1.03 update adds ONLINE ONLY mechanical damage (No further details known.)

• Thread starter fabianw
  • 638 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Still no TT leaderboards :/

They were the only reason GT5P lasted me two years.

ye me too!!that in my opinion should be top priority its nice to buy the cars and tune them etc.But the online leaderboards and competition is what gets me going, i played until lvl 23 now im just waiting for the tt leaderboards to be happy.

Oh dear, not looking forward to that with my Fanatec.

Well i won't say every wheel will feel the damage the same, but my DFGT with FFB at 4, it feels pretty rough, the think is that i doesn't stop until you've fixed the car, so say your halfway through the course then you'll have to drive like that till you get to the pit, ofc couse this is using the Heavy setting.

So I guess its not safe to have FF set to 10 ? :sly:

Well i wouldn't dare to have my DFGT at 10 and crash my car and drive around for long at least, not even gonna try.

Is it worse than driving a Red Bull X1 over kerbs? It felt like my G25 was going to fall apart and take my hands with it when I did that on Nürburgring GP.

Well i haven't driven the X1 yet, but as said above, the FFB doesn't stop till the car is fixed, and the FFB feel is pretty rough.

Yes, i´m also waiting. That´s a huge part of GT5, i hope it comes before january. I´m finishing the carrear mode i want those things in place to start exploring GT5 online.

ye me too!!that in my opinion should be top priority its nice to buy the cars and tune them etc.But the online leaderboards and competition is what gets me going, i played until lvl 23 now im just waiting for the tt leaderboards to be happy.

Online leaderboard was said to come late December, so we just have to wait, we now got mechanical damage, so that means they seem to be holding onto their promises, which means that is a good chance we'll see online leaderboards before the year is over.

The mechanical damage is awesome. Just slammed Shelby Cobra Chrome Line side on into a wall and now the engine is messed up, there are glowy red pain dots on the appropriate places in the HUD, it drives like crap, sounds like crap, steering is very much off and the wheel is shaking.

Now I really, really wish I didn't have to be in an online lobby to enjoy it.

Someone earlier was complaining about this updates lack of effect on split screen. I went to it, and my 2001 tokyo GTR concept warped LESS than yesterday, but it Dented and Dinged and rubbed against stuff(I think) SOOO much more relistically than yesterday!!!

I tried in the Extreme series, and unless there is an option or a menu that I missed, no, it's not possible to mechanically damage you car in a-spec in any way.
Ouch that's bad then, mechanical damage in a-spec is really not possible... Well thanks for trying :D

Oh lord, welcome to World of Warcraft Community Forums 2.0. I hope Kaz and PD hire a community manager to tell all the idiots piss off and stop whining about stuff they want in the game without any consciousness as to whether the change would have negative repercussions elsewhere in the experience. Apparently GT pushes the PS3 close to its limits, so what we ask for here could result in deficiencies in something else.

Im thankful for all the updates. Right now, Im telling my friends who didnt impulse buy the game like I did to wait until I give you the go ahead after a sufficient amount of stuff is patched up in this game, before you go and spend $60 on a beta.

You have to wonder, at what point do they give up patching GT5 and start concentrating 100% on GT6? Are they working on both right now, with a smaller team dedicated to these patches, while the majority are working on GT6? Would be nice to know their plans. Id like to know are they committed to getting THIS game perfect before they stop patching, or will they just fix a few things and say, ah screw it, lets just work on GT6 now.

found this:

http://www.connectedconsoles.com/ps3-yamauchi-on-gt5-dlc.cfm

kaz said in an interview in the December issue of the Official PlayStation Magazine (Issue 038);

"Let me be clear on this. There is a massive amount of content in this game, I don't think there are many teams that can put as much into a game as we can." he said. "The launch of the game isn't a start, we are releasing the full game"

"Everything we want to put in the game is on the disc when it ships," he continued. "Having said that, we do have a sizable online team that will look after it once it's launched"

over a year old, but interesting as it makes a few contradictions. so take what you want from it.

Kaz is right, nobody has even tried to do half as much as them. The aftersupport should be good and will be key. I am glad we are not paying for dlc to make the game complete like other games.

Is it worse than driving a Red Bull X1 over kerbs? It felt like my G25 was going to fall apart and take my hands with it when I did that on Nürburgring GP.

You weren't really expecting a useful answer to this, were you? Are we trying to show off now, hmmm? ;):lol:

This was a waste of an update, they should have added leaderboards and online events instead. Went into many lobbies lobbies lastnight with mechanical damage on and after the first race everyone wanted it off. I understand its important to some but the majority of players would have preferred an update with leaderboards and earning credits from playing online.

Oh lord, welcome to World of Warcraft Community Forums 2.0. I hope Kaz and PD hire a community manager to tell all the idiots piss off and stop whining about stuff they want in the game without any consciousness as to whether the change would have negative repercussions elsewhere in the experience. Apparently GT pushes the PS3 close to its limits, so what we ask for here could result in deficiencies in something else.

I don't think alot of what people are asking for is "pushing the PS3" beyond it's limits. If so then this is the worse console ever. No way you can tell me better A.I. is going to suddenly crippled the PS3 or crashing headlong into a cement block and have damage is going to make PS3's explode across the planet.

Kaz is right, nobody has even tried to do half as much as them. The aftersupport should be good and will be key. I am glad we are not paying for dlc to make the game complete like other games.

Example? Just cause that doesn't sound like it happens. Why be thankful for something you made up.

Which game had a patch to fix it or complete it, that had to be paid for?

Example? Just cause that doesn't sound like it happens. Why be thankful for something you made up.

Which game had a patch to fix it or complete it that had to be paid for?

That's what I wanted to know too. I never payed for a patch or a fix. DLC , as in added tracks, sure. But "me crash in wall, car go boom" I never paid for that.

1: It involves backing up the entire drive - which if you have a lot of media or content saved will take a long time just for the benefit of backing up one save game which is locked.

2: It won't help you if your PS3 YLODs, gets stolen, catches fire etc etc and have to get another one... the save game is locked to your actual PS3.

What people want is to make it so you can back up your save game as several people have already lost their save games to corruption and with them hours of work when it just letting them back it up to USB drive individually (but still tied to PSN account) would have saved them so much grief.

#2 is not true. It works fine if you back up to a completely seperate system. I have tested it and confirmed it works fine. The problem is having that backup up-to-date should something like that occur.

Complain much?!? There is no pleasing people, just do the best you could and turn a deaf ear, someone is not going to be happy with something you did or didn't do. They are quickly patching which is good, what is bad they are patching things that should have been enabled from day one. Damage in A Spec would have been great, a lot less people would even be at such a high level they are now.

I'm pretty sure that this patch was damage controls and increased connections for online servers or something like that. When leader boards and online credits arrive i hope the online part stays civil, else we could end up with the mess that FM3 has for online races. Level 29 racer, gets abused by lower level racers for having a higher rank and being faster. Or because of your level you can't even get a race as no one wants to challenge a higher rank. Vice versa higher ranks don't want to race lower ranks because of idiotic behavior of some of the lower ranks and some higher rank are just full of themselves. Will probably just be relegated back to private rooms once the annoyances start showing up.

What PD needs to patch in is an online paint shop, start out with decals and unlimited paints to choose from. Race liveries from PD should be up for sale using credits, and we should be able to create our own, even if it's rudimentary at first. Just allow more creative freedom to further individualize ourselves while online. What is assinine is the fact that you can't change your drivers outfit, seriously with all the technological ability, why is it we don't have a color wheel and make our own color for our avatar, helmet, gloves, shoes and all? Some decisions they made you just wonder about, i can personalize my lounge, but not my car or my driver, both of which will be seen more often than my lounge. PD we need to have a talk on things of importance to individuality.

Which game had a patch to fix it or complete it, that had to be paid for?
Well mafia 2 second DLC was supposed to be part of the game but the devs decided to cut that part and sell it, the same happened with a lot of last 2 yrs games, OK you can play the game even without those dlcs but you'll miss a big part of the plot....
IMO it's a great thing that pd patches the game but the real prob is, as SavageEvil said, that this features was intended to be part of the game since the beginning!

Do you reckon the version 1.04 will have the back up save data patch?

Has anyone ever seen it mentioned by someone from PD as a future update? I haven't. It seems to be one of the most mentioned desired update by users but seems to be ignored by Sony and PD. Makes me nervous. :nervous:

@svBackstreets Was posted by Kaz in a twitter update last week. Should arrive late December, which I hope means before Christmas!

Awesome, glad we got an update that is in response to what we are looking for out of this game. Hope to see more soon.

Looks like i got some updating to do when i get back from work.

Going by what ive read though it wont do me much good seeing as i dont play online.

Bummer.............oh well maybe in the next patch.

AA

Love this amage thing :dunce:
However I'm disappointed with the fact that they didn't add tt leaderboards yet... I'm time trial freak... :dopey:

Stop whining about what the game DOESN'T have. PD (most likely) won't fix things and give us new things if ou guys b**** and moan about their game. This game has more than we have seen in any console game before. If you don't like it, sell it and buy a xbox 360 and play forza.

You know, I am starting to wonder if all of this delay business back in early November caused all of this.

Perhaps PD already had everything they're adding now ready on the Gold copy when BAM! SONY slapped them with the new SDK requirement. It's possible that they had to use a slightly older build to match the SDK quickly in order to hurriedly push it out the door as demanded by SONY? Being told to "patch the rest back in later." Because they seem to be coming out with most of this stuff fairly quickly if they didn't have it done in the first place.

Just a theory though.

Some more videos of mechanical damage, which I'm personally quite disappointed by. No implementation to off-line mode? What a shame! It says something bad about development management... Did they really not programmed the AI in mind with mechanical damage? Did their PR department fool us again?

But I'm looking forward to other updates, I'm wondering what all they can fix by it. I appreciate the effort PD invests in our complaints.

You know, I am starting to wonder if all of this delay business back in early November caused all of this.

Perhaps PD already had everything they're adding now ready on the Gold copy when BAM! SONY slapped them with the new SDK requirement. It's possible that they had to use a slightly older build to match the SDK quickly in order to hurriedly push it out the door as demanded by SONY? Being told to "patch the rest back in later." Because they seem to be coming out with most of this stuff fairly quickly if they didn't have it done in the first place.

Just a theory though.

You know,that sounds pretty plausible 👍

Just a theory though.

I think it seems unlikely... I am no insider expert or anything, but I can't imagine how recompiling something to be compliant with a new SDK would be easier on a slightly older or stripped down version... I believe it's like compiling anything else on a newer version, it simply involves making sure it's encrypted with the new SDK seucirty key and then compiled and tested to make sure no functions cause unexpected bugs...

I suppose it's possible they pulled stuff out to patch it in later but that seems potentially an even longer process and I just don't feel it would be feasible. Far from impossible but call it gut instinct, I don't see it happening that way...

#2 is not true. It works fine if you back up to a completely seperate system. I have tested it and confirmed it works fine. The problem is having that backup up-to-date should something like that occur.

Are you sure? I had heard several reports that it will not work on a new system when you restore... if it's true that's good that it can be ported and you are right the inconvenience (while still a legitimate issue) is far less of an issue.

Stop whining about what the game DOESN'T have. PD (most likely) won't fix things and give us new things if ou guys b**** and moan about their game. This game has more than we have seen in any console game before. If you don't like it, sell it and buy a xbox 360 and play forza.

That's the 'go-to' response these days, isn't it? I have to wonder, how is telling someone to go purchase an Xbox 360 and Forza Motorsport hurting anyone's feelings?

Also, I'm very curious, what does this game have more of than we've seen in any console game before?

Are you sure? I had heard several reports that it will not work on a new system when you restore... if it's true that's good that it can be ported and you are right the inconvenience (while still a legitimate issue) is far less of an issue.

It could depend on the model number, example maybe 60 Gig Fat ps3 have different exportability than a 250GB slim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back