Who else has all gold licence tests?

I just started playing, I passed all the tests before the purple races. I am going to try to get all Golds after I pass the rest of purple. It'd be easier with the DS2, but I am training with the DFP2 I just got... practice practice practice.

Anyone else find it difficult to recover from a spin with 900° mode?

~CYD

I've got all Gold on the PAL version and I spent about 30 mins typing my times into the db.database thingy... and it informs me that I haven't got all gold!!

Either way though... I'm quite happy with my achievment!!

C.

yeti
I've got all Gold on the PAL version and I spent about 30 mins typing my times into the db.database thingy... and it informs me that I haven't got all gold!!

I noticed that as well, its because the times are from the NTSC version. Alot of the time attacks are faster than the PAL version. I had to go back and improve my times to get it say I had all gold. (I still think I need to improve the Ford GT one)
The killer is the 2 laps at NY in the Takata Dome...just when you think you have finally got gold, they move the goalposts :crazy:

All Golden, except in the Coffee Breaks. Took me a while though, coz i was used to just on and off turning and throttle, where as now i have to have control over them, yay GT4 Prologue has made me better than i thought i was, lol.

Tacet_Blue
The killer is the 2 laps at NY in the Takata Dome...just when you think you have finally got gold, they move the goalposts :crazy:

This one was really tough I'm making my way through the purple section got golds so far and the most difficult one has to be Takata NSX in NY that took me ages I don't know why it just took ages :ouch:

Its tough because there is no room for errors, one mistake and you might as well start again :crazy:

It was hard enough getting 3:14.500 for gold in the PAL version, but the NTSC expects you to get 3:13.000 :scared:

I had to follow Flinx's replay to get it, but it made me feel good :)

On the purple section...beware Lesson 37 :banghead: It takes a while to get gold on that one....that freakin understeering lump of skanky metal called a Lancer.... :crazy: All Purple gold gives you a nice bonus car though 👍

Tacet_Blue
....On the purple section...beware Lesson 37 :banghead: It takes a while to get gold on that one....that freakin understeering lump of skanky metal called a Lancer.... :crazy: All Purple gold gives you a nice bonus car though 👍

Is that the one using the white lancer on Tsukuba??

oh yesss....I still have nightmares :)

I got a 1:06.432 in the end, which isn't too bad.
One day I worked out how to do the last hairpin, and gained half a second! But before then.... :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

I think Lesson 6/13/37 are nasties..do you think PD have a sense of humour with Lesson 13 (Takata Dome@NY) being so tough :lol:

I found the Lancer one a lot easier than the Ford GT test... for me that was the hardest one to do...

I think the PAL times are changed slightly due to refresh rates... i.e. because the game run 10hz slower then times are ever so slightly longer...

C.

RoadBeef
Not as difficult as GT3 or 2. Some Prologue tests are actually too easy.
yeah, there were quite a few easy GT2 gold license challenges. After you get all golds on GT3, and then go back to GT1, they seem way to easy.

Nah... some of the golds were hard... I found tests 6, 7, 13 & 25 tricky... there is one hard one in each colour section...

Most of the Purple ones were challenging but a lot of them you would get after a couple of practices...

The time trials at the end were the hardest group of tests but given enough practice you can get them... as I say the hardest test of all is the Ford GT NY test... but maybe that's cos I hate 90 degree corners?!

C.

RoadBeef
Not as difficult as GT3 or 2. Some Prologue tests are actually too easy.
I wouldn't agree there.Prologue test are a litlle harder then the one in gt3(at least to me)!
BTW:Today I scored 11064 points! :)

I think the last coffee break ist really fascinating ! After the first try you would never believe that a "gold"-time is possible and then you learn so much during this lesson !

I really love this one !

All in gold now :)

Geez you guys should try the NTSC version. There are no less than 11 licence tests that are harder than the PAL version! Here is a comparison of the gold times that are different:

Lesson 11
PAL 00.31.400
NTSC 00.31.000

Lesson 13
PAL 03.14.500
NTSC 03.13.000

Lesson 29
PAL 01.33.000
NTSC 01.21.000

Lesson 30
PAL 01.48.000
NTSC 01.38.000

Lesson 31
PAL 03.00.000
NTSC 02.40.000

Lesson 36
PAL 01.32.000
NTSC 01.30.500

Lesson 37
PAL 01.07.000
NTSC 01.06.700

Lesson 38
PAL 01.24.000
NTSC 01.23.500

Lesson 39
PAL 01.31.000
NTSC 01.30.700

Lesson 40
PAL 02.30.000
NTSC 02.28.500

Lesson 41
PAL 01.38.000
NTSC 01.37.000

As for me, I've finally achieved all golds on GT4P :) I wouldn't let myself go onto the next test until I'd gotten gold on the previous one, but I finally managed to get them all on the weekend! There were a few difficult tests that I had to play over the course of a few nights...

Yes..but in the pursuit and overtaking tests on NTSC the cars actually start in different positions to the PAL.

Lessons 29/30/31 for example.

Thats why this is so impressive on the PAL version

Lesson 30
1 Flinx 1:19.105 18.6.2004 00:14 (PAL)

That time is hard to achieve even on the NTSC version.

If you want to challenge yourself, try beat some of the teams shown here :)

Prologue Lesson Times

Tacet_Blue
Lesson 30

Prologue Lesson Times
That's very good time.Unfortunately I have version of game that has some kind of bug in that lesson so I can't drive under 2 minutes(no way)! :grumpy:

Tacet_Blue
Yes..but in the pursuit and overtaking tests on NTSC the cars actually start in different positions to the PAL.

Lessons 29/30/31 for example.

Thats why this is so impressive on the PAL version

Lesson 30

Prologue Lesson Times

Yeah I've read that on another forum somewhere. I guess it makes sense - there's no way there could be a 20sec difference unless the starting positions were different. My time of 1:34.230 seems ridiculously slow compared to Flinx time. Oh well, gold is still gold!

Hey guys, i'm new around here. :)

I've got all golds in Prologue, which surprised me as I'm not the best GT driver. ;) I've got some 8000+ points in total. And personally I don't think the reward cars for all golds were worth it.

guys I can't get gold on lesson 11 sl55 highspeed break test. I'm 0.00.066 away but it just looks near impossible to me. Any trick would really really help because I'm getting sick just doing this over and over again :crazy:

vrus
guys I can't get gold on lesson 11 sl55 highspeed break test. I'm 0.00.066 away but it just looks near impossible to me. Any trick would really really help because I'm getting sick just doing this over and over again :crazy:
The best times use incredible tricks (and a lot of skill)! They make the car make a u-turn using the handbrake thus getting to stop in the braking area with the rear of the car getting in first.... 💡

I used both the brakes and the e-brake (handbrake) to make it stop faster, and brake late..

Good luck

Back