22- 157.2
85- 157.2
02- 156.5
31/5- 156.5
10- 155.9
55- 155.6
70- 154.4
90- 153.2

Maybe GM should break down and sell the engine to LMP1L teams looking for an engine so we can see what they actually do unrestricted. The Roar gave a glimpse of how OP it could have been (could be even more OP unrestricted now with the teams actually having a good handle on the engines), but I really think that it might have a chance of being rather competitive in a P1L.

Then again, this is the same company that still won't give Larbre the funding to run a GTE Pro entry despite Larbre being the first to win a championship with a Vette in the GT2 spec/GTE era, so I doubt it will ever happen.

The engines come from ECR so in theory they should be available to anybody who wants to buy one.

ideal FP2

5- 1:22.802
31-1:22.892
10- 1:23.366

everybody else
70- 1:24.108
90- 1:24.294
85- 1:24.319
55- 1:24.519
02- 1:24.608

The GTD field is all within .9 top to bottom

Traps
85- 158.4
2/22- 157.5
31- 157.5
10- 156.5
5- 156.5
55- 155.6
70- 154.7
90- 153.8

Imagine how fast the Caddy would be if they had back the 2.7mm of restrictor and were 20kg lighter like they ran at Daytona.

It's obvious the Caddilac is the best engine and their cars are the most developed. That's what happens when you get a leg up on your competition in testing and preparation. They were probably running the engine near this time last year while everyone else was just deciding if they were even going to enter a dpi or what. They started testing in the fall iirc, and others didn't even do a shakedown until the leadup to the D24.

It's obvious the Caddilac is the best engine and their cars are the most developed. That's what happens when you get a leg up on your competition in testing and preparation. They were probably running the engine near this time last year while everyone else was just deciding if they were even going to enter a dpi or what. They started testing in the fall iirc, and others didn't even do a shakedown until the leadup to the D24.
So why is the Dallara the slowest LMP2 in ELMS?

Does ELMS have a Pro or Pro-Am setup for LMP2?
Pro-Am

and I know what your thinking and I will say this. Do you think the Taylor boys would be running low 23's in a stock Dallara? Not a chance...

and why part 2 is this round called the Chevrolet sports car classic? I guess if we count Katech engines there are 3 sets of Chevy valve covers in this race.

Last edited:
Pro-Am

and I know what your thinking and I will say this. Do you think the Taylor boys would be running low 23's in a stock Dallara? Not a chance...

and why part 2 is this round called the Chevrolet sports car classic? I guess if we count Katech engines there are 3 sets of Chevy valve covers in this race.
I was only checking. I frankly don't know what to think at this point so, not gonna dig into potential/realistic tinfoil hat stuff. It doesn't help that Mazda are still a mess, making the last minute thrown together Nissan the only other DPi to compare to the Caddy (then again the spec LMP2's are supposed to be the basis for BoP).

:lol::lol::lol: Hang on while we write some new rules.

So they had to end the session because the roll-back that was recovering the 10 car blew a hydraulic line on the track in the racing line.

Kind of weird that the 10 just set fastest lap, then crashes. By crashing his lap is no good because of the red flag. Time was not completed due to the red flag situation so the points leader would be given the P1 start. The 10 is the points leader.

I'd like to see Renger van der Zande P1.

We'll see.

5 minutes ago.

Because it doesn't have a Cadillac engine in the back.
So why is the Dallara the slowest LMP2 in ELMS?
That's part of the reason. On top of that, the Cadillac's version of the Dallara was definitely ran before the other dpi's, and iirc, WTR was the first to run the Dallara. I'm not sure if they ran the dpi version but they were the first or one of the first to have the chassis.

That's part of the reason. On top of that, the Cadillac's version of the Dallara was definitely ran before the other dpi's, and iirc, WTR was the first to run the Dallara. I'm not sure if they ran the dpi version but they were the first or one of the first to have the chassis.
They did run with the Cadillac bodywork back when they tested at Watkins Glen in the fall.

Hey guys, hoping to split this off into a dedicated Round 5 thread as per usual. Where should I make the incision? :)

Hey guys, hoping to split this off into a dedicated Round 5 thread as per usual. Where should I make the incision? :)
Post 1,539 (@IforceV8 post of the Friday schedule) is the post that should be used to split. I posted stuff regarding the race before that, but the stuff I posted could have season implications depending on result and should stay here. The majority of the stuff from post 1,539 onward have been about the race.

Maybe GM should break down and sell the engine to LMP1L teams looking for an engine so we can see what they actually do unrestricted. The Roar gave a glimpse of how OP it could have been (could be even more OP unrestricted now with the teams actually having a good handle on the engines), but I really think that it might have a chance of being rather competitive in a P1L.

Then again, this is the same company that still won't give Larbre the funding to run a GTE Pro entry despite Larbre being the first to win a championship with a Vette in the GT2 spec/GTE era, so I doubt it will ever happen.
I welcome this idea. Especially them giving Larbre more backing than lending them a driver every few years

Especially them giving Larbre more backing than lending them a driver every few years

As much as I would love to see a full factory WEC effort, it's just not going to happen as there's no incentive since Corvette's don't sell for crap outside of North America. Granted a full program could bolster numbers a little, but I doubt it would be enough to offset the costs of the program.

Quick reminder for everyone planning on watching in the US: The race will be aired on FS2 today from 12:30-2:30 pm today and will be rebroadcasted an FS1 at 9:30-11:30 am. Those that don't have FS2 should look at IMSA radio (straight from IMSA's radio).

Back