Update is available!

• Thread starter HaylRayzor
  • 239 comments
dont panic.. it took me an age to get it all yesterday.. but it is saving from the last point each time.Even though it looks like it keeps starting from the begining:tup:

Well thanks! it's all done now . Mizzufishy is happy!

Btw I love the new ferrari california:drool:

Haven't played game for a while. Previous to this update I could switch off the ingame music via Options now I can't. Any clues?!!
nige

Haven't played game for a while. Previous to this update I could switch off the ingame music via Options now I can't. Any clues?!!
nige

I switched off in-game music, no problem. Remember, that in the options menu, you can move up and down, and in a few cases, to the right as well. As I recall, the sound settings require you to scroll to the right.

Not sure if you're having trouble finding sound options, or if you're in game music setting is "frozen". I'm guessing its the first.

I switched off in-game music, no problem. Remember, that in the options menu, you can move up and down, and in a few cases, to the right as well. As I recall, the sound settings require you to scroll to the right.

Not sure if you're having trouble finding sound options, or if you're in game music setting is "frozen". I'm guessing its the first.
Could be. I've moved up/down/left/right and diagonal if I could, still no sign of it! :yuck:
nige

jep,just go to options/sounds...there you can turn the music off...just did it and it works fine...👍

spyrrari.

Could be. I've moved up/down/left/right and diagonal if I could, still no sign of it! :yuck:
nige

Options, down one, I believe, then over to the right for audio options. Just turn down the ingame music volume.

Did the update improved the crash physics and sounds? I've got the feeling that the sounds of collisions have become better and the cars aren't bouncing off each other and walls like rubber balls anymore. Am I right or is this just my imagination? Maybe it is preparation for damage modelling in the nearer future?

That's my experience aswell. So no, it's not your imagination. 👍
Yeah could be preparation for damage, thats what I thought, too. :)

But even if not, it's not so easy anymore for the punters to succeed.
Punterproof:mischievous:

quick question, has the update made the cars look like they are going faster, eg, when they are going 200mph they look like they are doing 200mph instead of 150mph or is it just because i have not played gt5p in a while so im not used to it?

Smithy, I think so, I was playing, I was doing daytona OVAL on S class events, I was going 200 MPH, and it seem SOOOO fast, faster then it seem before.

As some have mentioned, the sounds are better IMO. I did some engine sound testing yesterday, and the exhaust sounds, especially in replay for sure, sound very raw and friggin AWESOME!

Haven't had much time to mess with much else yet, but I like where things are headed!

If you do remember there is a new learning curve to tackle so don't get put-off if it is difficult or unfamiliar at first.

I ended up buying a G25 instead of the DFGT. It's really good, I'm really enjoying it. I expected it to be much harder to catch the rear end when it starts to slide and it certainly is, but I am able to do the same lap times I did with the controller.

To keep it on topic; I'm not a huge fan of the Lotus Evora's gear ratios but it handles well and the Citroen GT seems like a bit of a gimmick to me. Love the Ferrari California though. :)

I ended up buying a G25 instead of the DFGT. It's really good, I'm really enjoying it. I expected it to be much harder to catch the rear end when it starts to slide and it certainly is, but I am able to do the same lap times I did with the controller.

Thats great, some players take longer to get the hang of it but they're usually happy in the end.

Has anyone noticed the blow off sounds of turbo cars has become softer again? The psst sound is barely noticeable, similar to the times before the august update.

Has anyone also noticed (this may well just be mine somehow) that the calendar, although showing todays date (the line is flashing under the 5th for me) it shows 10th October above the calendar?

Update next Friday anyone? :)

Has anyone also noticed (this may well just be mine somehow) that the calendar, although showing todays date (the line is flashing under the 5th for me) it shows 10th October above the calendar?

Update next Friday anyone? :)
I think the '10' is referring to the month, ie. October is the 10th month. But maybe im wrong & it means something else

[supersonic-88];3177888
I think the '10' is referring to the month, ie. October is the 10th month. But maybe im wrong & it means something else
No, you're right. :)

Sounds changed? Just to clarify, are you running the same sound settings in options as the reset to default after the update.

Here is the new intro and a new showcase.

specIII_intro.jpg

Cinematic - Second expansion data introduction, 720p 30fps (43 MB)

california_showcase.jpg

Showcase - Ferrari California, 720p 30fps (49 MB)

As usual, posted on Youtube for low-bandwidth users...

Hope you'll enjoy.

Last edited:
Sounds changed? Just to clarify, are you running the same sound settings in options as the reset to default after the update.

Yeah, set it exactly the same as I had before this update. At high revs and speeds, I can no longer hear the bov sounds as well as last time. I can only hear them at low speeds and revs. Maybe this is more realistic? Since outside noises are softer at lower speeds while the bov will be too soft to hear at nosier higher speeds?

Yeah, set it exactly the same as I had before this update. At high revs and speeds, I can no longer hear the bov sounds as well as last time. I can only hear them at low speeds and revs. Maybe this is more realistic? Since outside noises are softer at lower speeds while the bov will be too soft to hear at nosier higher speeds?

I haven't had a chance to test the blow-off valve sounds with the new update, but does it depend on what view your in? If it's more realistic, then they should easily be heard in the interior view. I drive an SRT-4 with a Mopar BOV, and I can EASILY hear that from my interior. Now I know the stock cars in the game may not have aftermarket BOV's, but if they're going to make them loud on the cars with one update, and then quiet it down on this one, it shouldn't matter if they're considered aftermarket or not. Same thing with replays. If the car is coming at you, then you should easily be able to hear the BOV.

One thing I noticed after the update is the penalty system may have just improved.

Ok I just finished an online race. Beginner at Fuji.
I was in second place on the second lap behind this .....driver. Another car passed me, but my position indicator showed I was still in second. As we(three) crossed the line, my finish showed second. The ...driver.... finished last behind another car that didn't even cross the line.

This driver had been driving like an .......for three races. Is it possible the new update will only put up with bad behavior for so long?

i have a problem too. i'm using a wired connection.i live in turkey.i have an account for this country and we don't have a psn network.and i am using 1mbps connection max is 4 mbps :S

when i try to play the game it reminds me the update.so i accept. but it fails at about %3-4. this is encoured everytime.i can't update the game.this was with my normal account.

i've signed up an uk account.with that account i can enter ps store and download demos,themes,applications etc.it's cool.but the same problem.i can't update the game.everytime it fails at the same point.this is making me crazy,so annoyed.

so guys.what should i do ? i bought the ps3 yesterday only for this game.but minute by minute i'm getting bored with this problem.if i can't find a solution to this problem i will probably sell my console :S

please help me guys :S

I haven't had a chance to test the blow-off valve sounds with the new update, but does it depend on what view your in? If it's more realistic, then they should easily be heard in the interior view. I drive an SRT-4 with a Mopar BOV, and I can EASILY hear that from my interior. Now I know the stock cars in the game may not have aftermarket BOV's, but if they're going to make them loud on the cars with one update, and then quiet it down on this one, it shouldn't matter if they're considered aftermarket or not. Same thing with replays. If the car is coming at you, then you should easily be able to hear the BOV.

Hi RacingFreak. What you said sounds true also, there should not be any difficulties hearing the bov at any speed or rev range. but thats what I'm facing and I'm not sure if anyone else feels the same. The bov sound is definitely not as loud as before, although it still can be heard. What a waste, since the bov sounds were what made me love the update before this oct.

Hi RacingFreak. What you said sounds true also, there should not be any difficulties hearing the bov at any speed or rev range. but thats what I'm facing and I'm not sure if anyone else feels the same. The bov sound is definitely not as loud as before, although it still can be heard. What a waste, since the bov sounds were what made me love the update before this oct.

Man that sucks. I've still yet to find much time to play the game since the update, so I'm definitely going to check it out. I think the actual car sounds have improved in replays, but I don't understand why they would tone down the BOV sounds?!?!

Even the english version says that the Update has "begun" , I believe that we will be seeing more updates this month or atleast one more update .
I hope to hell that this is true! Personally I'd rather have another track or two than more cars.
hi everybody :)

I respect the opinions of everybody, each has his perceptions and preferences, nevertheless...
I ask now only a thing to the PD: please the private rooms now..... the community' of GT asks this

👍

Echo.

Man that sucks. I've still yet to find much time to play the game since the update, so I'm definitely going to check it out. I think the actual car sounds have improved in replays, but I don't understand why they would tone down the BOV sounds?!?!

Yeah, sad. Isn't the actual gameplay where the sound really matters, and not the replays? Now I'm straining my ears each time I change gears just to hear the bov to feel happy haha. Last time, it was, gear1 ==> 2, PPSSTTT! Nice. Now its gear 1 ==> 2 ppssttt , man where's the sound??lolz

i have a problem too. i'm using a wired connection.i live in turkey.i have an account for this country and we don't have a psn network.and i am using 1mbps connection max is 4 mbps :S

when i try to play the game it reminds me the update.so i accept. but it fails at about %3-4. this is encoured everytime.i can't update the game.this was with my normal account.

i've signed up an uk account.with that account i can enter ps store and download demos,themes,applications etc.it's cool.but the same problem.i can't update the game.everytime it fails at the same point.this is making me crazy,so annoyed.

so guys.what should i do ? i bought the ps3 yesterday only for this game.but minute by minute i'm getting bored with this problem.if i can't find a solution to this problem i will probably sell my console :S

please help me guys :S

Hi.

Lots of people have this problem - it seems that if you download the update without failing, it's luck! Anyway, even though the download fails, it saves the progress. Just keep restarting the download. The progress bar doesn't show that the download of the update has resumed so don't give up - just keep retrying and I promise you'll get there!

Back