Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 752 comments
Heres my tune for the Mini.
Took miguels tune for base, thanks man!
P8 at
D95098D0-CF34-4291-BDC7-7FB784142956.jpeg
30616110-3109-43EC-BD7C-7BB62495B71A.jpeg

For transmission. Set final to 2.600, set top speed to 150. Set final to 2.000. Set individual gears.

Happy hunting guys. 👍

Placed 17th at the moment on BMB in the R92CP with a 39.741. Brake bias +5 (rear), shift at redline, shave the walls. https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gtsport/sportmode/event/25909

Top time is in a Mazda LM55...an odd one. I tried to do a time in that thing and it's surprisingly fast but I could only get as close as a whole second off. The LongBoi Nissan is also really fast but the hybrid regen is difficult to manage.

Okay, installled the game again. Specifically for Gr.4. However, it’s not for Daily Racing or FIA. The Gr.4 TT at Tsukuba, W08 and the NSX TT. Using the Mustang and Atenza. I remember the Mustang was real good versus the WRX and Evo in a past Daily Race at Tsukuba. So far, the I got the Mustang up to P10. Initial time was for P15. Then, P13. Turns real tight as usual and has better top end than the WRX.
Would love to see a faster player can go quicker in the Mustang. Just to see what it can really do.

Hi guys, has been a while.

@fordlaser: Great lap mate. The chocolate again? :cheers:

Here's my first fast setup for the Tsukuba TT for the Atenza. Currently a time of 0:55,941s with a potential for a mid 55.

BB - 2
60 130
3,30 3,30
8 10
55 60
81 81
2,0 3,5
toe out 0,30 toe out 0,20

250 500

5 5
60 60
5 5

Final gear to 2,800
Max speed to min

Happy hunting for great lap times.

Last edited:

Hi guys, has been a while.

@fordlaser: Great lap mate. The chocolate again? :cheers:

Here's my first fast setup for the Tsukuba TT for the Atenza. Currently a time of 0:55,941s with a potential for a mid 55.

BB - 2
60 130
3,30 3,30
8 10
55 60
81 81
2,0 3,5
toe out 0,30 toe out 0,20

250 500

5 5
60 60
5 5

Final gear to 2,800
Max speed to min

Happy hunting for great lap times.
Yes my friend :cheers:. I am going to try the Atenza and see if I can get a better time than the Subaru, and if not I will go back to my Subaru because this car handles so good.

Hi @sdi_03 I am still a bit over 200th of a second behind your time with my WRX using Auto, and I will try your tune if I can not get anymore speed out of my WRX.

Hi @v8_pursuit I tried your tune for a few hours yesterday but no luck sorry my friend, and all I could do is around your time and no better.

0:55.584 after 250km with @v8_pursuit setup, very good one for DS4 driver.
Thank you very much for your sharing.
Very limited time for virtual driving in this period but as soon as possible I will mount and drive the @sdi_03 one.
Ciao and thanks again for sharing
Good time in the Atenza mate :cheers: . I am staying on my WRX a few more days and see if I can get anymore speed out, before I change to the Atenza again.

Last edited:
Hi guys! Heres my atenza tune.
good luck and happy hunting 😊
Thanks for sharing. It´s a very stable tune and quite fast. Great lap of you, my friend. 👍
Hi @sdi_03 I am still a bit over 200th of a second behind your time with my WRX using Auto, and I will try your tune if I can not get anymore speed out of my WRX.

Hi @v8_pursuit I tried your tune for a few hours yesterday but no luck sorry my friend, and all I could do is around your time and no better.
I too couldn´t go any faster vesterday so I switched back to the WRX again. You are right, it handles better than the Atenza and I reached laptimes around my best immediately. Have to play with the suspension a bit though.
0:55.584 after 250km with @v8_pursuit setup, very good one for DS4 driver.
Thank you very much for your sharing.
Very limited time for virtual driving in this period but as soon as possible I will mount and drive the @sdi_03 one.
Ciao and thanks again for sharing
You´re welcome, my friend and a very fast lap you did. :cheers:

Edit: Now my fastest time is with the WRX. Not far behind you @fordlaser. :cheers:

Last edited:
I too couldn´t go any faster vesterday so I switched back to the WRX again. You are right, it handles better than the Atenza and I reached laptimes around my best immediately. Have to play with the suspension a bit though.

Edit: Now my fastest time is with the WRX. Not far behind you @fordlaser. :cheers:
I had another go with my WRX today, and I went a bit fast with a few adjustments to the gearbox, but I had enough with this TT now and I need to take a long holiday until the next one.
My Great Capture Screenshot 2021-10-11 18-02-24.png

@sdi_03 nice tune mate, got me quicker by three tenths, 56.7xx after only about 10 laps. I was surprised by the max ARB and relatively high camber, but it handles really smoothly and I think a lot of my gain from using your tune came in the last long corner.

I'd attempted to tune the Atenza myself, but I don't really do racecars or 4WD cars. First thing I noticed was the stock Atenza understeers... OK brake balance rearward to help her turn in.... better but still understeers in the rest of the corner. The ride height min/max was what cracked it for me, anti roll bars didn't really help too much on my car, without the ride height adjustment.

Wow, I've not tried the NSX yet. I've found the Megane at Nurburgring scary enough (nearly 500 BHP through the front wheels, on a surface like the moon!).

So I drive the Megane stock, just to get a feel: Mega wheelspin, even some from a standing start in 4th gear. Suspension like jelly, seems way undersprung for the SS tyres. Drags its arse around the track, typical FF car but not actually as much understeer as I feared, except under power. Very hard to get a clean lap. Its basically a group 3 engine, on a road car chassis!

Primitive tune, I think has improved her from stock: EDIT tune ver 2 EDIT tune ver 3

Power: max 190% 497 BHP, Weight: min 85% 1178 kg

Brake balance: 1 (rear) 2 (rear)

F/R
Ride Height: 100/175 mm 110/160 110/175
Nat freq: 2.10/2.10 1.80/2.00 1.80/2.00
Anti Roll: 7/10 1/6 1/7
DampC: 60/60 * 62/62 62/62
DampR: 88/88 * 88/88 92/88
Cam(-): 1.5/2.5 1.0/2.5 1.2/2.5
Toe 0.0/0.0 * 0.0/Out1.0 0.20 Out/1.00 Out
LSD 10/60/5 5/35/5 5/18/5

Gears
Max speed 180 mph

1st 1.780/60 mph
2nd 1.490/73 mph
3rd 0.930/116 mph use 3rd gear for all but the slowest corners, it's better to start in 3rd too slow, than to wheelspin 2nd.
4th 0.775/140 mph 0.800/135
5th 0.675/160 mph
6th 0.590/199 mph 0.533/200

Final Drive: 4.184

* I have these as a baseline, haven't really tried adjusting yet while I get to grips with the car

LSD accel, I currently have at 60 but am experimenting in the range 40-60. I think 60 is better but 40 is a little more forgiving?
Top gear might need lengthening a bit, I can't get 199 mph but the engine is close to cutting off at the limiter I think.

I'm only in the 7'50.xxx, I need more practice.

I don't tune many FF cars, so any comments or feedback is appreciated!

EDIT tune ver 2:
I softened the suspension in an effort to improve track compliance, especially for the front wheels which are critical for both braking and power.

Ride heights adjusted for suspension compliance.

Dampers changed a little, I stiffened the bump mainly on "feel".

To provoke more oversteer I added rear toe out, finding I preferred it all the way to the max setting.

Front camber was reduced slightly, this hopefully gives better power application, but you lose some of the initial "bite" in cornering turn-in. I tested from 0.0 to 1.5 and settled on 1.0 as a decent compromise.

LSD tweaked to be minimum for initial and decel. Accel reduced to 35, I found that at all settings above it seems "locked". Lower settings (I tried 15-35) can prevent the sudden power on understeer by preserving the outside wheel but spinning up the inner, this still gives some understeer and less drive. Again, this is somewhat done on "feel" and personal preference.

Minor edit to 4th gear and lengthened 6th considerably.

Technique: In trying to (re)learn FWD for this car, I found that it is better to mainly brake in a straight line, and turn in later than expected (if used to RWD) with a reasonably quick brake release. Its very sharp trail braking, or even a clear lift off then chuck her in. This flicks the car into the corner which can take some getting used to. If you try to trail brake generally, I found I often understeered and missed the apex. So the line you want is something like a "wet line". You want to do a mini braking drift on turn in, at a late enough point that it lines you up close to the exit, because....

Throttle application is critical, I think most of the gains in time are to be had by using 1/4 to 1/2 throttle at the correct times. It isn't loud, and it feels like you're not doing much but you'll silently gain time. Go full throttle too soon and you get red tyres, or at least understeer with still not great traction.

I often shift early, before the bar starts flashing. The engine seems to struggle over 6000 rpm whereas it pulls well from lower than expected revs.

EDIT tune ver 3:
I found that higher front rebound damper gave less understeer on throttle at corner exit.
This may have hurt turn-in at corner entry so I reverted my ride heights to a very high rear and stiffened the rear anti-roll bar. Still, I found I could be quite aggressive on turn in.

I then played with the front camber and diff Accel to try and get a little more out of the front tyres acceleration.

I managed to cut 3 sec off my personal best, although I was fortunate to get a very consistent lap with 7 min plus of driving. The pure length of this track and the need to make no mistakes to truly test a tune fairly, makes tuning very challenging!

Last edited:
Hi everyone, here's what I've been using today:
IMG20211101133038.jpg
IMG20211101133050.jpg

Until today and a little stalking of Igor's lap, I had a "lo-front hi-rear" ride height setup but I changed it and clocked a 7'23"9 on my first and only run with the new "hi-front lo-rear" setup.
I still have to set a mark without a penalty so I hope to break entry into the 7'20" club.
All my friends are ahead of me...
I think the top guys will break the 7'10" barrier in the next 3 days...

@gkgamer thanks for posting a tune, I'll drive it later today. I love trying other peoples tunes when I've been tuning a car, it helps me learn a lot.

Good tactic observing the cars of the top-ranked drivers. I look for gear redline speeds but I've never gone as far as looking at the chassis heights 👍

Back