Top-Secret PS3 Driving Game will be Revealed Next Month will threaten GT5

  • Thread starter Thread starter tingri
  • 329 comments
  • 35,530 views
Test Drive unlimited 2 with realistic physics ?
Enthusia 2 ? (Didn't play the first but I've heard it is pretty good)

Any competition is welcome and it's good for us the customers. So bring it on whatever game that is.
 
All the claim 'compete with GT' means in this context is that there's a new sim-style (unless the mag is 100% clueless) racing title coming to PS3 and from the look they've had at it it doesn't suck. They can't just say 'competant new racing game on the way!' because they're a magazine, they have to make it as artificially exciting as possible, hence the EPIC WARZ between this unknown racing game and GT.

I seriously doubt this is an April Fool's joke because covertly advertising an April Fool's joke in March and getting people excited over something makes your magazine look outright idiotic and your credibility goes straight down the toilet. I really don't believe this is a joke. It's not April, it's not time for April fools, and magazines tread a thin line with April fools anyway. ESPECIALLY print mags.

That's a very fair reasoning. I've seen April fool's joke on print mags though.

I'm just doubtful because the scale of GT5 doesn't seem like something anyone out of the blue can just jump in and compete, which is why I mentioned all those standards that is GT5. The resource being put into GT5 is huge. We're talking about 60-80 million dollars in development costs. No other racing games come near that.

I'm not completely phasing out this news because it probably does mean another racing game is a coming. Whether it'll truly compete with GT5 or not is my real question.
 
@ daus26: I doubt the game in question will really compare to GT's ambitions either, truth be told.

Any possibility that it's Dirt 3? This just showed up on Kotaku:

http://kotaku.com/5492722/what-comes-after-dirt-2-dirt-3-of-course

PS: Looks like Dirt 3 is going to abandon the super annoying rather silly 'extreme attitude d00dz!' of Dirt 2. Excellent news.

Edit: Yeah, a rally game isn't the same as GT. Still, magazines have made sillier connections.
 
Last edited:
It is Grid 2 .me thinks

Yeah maybe, they said in the article it would be a sequel
I wouldn't mind trying that game out but to threaten GT5? That'd take up a crapload of space on the HDD with all those things.
 
Great, now I've really really really got my hopes up that it'll be Enthusia 2. :/
 
This is about as threatning as when EA said that forza would be no match to NFS Shi(f)t. Unless it is a TOCA game (which even then it's not a threat), then i wouldn't even bother looking into it.
 
If it's anything close to GT5 even if its not graphic worthy as long as the pyshics are spot on and the car and track lineup is good with over 16 or more players online. I'm getting it, I'm tired of waiting. Aren't you? It might even speed up GT5 release.
 
Lol. Nothing can (and probably ever will) get close.

Sadly, anything that gets released would not only challenge but win... at least until GT is finally released. Win some dollars, and potentially take people away from the GT franchise.

Hell, if Dirt2 had more a "GT Mode" style game / mode I would have to be resold on getting GT in the first place. A more complete version of prologue won't do; and has anyone confirmed anything significantly different?
 
If you're going up against GT5, you better have some serious campaigning or a good ass demo. And damn, isn't 2010 a bad year for racing games to come out? GT5 is literally lurking in the water. I can feel it. Honestly!
 
I'm excited to see what it is.

But will it surpass GT5? Never.
 
rFactor and GTR say hi!!!!.:)

GT offers GT mode, which is what makes GT, GT.

I wish everyone would stop with the PC sim comparisons to GT, it's getting old. PC sims appeal to a very niche market, where as gran turismo appeals to a mass market, and so gran turismo is on another scale completely. It also offers over 1000 cars all designed in house and available from launch.
 
Do you guys simply not understand marketing?.. There is nothing to discuss here.
 
Do you guys simply not understand marketing?.. There is nothing to discuss here.

What I said too. And also, how credible is this site? Never heard of it. Looks like a blog.
 
Looks like a blog.

Probably because it is one.

However the credibility of the blog isn't at issue since they aren't claiming anything. They are just posting a small clip from a magazine.
 
If twisted metal comes out for ps3, that would be insane. there definitely isn't a game of its genre, not even on ps2.
 
How can an unreleased game threaten the crown of an unreleased game?
 
The "top secret" racing game is GT6.

It will threaten GT5 because the whole GT5 development team is now working on GT6, so GT5 will be delayed indefinitely.

Or PD will just announce that they are renaming GT5 to GT6 due to its long development time.
 
Yeah maybe, they said in the article it would be a sequel
Sequel doesn't mean 2nd, sequel is just something that follows something else.
 
Do you guys simply not understand marketing?.. There is nothing to discuss here.

Like I said:

Start a rumor taking advantage of no GT5 release date to incite GT fans: Mission Accomplished.
 
A challenger to GT5? Answer to my prayers. I'm planning on buying GT5 because it's hobson's choice. There's nothing else to touch it on PS3 but if they got a good physics system, decent graphics and maybe switched the emphasis from cars to tracks (500 cars, 150 tracks) I'd jump ship in a second. Wouldn't matter if the graphics weren't quite as stunning as GT which, after all, is about the only area they would be competitive if a challenger did materialise.

Fingers crossed...
 
That PD better gives us a release date, for their own sake:p
Unless they're thinking like always:
,, We are PD, we have Gran Turismo, and everyone will buy Gran Turismo.. no matter how late or what competition there is"

It is not PD thinking like this, ITS SONY!!! Sony decide when GT gonna be released, sony wants to make as much cash as it possible out of this release - it means they wait 1 - for as much consoles to be sold 2 - for a holiday, so you may all expect gt5 to be released somewhere near the end of 2010 :scared::drool::sick:
 
:lol: Blur!!! ooh ahh!
 
It's a shame that there isn't anymore games like GT. Yes there is forza but that's on 360. We need to start seeing more games like GT and Forza on both systems. The more the better. Something like Enthusia, or a brand new title, whatever it may be, we need more!

Think about it, you want to play a racing game where you can pick a normal standard car like lets say a Mazda MX-5 and just thrash it around a track for a bit of fun, you can't, what are your options? Your only option is GT. Definitely need more. This is good news.
 
A driving game to challenge the GOD of driving games. If this new game is released before GT5 then it has a chance to be the GOD of driving games. But when gt5 comes out, this new game will disappear from the face of this planet
 
I heard they are going to ship every GT5 with a Higgs Boson in the case, so there is no competition really.
 
Back