2023 IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar SeriesSports Cars 

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 544 comments
I mean...remember last year's Daytona? That finish with the Porsches. IMSA GT freakin' delivers a lot of the time.
I had to check out the last like 20 minutes... oh boy, that was fantastic!! (I assume you meant this year, right? :)) I didn't follow this year the racing that much, so missed out on these moments. It reminded me of 2019 Bathurst 12h, awesome GT battle!

Entry list for the Rolex has been posted. 60 cars: 9 factory GTPs, 10 LMP2s, 9 LMP3s, 8 GTD Pros and 24 GTDs. 7 992 GT3 Rs, 4 296 GT3s and 6 Huracan EVO 2s in the complete GT field. In the GTD Pro field there 7 manufacturers represented (Corvette, Porsche, Lexus, Aston (2x), Ferrari, Lambo and AMG), while the GTD field doesn't have the Corvette but has a McLaren, 2 Acuras and 3 M4 GT3s to boot alongside the Porsches, Ferraris, Aston, Lambos, AMGs and the other Lexus. Also, no Audis whatsoever, although that's not a big surprise.

Among the teams not having been given confirmed entries include Racing Team Turkey (LMP2), KCMG (GTD Pro), SunEnergy1 Racing (GTD) and ST Racing (GTD), among others.
I also found this tidbit encouraging:

Fifty-six of the entries have committed to the complete, four-race Michelin Endurance Cup season, with 45 cars planned for full-season WeatherTech Championship programs.

Last edited:
Maybe the P2 teams should use a 4 way lug wrench and a floor jack to change tires. Or the series can sign a sponsor who is a full service auto repair center and require the P2 cars to get a oil change and new wiper blade during the race at a shop in the infield.

I know there was a minor furor about this happening in WEC, but I don't understand the issue. IMSA/WEC have always been a tiered multi-class system. By reducing top level cars, it's only logical to knock back the LMP2 a bit as well (which were, at least recently, faster than LMP1 cars from 10-15 years ago).

LMP2 category is great but it's never been "the" top tier in either WEC/IMSA. Now, all the GTP cars could still break and an LMP2 could still win, but to me staggering performance is logical.

Question about this past season is it true the corvette racing team didn't do so good and it was cause of the gentlemen drivers?

Edit.
Man that back wing on that gt3 c8r doesn't look at cool or nice as the one the c8r uses now.

Last edited:
Question about this past season is it true the corvette racing team didn't do so good and it was cause of the gentlemen drivers?

Edit.
Man that back wing on that gt3 c8r doesn't look at cool or nice as the one the c8r uses now.
Corvettes we’re in GTD Pro, they didn’t have any gentleman drivers.

Edit.
As @TheHun99 said they didn't have any gentlemen drivers since they were in Pro only but also they're still running what is a backwards engineered GTLM car. I'm sure they are looking forwards to 2024 when their true GT3 spec car comes out.

Corvettes we’re in GTD Pro, they didn’t have any gentleman drivers.
Yes I know the reason I ask was cause I saw a post on reddit that said something like corvette team didn't do so good this season thanks to gentleman drivers.

Which got me thinking if the gentleman drivers from the GTD AM class cause the corvette wins?

Pretty sure this means Andretti is going to push Acura to go to Le Mans in '24. Love Michael, a true racer.

That's curious - to me Michael has always been a great race...but a colossal douche-bag in almost every interview/statement I've seen from the guy. I'm happy he's got a lot going on in motorsport, but he's never impressed me at all, as a person.

Legge is back behind the wheel of an Acura, this time with Sheena Monk in a Gradient ran car.

Unknown.jpeg

I hope Legge can have a good few final seasons. I don't know how much she's raced since her fairly serious crash a year or two ago. Good looking car, and Sheena Monk isn't too bad. I know Legge is getting up there in age, but she's had some good drives with IMSA.

I do admit, without reading that she was going into an Acura, I glanced at the pic and immediately thought it was an Audi R8. "That" shape really is just everywhere now. Tough to tell some of the cars apart at a glance.

I'm super excited about the Roar and the Rolex 24 now with the GTP cars and how the 9 cars will get through the race. I hope that my Peacock sub is enough for the race, although I probably will tune in to the IMSA Radio coverage, as well to hear the familiar voices. I missed out on the whole ALMS and WEC LMP1 era (only followed the Audi streak from far away per se), the last big beginnings I remember witnessing were the Alfa 155s dominating in touring cars from 1992 (plus the rise of Class 2/Supertouring) and the BPR GT series also in the '90s.

I'm super excited about the Roar and the Rolex 24 now with the GTP cars and how the 9 cars will get through the race. I hope that my Peacock sub is enough for the race, although I probably will tune in to the IMSA Radio coverage, as well to hear the familiar voices. I missed out on the whole ALMS and WEC LMP1 era (only followed the Audi streak from far away per se), the last big beginnings I remember witnessing were the Alfa 155s dominating in touring cars from 1992 (plus the rise of Class 2/Supertouring) and the BPR GT series also in the '90s.
You should be good with Peacock. I'm pretty sure that's how I watched the entire race last year. I did have to change tiles or feeds two or three times I think but I'm pretty sure I watched it all on Peacock.

I watch the full season on YouTube, as I vastlye prefer the LeMan radio broadcast team. However it means I watch everything 3-4 days late. I don't stay up to date with any social media that covers racing (for that exact reason). But it's great to just watch zero commercials with better commentary.

I watch the full season on YouTube, as I vastlye prefer the LeMan radio broadcast team. However it means I watch everything 3-4 days late. I don't stay up to date with any social media that covers racing (for that exact reason). But it's great to just watch zero commercials with better commentary.
I watch the endurance races live and then go back and watch them again on the Youtube channel. But the shorter ones I wait and watch on Youtube.

Last edited:
That's curious - to me Michael has always been a great race...but a colossal douche-bag in almost every interview/statement I've seen from the guy. I'm happy he's got a lot going on in motorsport, but he's never impressed me at all, as a person.
I get what your saying, I'm not saying he has great character - but his passion for racing is second to none. The dude wants to be in every major formula in the world.

He's going to be 'Mr. Motorsport' in the US when Roger Penske passes away.

Back