Update coming next week.

• Thread starter Stephan
  • 545 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did some maths:

140 new cars added in total.
45% of those are post 2000.
23.5% of those would be what the folks would consider (and criticize) as 'latest and greatest', meaning post 2010.

My criteria for a car that I would like to add to my garage are:
- Road car
- Post 2000
- Not Vision GT
- Not Group X

For me:

I have enjoyed 25% of all cars released so far.
Of recent years, I've only gotten 7.8% of cars that I'd like.

If we could consistently get just 1 or 2 recent cars per update, things would be better and more balanced.

GTPlanet: complains every time that GTS is lacking in race cars and new performance cars and is adding too many Japanese cars to updates.

PD: Adds a race car, a new performance car, and no Japanese cars to the next update.

GTPlanet: still whines and complains just as much as before.

I swear, there are some people that will never, ever be pleased.

GTPlanet: still whines and complains just as much as before.

Its not so much about the whining itself (as much as they're valid) as they parroting the exact same (subjective) complaints everytime the update news comes out.

Like, we get it. It becomes the real problem since every update news threads ever becomes this talking point.

I don't like Dirt Rally 2.0 microtransactions at all, yet I wont moan about it on every new season news. Probably taking it into general discussion or make a new thread if I want to, but like I said I wont going to spam every said threads. Eventually I moved on atleast from said topic because its a waste of my time and mental health to think about it for a long time, and also knowing that other people will share my sentiment later on and do the same as I did, probably.

As for those who felt their negative opinions is being suppressed and being "forced" to enjoy it, well, think about it. Its a free update in a video game, a leisure item. Its not affecting or disturbing your life much, so why so much dedicated anger? Dont like the game? Move on. Or if said problem still bugs you at least take it to a new thread because im very much not interested hearing what basically amount of an angry broken record.

Last edited:
"Stop whining about my favorite game!" :(

Just use the Ignore button if you don't like the whining. Again, why do you guys think it's gonna stop?

GTPlanet (1): complains every time that GTS is lacking in race cars and new performance cars and is adding too many Japanese cars to updates.

PD: Adds a race car, a new performance car, and no Japanese cars to the next update.

GTPlanet (2): still whines and complains just as much as before.

I added the (1) and (2) for reference. By "GTPlanet", do you mean posters on the forum, rather than the site? If so, then is it the same people who are contradicting themselves, or is (1) a different person, or group of people, to (2)?

Right, because simply ignoring those who don't agree with you is what promotes healthy discussion.
This discussion has been going on and on for years. Nobody's gonna change the mind of anybody regarding GTS's updates. There's no point in having a "healthy discussion".

What defines as keeping busy? Standard cars?
It was not just about cars.
Career mode
Tuning shop
Gt auto
More tracks and more.
The quality of cars and how the sound is better in gt sport. But its Much smaller game its closer to prolugue than a full game. There is not enough content to keep playing every day.
At least not if you are not into sport mode.
Its more a game i coming back to from time to time
Overall a numbered gran turismo would still be way better in My opinion.

But i am happy for camaro zl1 1le i would had Wait for another update, but with this car alone it will be worth to coming back.

I added the (1) and (2) for reference. By "GTPlanet", do you mean posters on the forum, rather than the site? If so, then is it the same people who are contradicting themselves, or is (1) a different person, or group of people, to (2)?
Yes I mean the posters of this forum, obviously not the site as a whole or the admins of the site.

It was not just about cars.
Career mode
Tuning shop
Gt auto
More tracks and more.
The quality of cars and how the sound is better in gt sport. But its Much smaller game its closer to prolugue than a full game. There is not enough content to keep playing every day. Its more a game i coming back to from time to time
At least not if you are not into sport mode.
Overall a numbered gran turismo would still be way better in My opinion.

Gt sport is not a prologue at all. Prologue barely had much content at all thats for sure.

Gt sport is not a prologue at all. Prologue barely had much content at all thats for sure.
I never said it was a prolugue but at launch it didin’t have more content than a prolugue game. Now its more like in between but it closer to a prolugue rather than a full game like previous titles

Right, because simply ignoring those who don't agree with you is what promotes healthy discussion.

Okay but this has kinda been happening for people that actually have complaints

Like, people announce it in the thread like it means something that special

You can count on one hand the amount of Gr.3 cars missing from GT Sport:

Ford GT
(New) Vantage
Bentley
M8

Likewise, I can count on one hand the missing Gr.1 cars:

Minolta Toyota
GT-ONE
Speed 8
R390

Gr.2 additions are dependent on a DTM license or waiting for 2020 GT500’s. Specifically the Supra and front-engined NSX

To sum up, there’s probably a dozen or so obvious race cars, to fill out the roster. After the above additions - I’m assuming there wouldn’t be a consensus of what should come next.

I'm still surprised by the lack of VGT's recently...

Maybe PD has received a wakeup call. Most of the fanbase got bored during VGT craze a few years back, and now they are making up for it by paying attention to cars that are true to GT tradition. I'm not saying we'll never see another VGT, but I can understand if PD has shifted the project into low-priority.

PROTIP:
Roadcar + Livery = Racecar
You're welcome.

I think the race car hungry crowd is more interested in downforce than liveries.

So how much do we think PD is going to inflate the price of the Stingray XP-87 concept to?

For reference in GT6 it started at 500,000 Cr.
I really hope it'll be the same. The Plymouth XNR Ghia was 1,000,000 Cr. in GT6 and it's price stayed the same in GT Sport so I hope the same can be said about the Corvette.

Maybe PD has received a wakeup call. Most of the fanbase got bored during VGT craze a few years back, and now they are making up for it by paying attention to cars that are true to GT tradition. I'm not saying we'll never see another VGT, but I can understand if PD has shifted the project into low-priority.
Other than the Porsche and Lamborghini(?) VGT, which manufacturers are still missing in GTS?

I think they've just ran out of manufacturers.

The XP-87 Stingray was raced at Road America under Bill Mitchell's own racing team. This was prior to GM purchasing the car in 1961.
W59HV_CH005_a.jpg

So to those people saying there's no race car in the update, there is indeed.

As for those who felt their negative opinions is being suppressed and being "forced" to enjoy it, well, think about it. Its a free update in a video game, a leisure item. Its not affecting or disturbing your life much, so why so much dedicated anger? Dont like the game? Move on. Or if said problem still bugs you at least take it to a new thread because im very much not interested hearing what basically amount of an angry broken record.

I don’t think there is that much anger, at least in those complaining of updates. The real anger comes from those complaining about people complaining, which is as much of a problem, maybe even a bigger problem. All of the things you said could be directed at your self so think about that.

Haven't heard anything about Porsche joining the project yet.
"Last but not least, designers from Porsche are currently developing the Porsche Vision Gran Turismo Project, which is then being turned into a drivable car within the game by Polyphony Digital Inc. The Porsche Vision Gran Turismo Project is expected to appear within Gran Turismo Sport by the end of next year. With the Porsche Vision Gran Turismo Project, the Porsche Design team is exploring new horizons: for the first time, a virtual sports car concept not linked to series production will be developed, which makes the visionary interpretation of the Porsche design DNA a reality."
https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/news/00_3877725.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back