A-spec Expert Level Rain Meisters: Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 229 comments
A car that is fun to play with for both the Rain Meisters and Muscle Car events is the Acura HSC '04.

I just tried to enter this event, but it won't let me! The game shows zero eligible cars. I have a few hundred cars and many of them are below 500PP, but whatever I select it won't let me in. Has anyone else had this problem or anyone know of a solution?

I just tried to enter this event, but it won't let me! The game shows zero eligible cars. I have a few hundred cars and many of them are below 500PP, but whatever I select it won't let me in. Has anyone else had this problem or anyone know of a solution?
Need to buy and fit Full Wet tyres on your car to be eligible

That's really weird, you sure you went with heavy tires and not intermediate? Also cars like the mugen s2000 and other tuned cars aren't eligible.

Not exactly the fastest car out there, but when trying to find a fast evolution I came across the Mitsubishi cz-3 tarmac awd and ran a 8:17 with consecutive 2:35's. Pretty neutral in big turns and oversteers in tight turns, was really fun to drive,.

I've noticed that I had few or no cars that were eligible at times. I go into my garage and can find one and verify that it meets the requirements then select it and it works fine, but the game didn't automatically "find" it.

Ridiculous as it sounds this is the most satisfying result I've had in the game for ages. Trying to work out how to get this thing round the track reasonably quickly has been quite an adventure. If anyone wants to have a go I am willing to share my tune. (That will be a first)

Power Limiter to 500PP
BB 0/10
TCS 1, ABS 1, SRF on.

Trying to get it to turn was the biggest problem. The front wheels are virtually useless. I tried using the handbrake but my skills are not really up to it so ended up just using it at the final chicane. Blanchiment can be taken quicker by putting two wheels on the grass for the turn-in to get some extra rotation. Other than that it was just brake early and hard all the way up to the apex. On the up side it's impossible to spin out.
If someone told me two weeks ago I'd spend most of my time driving the Tank in the next set of seasonals I'd have thought them mad. Well done Jay for creating a truly awful but compelling car.

20150909_205653.jpg

I'm gonna try Yellowbird with ballast in the center position.

My current BTR tune is pretty much undriveable in the rain. :guilty:

I've noticed that I had few or no cars that were eligible at times. I go into my garage and can find one and verify that it meets the requirements then select it and it works fine, but the game didn't automatically "find" it.
Do they have the Full Wet Tyres fitted? If not the game doesn't see them as qualifying - a little stupid unfortunately.

I finally tried it with my RS6 (sedan).

First time around, I was really babying it. Didn't go too well:

ySCpFFm.jpg

So I retried and drove more aggressively. (Also adjusted the brake bias to 4/6.) It turned out much better:

N95XsBE.jpg

Though that time wouldn't have been good enough for 1st in my first attempt, but I guess the F40 was acting as a more effective roadblock on my second attempt.

My current BTR tune is pretty much undriveable in the rain. :guilty:
If it makes you feel any better, I find the stock BTR to be undrivable in the dry. :)

Race is way too easy. finished with over 30 second lead in a stock Range Rover Evoque. done that about 5 times and moved on to a stock TVR V8S and that was just as easy. tried a number of other cars and same story.

I'm by no means an expert racer but anyone who's struggled with this needs some more practice lol

Race is way too easy. finished with over 30 second lead in a stock Range Rover Evoque. done that about 5 times and moved on to a stock TVR V8S and that was just as easy. tried a number of other cars and same story.

I'm by no means an expert racer but anyone who's struggled with this needs some more practice lol

I think a lot of people that are difficulty with this race are running with zero aids. With aids I am very fast at this event, without aids it took almost everything I could do to win with stock yellow bird. (I think I even used abs on one for that)

I think a lot of people that are difficulty with this race are running with zero aids. With aids I am very fast at this event, without aids it took almost everything I could do to win with stock yellow bird. (I think I even used abs on one for that)

Strange, i'm a novice racer at best and found it very easy. the first time i raced it with the Evoque got penalised twice for ramming while breaking coming up to a corner/bend because i couldn't see the track or cars in front due to the spray and still won.

To be a bit more detailed. i struggled to get to the front of the pack but when i did the pack fell away very quickly.

There are cars this challenge can be won easily with with abs only but some people trying in the tank car or other vehicles I'd imagine it would be extremely difficult. With aids I have been but under 8:20, with abs only I'm much slower, but still beat competition with ease. I think some people (me included) had difficulty with this race with stock yellow bird ran it specifically because it's difficult. If you can smoke the competition the 100% stock and power limited to 500pp that's a decent accomplishment. Normally I can run fast in this game, and I found the stock yellow bird uncooperative here.

As for ramming the competition, for some reason every car I run here starts with the high beam headlights on. (The brights) In a foggy or heavy spray condition it's much harder to see with brights on. The first thing I do when starting this race is turn on the low beam headlights it's much easier to see cars through the water spraying from behind cars

The first thing I do when starting this race is turn on the low beam headlights
At the risk of sounding like a noob, how is this done? Iv'e pressed every button to no avail. It seems like all cars now drive with their brights on in every seasonal with no way to adjust them. Has it always been like this, or haven't I been paying attention?

At the risk of sounding like a noob, how is this done? Iv'e pressed every button to no avail. It seems like all cars now drive with their brights on in every seasonal with no way to adjust them. Has it always been like this, or haven't I been paying attention?
I think it's always been like this. At some tracks like the nurburgring low beams help a lot. I went to the game options and remapped the high beam/low beam to triangle button, I think you can assign it whatever button you want. I use the left joystick for steering, and I don't want to have to click it down while controlling steering.

The difficulty of this event is greatly increased with the use of rear wheel drive cars (compared to using AWD vehicles). And, as always, if you're using driving aids but finding the event "easy", then turn them off.

Personally, I've had a lot of fun with this event. Normally, I don't enjoy driving in the rain that much, but I think because it's Spa that I haven't really minded it much. I don't mind admitting that I've struggled a bit with some rear wheel drive cars. Using the Yellowbird, for instance, with no driving aids (even ABS turned off) was a mighty struggle for me. I tend to have a heavy right foot. :D :lol:

That would be awesome. Thanks! TBH, I've always feared that car.

Yellow Bird Tune

Parts

Wheels Inch Up:2 OZ Racing

Weight Reduction Stage 3

Dog-Clutch Transmission

Limited Slip Differential

Fully Customizable Suspension

Racing Brakes

Tune

Suspension

100-120

3.65-6.65