What do you think PD will show at TGS?

• Thread starter sk8er913
  • 579 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe PD feels they are not so much associated with the gaming world at this point, but are more closely associated with the real car world. Big reveal at Silverstone, Big push at Goodwood, potential big push at Bathurst and now Jordan is hinting that something might drop at SEMA. What do all these things have in common? All real world car events and not gaming events.💡:cheers:

+1 That is rather true, and really cool too. :D

Maybe PD feels they are not so much associated with the gaming world at this point, but are more closely associated with the real car world. Big reveal at Silverstone, Big push at Goodwood, potential big push at Bathurst and now Jordan is hinting that something might drop at SEMA. What do all these things have in common? All real world car events and not gaming events.💡:cheers:

4f7265ce0fb70.png

Logic is accepted greatly into this community, my good sir.

Wow, so our general disappointments have been...confirmed.

What a strange "strategy" for PD or Sony to not use the Tokyo Game Show, the last major gaming convention of the year, to help convince its largely skeptical audience to purchase Gran Turismo 6 title, which is a following act to a very weak GT5 title.

Gran Turismo is truly the gaming world's most bizarre franchise. How it remains so popular/successful and how it's able to ignore and work around even the most basic features that other franchises have already implemented is simply unparalleled. It's just...too bizarre. :dunce::scared::yuck:

I can't help but to think this was copy and pasted from GT5. It's just so familiar lol.

The game is going to lack largely where GT5 lacked, and it's going to have a lot of impressive features. None of which of course tackled the issues that GT5 faced, but it's like they're adding more than they're fixing the foundation.

Well my assumptions were right then. :( Why they just discretely bailed out like that at the very last minute with no plans for a "follow-up" reveal will forever be a mystery. Still looking forward to the game and the drip-feeding of news, but this is just eerie. :odd:

Props to Polyphony though for being one of the most tight-lipped and isolated devs in the industry. Communication with the outside world aside from sparse interviews is almost nonexistent. Wow.

Wow, so our general disappointments have been...confirmed.

What a strange "strategy" for PD or Sony to not use the Tokyo Game Show, the last major gaming convention of the year, to help convince its largely skeptical audience to purchase Gran Turismo 6 title, which is a following act to a very weak GT5 title.

Gran Turismo is truly the gaming world's most bizarre franchise. How it remains so popular/successful and how it's able to ignore and work around even the most basic features that other franchises have already implemented is simply unparalleled. It's just...too bizarre. :dunce::scared::yuck:

For me this is incredible. One of the bests selling franchises and one of the games that sold more in this generation of consoles was GT5 even with its flaws (we all got it...Signature Edition here...) and all what it is happening now with this little bits of info that they are giving us.

GT6 is going to sell well again, but I don´t think it will sell like GT5, not even close to that.
A lot of people went to play other games or "had enough" with the series because of GT5... Now add that they showed some cool stuff (suspensions and tyre model, fixed shadows and AA with HDR...that´s fine) but they are not telling us the whole package..."human drama" means nothing to me.
I need to know at least if we are going to get what was missing or half made in GT5.

A Spec was not so good (also come on, time to change the names at least) but B Spec was worse (I loved B spec in GT4 but in GT5 the longest races were a pain, and the problems with saves and such in the first year...)

Licences which was something enjoyable at least, and it was like a mini-challenge/school so then you could unlock events and know "how to drive the cars properly"...at least it made sense in previous titles but in GT5 it was there just for you to do it IF you wanted do it.

Paint chips¿?¿?¿?¿?¿? (collected more than a thousand...may I ask, what for?)

Etc...

We are the biggest community for the game and we need to be more connected with them somehow. The "Feedback" thing was cool a while back and it works for sure...but we need something more "personal" or more close to us. Like them talking to us.

Great part of racing games/simulators on PC have their own forums in where you can talk with the creators of the game directly (I ask and they reply with a "YES" or "NO" and "WHY" explained in detail, or if you want something they take in to consideration to include it in the game or fix what was wrong...at least you feel that you are taking part of it and you are ensured that you will like the game...not because of its name alone).

Just imagine one day (take this as a vague example):

Kaz:"Hello, I´m Kaz and you can ask me questions and I´ll reply to you".

First question: "What is "Human drama"?" :dopey:

Kaz: "You are going to experience in the very first hand how does it feel to be a race driver because the game will implement norms, real flag regulations and a realistic damage system which will make you take care of what you are really doing lap after lap, it will make you think as a real pilot...etc"

(at least that has substance and not a vague reply)

Second question: Are we going to see in the near future realistic car engine sounds?

Kaz: "What is/means "realistic" to you?" (imagine him insisting, lol)

:"...the Car looks real, sound is not the same as the real one."

Kaz: "Oh I see, well we are working in it and we´ll have it in the game close to the release...maybe a couple of months later.

:"Thanks".

(A happy ending and not a confused costumer)

Is that hard to do this in a world where we are all connected to each other in less than a second? (well maybe 4 because we use satellites)

Hide info is not good for a game which is "way too basic" after all...you know it will have cars...you know you can drive them in tracks/roads...but what about the rest? Will it be better than GT5 just because of the physics? And the other time consuming features that will make it be fun are in it and well made?

That´s all I want to know.

(there you have pure human drama)

You're right on the money, Johnny.

GT6 is going to sell well again, but I don´t think it will sell like GT5, not even close to that.

I agree. I'll take a guess and say 6-8 million. A lot of casuals I come across say that they were disappointed in GT5. And considering it was their first leap into the series, they are not contemplating getting GT6. I cannot imagine GT6 being a worse title than GT5, but I cannot also imagine simply buying the game for the name "Gran Turismo".

Hide info is not good for a game which is "way too basic" after all...you know it will have cars...you know you can drive them in tracks/roads...but what about the rest? Will it be better than GT5 just because of the physics? And the other time consuming features that will make it be fun are in it and well made?

It's a shame to know that, because the PS3 has so few racing sim choices, that many gamers will buy GT6 just because it's GT6. There's just not much else on the PS3 console that can rival Gran Turismo 6, however good or bad it may be.

Is that hard to do this in a world where we are all connected to each other in less than a second? (well maybe 4 because we use satellites)

I would equate Kaz and PD to a masterful child prodigy musician who never leaves his room and cannot speak. They can produce moments of pure magic, but when it comes to basic communication, they fail. They just don't...do it. They speak through trailers every once in a while, but it seems their involvement in the automotive world is overtaking their presence in the gaming world. My fear is that they think they've already mastered the gaming aspect, and so they now spend time in the automotive community because of a name they created 15 years ago, when the name was arguably at its virtual peak. I bet spending more time in the auto community could assist in making better games, but PD's latest game proved otherwise.

Not even a trailer at TGS? How is that? I'm amazed.

Last edited:

But what is the point in ignoring the gamer?

Is it that difficult make a good presentation on gaming events and motorshows?

Why has to be one way or another? Why PD has to push people who love their games away?

It's bizarre.

No need to quote you...be both agree in all this.

I may add one thing...a real good game is that game that once you play it...you want to play it again and again...and maybe if you stopped playing it after 2 years of doing it constantly...then maybe 1, 2 or more years after, you find it again and want to play it once more.

IF GT5 were so good...(I´m talking for me here because I know a lot of people still play) I´ll probably be playing till today.

I play other racing games on PC (rFactor, NKPro, GTR2, Race07) and even having in mind that those games are from 2005 to 2008 adding that I also have rFactor 2, pCARS, Assetto Corsa TP (I´ll get AC) and more...I´ll still have them installed and once in a while I play them. Race07 or GTR2 because of the engine sounds of the cars and the AI/flag regulations and damage model is perfect.

That doesn´t happen with GT5...I tried it maybe a couple of weeks ago to check one thing...and it just puts me away...is not fun. It has its lovely graphics, great cars and the best version of Nürburgring hands down...but the sounds and all the flaws are still there for me...you can´t do more with it.

I don´t use to play online and is probably "my fault" because that will keep you playing of course...but I never liked the P2P system. (cars moving everywhere and no collisions)

So that...GT5 was not the worst game ever at all...I played for almost 2 years almost daily since release and played rFactor and others as well...but it got up to that point in where I "had to" made a full stop and move on.

Well my assumptions were right then. :( Why they just discretely bailed out like that at the very last minute with no plans for a "follow-up" reveal will forever be a mystery. Still looking forward to the game and the drip-feeding of news, but this is just eerie. :odd: Props to Polyphony though for being one of the most tight-lipped and isolated devs in the industry. Communication with the outside world aside from sparse interviews is almost nonexistent. Wow.

Add to that a language barrier where things can easily be mistranslated. You'd think SONY could get a grip on this!

I hate to sound like a cynic but it's not too hard to be tight lipped when there's nothing to talk about! :P

Seriously, I've been a GT Fanboy for years, literally ever since GT1 came out. Now I'm finally at the point where I wouldn't say I'm still a fanboy. At this point I feel like they've done great with some things and other parts of the game are totally lacking.

I'm sure GT is using the real world auto shows as a showcase for GT so they can become more strongly associated with a Simulator status instead of a racing game status. However, for gamers like me, it just comes across as a way to avoid the toughest critics while promoting a half finished product using bloated car counts.

PD really needs to deliver with GT6 or I'm skipping (for the first time in franchise history). Likewise, if they don't blow me away for GT7 and the PS4 I might not ever bother with the game again. :(

So PD has the (mostly) younger fans through gaming shows, and now its time to get a piece of the cake in the (mostly) oldies market at auto shows ? .. why not do both ,, they are different types of customers ,, I just can't imagine all the silver heads rushing stores for the game with a racing wheel (can't picture them with controllers).

I think it's more of a -prestige- thing. 'Look at me i'm not just a game', ok we get it. Howmany oldies from Pebble Beach are playing or even slightly interested in the game ? Are there any interviews with past winners from the Pebble Beach or SEMA ? Would love to see what they say after the 'thank you' and 'happy to recieve the award' .. Unless PD did a poll (:lol: PD doing polls) at those shows years back and said 'they are the future of gaming.'

Doing gaming & auto shows simultaneously woun't hurt anyone. Even the media are from two different genres.

Well that really sucks how Kaz said more info would be revealed at TGS then at the last moment bail out. Shouldn't have confirmed something that isn't final, which brings me to my next point.I don't understand why people are acting like PD are the only devs tight lipped about stuff as if developers in general are an open book.I barely know anything about any games I'm looking foward to later this year and on next gen, aside from some screenshots ...They can't tell you anything that isn't final. I thought this was obvious with the amount of "maybe" and "possibly" remarks we get from Kaz. Thats more than PR crap and nothing we get from other developers..

Well that really sucks how Kaz said more info would be revealed at TGS then at the last moment bail out. Shouldn't have confirmed something that isn't final, which brings me to my next point.I don't understand why people are acting like PD are the only devs tight lipped about stuff as if developers in general are an open book.I barely know anything about any games I'm looking foward to later this year and on next gen, aside from some screenshots ...They can't tell you anything that isn't final. I thought this was obvious with the amount of "maybe" and "possibly" remarks we get from Kaz. Thats more than PR crap and nothing we get from other developers..

Maybe he thought a feature would be finished that he wanted to show off and it just didn't come in time...

PD really needs to deliver with GT6 or I'm skipping (for the first time in franchise history). Likewise, if they don't blow me away for GT7 and the PS4 I might not ever bother with the game again. :(

I love the GT franchise, I really do. But GT5 was a mess (for me anyways) that I skipped it. It's either where putting GT on a godlike tier or Kaz's losing focus :P We'll I'm kinda exaggerating but you guys get the point. It's like it's left waaay behind. Can't blame Kaz though, he dedicated and sacrificed so many things for his vision.

80% of all statistics are made up, and I think I know which group that one falls into...:rolleyes:

So you made up your own statistic of made up statistics :lol:. Got it. I guess sarcasm isn't your forte?

I noticed PD is using the auto world more often as well. Tokyo Motor Show he'll probably have something special there. Gran Turismo branding featured on Super GT. A Super GT driver at TGS racing against commoners. I see a trend.

So you made up your own statistic of made up statistics :lol:. Got it. I guess sarcasm isn't your forte?

I noticed PD is using the auto world more often as well. Tokyo Motor Show he'll probably have something special there. Gran Turismo branding featured on Super GT. A Super GT driver at TGS racing against commoners. I see a trend.

Hmm... A Honda HSV-10 Super GT on Suzuka Circuit was from stream IIRC.

If you've never heard that old chestnut before, you need to try getting out more.

Type "80% of all statistics are made up" into Google. It's been around for decades at the very least.

80% of all statistics are made up, and I think I know which group that one falls into...:rolleyes:

2 out of 5% of all statistics are relatively confusing.

200.00 of all statistics are ruined by bad punctuation.

33.3333% of all statistics are less exact than what it appears to be.

84% of all statistics are made up to prove a point.

2 out of 5% of all statistics are relatively confusing.

200.00 of all statistics are ruined by bad punctuation.

33.3333% of all statistics are less exact than what it appears to be.

84% of all statistics are made up to prove a point.

I like you. You can come over to my house and play maths with my sister. :D

I know this is not a request thread. But remember when GT4 had the beginner, professional, extreme and endurance hall. Then when you thought you were done, nope, you had 34 missions, and on top of that you had national halls. And then came the manufacture races, those were fun.

What I'm implying is that GT used to supply plenty of content, imagine now if PD put the Ferrari FXX evo in GT 6, they could make a track day like event where there is only FXX's racing, there so many things PD is missing in GT.

There were over 200 races(excluding license races) in GT4, there should be no excuse for not having over 100 races in GT 5.

Aha!!! 1/6000 posts is not bad:sly:

I agree. I'll take a guess and say 6-8 million. A lot of casuals I come across say that they were disappointed in GT5. And considering it was their first leap into the series, they are not contemplating getting GT6. I cannot imagine GT6 being a worse title than GT5, but I cannot also imagine simply buying the game for the name "Gran Turismo".

It'll sell 10 million + without even breaking a sweat.

But what is the point in ignoring the gamer?
Is it that difficult make a good presentation on gaming events and motorshows?
Why has to be one way or another? Why PD has to push people who love their games away?
It's bizarre.

So PD has the (mostly) younger fans through gaming shows, and now its time to get a piece of the cake in the (mostly) oldies market at auto shows ? .. why not do both ,, they are different types of customers ,, I just can't imagine all the silver heads rushing stores for the game with a racing wheel (can't picture them with controllers).

I think it's more of a -prestige- thing. 'Look at me i'm not just a game', ok we get it. Howmany oldies from Pebble Beach are playing or even slightly interested in the game ? Are there any interviews with past winners from the Pebble Beach or SEMA ? Would love to see what they say after the 'thank you' and 'happy to recieve the award' .. Unless PD did a poll (:lol: PD doing polls) at those shows years back and said 'they are the future of gaming.'

Doing gaming & auto shows simultaneously woun't hurt anyone. Even the media are from two different genres.

It's not just the people who go to Pebble Beach or Goodwood or SEMA that PD would be concerned about, it's everyone watching on TV, reading blogs, reading web reviews, the buzz, the buzz, the buzz created by all the 20-40 year olds watching cars they wish they could have but never will, but might get a chance to drive them in a GT game. The vast, vast majority of buyers know nothing about physics, tire models, or even standards and premiums, but they know Goodwood, and they know SEMA and some of the cars and with GT they get to drive those very same cars at places they recongize from real life.

Lets face it the cars (premiums) look fantastic and given the right conditions they look almost real. And, you can play the game on a console 75 Million people already own. That's a fantastic combination for a lot of people.

Given that GT5 sold 10 million I really can't see GT6 reaching that same figure, not when the game to the casual fan isn't going to appear very different. Heck, it doesn't appear very different to the fans but that's another topic. I can see sales of GT5 continue on pretty well with the casuals considering the price point compared to the new GT6.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-09-20-inside-the-house-of-cars
"You can place a tire on a tire bench to measure its characteristics, and you get a variety of data from that test, but that tire's not exactly the same as a tire that's in an actual race and is heated under those stress conditions. On the other hand we drive the real cars, so we have this immense amount of logging data that came off the cars. We also have a simulator. And it's all about how we balance that triangle between the three. And what we do is exactly the same as what a company like Red Bull Racing does with their cars - they also try to balance that triangle between all three. All the top F1 teams try to do that, but it still results in a huge difference between the teams. There are so many factors, and there are unknowns that aren't really clear."

Yamauchi likes to make comparisons between Polyphony and other motor racing outfits - you sense he has more affinity with them than he does other video game developers.

Interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back