2017 IMSA WeatherTech SCC - Round 5: Belle IsleSports Cars 

• Thread starter IforceV8
  • 56 comments
Holding up the GTD leader for multiple laps, almost wreaks havoc with WTR, and dive bombs a P class car. Cool story.

This series are just great. Although the prototype class is totally dominated by the Taylor brothers and the PC class is a mere 3 party competition, the GTD's and GTLM's provide us tremendous battles and intense racing.
One of the things that is really awesome to follow is "the battle of the Ladies" in the GTD class. The Danish Christina Nielsen in the Ferrari and English Catherine Legg in the Acura are great friends outside their machines but on track both on qualy and race you can tell that the main goal after trying to win their class race is beating eachother.
All ready for another great race... beer and corn chips...check!:cheers:

I can think of 5 things happening in this race right now:

1. 31 pits and retains lead from 10.
2. 31 pits and loses lead to 10.
3. 10 and 10 runs out of fuel, handing lead to 70.
4. 10 gets lead and holds on with just barely enough fuel to finish the race.
5. A caution comes out and screws up the 4 predictions.

Honda/Acura have got to be a happy bunch today.

Shame Habul bulldozed the 90 off the track because this race was probably their best chance to show the potential of of the Riley.

upload_2017-6-3_13-17-10.png

I'm just gonna leave this here..

Happy for Acura/HPD/MSR/Legge and Lally. 👍 Thought Acura were going to pull of a double podium for a while, there.

Is it time to place bets on the #10 having a perfect season?

1st-2nd best laps were .5 sec faster than any other car using less down force than at Daytona- on a street course.:rolleyes: The JDC car was competitive for the class it races in,so was the Riley. Both Mazda's finished, ESM was meh. The 2 had a mechanical issue and Ed Brown is another level of BOP for the 22.

I wonder if the testing Riley has been busy with in the last few weeks has been shared with the VF team.

Honda/Acura have got to be a happy bunch today.

Shame Habul bulldozed the 90 off the track because this race was probably their best chance to show the potential of of the Riley.
So the Riley #33 finishing P3 at Daytona, winning at Sebring, the Riley #50 McNeil/Jeannette winning and the #33 2nd at Long Beach, and the #33 winning COTA is not enough.
Am I missing something. Banter?

It's been a while since I had to listen to a race but the commentary sufficed. No FS2 here.

So the Riley #33 finishing P3 at Daytona, winning at Sebring, the Riley #50 McNeil/Jeannette winning and the #33 2nd at Long Beach, and the #33 winning COTA is not enough.
Am I missing something. Banter?

It's been a while since I had to listen to a race but the commentary sufficed. No FS2 here.
33 and 50 are the GTD Mercs. I'm referring to the 90 which is the Riley/Multimatic LMP2 (VFR's P2). Other than limping home for a podium at Daytona and some pace it shown before being wrecked today, it has been viewed as being the weakest P2 in IMSA thus far based on its speed.

Hey look who won, I guess that means another round of nerfs because if they don't happen clearly the car that has been continually targeted by BoP will somehow still win. As if they tested for a great duration of time, are using it to their advantage and winning, also don't give me the cop out of the same chassis not being as competitive in other series. We're not discussing other series so let's play the same ball game and talk IMSA.

Good job Taylor boys

As well as the NSX.

Last edited:
Back