Much like Microsoft, Sony has kicked off Black Friday early for select players. And just like the Xbox deals, there’s some great savings to be had for racing fans.
It’s worth pointing out that Black Friday deals haven’t yet hit the PS Store on the East side of the Atlantic. Because they’re so good, we’ve listed the current deals — keep an eye out for dedicated BF deals to make their way across the pond closer to the date.
PlayStation Store North America
Early Access for the PS Store sales have started now for PS+ members. It’s a small collection for sim racers right now, but expect it to balloon out for Black Friday proper. If we had to guess, we’d bet on some of the current European discounts showing up on this side.
Payback‘s significant 40% reduction is surprising. The game just launched this month, so if you’ve been on the fence about EA’s newest arcade racer, it being almost half price may help.
Project CARS 2 is also a fairly recent product, arriving at the end of September. The game is a serious real-world motorsport simulator, and with Slightly Mad Studio’s DLC plans out in the open, we expect it to start receiving additions soon.
These deals run until November 21, 0800 PST.
- Project CARS 2: $41.99 (Read the GTPlanet review)
- Need for Speed Payback: $35.99 / £35.99 / 41.99€
- Need for Speed Payback – Deluxe Edition: $47.99 / £47.99 / 53.99€
PlayStation Store Europe
As usual, Europe gets some great deals on racing titles. If you’re looking for off-road action, DiRT 4 and WRC 7 deliver in spades, for roughly the same price as the Xbox listings. Fans of tarmac racing have a similarly cut-price Assetto Corsa on offer, too.
It may be old — and far from pretty — but Sébastien Loeb Rally EVO is a bit of a hidden gem. It’s very cheap this week, and offers a nice look at the career of the rally legend. The Special Edition may be double the price of the vanilla version, but it does come with Pikes Peak and all of the DLC…
These deals run until November 23, 1800 GMT.
- Assetto Corsa: £12.50 / 14.99€ (Read the GTPlanet review)
- DiRT 4: £24.19 / 30.79€ (Read the GTPlanet review)
- F1 2016: £13.19 / 16.79€
- MotoGP 17: £24.99 / 34.99€
- Micro Machines World Series: £9.99 / 11.99€ (Read the GTPlanet review)
- MXGP3: £24.99 / 34.99€
- MXGP3 – Special Edition: £29.99 / 39.99€
- Sébastien Loeb Rally EVO: £8.39 / 9.59€
- Sébastien Loeb Rally EVO – Special Edition: £16.49 / 17.99€
- WRC 7: £24.99 / 29.99€ (Read the GTPlanet review)
Stay tuned to GTPlanet for plenty more Black Friday deals this week!