective reading much? Lol

Back