Update is available!

• Thread starter HaylRayzor
  • 239 comments
Well the GT by Citroen and California are crap IMO. The Evora handles like a dream, sounds good, but is ultimately let down by a wide gearbox. Even fully modified with gears short as possible the Evora stuggles at 230km/hr in 5th gear.

so i got to play it a little...

- the california is fun to drive
- the sound i actually dont like. is it me or now you CAN BARELY hear the other cars drive by?
- physics... not sure. maybe im just not used to it but i tried drifting in a z06 as usual around suzuka and the front end felt real unresponsive, especially when making transitions.

I've always HATED the way you can't hear your own car when another car is beside you. Now I think it's more real. You can hear both cars.

I found I had to soften up the front springs one notch to get the balance back on my tunes.

Well the GT by Citroen and California are crap IMO. The Evora handles like a dream, sounds good, but is ultimately let down by a wide gearbox. Even fully modified with gears short as possible the Evora stuggles at 230km/hr in 5th gear.

I agree about the Citroen. Useless sci-fi crap.

I find the Evora disappointing due to the fixed final gear. The car could be great fun if only...

But I really like the California. I wish it was available in more colors...

Last edited:
So this is Spec III...

First off I dont like the fact that It resets the PP...

The physics seem worse in my opinion but probably will get used to it.

Wel I just took a Mines to Fuji that only does a 1'37 (firsts only completed lap) I came first by 10 secs starting from 10th...
People are taking short cuts but still fail :lol:

I am dissapointed with this Spec III. I was hoping for something big... but well ya'know

Nice update.
Not wow, but not a letdown either.

I love the look of the new cars and maybe the handling does feel a bit different, I don't know.

To bad you can't have a testdrive with the new cars, since I don't have enough time to play the game (especially online) and get enough money to buy the cars. Guess i'll have to wait for some savegames.

Love the new intro.

Just downloaded the update and had a few laps of Suzuka in each of the cars.

Lotus - Handles well but it's a pain to drive because of the gear ratios. I think PD must have made a mistake. If I bought a brand new Lotus and the gearbox was like that it would be straight back to the showroom. 120mph in 3rd gear?

Ferrari - very similar to the F430, maybe even handles a bit better but this might be due to the updated physics (haven't tried any of the old cars with the updated physics yet)

Citroen - Oh dear. Kitchen appliance on steroids. That will be my first and last outing.

PD - can we have a new track now please?

They could have at least given us a citroen only fuji race or something, that would have been awesome. Or at least let the car be able to run in 800 races with s1 or s2 tires both front and rear.

This was fixed?!
Good news if so. It was annoying.

When Driving on normal circuits. I can still go fast and hear wind and ENGINE! WOOT.. but at Daytona, well its 200mph so Wind is more noticeable there..
So far sound 👍 is in the right direction

what a rubbish update.

for starters it took around 20mins to download the update, even though it kept estimating 75 seconds remaining. whats the point in putting a timer on if its not going to be accurate.

As usual with these silly updates, all my settings had been wiped so had to spent 30 mins going through and setting them all. Finally get into the game and buy the new Lotus for a drive. Engine sounds seem distant and not realistic, the handling is like its on rails, impossible to spin. Then I realise I cannot get the clutch to work on the G25, no matter what button I press.

And whats with the gearboxes? The new Lotus is geared for 270mhp in top? I don't think so. The F40 still has the stupid ratios where you can do 160mph in 3rd. If they can't get this right what hope is there?

Turned it off and won't be returning to it for a long time.

Last edited:
is it just me that interprets this quote from the news in gt5 or anybody think of the same way:

*quote* The free online update of Gran Turismo 5 Prologue to Gran Turismo 5 Prologue Spec III has begun. *quote*

I interpret this thinking that there's more content coming and soon. My opinion though.

I have to say here that The Evora is quite a car.. despite of the gearbox and being low on the power and lack of downforce, with 670+PP it keeps up and even competes with the 800PP cars on Fuji.. it's just so damn impressive in the corners.

is it just me that interprets this quote from the news in gt5 or anybody think of the same way:

*quote* The free online update of Gran Turismo 5 Prologue to Gran Turismo 5 Prologue Spec III has begun. *quote*

I interpret this thinking that there's more content coming and soon. My opinion though.

I agree entirely, I mentioned it in the 'Here comes an update' thread yesterday, I think there's definitely more to come.

They also said in the news before the update that there'll be the fall update, beginning at the start of October, so yes, I'm pretty confident there's more to come. 👍

Seems someone is not a fan of simulation games. :sly:

Actually I have been using Microsoft flight simulator for 15 years so my love of simulations is hardly in question here. Not to mention I have been with GT since it was first placed on store shelves. Simulations are great when everyone treats them like they were meant to be, not the mess that GT5Ps online is. I applaud Kaz for being such a perfectionist and holding off on significant improvements. But its reached Howard Hughes levels, prologue has been out since april and has had a few updates and yet a $20 racing game that came out a shade over a week ago has an online that exceeds prologue by leaps and bounds. Not once in my week of playing have i had a single out of line opponent nor have i had any connection issues, and also you get to broaden your horizons by playing across the pond in EU rooms. All I have seen with this iteration of GT is decent visuals and a lot of hype, so as i stated above im leaving it alone until something significant happens or GT5 is actually released.

Just experiencing a strange bug:

Ferrari Online Host, i'm 2nd on the grid. Countdown starts and...

i can't move anywhere. I can't clutch, no S*hifting...nothing....i just can use my gas pedal.

Is it a known bug ?

Sil

Last edited:
Very happy with the update, I first looked in the Citroen dealership, saw the Concept GT and thought 'That looks better than I expected'.

I then looked in the Ferrari dealership, just on a whim, and to my suprise the Cali was there! Then I did the same with the Lotus dealership, equally impressed with the Evora.

Looks like PD mean business, and producing updates like this will definately keep me interested and ensure I purchase GT5 when it arrives in stores.

I'm still at odds with all this Spec III stuff. If in fact there is more to this update why not release it all together like they did with Spec 2? Now that we have this update then all of our settings and replays will again be erased when the next iteration of Spec 3 comes out. I don't get it.

I'm still at odds with all this Spec III stuff. If in fact there is more to this update why not release it all together like they did with Spec 2? Now that we have this update then all of our settings and replays will again be erased when the next iteration of Spec 3 comes out. I don't get it.

PD had to release the Citroen GT. They had a contract. If some of the update wasn't ready, then they had to split it.

you dont know if they are going to erase settings when the next update(specIII-part2??)comes out now do you...
i am sure they had their resones dude,my guess is we will get little by little,but no more erasing because this only happends when they go from spec to spec....

spyrrari.

you dont know if they are going to erase settings when the next update(specIII-part2??)comes out now do you...
i am sure they had their resones dude,my guess is we will get little by little,but no more erasing because this only happends when they go from spec to spec....

spyrrari.
Well, erasing happened in specII, when they changed the PP calculation and tire grip levels. I think they'll only reset the records again if they tweak the physics and/or change PP calculation.

Well, erasing happened in specII, when they changed the PP calculation and tire grip levels. I think they'll only reset the records again if they tweak the physics and/or change PP calculation.

yeah you're right mate,forgot about that...:dopey:
but i just dont think they will erase it during the soon comming updates...or maybe i should say i asume they wont..:)

spyrrari.

Yeah im sure we get another part of the specIII update soon... its not a translation failure,in german its translated the same way that the specIII Update has begun...

I'm glad for any update, but with no new tracks I'm pretty disappointed.

I hope many of you are right, that more updates are on the way.

Back