2023 IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar SeriesSports Cars 

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 544 comments
I'll take this conclusion over yet another "Toyota 1-2 EZ GAME" anytime.
Frankly, having over half a field that's brand new and/or essentially tripping over themselves tends to guarantee that the winning team that's been here for over a decade will...keep on winning. As said before, its everyone else that needs to step up.

Last edited:
1681559463070.png

Spotters Guide

Qualifying video:

Qualifying results

Live stream via IMSA TV (where available)

Live Timing

Race start is 2100 UTC on Saturday April 15

Last edited:
What an ending. Probably the most exciting Long Beach race I've seen in awhile! Nice to see BMW up on the podium after a dreadful Daytona opener.

I was there today and got up close and personal with the cars and oh my god the sounds! Just sublime and what an awesome time. Will be there again tomorrow.

Great race and awesome to see Porsche and BMW at the top. I’m not a fan of the Acuras or Cadillacs but damn they looked plenty quick during practice.

JDC has received their Porsche and will be able to make their debut at Laguna Seca.

Assuming that’s the final livery I’m surprised they kept the #5 considering it seems Mustang Sampling is no longer with the team. Love that the Banana Boat is back though even if it is the wrong number.

JDC has received their Porsche and will be able to make their debut at Laguna Seca.

Assuming that’s the final livery I’m surprised they kept the #5 considering it seems Mustang Sampling is no longer with the team. Love that the Banana Boat is back though even if it is the wrong number.
Didn't Action Express have both the #31 and the #5 but sold the #5 to JDC-Miller? I would assume the #5 belongs to JDC-Miller regardless of who the sponsor is. Kind of like NASCAR in that the car number belongs to the team.

The lack of news regarding LMP3 already had me thinking this was bound to happen, but this announcement was the massive giveaway for me.

Last edited:
Btw one of the commentators (not Jeremy) made a comment about gran turismo after on the prototypes had to pit earlx and then overtake the whole field; it was something along the lines of "like a challenge in gran turismo where you have to start from behind and overtake all the slower cars"

(the same driver who crashed #3 in spa, tyre wearmes and stuff :D)
An accident that wasn't caused by driver error or lack of tire warmers.

Speaking with Sportscar365, O’Gara confirmed that Renger van der Zande’s massive crash at Eau Rouge in the third round of the FIA World Endurance Championship season was caused by an electrical fault and not driver error.

“What was discovered was that there’s an electrical connection issue that caused the steering to momentarily seize up,” he explained.

“The good news is that we’ve found the issue and we have a counter-measure in place now, so it’s not going to happen again."

Last edited:
Back