LEXUS LF-LC GT “Vision Gran Turismo”

• Thread starter Dionisiy
  • 359 comments
New Course Maker

For the sake of what is Holy, get out, play your simcades, as always, and never come back.

Never been a Lexus fan, but the tease pictures look interesting.. Just a shame (as it looks now) they're just 'dusting off and polishing up' a concept they already had and call it new like Toyota did.. At least, that's how it feels to me...

Looks good, very similar to the LF-LC.

But i would like to see something else than a NA V8 under the hood, maybe a twin turbo V6, with a more realistic turbo surge and spool??

A man can dream...

Ignoring the Course Maker which I don't care about anymore, I sort of like this car. If it's a racing verison of a existing one, sure. :) However, I thought VGT was only meant to build completely different cars from one's imagination.

For the sake of what is Holy, get out, play your simcades, as always, and never come back.

Take Frz's advice man, ignore that guy. You will be wasting your time and breath trying to reason with him.

Ignoring the Course Maker which I don't care about anymore, I sort of like this car. If it's a racing verison of a existing one, sure. :) However, I thought VGT was only meant to build completely different cars from one's imagination.

To be fair, Toko, the idea that these cars should be unique is not quite clearly stated. The one key idea behind the VGT project is sort of a "what would be the Gran Turismo (as in car class, not the game) car of the future for you?" Some brands did original designs (Mercedes, Infiniti, Aston Martin), while others took inspiration from already exisiting concepts (Toyota, Subaru, and now Lexus).

And then we have the oddballs (Alpine, Chaparral), who just tear the rulebook apart and create their own interpretations, without caring much for the "2-door GT car" bit. I'm pretty sure General Motors took one good look at the rulebook for the 2X... before tearing it apart and going crazy. :lol:

I think the LF-LC will follow a similar style to the FT-1 VGT with a GT500 style look and a racing hybrid system.

I agree, judging by the relation between Lexus and Toyota, this will probably be the course taken for the LF-LC VGT. I could be wrong, of course, but it is very likely...

Do we have a release-date ?

Content is pointless imo if we can't access it, look at the Alpine, We know PD has put it in-game, what's left to delay it's release until March ?

As for the Lexus, I'll guess summer :P

Do we have a release-date ?

Content is pointless imo if we can't access it, look at the Alpine, We know PD has put it in-game, what's left to delay it's release until March ?

How exactly? We haven't had a update since December and we don't get VGTs without updates (including the Mazda LM55, which was in the update with the Chapperal and Infiniti before it was officially unlocked).

How exactly? We haven't had a update since December and we don't get VGTs without updates (including the Mazda LM55, which was in the update with the Chapperal and Infiniti before it was officially unlocked).

In-game pics released with announcement, showing the different colors, or are those just renders ?

In-game pics released with announcement, showing the different colors, or are those just renders ?

Well, the current teaser pictures look like game renders, but that doesn't mean the car is ready for the game yet, unless we get an early announcement by Lexus and/or PD on the matter.

To be fair, Toko, the idea that these cars should be unique is not quite clearly stated. The one key idea behind the VGT project is sort of a "what would be the Gran Turismo (as in car class, not the game) car of the future for you?" Some brands did original designs (Mercedes, Infiniti, Aston Martin), while others took inspiration from already exisiting concepts (Toyota, Subaru, and now Lexus).

And then we have the oddballs (Alpine, Chaparral), who just tear the rulebook apart and create their own interpretations, without caring much for the "2-door GT car" bit. I'm pretty sure General Motors took one good look at the rulebook for the 2X... before tearing it apart and going crazy. :lol:
Wow! Thanks for the explanation on the VGT project Niku. :)👍 I guess I never read on it to fully understand it, shame on me. :P The last bit you've said was funny and so true. Haha. :D :lol:

Basically, its just like the Volkswagen Golf VGT from last year: Got pics and full release page (even a life size model), but not in the game at the time of announcement.

Wow! Thanks for the explanation on the VGT project Niku. :)👍 I guess I never read on it to fully understand it, shame on me. :P The last bit you've said was funny and so true. Haha. :D :lol:

Don't just take it from me, read this here:

Gran Turismo Website says:
The project started with a question from Kazunori Yamauchi: "Would you be willing to design your rendition of Gran Turismo for us?" The videogame’s name "Gran Turismo" (GT) refers to a 2-door sport car, known as a Grand Touring car in the automotive world.

;) It's as simple as that, man.

Agree.

I'm glad the various VGT participants have chosen to make cars that range from looking like they are production ready, to those that belong in Wipeout. It would be awfully boring if all the cars were at one end of the spectrum or the other.

I'm going to keep a permanent link to this thread and quote it every time I need a reference for how NOT to deal with someone you think is trolling you or a thread you are in. Options are usually like this:

1. Ignore people expressing opinions you don't agree with and usually they go away. Works most of the time, but if they persist, you can always report them for spamming and being off topic. That also usually works.

2. Quote the person who's opinion I disagree with so he get's a notice in his inbox, then tell him how wrong he is about is opinion, and how you don't like it. This encourages many others to do the same and now the person you disagree with is getting tons of attention and his inbox is full of notices. Pretty soon you have a whole thread of people ganging up on one person and telling them their personal opinion is wrong and they should stop posting, which is the very thing you didn't want, when this person first posted their opinion that you didn't agree with.

AFAIK, option 2 has never worked in the entire history of the internetz, although I haven't read the entire internet quite yet, so I could be wrong. But I'm not.

Carry on.

(as in car class, not the game)
I'm not sure that's correct. I think Kaz asked for them to make a physical embodiment of their love for GT, why else would manufacturers agree to do it?

Kaz allows manufacturers to go absolutely bonkers with design and performance, and all Lexus is doing is slapping on some aero kits and beefing the engine in a concept.

Good job, guys! Let those creative juices flow! :lol::irked:
If it's good, I won't really care. If it's bad, I still won't care. The original concept is a stunning thing and what car doesn't look better as a racer?

I'm not sure that's correct. I think Kaz asked for them to make a physical embodiment of their love for GT, why else would manufacturers agree to do it?

Well, I'm not 100% sure of the actual rules, as it seems that some car brands are more focused on the "love for GT" that you've mentioned than the actual definition of a Gran Turismo (again, this being the type of car). In a way, being a Gran Tourer car of the future could be part of the reason for this project, and the other one could be the love for Gran Turismo as a game, as you said.

Personally, as a drifter, Vision GT cars have never caught my eye. Yes, they are really good looking machines with a purpose behind but that's it; for me, though.

Don't know, perhaps because it doesn't contribute to the drifting scene at all? Perhaps. But this one, this one did caught my attention. After looking at the images of the

original LF-LC Concept, it made me say, "Man, I wanna try this!".

So yeah, I'll be waiting for the arrival of this Lexus, the first VGT car that I'll test.

If the Lexus VGT is really just a race version of the existing LF-LC,
then it just show how they are lazier than Toyo...... Oh... :T

PD are the people that should feel somehow offended by the laziness of some manufacturers (because a body kit is so visionary)

But us ? We get a new car and if you look at the very first complaint about them you'll see that it's about them (cars) being "not real", "toys", "without bounds to reality"

Many people would prefer 1 real car for 5 VGTs (me too)

Well BMW, Toyota and now Lexus are addressing (addressed) this complaint with their laziness. But the problem is - they aren't exactly real and they lack the interior so it's not a win either way. :lol: At least for me it isn't but it's good some folks can enjoy these.

If I have to choose between the two I'd rather have brand new design where designers go wild - at least it's interesting to talk about them - not much to say about a body kit.

I also forgot the details so I checked the GT website and yes - Kaz asked them to create Gran Tourers.

Quote:

The project started with a question from Kazunori Yamauchi: "Would you be willing to design your rendition of Gran Turismo for us?" The videogame’s name "Gran Turismo" (GT) refers to a 2-door sport car, known as a Grand Touring car in the automotive world.
The manufacturers who have answered our call are now delivering new Grand Touring cars in succession. “Vision Gran Turismo” is a 15th anniversary celebration that will be hosted by Gran Turismo, car manufacturers and users around the globe. The cars presented will appear one after another in Gran Turismo 6, and as those cars will be driven by more and more people, the festival will get bigger and bigger.
http://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/products/gt6/vgt/

I also forgot the details so I checked the GT website and yes - Kaz asked them to create Gran Tourers.

Quote:

The manufacturers who have answered our call are now delivering new Grand Touring cars in succession. “Vision Gran Turismo” is a 15th anniversary celebration that will be hosted by Gran Turismo, car manufacturers and users around the globe. The cars presented will appear one after another in Gran Turismo 6, and as those cars will be driven by more and more people, the festival will get bigger and bigger.
http://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/products/gt6/vgt/
They havent stuck to that well then...

Indeed. ^^^

Also, I too believe designers should have more realistic innovation. (Not sure if this lil expression is correct. Perhaps not using the correct words. Let me know if so.)

I have no problem with this Lexus being based on an existing concept car. It's not as if we are getting a body-kitted version of a car currently in GT6, plus it's based on one of my favourite concept cars of all time.

With both Lexus and Toyota taking this approach to their VGT projects you have to wonder if the designers were not permitted to spend extensive time on them by the company management as they didn't see the benefit matching the investment.

Back