2020 IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar ChampionshipSports Cars 

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 678 comments
I think they can go for 55 minutes to an hour or so before needing fuel.
Someone correct me if I’m wrong.

That sounds about right but I just don't know if Lexus took a full load of fuel in order to get out in front of the BMW and the Ferrari.

Look at that bug on the windscreen of the 31.

edit: Breaks in the coverage like every 5 minutes. Some things never change.

Last edited:
Look at that bug on the windscreen of the 31.

edit: Breaks in the coverage like every 5 minutes. Some things never change.
It seemed like when NBCSN first took over from Fox their commercial breaks weren't as often but as time goes on it seems like their inching closer and closer to Fox's although not quite as bad. Atleast their coverage isn't as bad as Fox was how they broke it up between like 30min on FS1 then switched to FS2 (which most people didn't have) then to the app only. And also Fox used to run stupid programs on FS1 like woman's swimming or RERUNS of old MMA fights instead the IMSA races :rolleyes:. At least alot of NBCSN commercial breaks have split screen still showing the action. I remember so many times missing important passes, wrecks or battles because of Fox's commercials. And to the cherry on top was taking a commercial with like 5 min left in the race :confused::dunce:

It seemed like when NBCSN first took over from Fox their commercial breaks weren't as often but as time goes on it seems like their inching closer and closer to Fox's although not quite as bad. Atleast their coverage isn't as bad as Fox was how they broke it up between like 30min on FS1 then switched to FS2 (which most people didn't have) then to the app only. And also Fox used to run stupid programs on FS1 like woman's swimming or RERUNS of old MMA fights instead the IMSA races :rolleyes:. At least alot of NBCSN commercial breaks have split screen still showing the action. I remember so many times missing important passes, wrecks or battles because of Fox's commercials. And to the cherry on top was taking a commercial with like 5 min left in the race :confused::dunce:

I'm on the nbc trackpass subscription from the michelin promotion, so it's not that bad. But it's noticeable when the commentary drops out and comes back every 5 minutes.

I believe ESPN was similar with the ads when they had it. It was about 50 minutes of ads and 50 minutes of coverage during the Detroit race. And then they threw in some features about the tires and stuff like that, so actual on track coverage was even less than the advertising shown.

It's a big shame the partnership has come to an end so soon, given it's potential and successes. What remains now is whether either Penske or Acura remain in DPi for next year, though with LMDh regulations looming, I wonder if Penske are looking ahead. Given the current climate, I wouldn't be too surprised if Acura axed the DPi program sadly, though I'd like to see another team take over the project, especially given the rumours there's been other teams interested. If that's the case, then MSR would be an interesting bet to take over...

It's a big shame the partnership has come to an end so soon, given it's potential and successes. What remains now is whether either Penske or Acura remain in DPi for next year, though with LMDh regulations looming, I wonder if Penske are looking ahead. Given the current climate, I wouldn't be too surprised if Acura axed the DPi program sadly, though I'd like to see another team take over the project, especially given the rumours there's been other teams interested. If that's the case, then MSR would be an interesting bet to take over...

Just listened to the Sportscar365 podcast, John Dagys expects Penske to quit this season and they're apparently in talks for a future LMDh program with at least one manufacturer. As far sa the ARX-05 goes, they also mentioned - something that has been said a lot of times in the last 2 years - that other teams would be interested in running them. MSR would be certainly a good candidate! I'd be sorry for GTD losing Mario Farnbacher or Trent Hindman but would be great to see them in DPi, just like Ms Legge and Ms Nielsen.

Just listened to the Sportscar365 podcast, John Dagys expects Penske to quit this season and they're apparently in talks for a future LMDh program with at least one manufacturer. As far sa the ARX-05 goes, they also mentioned - something that has been said a lot of times in the last 2 years - that other teams would be interested in running them. MSR would be certainly a good candidate! I'd be sorry for GTD losing Mario Farnbacher or Trent Hindman but would be great to see them in DPi, just like Ms Legge and Ms Nielsen.

I had a suspicion that Penske were seriously evaluating an LMDh program, especially given how Porsche have been evaluating a return to prototypes with the onset of LMDh. Makes me put two and two together, even more so when one remembers the Penske ran Porsche RS Spyders in the ALMS, but thats just speculation for now.

With the program ending a year early, and neither agreeing on plans the future, it makes me wonder what plans Acura/Honda have for the future after DPi. As much as I'd love it, I'd be really surprised if they were looking at a future LMDh project or similar. Meantime though, it would be a big loss to lose another manufacturer (with Porsche leaving GTLM next year too, that's another issue) if both the AXR-05's don't turn up for next year. Even more a reason to get MSR on board and let them take over, having loved watching them run the NSX's successfully in GTD, and they have a great wealth of drivers to choose from as you point out.

Starworks pulled out of next week's Road America race, and will only run in the endurance races for the remainder of the season.
20200725_111203.jpg

20200725_111224.jpg

Both Watkins Glen and Lime Rock have been changed. Watkins Glen moved to Road Atlanta (Sept 4 - 6) and Lime Rock changed to the Charlotte roval (Oct 9 - 10) as stated above.
:(

Just waiting for SRO World Challenge to cancel the Watkins race.

Back