Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 752 comments
@COLOMBIAMIGUE7
Very Good lap ttimel Great lap!
You already improved your time too Great ... This morning I did a few laps in the first attempt for the first time I was in front of the first jump and I was able to correct the car and then in the penultimate sector I don't know how I turned the wheel and I lost everything. With this car you have to keep the steering wheel as straight as possible throughout the circuit....๐Ÿ˜ก

The R8 Gordini is a fun car to drive.
My Great Capture Screenshot 2021-11-11 16-35-31.png

Last edited:
You already improved your time too Great ... This morning I did a few laps in the first attempt for the first time I was in front of the first jump and I was able to correct the car and then in the penultimate sector I don't know how I turned the wheel and I lost everything. With this car you have to keep the steering wheel as straight as possible throughout the circuit....๐Ÿ˜ก

I agree keep the wheel as straght as possible. It's easy to over steer especially when landing the jumps.

I improved a bit still hoping to gain a tenth or two more. I'd like to catch my time from this event last year.

@fordlaser
Sure is! One of my favorites.

Last edited:
Unable to get the AMG GT Safety car. It's in the box with an exclamation mark over it and clicking on that it says;

'Cannot find rights information
Please download the content again'

I can't see it for sale anywhere.

Anyone have any idea what is happening here?

Unable to get the AMG GT Safety car. It's in the box with an exclamation mark over it and clicking on that it says;

That doesn't sound promising! I'll have a look when I jump online tonight, but won't be for a few hours yet.

AMG safety car can be bought only from the mileage exchange. Not sure if you get it from lewis hamilton tts also

For the Monza Gr.3, what sort of downforce are people using?

I started off with "Monza has long straights, minimum DF to give best top speed".... but I'm losing stability under braking, apex speed and thus exit speed which harms my end-of straight speed despite the reduced drag. I'm doing better with max DF but is it the DF or my technique that is the problem?

I could probably counter-tune the low downforce problems with more braking LSD and play with the dampers for both turn-in and throttle application.

For the Monza Gr.3, what sort of downforce are people using?

I started off with "Monza has long straights, minimum DF to give best top speed".... but I'm losing stability under braking, apex speed and thus exit speed which harms my end-of straight speed despite the reduced drag. I'm doing better with max DF but is it the DF or my technique that is the problem?

I could probably counter-tune the low downforce problems with more braking LSD and play with the dampers for both turn-in and throttle application.
Personally, I'd start with the DF settings on default and start reducing them until you find a balance of speed and handling that works for your driving style. For sure you want to reduce drag as much as possible for top speed, but finding that perfect amount of downforce to drive hard out of the corners is also critical for using that reduced drag down the straight! I'd recommend reducing the LSD torque/accel settings, default DF, redcing DF until you find that balance, then building up the LSD values until you get that all balanced.

AMG safety car can be bought only from the mileage exchange. Not sure if you get it from lewis hamilton tts also
Good grief, it was so easy after all.
I've only been playing Gran Turismo for a hundred years but had no idea what the 'mileage exchange was'.
Thanks sdi_03, I do now.

Currently #171 with 1:52.340. Yep slippery as all hell.

Last edited:
AMG SC TT is hardcore as hell. One thing I find helpful is to put BB -5 (max front) and make sure your car is dead straight before braking. Very important in the downhill right hander hairpin. I actually start braking a bit near the middle of the track and aim the car towards the outside, instead of following the outside of the track (which has a slight kink). Putting power down, also make sure your steering is straight. Avoid 2nd gear and give 75% throttle until the wheelspin dies down. Takes a bit of practice (especially with the poor FFB giving you no clue of grip), but it's a very good training TT :)

Back