1.03 update adds ONLINE ONLY mechanical damage (No further details known.)

  • Thread starter Thread starter fabianw
  • 638 comments
  • 114,710 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I suppose the update is about the online mech damage.
Could you tell me what does "mechanical damage" means compared to the already existing damage system (that is introduced as you level up)? Does it means that the car will not only look like it is damaged, but will also _behave_ as it is damaged?

Thanks
 
Coolcolj posted this a while back



All I see is front and rear, I would like to see some great detail pictures from sides, tire zoom ins, all angles, also maybe a good replay angles too.

Im curious on how much wheels deform to the suspension, etc.

Too bad GT5 does not have a in game 360 view like in other games.
 
and i think the damage resets after a certain amount of time, seemed like 15-30 of not hitting the car again

Yes, the light setting for the damage automatically resets after a certain amount of time. The heavy setting only resets if you make a pit stop.
 
All I see is front and rear, I would like to see some great detail pictures from sides, tire zoom ins, all angles, also maybe a good replay angles too.

Im curious on how much wheels deform to the suspension, etc.

Too bad GT5 does not have a in game 360 view like in other games.

Apologies.....I wont bother next time. Your welcome ;)
 
So, I suppose the update is about the online mech damage.
Could you tell me what does "mechanical damage" means compared to the already existing damage system (that is introduced as you level up)? Does it means that the car will not only look like it is damaged, but will also _behave_ as it is damaged?

Thanks

You got it in one. You can set it to three levels in an online race. Off, limited where the damage is automatically repaired over time and full where the damage is only repaired in a pit stop.
 
I'm trying to grab some pictures now.
Edit: But online doesn't work now.
 
Apologies.....I wont bother next time. Your welcome ;)

HAHA thanks for the thought, now get out!

JOKE!

Thanks man, but thats what i seen when I was racing online as well.
 
Nice try for the damage by PD (could be better, though), but I think that as a consequence many wheels will fail over the following months. Mine was shaking left and right pretty badly when I tried damaging my car online.
 
HAHA thanks for the thought, now get out!

JOKE!

Thanks man, but thats what i seen when I was racing online as well.

I'm not sure the visual damage model has changed, just that it now has an effect on the cars performance. But that's just a guess from what I've read, I could be way out.
 
let me see if i got this straight , mechanical damage on line but not on a spec?? right?
or the stupid ai cars on a-spec ill get me straight to the junkward.
 
Nice try for the damage by PD (could be better, though), but I think that as a consequence many wheels will fail over the following months. Mine was shaking left and right pretty badly when I tried damaging my car online.

What wheel do you use and what ffb settings do you use?
 
will there ever be a update to fix this broken Glue on chase camera ??

i love driving in third person view but its almost impossible with this robotic Glue chase camera ... ??

or at least the option to switch between Glue and Free Flowing ..

and last a free spinning camera in third person view aswell ??

Is that to much to ask for PD ..

:nervous:
 
Nice try for the damage by PD (could be better, though), but I think that as a consequence many wheels will fail over the following months. Mine was shaking left and right pretty badly when I tried damaging my car online.

That's exactly my thought as well, the force feedback seems pretty rough on the wheel when it's damaged.
 
What wheel do you use and what ffb settings do you use?

A 10 years old Logitech GT Force (PC version, red coloring), set to Steering Type: Simulation. No Feedback strength selectable for this one.
 
A 10 years old Logitech GT Force (PC version, red coloring), set to Steering Type: Simulation. No Feedback strength selectable for this one.

What about the in game setting? You can set it between 1 and 10 can't you, or did I dream that :crazy:
 
What about the in game setting? You can set it between 1 and 10 can't you, or did I dream that :crazy:

You can, my DFGT is at 4, and still the force feedback you get when you have crashed, is pretty insane, feels like the wheel is gonna stop working any minute while driving with a damaged car.
 
What about the in game setting? You can set it between 1 and 10 can't you, or did I dream that :crazy:

On the older wheels (like the driving force EX, GT, etc.) you can't change to FFB strength. Only the DFP, DFGT, and G25/27, can have their FFB level changed.
 
Nice try for the damage by PD (could be better, though), but I think that as a consequence many wheels will fail over the following months. Mine was shaking left and right pretty badly when I tried damaging my car online.

You see, we are always having problems with PD :)
I bet if they had skipped the transfer of the damage to the steering wheel then lots of players would have complained about why they cannot feel the damage?!
 
You can, my DFGT is at 4, and still the force feedback you get when you have crashed, is pretty insane, feels like the wheel is gonna stop working any minute while driving with a damaged car.

Oh dear, not looking forward to that with my Fanatec.

On the older wheels (like the driving force EX, GT, etc.) you can't change to FFB strength. Only the DFP, DFGT, and G25/27, can have their FFB level changed.

Ah right I see. So is the level set pretty high by default on the older wheels then?
 
Hmmm.... don't want to start the "damage - level related" discussion all over again, but maybe in a-spec mode mechanical damage works only in the expert races or at least not in the beginners races?
Anyone has tried with one of the expert races if you can activate it?
 
You can, my DFGT is at 4, and still the force feedback you get when you have crashed, is pretty insane, feels like the wheel is gonna stop working any minute while driving with a damaged car.

So I guess its not safe to have FF set to 10 ? :sly:
 
You can, my DFGT is at 4, and still the force feedback you get when you have crashed, is pretty insane, feels like the wheel is gonna stop working any minute while driving with a damaged car.

Is it worse than driving a Red Bull X1 over kerbs? It felt like my G25 was going to fall apart and take my hands with it when I did that on Nürburgring GP.
 
Ah right I see. So is the level set pretty high by default on the older wheels then?
No, not at all. The default feedback strength for the old wheels is pretty mild, too much so, even. Only the shaking is quite violent (but not strong to the point that it cannot be overcome by your own strength).
 
Hmmm.... don't want to start the "damage - level related" discussion all over again, but maybe in a-spec mode mechanical damage works only in the expert races or at least not in the beginners races?
Anyone has tried with one of the expert races if you can activate it?

I tried in the Extreme series, and unless there is an option or a menu that I missed, no, it's not possible to mechanically damage you car in a-spec in any way.
 
Still no TT leaderboards :/

They were the only reason GT5P lasted me two years.
 
No, not at all. The default feedback strength for the old wheels is pretty mild, too much so, even. Only the shaking is quite violent (but not strong to the point that it cannot be overcome by your own strength).

Thats cool then. Would have been a little concerend for your arms if it was at the same level as 10 with my Fanatec :)
 
A couple of people have reported this happening. Unfortunately it means you have got a corrupted save and will need to start from the very beginning again. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

It completed the install and I still have my save working.
 
Do the shadows look better in single player (arcade, a-spec) or only online?
 
Nice try for the damage by PD (could be better, though), but I think that as a consequence many wheels will fail over the following months. Mine was shaking left and right pretty badly when I tried damaging my car online.

The car the broke it's steering column/suspension, that should be rough. It's also an incentive not to wreck.

That simply means you'll end up buying the High-end wheel from thrustmaster. :lol:
 
Still no TT leaderboards :/

They were the only reason GT5P lasted me two years.

Yes, i´m also waiting. That´s a huge part of GT5, i hope it comes before january. I´m finishing the carrear mode i want those things in place to start exploring GT5 online.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back