Update is available!

• Thread starter HaylRayzor
  • 239 comments
I'm happy we got 3 cars, I was only expecting the Citreon. But I'm disappointed that private rooms are still not up.
Is there a way to download this onto a USB drive or anything, because it might be a week or two, or more before I can sign into the PSN, and I really really want a go in that Citreon, well in truth I just want to see it in the garage, all sparkily!

Man what a bummer I was trying to download update since 9 am today and now it's about 7pm no luck. What gives? I have Japanese version BD. The most I got to download was half way and then it brings a exclamation mark in triangle and a bunch of Japanese letters . BTW It downloaded something else in an 1 1/2 hour( I suppose the earlier update that I haven't updated before) and now it struggles downloading something else(Spec III I suppose). Is there a save game file with spec 3 in this forum? Can someone please help me out? :(

Man what a bummer I was trying to download update since 9 am today and now it's about 7pm no luck. What gives? I have Japanese version BD. The most I got to download was half way and then it brings a exclamation mark in triangle and a bunch of Japanese letters . BTW It downloaded something else in an 1 1/2 hour( I suppose the earlier update that I haven't updated before) and now it struggles downloading something else(Spec III I suppose). Is there a save game file with spec 3 in this forum? Can someone please help me out? :(

Yeah, buy the US version.

I don't mean to be a dick, but I had the JP version too, and getting the US version was definately worth it.

the handling is like its on rails, impossible to spin.

Sure you are not talking about the Citroen, I have taken the Evora on Eiger and it would spin, especially on mid corner lift off.

Then I realise I cannot get the clutch to work on the G25, no matter what button I press.

Don't know whats going on there, works fine for me. Unless you are trying it in the Ferrari California or gt by Citroen as it works in the Evora.

And whats with the gearboxes? The new Lotus is geared for 270mhp in top? I don't think so. The F40 still has the stupid ratios where you can do 160mph in 3rd. If they can't get this right what hope is there?

I can't find any official gear ratios for the Evora yet but the F40 gear ratios are true to life, not a PD mistake.

I've noticed new tire sounds. They're fantastic. (Is it bad that I'm really excited about tire sounds?) Not nearly as high pitched and actually give a sensation that the car is on pavement.

Yeah, buy the US version.

I don't mean to be a dick, but I had the JP version too, and getting the US version was definately worth it.

I know you don't mean to be a dick. At least I know I'm not the only one having this problem. That's what I thought of doing myself actually, because I think Japanese version is being downloaded from Japan server. OKkkkk Here goes another $40. This should be like that "Priceless" commercial for me, Big Screen tv $1,300, first 80 gb PS3 $700, Logitech Steering wheel $300, 2 versions of demo of the real game $90, many hours of trying to download update.... priceless :D

yea the old physics are back but it feels like i have to learn to play the game all over again! i think they should just decide on one and leave it that way. i think the change in physics again sucks....

Hopefully one of you guys can help me with this....

Since the last update Ive seen people talk about the new intros for prologue. Ive updated my copy and I still dont have any new intros or backgrounds..

Anyone else experiencing this??
I have the US downloadable version of the game.

Heres the vid I never got.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axUa_65ehe8

Hopefully one of you guys can help me with this....

Since the last update Ive seen people talk about the new intros for prologue. Ive updated my copy and I still dont have any new intros or backgrounds..

Anyone else experiencing this??
I have the US downloadable version of the game.

Heres the vid I never got.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axUa_65ehe8

Go into options and in network settings there is an option "Expansion data download", click on it and choose yes. It will download a very small amount of data, then reset GT5P and enjoy the intro :D

Oh and also select the option "Check for and download expansion data on startup" if it isnt already, this expansion data is independent to the main updates.

Even the english version says that the Update has "begun" , I believe that we will be seeing more updates this month or atleast one more update .

WILD THEORY TIME:

OK, maybe when they said the Fall update they really meant it. An update that would come in various stages throughout Fall. First stage new cars and physics. Second stage new tracks and maybe private rooms. They might have heard the compliants about long update times and decided to spilt the update up so each individual one wouldn't take so long.

WILD THEORY TIME:

OK, maybe when they said the Fall update they really meant it. An update that would come in various stages throughout Fall. First stage new cars and physics. Second stage new tracks and maybe private rooms. They might have heard the compliants about long update times and decided to spilt the update up so each individual one wouldn't take so long.

Thats what I think there already planning to do/already doing.

Race against time

You play for time

PD, it's high time you changed

PD, you stall, it look longer than expected

Time requirement?

PD, you move with the time (Race Pro: do you means?)

Those were the days

Spare time :indiff:

forgot ....... hello to all

Last edited:
Very happy with the update... Its not the big fall update yet but its a start.

Other dev's take note, PD charges you like half the cost of a full title and give starting content which even surpasses full titles. They then go and give you updates (one a massive one) all for free with loads of additional content. Now they give you 3 extra cars, all very unique and interesting all for free... some devs would charge you like 5 quid for three cars!

Plus all the stuff thats yet to come, damage in some form or another officially confirmed by KY by the end of this year aswell as other cars and tracks most likely included in the next update.

Robin

To me it seems that especially the sound of the front tyres slipping when turning the wheel has changed. It strikes me as much more informative then before. Perhaps i was deaf to it before, but now i can really hear well when the front wheel are starting to slip under turning of the wheel, also on straights in 'tyre warming style'.

Ofcourse, the brain is a complicated organ, perhaps i'm merely imagining it has changed :cheers:

Last edited:
mindwise
To me it seems that especially the sound of the front tyres slipping when turning the wheel has changed. It strikes me as much more informative then before. Perhaps i was deaf to it before, but now i can really hear well when the front wheel are starting to slip under turning of the wheel, also on straights in 'tyre warming style'.

I instantly noticed the new tyre sounds, they really are a major improvement... when I started from the pits in the SRT I heard the wheels slip searching for grip and the front ones making this scrubbing sound! Rumble strip sounds have also been improved, they now have more tone depth and well.. rumble! :sly:

Now if only PD sorted the tyre screeching sounds because it still sounds like someone flogging a horse! :lol:

Help the download resume doesent work for me!
it keeps downloading from the beginning.

Have you checked if the size in MB's of GT5P's game data has increased everytime the update has failed? Because it only appears to be starting from scratch again when in the download screen.

Mine downloaded in one go, quite quickly, very impressed because this is the first time its done it without an error.

Robin

Help the download resume doesent work for me!
it keeps downloading from the beginning.

dont panic.. it took me an age to get it all yesterday.. but it is saving from the last point each time.Even though it looks like it keeps starting from the begining:tup:

after not playing gt5 for over 2 weeks i decided to put it in to see if there have been any new updates for it, without even knowing there is one to found out there is! lol

so i'm curious to see what this update will carry over.

as its downloading right now, im curious to know if they have actually bothered to FIX that crap AA problem with the crap jagged shadows on cars and in cockpit. can someone please be kind enough to confirm? thank u.

Is it just me or have the force feedback improved alot? Im racing at strength 8 in my Amuse at Fuji with my G25 and the force feedback seems way stronger than before.

2 minutes to download, successful first time here in Japan. Looks like the difficulty level for S7 and S10 has been made more realistic. Battled for weeks (unsuccessfully) with Spec II and after updating came 1st in S7 on my first try today.

hi everybody :)

I respect the opinions of everybody, each has his perceptions and preferences, nevertheless...
I ask now only a thing to the PD: please the private rooms now..... the community' of GT asks this

👍

Did the update improved the crash physics and sounds? I've got the feeling that the sounds of collisions have become better and the cars aren't bouncing off each other and walls like rubber balls anymore. Am I right or is this just my imagination? Maybe it is preparation for damage modelling in the nearer future?

Great timing. The day the update comes out, I discover that all my saved data is corrupted. And then my internet goes out for the night. >_<

Oh well, I'll be downloading this later today. :)

Looks like the difficulty level for S7 and S10 has been made more realistic. Battled for weeks (unsuccessfully) with Spec II and after updating came 1st in S7 on my first try today.

I don't think "more realistic" is the case. Definately easier. But who can say what realistic is when the other 15 cars are controlled by a computer.

Back