Tom Clancy's The Division

He no longer associates with us peasants...but I will give him credit for that post.

Hey @ImaRobot tomorrows the big day, I have to do some kitchen remodeling crap after work but will be on later in the evening and probably a late Saturday night session if you are available?

Did you happen to abandon us for the PS4? :P

Yeah, but this time around it's 100% circumstantial. The only reason I even have it because the friends I played Destiny with kept talking about it and I basically succumbed to peer pressure. :(

I had no interest in it beforehand, and to be perfectly honest, outside of actually playing it I have zero interest in it right now. :lol:

If you're confused, good. I don't understand the situation myself.

Dang, is all of that found gear?
Nope, the clothing comes from this pack and this pack. Weapon comes from loot drops.

I would be keen on this if the TTK wasn't so long, pumping guys with 2-3 full mags to get a kill just seems weird.
It only takes that amount (and more :P) on a boss, or enemies that are a lot higher level than you. If you're on-level, or above, enemies will drop like flies.

It's okay, we've all been there (though my excuse it's my sons PS4). :D

So I finally unlocked the first two wings of the headquarters, the bonuses sure make it worthwhile. I think I'm ready for the final one now (Metro Morgue), even though I'm a few levels over.

@Terronium-12 I was hoping we you'd got this on Xbone :(

Have you bribed the RNGesus on this game too?

Since I have done my first main mission a lot enemies seem to be in the streets (random?). They cought me by surprise a few times because I was simply following my waypoint for a side mission.

Just opened the second safe house and I will level up a bit as well before diving into the tunnelmission.

Ventured into the Dark Zone for the first time today. Not what I expected. I expected a PVP scumfest, but it was actually co-op all around. 👍
Yep! It's a PvEvP with PvP being last on the list. Which is why people who dislike PvP games shouldn't be turned off by the DZ . Don't get me wrong, you will come across a few who are always Rogue Agents and they become trolls but for the most part, players are just there to find gear.

With that being said though, the DZ needs those players who are causing trouble, it makes the DZ work. One of the best thrills in this game is to see the Red Skull icons pop up and EVERYONE begins to work together to hunt down the Rogue Agents.

He no longer associates with us peasants...but I will give him credit for that post.

Hey @ImaRobot tomorrows the big day, I have to do some kitchen remodeling crap after work but will be on later in the evening and probably a late Saturday night session if you are available?
I'll be picking it up on my way home from work at around 3:30pm PST, likely pick up some drinks, and then go to town. Saturday I'm going to be going to a Wedding Ceremony, but that's mid-day and I don't plan to stay long.

Yeah, but this time around it's 100% circumstantial. The only reason I even have it because the friends I played Destiny with kept talking about it and I basically succumbed to peer pressure. :(

I had no interest in it beforehand, and to be perfectly honest, outside of actually playing it I have zero interest in it right now. :lol:

I stopped reading after "Yeah, " because I was too sad to continue on to find out why. :(

:P

Should I wait until I'm level 30 to go into the DZ? Hit 21 last night.
While I don't have the game, I do have a friend that just got the game the other day and he's barely at level 11. I was looking at the game hub and he's already had about 10 extractions, while @Oso Actual is level 21 with 9 extracts. Going off that it probably would be alright to jump in now.

Don't take my word for it though, because I'm just sad anxiously waiting and trying to pass the time.

Yeah the DZ is set up in player brackets, so level 1-14 are in the same server, 15-19 and so on. It keeps it balance in terms of higher ranked players and better perks.

I plan on starting a dedicated character to start along side you.

I'll give it a shot tonight then. 👍

Edit- Christ, even the level 21 (I'm 24) extraction points are hard by yourself.

Last edited:
Hit level 30 and damn, they weren't kidding with the "challenge missions". Going to take a while to finish those.

Hit level 30 and damn, they weren't kidding with the "challenge missions". Going to take a while to finish those.
Yep me too, just earlier. I was struggling with the default so 'challenging' is going to be interesting.

Did you get any good drops? I have only finished 1 daily and only got mediocre purples, no golds.

Also an FYI for anyone, when you have multiple characters, you share your Clothing items found and whatever's in your 'Stash', level permitting of course.

Yep me too, just earlier. I was struggling with the default so 'challenging' is going to be interesting.

Did you get any good drops? I have only finished 1 daily and only got mediocre purples, no golds.

I just did the two Hard dailies and got a bunch of purples, mainly armor, which helped a little. No golds yet. The one attempt on Challenge lasted 10 minutes, lol.

I'm really enjoying the game so far. The visuals seem to borrow from Watchdogs, while the gameplay mechanics are torn right out of GRFS. Favorite gun class so far is the Submachine guns, they just tear through people at close range. The day/night and weather cycle is beautiful, especially sunrise when it peaks through the building. The dense snow storms also adds for a great touch. Still haven't found my go to talents and whatnot, so far I like the healing station since you can revive yourself at it, and Pulse for obvious reasons. I have since switched out pulse for the turret, since one of the mods is that any target it hits Pulses for 10 seconds, so its effective. One thing I'm a bit shocked by, is that there's no crouch/prone button, they really force the cover on you.

With most of the mechanics seemingly just coming from Ghost Recon Future Soldier, I wish they would have taken this as well.

Man does this game look dated now :lol:

Played a good amount with @Oso Actual, and got a fair amount of DZ extractions going. For the most part you don't get too many Rogues, and there is at least some morals in there, but man is it exciting. Keep an eye out for those at the extraction zone, that don't have any loot satchels, they'll likely try to burn you.

Last edited:
Im also trying to figure what type of character I want to play. I am thinking my main will be more medic/health related and my secondary will be more tank like.

The DZ is an interesting place. @ImaRobot and I had our run ins with a group who at first was cool but soon became our enemies, 🤬 hit the fan because of accidental friendly fire......good times:cheers:

Im also trying to figure what type of character I want to play. I am thinking my main will be more medic/health related and my secondary will be more tank like.

The DZ is an interesting place. @ImaRobot and I had our run ins with a group who at first was cool but soon became our enemies, 🤬 hit the fan because of accidental friendly fire......good times:cheers:
It wasn't accidental. I was chasing a Rogue that just happened to clear out his timer, so when I found him, it turned me into one, and you by association. I hate how it automatically locks on to you if you're a Rogue. It's ok though, because the one that killed me, I found him later and got my revenge, also took a full bag of goodies from him.

It was odd how they didn't seem to hear us though. The only thing I can think of is that when you go Rogue you get blocked out of the comms? That's what it seemed like atleast.

Got my first high end item :) Got it from Lexington Event Center on Hard, which is really easy with a competent group.

0B60vAt.png

I hope they create 'gear sets' so you can easily switch between gear/character skill sets. In single player I prefer a lot more offensive set than in Dark Zone (more medical). Currently that requires manual switching and that's cumbersome.

First 3 main missions Finished and I am level 10. This game is simply gorgeous and already it was worth every penny. 14 hours of total playtime registered. Took quiet a few pics as well :) Will post some tomorrow 👍

I am addicted to my sniper rifle and it's great to blow up those gasoline tanks on the thugs's back :lol:

I have the sharpness on the default setting of 70% but I switched off the chromatic filter. Looks better without I think. I'll try lowering the sharpness this evening.

I have the sharpness on the default setting of 70% but I switched off the chromatic filter. Looks better without I think. I'll try lowering the sharpness this evening.
I'm not even sure what that setting does, so I left it at default. I'll try removing it later. I think I should also lower my brightness, because going off your screens, it really brings out the atmosphere.

Picked this up on the way home from work last night.
Of course when I went to give it a go the servers were down for maintenance so I only had a chance for about 40mins of play before bed.
Looks pretty promising even though I had no idea of what I was doing menu wise.

@ImaRobot In the photography world chromatic abbreviation is the effect of a coloured fringing that some lenses are susceptible to in high contrast situations.
Think a photo of someone with with a bright light source behind them and often it results in a coloured fringe halo like around them, normally purple or green.

As far as the setting in the game goes I'm not sure if it's there to remove it or add it for affect, I'll have to check it out.

Also as far as brightness goes it will also be dependent on your actual tv settings so @doblocruiser settings won't necessarily be interchangeable for you.
Set your brightness via the test pattern where it asks you to make the logo just barely visible.
In reality this should also be adjusted for a dark and light playing environment also, so at night it will be different for day depending on how dark the room you are playing in. 👍

@ImaRobot In the photography world chromatic abbreviation is the effect of a coloured fringing that some lenses are susceptible to in high contrast situations.
Think a photo of someone with with a bright light source behind them and often it results in a coloured fringe halo like around them, normally purple or green.
Thanks for that! I know a simple solution for me would be to just test it out myself, but I'm at work so it was a no go.

Also as far as brightness goes it will also be dependent on your actual tv settings so @doblocruiser settings won't necessarily be interchangeable for you.
Set your brightness via the test pattern where it asks you to make the logo just barely visible.
In reality this should also be adjusted for a dark and light playing environment also, so at night it will be different for day depending on how dark the room you are playing in. 👍
Oh no, I realize that. Even with all that said, the screenshots are not taking into account what the TV settings are at, but more so raw game footage. So judging off the ones that he's taking in comparison to my own, I feel mine can be darkened some more. It looks more menacing at night with how dark his is, almost like a zombie apocalypse setting.

Anyone interesting in playing Dark Zone on PC? Mostly for farming gear and killing AI's.

Must be level 30 (DZ lvl doesn't matter) ;)

Let me know! 👍

Back