1.03 update adds ONLINE ONLY mechanical damage (No further details known.)

  • Thread starter Thread starter fabianw
  • 638 comments
  • 114,710 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is two forms of damage one is temporary one is permanent untill you go pits and get repairs. If its on permanent the car will not fix it self it will wobble and drive horrible till you fix it.

And if you don't fix it, does it mean that when you go do career mode that the car is fixed? or will it at least require a more expensive engine overhaul and body work?
 
It's funny all the people that were complaining about damage, but when I get online, the only rooms I have found have had settings at "Light Damage"....lol. Turn it on Heavy...oh no because that would be to hard.


Side note: The update reset my suspension settings on some of my cars.
 
It is good, and it would be stupid to put it in GT mode now. But I don't know why it wasn't in the harder races in the first place:ouch:.
 
And if you don't fix it, does it mean that when you go do career mode that the car is fixed? or will it at least require a more expensive engine overhaul and body work?

No. It only affects your car for THAT race.
 
Do we really need posts like this one?

No, yours is much more useful

So is anyone else experiencing any missing data (cars, money, etc ) issues
 
Last edited:
for the second time - dont know what happened to my previous post??????



did you also loose the money you spent on them???

Moderators: next time you erase posts please make sure you're not erasing anything that has to to with the topic - you could have edited the off-topic part of the post - not that it was all that off-topic because it was GT5/PS3 related

The next time I have to erase over 50% of the posts from two pages I will lock the thread and issue infractions.

The sheer volume of off-topic noise and flame-bait unfortunately did not allow me the time to check and edit each and every single one of them.

The AUP however is quite clear on the subject of off-topic posting and following staff instructions. Simply being PS3/GT5 related does not make it automatically on-topic, this is a thread about the 1.03 update, posting Photomode images in here would be PS3/GT5 related, but still way off topic. The topic you are employing here would dictate we simply have one thread called 'PS3/GT5 stuff' and that's unlikely to end well.

The deleted posts stay deleted, the thread gets back on topic or people face the actions clearly outlined. This is not a subject for debate or discussion, it is an instruction and I would remind you all of the following part of the AUP....

AUP
•You will, if asked by a representative of the forums, cease posting any content.


It is also quite clear about the need for good basic grammar when posting, and that includes using capital letters for the start of sentences, nouns and single 'I's. Please ensure you posts follow the AUP.


Scaff
 
No. It only affects your car for THAT race.

OK. Not bad. Still which it would imply engine overhaul and body work, so to discourage on-line abuse from "race crashers" but since we also do not need to spend extra money on the car if we get abused, than it is fair.
 
So the mechanical damage only works online right?
 
i'm thankful for this online mechanical update. There's nothing more annoying than racing someone online and while they are riding the barriers i'm 5 seconds behind trying to find a decent line thinking why am i even bothering if they can do that ? ( and yes i know of the penalties but they are very hit and miss sometimes to wether they kick in or not) Also I'm liking the regular Patches. Its quite exciting trying to think what might be coming next. :)
 
So the mechanical damage only works online right?

At this stage, yes. It is unclear at this current stage when, if ever, we will get mechanical damage for GT Life.
 
Great, more improvements and another step towards perfecting the driving sim.

What more needs to be said.
 
and i think the damage resets after a certain amount of time, seemed like 15-30 of not hitting the car again
 
No, yours is much more useful

So is anyone else experiencing any missing data (cars, money, etc ) issues

All money and cars are accounted for, and all of my cleared events are proper. I can't say much about the horns, paint, etc. (haven't really paid much attention to them), but my car tickets are still in one piece.
 
Downloaded in 3 mins and installed with no problems at all. Tearing does seem to be different too ? not sure why that would be.
 
Hopefully when I get back from holiday in March the game will be finished. From what I've been reading there are lots of inconsistencies and things missing in GT5. This makes my wait a little easier, knowing (or hoping) that a lot of these issues will be addressed by the time I try the game in March.
 
All money and cars are accounted for, and all of my cleared events are proper. I can't say much about the horns, paint, etc. (haven't really paid much attention to them), but my car tickets are still in one piece.

Thanks
 
Is anybody else being asked to install the game again?
 
At this stage, yes. It is unclear at this current stage when, if ever, we will get mechanical damage for GT Life.

Okay, i have no problem with it really. I think they need to improve the AI before they can introduce this to GT Life anyway.

Though, anyone beside me that thinks the force feedback is a bit over the top when you get damaged? It feels like my whole steering wheel is gonna fall off because of the force feedback :P
 
Sorry for asking this, but I don't have enough time to read through the 27 pages :(
Could someone summarize the effect of this 1.03 update?
Or is it still just in guessing-phase?

Thanks!
 
Is anybody else being asked to install the game again?

A couple of people have reported this happening. Unfortunately it means you have got a corrupted save and will need to start from the very beginning again. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
 
A couple of people have reported this happening. Unfortunately it means you have got a corrupted save and will need to start from the very beginning again. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Why would a corrupted save game need you to install the game data again? They're separate files
 
Why would a corrupted save game need you to install the game data again? They're separate files

It's just what other people have reported in this very thread. And to answer your question, I have no idea I didn't program the game or update ;)
 
Anyone has any pictures of DAMAGE in online? I would like to see some nice angles on how the suspension looks after being damage, if wheels are crooked not aligned, etc.

Also is it possible to damage the suspension after having a hard fall after a big jump and not hitting any walls?
 
Anyone has any pictures of DAMAGE in online? I would like to see some nice angles on how the suspension looks after being damage, if wheels are crooked not aligned, etc.

Also is it possible to damage the suspension after having a hard fall after a big jump and not hitting any walls?

Coolcolj posted this a while back

 
I never crashed on online that bad really. And no one wrecks people in my lobby so this should be fun once someone makes a mistake around the ring
 
Hmm... So still no backup of the game save. I'll wager that this is the single most critical point that needs fixing. It would take less than 5 minutes of programming, assuming that the save is already locked to the account.

Yesterday one of my cats sent the PS3 falling from the TV bench and smashing into the floor with the BluRay and hard disc spinning. My heart skipped a few beats until I registered that it was still working :eek: :crazy: :scared:

DJ
--
 
I took a standard Vitz out last night, GT Life, and selected Madrid mini as the track. I took a 'high' speed run at the wall (80 MPH) and ebraked backwards into the barrier. It moved the rear right bumper into the wheelwell pretty dramatically. I am Level 10. BIG change from the same attempt a few days ago. Seems like a great update?!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back