2019 Spanish Grand PrixFormula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 170 comments
They finally made the right call. Let see if Leclerc can catch Max

What happened to Norris? Wasn't he in the top 10 at the start??

That call was five laps too late.

LeClerc is edging up to Verstappen, but he can't match Hamilton on pace at all.

Sebastian's race just went from bad to badderer.

Pitted two laps too late.

And lost another second or two due to a sticky tire.

Gasly really needs to step up his game. Even though Vettel is struggling with tires, it's taking him so long to somewhat catch up... meanwhile Max is not giving Leclerc any quarters!

Anyone want to take bets on them forcing LeClerc to do 50% of the race on this first set of tires?

Hulkenburg has pretty much done half the distance on Mediums and that's the first half of the race where you have more fuel, The hard looks like a losing strategy.

Hulkenburg has pretty much done half the distance on Mediums and that's the first half of the race where you have more fuel, The hard looks like a losing strategy.

Right now, LeClerc is not losing too much time to Max. Looks like it might work.

But ye gods, is Ferrari screwing over Vettel by not switching them.

In the old days, they'd switch drivers on differing strategies right snappy. That's how they got Kimi his championship, and Massa within a hair of one.

Now they're too damn afraid to even wipe their noses without triple checking the condition of their handkerchiefs.

Actually I think the hards might be bang on, Hulkenburg did that distance but lost massive amount of time in the last 10 laps, the issue for Leclerc is I think Verstappen has him regardless if he is ahead after his stop, because you will have old Hards vs new Softs and even here that will be an easy overtake.

:dunce:

Interesting insight - Vettel's side was arguing that they're on different strategies, while Leclerc's side was saying he's on the same strategy.

Ferrari's been screwing up strategies since Alonso got there, but it's getting worse and worse. They're too reactive and slow.

Actually I think the hards might be bang on, Hulkenburg did that distance but lost massive amount of time in the last 10 laps, the issue for Leclerc is I think Verstappen has him regardless if he is ahead after his stop, because you will have old Hards vs new Softs and even here that will be an easy overtake.
Verstappen will have to go to mediums

Vettel stops again!

If Vettel stayed behind Gasly that would of been the ultimate embarrassment.

Gasly is basically existing.

Smart move by Vettel.

But Ferrari screwed him royally there. He probably lost a dozen seconds or more behind LeClerc before they let him through.

He shouldn't have come out anywhere near Gasly.

Back