2020 IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar ChampionshipSports Cars 

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 678 comments
Here’s my take on whether or not there needs to be a convergence, the market has clearly already spoken. It’s as simple as that. When you look at GT3’s numbers compared to GTE/GTLM, it’s pretty obvious that one is a healthy class and the other is clearly dying.

Highlights for VIR are out:

There's also a guy that posted the full race, but I'm assuming that's copyright infringement?

There's also a guy that posted the full race, but I'm assuming that's copyright infringement?

IMSA posts the races quite fast on their official YouTube channel with IMSA TV commentary (for me the preferred way) - for example Road America was on August 2nd and IMSA posted the video on August 6th. Worth the wait imho, I don't even look for other alternatives.

IMSA posts the races quite fast on their official YouTube channel with IMSA TV commentary (for me the preferred way) - for example Road America was on August 2nd and IMSA posted the video on August 6th. Worth the wait imho, I don't even look for other alternatives.

I watched it on NBCSN for the start then went on to something else because I had rather watch it uninterrupted a few days later on Youtube.

I watched it on NBCSN for the start then went on to something else because I had rather watch it uninterrupted a few days later on Youtube.

I posted here earlier the Michelin promo code for TrackPass or whatever it's called. I tried it but as it turns out, without a TV subscription (that I obviously don't have) you can get like 10 minutes. Immediate turnoff, go to RLM and live timing website, plus IMSA TV in-car cameras. If I wanna be frisky, I load up the FreeVPN app, "watch" a few ads and I'm pretending to be in Eastern Europe, et voila, IMSA TV in its full glory. I guess there's a reason we don't watch regular TV :)

I posted here earlier the Michelin promo code for TrackPass or whatever it's called. I tried it but as it turns out, without a TV subscription (that I obviously don't have) you can get like 10 minutes.

Just a heads up, for every race there are 2 streams available on the NBC Sports app. One says "NBC" in the bottom left corner, the other says "Gold".

If you choose the Gold one, you can watch full races without a TV subscription.

Last edited:
Wiz
Just a heads up, for every race there are 2 streams available on the NBC Sports app. One says "NBC" in the bottom left corner, the other says "Gold".

If you choose the Gold one, you can watch full races without a TV subscription.

Thanks, will check it!

Great, way to break up the broadcast by showing motocross and then a documentary about a horse.

I downloaded the NBCSN app, you just have to pick your cable provider and you can watch. It doesn't require gold or a subscription.

Great, way to break up the broadcast by showing motocross and then a documentary about a horse.

I downloaded the NBCSN app, you just have to pick your cable provider and you can watch. It doesn't require gold or a subscription.
Good luck getting that app to work.

It was a hefty impact for the #44, so it's good to hear Spencer's all good. A bit naughty by Pipo there though, a bit impatient and he's just served his drive-through for it.

I'm sorry but LMP2 needs to go back with the DPi's, get them as equal as possible. Having a class with only a couple cars is stupid. It's like when they had the PC class late in the season and they were just racing to avoid crashing and the result would give them a victory.
Also with Porche pulling out next year that leaves only 2 teams in GTLM. GTLM needs to merge with GTD somehow if no other entries show up.

I hate to admit it but I'd love seeing the Ford GT's back battling with the now mid engine Corvette. And even the Vipers in the mix, I loved seeing them race against Corvette.

Last edited:
I'm sorry but LMP2 needs to go back with the DPi's, get them as equal as possible.

LMP3 is supposedly coming to the main series next year, so I'm guessing either LMP2 will go away or be folded back into DPi (I'm guessing it will just go away though).

They're doing the "State of the Series" press conference on Wednesday so we will find out the '21 schedule as well as the class structure soon enough.

Where was the McLaren 720s this race?

Edit: anyone have the current points? The IMSA site always takes forever to update them.

Back