The New Dodge Challenger SRT Demon is the World's Fastest Muscle Car

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 278 comments
That's only a partial cage/roll bar. I was refering to a full roll cage like what the NHRA would require (I should've been more clear on that).

It depends on how fast you run, you don't always need a full cage, a half cage works too. And it's actually better than no cage, there are guidelines based on E.T.

EDIT:
So the rules haven't changed since 2008, a car running faster than 9.99 in the 1/4mile has to have a full cage, and if it runs over 135 must have a parachute. If owners want to use said car at a drag strip they have to be in compliance with NHRA standards unless the specific track says otherwise. Since the car violates a couple of rules mainly based on OEM rules toward production cars and safety regs that is why it was banned.

If the car ran in the 10s a 5 point or half cage would be fine.

Last edited:
A few extra bits of information I felt should be shared:
  • Estimated base price is hovering around $85,000
  • 3000 are set to made for the 2018 MY, with 300 being allocated for Canadian buyers. It's unclear as to whether more Demons will be made.
  • The Demon box will be optional. Price is still unknown (though with Snap-on tools included it can't be cheap). One very notable thing is that the parts inside are needed for the full 840hp, as a Demon that rolls off of a Dodge lot will have 808hp. A different ECU, intake, HVAC switch module, and thermostat help make up those extra 32 ponies. The thinner front tires are also included, all installed by the owner of course.
  • The secondary HVAC module has a button for high octane so that the car properly utilizes the new parts.
  • Also, the passenger mirror can be removed, with a plate covering where it would go.
Source

Its not a Lie. if its in the Press.

Its like saying the Hellcats are 707hp but then with the black its 500.

It depends on how fast you run, you don't always need a full cage, a half cage works too. And it's actually better than no cage, there are guidelines based on E.T.

EDIT:
So the rules haven't changed since 2008, a car running faster than 9.99 in the 1/4mile has to have a full cage, and if it runs over 135 must have a parachute. If owners want to use said car at a drag strip they have to be in compliance with NHRA standards unless the specific track says otherwise. Since the car violates a couple of rules mainly based on OEM rules toward production cars and safety regs that is why it was banned.

If the car ran in the 10s a 5 point or half cage would be fine.

Its Time that NHRA change their rules. cars are alot safer than in 2008.... hell all cars have side impact airbags now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its not a Lie. if its in the Press.

Its like saying the Hellcats are 707hp but then with the black its 500.

Its Time that NHRA change their rules. cars are alot safer than in 2008.... hell all cars have side impact airbags now.

Could you refrain from double posting in the future? There is an "edit" function to avoid this by the way.

Could you refrain from double posting in the future? There is an "edit" function to avoid this by the way.

He's well aware, he's been around longer than you on the forums, it was probably an accident. I do it myself a bit more often than I'd like.

There were cars in 2008 that were equipped with side impact airbags. That was something started way back in the 90s on higher end brands. I mean seat belt airbags are the new thing.

Also the production car rules were made the way they were because the NHRA probably figured no one would be insane enough to design such a car and more so insane enough to green light and fund the production of such. If we look at even some of the high end cars one could buy that do times in the same range as the Demon, they lack the safety equipment the NHRA requires. Unless they recognize a carbon monocoque like other racing associations, if not then why aren't more cars banned?

I'm calling someone won't make it out of the dealership unscathed.
images
That's a given. Somebody crashed a Hellcat early on leaving the dealership. They literally gunned the gas past the entrance onto a road and went into a pole. Derp.

So are all the post on this car in the actual thread it is being discussed in going to be moved. Usually you guys just put the article into the already existing thread, not a new one.

Breaking news: Things that were already being discussed on GTP for several days in a thread already talking about the car for several months.

Which is itself quite the trick, because Venom GTs are actually "built" in Hethel.
Close enough.

Just read that the Demon did 0-60 in 2,1s and 0-100 in 5.1s :) and it's only available with 8 speed automatic. It has 808HP on 91 octane, 840HP is with race fuel/100 octane. Just over 100HP more than Hellcat on same 91 octane fuel, but the Demon seems to be more readily built for sole purpose, drag race. I would get one in a heartbeat if I had the dough :P Modified further to target 1000HP, much less weight ( Demon weighs 4200+lbs ), and 1.xx s 0-60, 4s 0-100, 8s quarter mile :lol:

I would say that i hope i see this make its way to GT Sport, (btw beta tester here, its gonna be fantastic. Check out my livestreams on youtube under eightymopar), but this is a factory made "street legal" drag car. I mean hell it even comes with a set of skinnies for the front. And we all know how PD seems to hate drag racing.

We got it in GT4 and that was it. Yet in online servers in GT5 and 6 you were tripping over custom made "drag servers" why pd scraped 1/4 mile and brought in nascar (yuck) is beyond me. Obviously theres a want for official drag racing, theres not really any drag game out there, PD could easliy fill that void, and fill it well.

So are all the post on this car in the actual thread it is being discussed in going to be moved. Usually you guys just put the article into the already existing thread, not a new one.

Breaking news: Things that were already being discussed on GTP for several days in a thread already talking about the car for several months.

Which is itself quite the trick, because Venom GTs are actually "built" in Hethel.
It sort of begs the question as to why the 2018 Challenger Demon was being discussed in the 2015 Challenger thread.

If this post got merged into that thread, would someone else come in and point out the model year of the car, and the irrelevance to the thread and OP?

Just read that the Demon did 0-60 in 2,1s and 0-100 in 5.1s :) and it's only available with 8 speed automatic. It has 808HP on 91 octane, 840HP is with race fuel/100 octane. Just over 100HP more than Hellcat on same 91 octane fuel, but the Demon seems to be more readily built for sole purpose, drag race. I would get one in a heartbeat if I had the dough :P Modified further to target 1000HP, much less weight ( Demon weighs 4200+lbs ), and 1.xx s 0-60, 4s 0-100, 8s quarter mile :lol:

It was said in the video that it was 2.3, supposedly you need more than just different fuel to get the 840, and the car is banned from drag strips.

Though all of this information and discussion can further be found on the actual thread it's been in for some time!!!
EDK
It sort of begs the question as to why the 2018 Demon was being discussed in the 2015 Challenger thread.

If this post got merged into that thread, would someone else come in and point out the model year of the car, and the irrelevance to the thread and OP?

Yes, since it's done all the time when people don't bother updating threads they start. Other question it and if the member is active it gets done.

Which is why I ask about them being moved as you can see in my post to here, since that thread had plenty of in depth about the car.

EDK
It sort of begs the question as to why the 2018 Challenger Demon was being discussed in the 2015 Challenger thread.
Because this isn't the GT car suggestions forum, and the amount of handholding required there isn't required here.

EDK
Probably not, because nothing in that article is really newsworthy to begin with for this subforum so it likely wouldn't be commented on at all.

Which is why I ask about them being moved as you can see in my post to here, since that thread had plenty of in depth about the car.
Fair point, I don't have time right now. Will look to do it later if nobody beats me to it.

Because this isn't the GT car suggestions forum, and the amount of handholding required there isn't required here.

Probably not, because nothing in that article is really newsworthy to begin with for this subforum so it likely wouldn't be commented on at all.
Then why complain about it at all?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back