GT Sport Update 1.47 Arrives, Introducing Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps

• Thread starter AKps3
  • 317 comments
Porsche 962C around Spa is pure awesomeness.
I did many laps in the 962 around Spa in Assetto Corsa. Pleased to say it looks and feels very similar. Of course with that extra visual polish PD always deliver.

In fact Gr.3 is also great fun too. Like Suzuka the flow really suits powerful, high downforce, race cars.

Happy to see the response Spa is getting. I was going to list some of the bizarre reasons people had to keep Spa out of the game, but no reason to re-open that can of worms.

Looks like there's a new track coming according to the FIA schedule, and it doesn't appear to be a wet track (but could be wrong). But as long as PD doesn't tweet anything out and not release it, we probably won't have a situation like Spa again. I'm interested in seeing where the features go from here!

This update also kills the electric cars, no one noticed but the Tesla now accelerates like a dam station wagon, slow as hell... 1.47 totally messed these cars up... before the update the Tesla was like a real Tesla with o-60 in under 3 secs... now even with the engine hp increased to max it still does 0-60 in like 6 secs... what the hell... Why did they do this... The Tesla and the Porsche drive like ****, now....

here is what the car use to be like before the update, which was perfect...

The Tesla feels exactly the same now as it did before this update

The Taycan is nimble and rapid enough to get around Nordschleife with SS tyres...but I'm not finding it an inspiring driving experience...think I'm missing the vroom vroom music of a combustion engine. Without engine notes, electric cars feel to me, rather soul-less.

Porsche Taycan Turbo S @ Nurburgring Nordschleife

Well that is just odd. I go into other cars, hit the right trigger, and off they go like a prom dress. Get in the Taycan, and it just sits there.

I have no idea why that should be the case. However, if it's any consolation, it's a terrible car to drive in a sim. Sell it.

I have no idea why that should be the case. However, if it's any consolation, it's a terrible car to drive in a sim. Sell it.
The only thing I can think of is that it's setup as a manual? It does rev. Though I have never used manual in the game.

Extended weekend out of town, but finally got to enjoy the update goodies :)

Took the Aventador around the Nordschleife. Amazing vehicle. Great power, good turn-in. Can get the car to break traction being aggressive on exit. Wouldn't call it darty, by any means - suffers from some very managable mid-corner understeer if pushed too hard.

Vehicle showcase/VR Nordschleife hotlap (1:50)

Extended weekend out of town, but finally got to enjoy the update goodies :)

Took the Aventador around the Nordschleife. Amazing vehicle. Great power, good turn-in. Can get the car to break traction being aggressive on exit. Wouldn't call it darty, by any means - suffers from some very managable mid-corner understeer if pushed too hard.

Vehicle showcase/VR Nordschleife hotlap (1:50)

Nice video :cheers:, and I can not wait to tune the car soon 👍.

Why the HELL do I need to clear 75Gb off my console for today's tiny 158mb patch?! This is getting beyond stupid now. It was one thing doing it it for the update a couple days ago, but this takes the biscuit. Had to uninstall several smaller games yet again.

That's still because you need enough free space on the PS4 to copy the entire game, because that's exactly what the PS4 does. It's how the PS4's file system operates.

I see.So the system copies the entire game to a different part of the hard drive then deletes the original copy of the game that was in the original location?Or am i off the mark.lol
I never took any notice of the copying thing until recently,i normally go and do something else whilst it updates,do you know why it does it this way?Xbone seems to just update and your away to play.

I see.So the system copies the entire game to a different part of the hard drive then deletes the original copy of the game that was in the original location?Or am i off the mark.lol
I never took any notice of the copying thing until recently,i normally go and do something else whilst it updates,do you know why it does it this way?Xbone seems to just update and your away to play.

I never took notice either, until it gets to the point that im having to delete games i still enjoy playing to make space that 20 minutes later isnt even needed, because it was just to make a copy that gets deleted immediately after.

I once thought that the perfect solution would be to delete GTS itself, but that turned into a huge mistake that i wont repeat again, as it deletes all your photos as they arent included in the game save!

So yeah, having to leave 75GB completely unused on my console now. Even for patches that are TINY. As i say, 158mb last night. But requires 75GB of hardrive space.

I never took notice either, until it gets to the point that im having to delete games i still enjoy playing to make space that 20 minutes later isnt even needed, because it was just to make a copy that gets deleted immediately after.

I once thought that the perfect solution would be to delete GTS itself, but that turned into a huge mistake that i wont repeat again, as it deletes all your photos as they arent included in the game save!

So yeah, having to leave 75GB completely unused on my console now. Even for patches that are TINY. As i say, 158mb last night. But requires 75GB of hardrive space.

I agree. I deleted 2 complete games for that one tiny update.

Why the HELL do I need to clear 75Gb off my console for today's tiny 158mb patch?! This is getting beyond stupid now. It was one thing doing it it for the update a couple days ago, but this takes the biscuit. Had to uninstall several smaller games yet again.

This only seems to be Sony games that have this problem, GT Sport and MLB The Show are two off the top of my head that do this, other companies games just seem to install the update if there's enough space on the HDD for the update alone.

I agree. I deleted 2 complete games for that one tiny update.
This only seems to be Sony games that have this problem, GT Sport and MLB The Show are two off the top of my head that do this, other companies games just seem to install the update if there's enough space on the HDD for the update alone.
It's to do with the way the PlayStation file system works, and it applies to all games. I've covered it on here before, but:
The PS4's file system (Orbis OS, based on FreeBSD, using the ZFS file system) - and the PS3's file system before it, which was pretty much the same - updates existing files by:
* Download update file into free space
* Write temporary version of original file in free space
* Apply update to temporary version of file
* Verify new file
* Write new file over original file

With game updates, the original file is the entire game install. Sometimes, it doesn't need to take the whole game - sometimes it can get away with only taking a 4GB block (in which case it will need 8GB + reserved space) - but typically anything that includes content and bug fixes will need to take the whole game. Ever wonder why the "Copying" takes longer than the download? It's because the PS4 is writing the entire game file to HDD twice.

In addition FreeBSD reserves 8% of any HDD by default. So that means that if you have a 500GB PS4 and are getting lucky with a narrow-focus update requiring only a 4GB block, you'll need 48GB of free space to apply an update. Or rather 46GB, as FreeBSD reports disk space differently.

On the bright side, it also means that the disk never gets fragmented, so there's that.

Back