What do you think PD will show at TGS?

• Thread starter sk8er913
  • 579 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe PD feels they are not so much associated with the gaming world at this point, but are more closely associated with the real car world. Big reveal at Silverstone, Big push at Goodwood, potential big push at Bathurst and now Jordan is hinting that something might drop at SEMA. What do all these things have in common? All real world car events and not gaming events.💡:cheers:

So why reveal new information/details at E3 and Gamescom (both definitely gaming events), but not your "home" conference (TGS)?

Pre-orders happen on black friday bud. Its the largest shopping day in the North America, which is the biggest market for the PS3.

GT6 is not PS3 my friend, and N. America is not even close to the biggest market for GT6.

You even read what I said? I quoted it for you again. Black Friday is the biggest shopping day in NA. Its exactly one week before GT6 releases. PS3 is the system GT6 is on. PS3's biggest market is NA. :dopey: As for the rest of the world, thats not my point. Im speaking of Playstation's biggest market in relation. If you look at the data, up until GT4, NA outsold Europe in the GT series.

Last edited:
You never know guys, maybe they are being secretive for 2 reasons.
1) The werent secretive with gt5, telling us tonnes of different planed features. when it came out, basically none of them where in the game. maybe they are just trying not to break tonnes of promises by not giving any.

They've been working on GT6 for over 2.5 years, if there aren't any features totally finished that they know will certainly make the game by now they really are in trouble.

If you look at the data, up until GT4, NA outsold Europe in the GT series.

Do you not think that using data from games made 13 or more years ago and ignoring the data from games since then undermines your point a bit?

NA was the biggest market for GT up to and including GT3. It is not now.

You even read what I said? I quoted it for you again. Black Friday is the biggest shopping day in NA. Its exactly one week before GT6 releases. PS3 is the system GT6 is on. PS3's biggest market is NA. :dopey: As for the rest of the world, thats not my point. Im speaking of Playstation's biggest market in relation. If you look at the data, up until GT4, NA outsold Europe in the GT series.

Do you not think that using data from games made 13 or more years ago and ignoring the data from games since then undermines your point a bit?

I can see where the Black Friday thing would mean something to you, an American. I doubt if Kaz even knows what it is, and not likely does it figure into GT6 planning.

They've been working on GT6 for over 2.5 years, if there aren't any features totally finished that they know will certainly make the game by now they really are in trouble.

Personally I don't think 3 years is the number to be worried about. I think the one is it has been 10 years since GT4 and PD still cannot finish their PS3 game, which is a very bad precedent for the next gen.

Talking about specific features we don't have info about and that we should at this point of development, I want to know about AI. Is that going to be a substantial improvement over GT5's? Any improvement at all? Worse?

Johnnypenso
I can see where the Black Friday thing would mean something to you, an American. I doubt if Kaz even knows what it is, and not likely does it figure into GT6 planning.

SONY definitely knows exactly what black Friday is, and I'm sure it factored into the release date in some fashion.

I can see where the Black Friday thing would mean something to you, an American.

All black Friday means is watching people completely turn into animals as they trample each other just to buy stuff for a reduced price. Quite frankly, they should get rid of it.

Oh and as American, I highly doubt North America is PS3's biggest market (nor GT's) so the guy thinking this appears highly optimistic.

All black Friday means is watching people completely turn into animals as they trample each other just to buy stuff for a reduced price. Quite frankly, they should get rid of it.
:lol:

When did the U.S. adopt this habit?? I don't live there since 2007. Also humanity will compete for anything, including pieces of plastic at a reduced price.

I think Jordan said he will post his interview he had with Kaz at Jalopnik today.

As I couldn't get Photobucket to work last sunday, this is my delayed reaction to the absence of news on GT6 at TGS.

Sorry, I just find it funny :)

Last edited:

No. The past is meaningful for trends. If previous GT games were best sold in the U.S. theres chance GT6 can be the same. Of the 5 titles, 3 sold more in the U.S.
Kaz and PD know what black friday is. They're a part of Sony who is surely aware. Thats bad business if you don't know the biggest selling day in the U.S.

Oh and as American, I highly doubt North America is PS3's biggest market (nor GT's) so the guy thinking this appears highly optimistic.
Take a look at the data by country. The U.S. is the biggest single market for both Sony and Playstation. Not the region as a whole (Canada and Mexico) compared to Europe, but by country- most definitely.

No. The past is meaningful for trends. If previous GT games were best sold in the U.S. theres chance GT6 can be the same. Of the 5 titles, 3 sold more in the U.S.

Kaz and PD know what black friday is. They're a part of Sony who is surely aware. Thats bad business if you don't know the biggest selling day in the U.S.

Take a look at the data by country. The U.S. is the biggest single market for both Sony and Playstation. Not the region as a whole (Canada and Mexico) compared to Europe, but by country- most definitely.

GT6 won't be in stores by Black Friday, what possible relevance could it have?

Im gonna lol if Jordan post it today, right in line with the 4 to 6pm local news in my state. :dopey:

Well, he posted it right before 5:00 EST, so it's right in the middle! :lol

And all three of them are over a decade old from a time when Sony had virtually no competition on the American market.

Already answered your question.
Preorders aren't the same thing as sales. Particularly not when the day in question when all these preorders would theoretically come is only a week before the game is scheduled to release and preorders may no longer be available as a result.

Last edited:
And all three of them are over a decade old from a time where Sony had virtually no competition on the American market.
Age is relative. The majority of GT titles have sold more in North America. The U.S. is still the largest single market.
Preorders aren't the same thing as sales.

So people preorder a game to not purchase it?

Age is relative. The majority of GT titles have sold more in North America. The U.S. is still the largest single market.
You know, I actually looked it up. Using only titles released internationally, of course, since doing otherwise would just make it unfair.

GT2 sold better in America.
GT3 sold better in America.

GT1 sold better in Europe.
GT4 sold better in Europe (by which I mean it outsold America 2:1).
GT5:Prologue sold better in Europe (by which I mean it outsold America nearly 3:1).
GTPSP sold better in Europe (by which I mean it outsold America nearly 3:1).
GT5 sold better in Europe (by which I mean it outsold America 2:1).

I don't see why it isn't fair to say that North America probably isn't GT's best market even if it could have been considered to be in the series' first three years (of 15).

People who preorder a game may not purchase it, no, as a preorder simply requires a deposit. People who are given a gift of a preorder of a game (as tends to be part of the reasoning for things bought on Black Friday) may in fact not want it at all, even assuming it was paid in full.

And that's still assuming that GT6 is still available in meaningful numbers for preorder a week from release.

Last edited:

Nope. The majority of the main, numbered, home console full-games have. Unless you want to tell me the Concept titles or GT4 Prologue sold in the US.

(NINJA) - Or, er, what Tornado said.

People forget. And as it's not paid-in-full, it's not a purchase, and definitely won't be counted as such.

Also, are you really making the argument that a lot of people are going to be rushing out on Black Friday to make a pre-order?

You know, I actually looked it up. Using only titles released internationally, of course, since doing otherwise would just make it unfair.

GT2 sold better in America.
GT3 sold better in America.

GT1 sold better in Europe.
GT4 sold better in Europe (by which I mean it outsold America 2:1).
GT5:Prologue sold better in Europe (by which I mean it outsold America nearly 3:1).
GTPSP sold better in Europe (by which I mean it outsold America nearly 3:1).
GT5 sold better in Europe (by which I mean it outsold America 2:1).

I don't see why it isn't fair to say that North America probably isn't GT's best market even if it could have been considered to be in the series' first three years (of 15).

People who preorder a game may not purchase it, no, as a preorder simply requires a deposit. People who are given a gift of a preorder of a game (as tends to be part of the reasoning for things bought on Black Friday) may in fact not want it at all, even assuming it was paid in full.

And that's still assuming that GT6 is still available in meaningful numbers for preorder a week from release.
I said the U.S. By region, Europe has the best, no one denies that. But no country compares to the U.S. as an individual.
Nope. The majority of the main, numbered, home console full-games have. Unless you want to tell me the Concept titles or GT4 Prologue sold in the US.

(NINJA) - Or, er, what Tornado said.

People forget. And as it's not paid-in-full, it's not a purchase, and definitely won't be counted as such.

Also, are you really making the argument that a lot of people are going to be rushing out on Black Friday to make a pre-order?

I didn't imply people rush out to pre order games on a specific day. But if you know what Black Friday is, you know it's christmas shopping. It's also time the majority of holiday shopping is done. Not only that, but a large part of purchases are done by parents on that day. If your kid wants GT6, you are likely to purchase it around that time of the year when all the other shopping is done. Not being available on that day just means pre orders will happen. Believe it or not, people wait until this day to do things like pre order a game and game systems. I think you know how black friday works as well with not getting everything you want and having to wait 'a week' from sold out merchandise!

I don't get why people think its unreasonable to say they have two months (61 days) to show more about the game before black friday. The game comes out a week after it. So by saying that I'm pointing out they would be well off having information out before the biggest shopping day in the U.S. for reasons I said, plus the game releasing a week after.

I said the U.S. By region, Europe has the best, no one denies that. But no country compares to the U.S. as an individual.
If only Sony sold and marketed games strictly to people living in the United States rather than "North America" in general. Alas, the only country that gets that sort of special dispensation is Japan in comparison to Asia.

Plus, you then clarified by saying:
Age is relative. The majority of GT titles have sold more in North America. The U.S. is still the largest single market

Which is what I was responding to with the sales breakdown, and which is not true. 2 out of the 7 internationally released titles in the series have sold better in North America, the most recent being released 12 years ago in a franchise that only totals 15 years old.

That's also not a "trend." A trend is that every game in the series (which makes up the past 8 years of the franchise) since GT3 has in Europe overwhelmingly outsold the North American releases and have been given special versions of the games as well as special community events likely as a result; and regardless of whether you consider the United States market to be more important than any specific European country (since it is the only one GT is sold in where Black Friday exists), it's pretty doubtful that the theoretical not-quite-a-sale that preorders represent of US copies of the game on a specific day of the year are higher on the totem pole than the overall sales the game will get on the actual launch day (or even the overall preorders, for that matter) in the market where it sells considerably better than that one country and as such that Sony will worry about releasing information in deference to it.

I didn't imply people rush out to pre order games on a specific day.
No. You merely stated that it wasn't so important that news be released now so long as it is released by Black Friday, even though the game won't actually be out at that point so people won't actually be able to buy it based on whatever news comes out between now and then; and that the people who live in every other country in the world who might want to preorder it receive no benefit from the news being kept hidden so long as it is revealed by the 29th of November.

And on top of the fact that a preorder still does not necessarily equal a sale, and that the capability to even get preorders that close to release is still not guaranteed; that's ignoring the major flaw in the original premise that the PS3's biggest market isn't North America anyway.

I don't get why people think its unreasonable to say they have two months (61 days) to show more about the game before black friday.
Because the entire concept behind the sentiment is completely irrelevant to everyone not living in the one country that by itself may sell better than any other one country but sells nowhere near as well as the much bigger market that doesn't have any relation to the idea of "Black Friday."

Last edited:
Why is this thread not closed, considering the topic And thread title?

Am I completely wrong?

EDIT! -

Never mind. I trust trustjab. :D

Last edited:
If only Sony sold and marketed games strictly to people living in the United States rather than "North America" in general. Alas, the only country that gets that sort of special dispensation is Japan in comparison to Asia.

Plus, you then clarified by saying:

Which is what I was responding to with the sales breakdown, and which is not true. 2 out of the 7 internationally released titles in the series have sold better in North America, the most recent being released 12 years ago in a franchise that only totals 15 years old.
I said the U.S. directly after NA. Thats what I meant. Not the region that PD lists.
That's also not a "trend." A trend is that every game in the series (which makes up the past 8 years of the franchise) since GT3 has in Europe overwhelmingly outsold the North American releases and have been given special versions of the games as well as special community events likely as a result; and regardless of whether you consider the United States market to be more important than any specific European country (since it is the only one GT is sold in where Black Friday exists), it's pretty doubtful that the theoretical not-quite-a-sale that preorders represent of US copies of the game on a specific day of the year are higher on the totem pole than the overall sales the game will get on the actual launch day (or even the overall preorders, for that matter) in the market where it sells considerably better than that one country and as such that Sony will worry about releasing information in deference to it.
YOU reached way too far into it. The U.S. has a day that sells more merchandise than any other day. That day happens to be one week before the release of GT6. My ORIGINAL comment was "there is two months before black friday. Whats the rush for information right now?" As long as they have information out before then (one week before release, the biggest shopping day in the U.S., the biggest single country for sales) they should be fine. All the extra things you bring up to try and contradict my point just came from rebutals to others questioning the same reasoning. So you're rehashing the same counter arguments I just answered.

No. You merely stated that it wasn't so important that news be released now so long as it is released by Black Friday, even though the game won't actually be out at that point so people won't actually be able to buy it based on whatever news comes out between now and then; and that the people who live in every other country in the world who might want to preorder it receive no benefit from the news being kept hidden so long as it is revealed by the 29th of November.
Irrelevant? Sorry. That makes no sense. You're looking for some reason to argue my statement. It's not irrelevant to have more detailed information on the game before the U.S. holiday shopping season comes out. The rest of the world BENEFITS from a key market's shopping season/day because the desire of the game needs to be increased by these key dates for certain markets. You even see on their website PRE ORDER BONUSES from U.S. originated stores and locations. So your notion the date of the biggest shopping day in the U.S. has no worldwide relevance is unfounded imo.

And on top of the fact that a preorder still does not necessarily equal a sale, and that the capability to even get preorders that close to release is still not guaranteed; that's ignoring the major flaw in the original premise that the PS3's biggest market isn't North America anyway.
You keep on with "north america isn't the biggest" argument. But why ignore the fact that I really meant the U.S. and not North America as a whole in terms of region? I clarified my statement a few times that the U.S. is bigger than any country interms of sales. Pre orders may not equal a sale but are telling for interest in the game. A look at the data from GT5 and you can see pre orders INCREASING per week the closer it got to release.
GT5-2.jpg

Because the entire concept behind the sentiment is completely irrelevant to everyone not living in the one country that by itself may sell better than any other one country but sells nowhere near as well as the much bigger market that doesn't have any relation to the idea of "Black Friday."

Says you. Not business or statistical facts. The pre orders usually indicate how well a game will sell. And as you can see with the chart and other charts, the final week usually has the highest pre orders. That final week starts right after black friday/cyber monday.

To be frank, trustjab, most of us think of "regions" as NA, EU, AS(IA), AU, and SA (Brazil).

It's reasonable to think that you have zippo (zero) idea of what you're talking about.

In all seriousness-ess, Great Post, trustjab.

:lol: suuuure. Facts are available on the internet, look for yourself. A selling date that game stores, toy stores, department stores etc. all offered deals for GT5 is irrelevant to GT6 in the most spendy country in the world ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back