Wed 20:30-21:30 UK Time - CLOSED - Suspended until further noticePS4 

Doodle Classic Le Mans track, race starts in the dark, then the sun will come up. Car will be Por 917LH No 17.

Sick will let you know if there's room.:)

I can't remember which packs you'd said you have, but have you got the Le Mans Classic one @IAMDOODLEBUG?
We've found that, unlike PC1, you can't race on the historic layout online if you haven't purchased it. Harsk has had to miss a couple of weeks because of that.

I do indeed have the pack! Hopefully there is room :-)
Splendid. I'm pretty sure there'll be a space or two. Tav is still away, Don is off in his camper somewhere and Harsk unfortunately can't join. So there's 3 spots to start with.

-------------

I'm quite enjoying the 911, it's fun to throw around. If I could arrange for some roadworks along the Mulsanne straight I'd be in with a chance.

If there is space, what track is it and what am I driving tomorrow? Cheers!

Hi Doodle -welcome back!

Yes - there will be space because as others have said there are a few people on holiday. Your car is the Porsche 917 LH race number 17. The car list is in post one on page one.

The thread title is updated weekly and the next track is listed in the thread title - this round is at Historic Le Mans.

Hello guys!! I might be able to race tonight ;) If so, my car is the Porsche 917LH #17, right?

Great news - will you be able to race next week as well?

Yes - use the 917LH number 17 - because I thought you were off, Iamdoodlebug may also be driving that car, but it is not a problem for tonight to have 2 cars the same!

I will go and setup now - good luck everyone!

Results from Le Mans (Part 2)

LeMans Vintage 1970.jpg

Great news - will you be able to race next week as well?

Yes - use the 917LH number 17 - because I thought you were off, Iamdoodlebug may also be driving that car, but it is not a problem for tonight to have 2 cars the same!

I will go and setup now - good luck everyone!

I'm not sure yet, and I might only give you an answer on the day of the event. So, if there's someone else that is sure to race, you can give him my grid spot, and I'll race only if there's another space

I was either extremely lucky not to take any damage when I crashed
Must have been your new seat that absorbed the impact. :)

Very enjoyable track with these monster cars.
Not so much in the 911. With everything rushing by me at times I felt like I was just popping down to the shops during the commuter rush hour. :P

I tried to get a pull from Sick's slipstream to no avail, he left me standing. So I eventually I gave in and drove around fairly slowly watching the nice sunrise. The 911 might be better next week around Watkins Glen, there's more corners!

The 911 would be ideal for a great one make series though. Hint hint.

@Sick Cylinder it does still mention pit stops on the "front pages", it caught @andrew1990 out. It could do with amending. We have had them on some series.

Our modified standing start procedure might need explaining further too. Andrew it's this... The pole sitter goes on green while the rest of the field pull away one by one after him. So basically it's don't go on green but as soon as you see the guy in front go, you go to. Now we've got to grips with it we find it reduces first corner multi car crashes a lot. There's 30 minutes left to race. ;)

The 911 would be ideal for a great one make series though. Hint hint.

I have thought of using it in a one make series - it was used in the first IROC (International Race of Champions Series) which was won by Mark Donoghue - that might be fun to replicate. We have a series coming up where the Pro drivers will use it and the Am's will have a faster car.

@Sick Cylinder it does still mention pit stops on the "front pages", it caught @andrew1990 out. It could do with amending. We have had them on some series.

Our modified standing start procedure might need explaining further too.

Thanks - I have updated page 1 now, but will go through it more thoroughly later for the Wednesday and Monday threads.

I wish I had remembered to delete some races so I could save the replay of Wednesday's race - something very unnerving happened - just round the corner from the end of the Mulsanne straight there was a Sunoco blue Penske Ferrari 512 on the grass at the left and I swear there was a driver in blue lying in the road (also wearing blue) - my heart skipped a beat and I just managed to avoid him! Maybe it was debris, but it definitely looked like a driver! Did Andrew 1990 crash their? @Andrew

Maybe it was debris, but it definitely looked like a driver!
I saw that as well. It was Andrew's front or rear spoiler after a bit of an incident at the corner! It made it's way onto the right hand verge where I think the stewards must have removed it.
I had more time to look at it because I was going slower than you. :)

We have a series coming up where the Pro drivers will use it and the Am's will have a faster car.
Should be interesting and fun.

Andrew had quite bad crash, was really struggling too get back too the pits. Their was an accident at Indianapolis, with Tav and Friday. Why do the prototypes, fly through the air so much?

I understeered off at Mulsanne and damaged the car a bit. Then got even more damage on the way back and effectively broke the steering. Was then down a lap by the time the damage had been repaired in the pits.

As established, I thought there was a mandatory stop between 10 and 20 minutes. I still would have finished 2 laps down, but maybe not only 2 seconds ahead of the leading GT car.

Thanks for having me along to race. Enjoyed it apart from the crashes! Let me know if I'm needed as a reserve for any other races and I'll see if I'm free.

Hi @hasslemoff if there's space it'll be good to see you.

To save confusion at the start I'll repeat what I told Andrew earlier.

"Our modified standing start procedure might need explaining further too. The pole sitter goes on green while the rest of the field pull away one by one after him. So basically it's don't go on green but as soon as you see the guy in front go, you go to. Now we've got to grips with it we find it reduces first corner multi car crashes a lot. There's 30 minutes left to race. ;)"

I think everything else is fairly standard. No pitstops req. No tyre wear etcetera...

I blame the kids for distracting me
To slow you down they need to distract you more often. ;) Great lap times. 👍

Congratulations to @Napalm_LT for keeping it together and getting his well deserved win.

MY race. Voom, voom, voom - the sound of prototypes rushing past me. :boggled: :)
I tried to keep out of their way. I think I succeeded.

I'm supposed to be in the 917 for the next 2 weeks @Sick Cylinder but there seems to be an excess of prototypes. I really don't mind staying in the 911, just to even the field up a little and give @beachboy6658 and @joedakiss (and Harsk, Doodle?) a bit of a race in their 365s. Although it's probably going to lag behind at Hockenheim I expect. What's that 240Z go like, any more competitive? I've always fancied one of those, or the 260Z

Back