VW GOLF Vision GT

• Thread starter monildan
  • 789 comments
As was pointed out earlier in the thread, the Merc VGT "actually" being built appears to be an unfulfilled pipedream, and not something that Mercedes were ever actually going to do, but a coach builder (who may well have been staring at legal issues for ripping off someone elses design) that wanted to charge nearly $2,000,000 for a re-bodied SLS GT. Pesonally I think it's about as likely as a Devel Sixteen :D

Because the basic shape of the BMW VGT is pure 2 series, all it really needs is a body kit, and to be honest I'd be surprised if people aren't already working on one that mimics the VGT already - infact the BMW M2 seen testing appears to already add some of the elements (wider fenders).
Right, I didnt say Mercedes would make the cars, just that a few examples would be made. Im up to date on the 'progress' of that project. The point is these are called vision for a reason. Its gives you a glimpse of the vision these manufacturers have. Thats also why I pointed out itll be interesting to see if or what comes from this.

This VGT looks good. I hope that one handle like a champ instead of understeer like the scirroco(90% sure i spelt that wrong).

This VGT looks good. I hope that one handle like a champ instead of understeer like the scirroco(90% sure i spelt that wrong).

And if otherwise, hopefully it has modifiable suspension. Do you remember that grueling of a Seasonal Event with the Scirocco at Deep Forest? After making suspension settings to conquer it within the PP range, I went ahead installing engine mods and RS tires, and now it's the best tune I've ever made.

Back on topic, since this will be a GTI, will it have an FF drivetrain?

Last edited:
Where's the confirmation that this is going to be some kind of Golf/GTI? All we've seen is a bonnet, rim, and steering wheel. For all we know it could be based on a Jetta or Kubelwagen.

just the shape of it, and them having the Golfs in the trailer.

just the shape of it, and them having the Golfs in the trailer.

Well, it's fine to make assumptions but I don't think those should be presented as facts. Most people around here are going to be disappointed in the car no matter what it is, these presumptions are only going to further that disappointment. Just look at the BMW VGT, they presented an early model and when the actually car didn't look the same the Internetz exploded with butthurt. Had they never shown that early model the butthurt would have been a bit less.

They showed just about every Golf model that's in GT6 in the trailer, and the fact that the site is Vision GTI...

Pretty safe to say it's not gonna be a Tiguan.

You could well be correct, but it's still an assumption and assumptions lead to butthurt. The Merc VGT clearly shows a rendered interior on one of the info screens, yet it has no interior when driving. So I would not make any assumptions based on promo info.

One would see this and presume the in-game car's cockpit view would be similar, and one would be sadly disappointed.

Screen Shot 2014-05-22 at 9.48.30 AM.png

Considering all that we've seen so far I'm betting it's a hyper high performance GTI roadster concept car. Because of that, I think it will have an interior. Assuming it actually doesn't have a roof of course.

Considering all that we've seen so far I'm betting it's a hyper high performance GTI roadster concept car. Because of that, I think it will have an interior. Assuming it actually doesn't have a roof of course.
About it, I bet the car will have a roof on.

Nowhere is it confirmed that the release will be tomorrow. I think it will just be a complete reveal, combined with a release date (probably Tuesday, together with the Senna content).

I believe in that too, if we were going to receive it tomorrow, an update should've been already anounced. :)

That video just gave the date, it didn't say it was the release date. To me it looked more like the date for the reveal.

It could be, and it's really weird to have an update on a friday. It will probably be released with the Senna content on the 27th.

Well, it's fine to make assumptions but I don't think those should be presented as facts. Most people around here are going to be disappointed in the car no matter what it is, these presumptions are only going to further that disappointment. Just look at the BMW VGT, they presented an early model and when the actually car didn't look the same the Internetz exploded with butthurt. Had they never shown that early model the butthurt would have been a bit less.

tumblr_n5zgoz6sDP1tbcq6mo1_1280.jpg

"Unveiling the tailpipe."

Well Brandon I guess was right after all.

By come before, you mean the Mercedes V-GT I assume. Funny thing, the former is actually going to be built, albeit off the SLS chassis in VERY limited numbers. So how (un)realistic are any of these Vision cars, so far? It will be interesting to see what or if comes from these.

Also you seem to forget about the Citroen by GT that he is probably also talking about since his GT knowledge in conversations go further than just the current iteration of GT. It could also stretch back to the concept cars of earlier games that were also never built like the one by Nike. Either way let's go with the Citroen for example, it too was never build and even if it was it wouldn't have been close to it's GT counterpart, unless they developed Hydrogen combustion in secret...:eek:

Why would we get an interior exactly?

Nothing personal Friend, it's just that the negativity and hatred around here have gotten a bit too much to bear. It's becoming quite unpleasant to even visit these forums anymore, which is a shame. Obviously, you weren't being negative or hateful, but I'm sure there was a pitchfork wielding mob forming and ready to crucify someone if this new car wasn't a GTI as speculated.

Nothing personal Friend, it's just that the negativity and hatred around here have gotten a bit too much to bear. It's becoming quite unpleasant to even visit these forums anymore, which is a shame. Obviously, you weren't being negative or hateful, but I'm sure there was a pitchfork wielding mob forming and ready to crucify someone if this new car wasn't a GTI as speculated.

You know there is a wealth of other sub forums to visit right? That are devoid of what you seem to dislike which is negative or critical comments about PD/GT. Which I'd remind you are quite warranted by fault of Sony and PD in the first place.

You know there is a wealth of other sub forums to visit right? That are devoid of what you seem to dislike which is negative or critical comments about PD/GT. Which I'd remind you are quite warranted by fault of Sony and PD in the first place.

Right, and all I was trying to do was prevent this from becoming another whinging/complaining thread. The negative comments are warranted, sure, and I'm as frustrated with the current state of the game as anybody. But in my experience, complaining/arguing about it with strangers on the internet has never solved any of the problems. I'll take whatever car VW gives us, drive it in the time trial seasonal that we'll get with it, and then likely park it in the garage next to the other VGT's. I won't, however, come to the internet to complain that it isn't the car I wanted/expected. 👍

Right, and all I was trying to do was prevent this from becoming another whinging/complaining thread. The negative comments are warranted, sure, and I'm as frustrated with the current state of the game as anybody. But in my experience, complaining/arguing about it with strangers on the internet has never solved any of the problems. I'll take whatever car VW gives us, drive it in the time trial seasonal that we'll get with it, and then likely park it in the garage next to the other VGT's. I won't, however, come to the internet to complain that it isn't the car I wanted/expected. 👍

I understand what you're doing, but you doing that isn't going to stop it from happening which is ironic given what you just said about how complaining in the first place doesn't help things in general. Nor is your single comment in the grand scheme of things going to lessen the complaints. People are set in their minds, that's just the reality is all.

Back