Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 134,762 comments
after
__custom_showroom_1701359339.jpg

before
__custom_showroom_1700954622.jpg

@lorelord I think there might be a error on your Patreon. A slightly modified version of @shi's freely-available 1980s Fuji port seems to be locked behind your paywall.
This kind of misunderstanding might make valuable content creators reconsider their efforts, if the work they do for free and for the benefit of the community is claimed and used to line other people's pockets.
Hopefully it's all just a mistake than can be easily corrected.

1701363881917.png

For those who are 'purists' like me, I share a small pack for Sergio Loro´s Formula Juniors Cars. What is inside?

• Real Badges and names for all the cars (Stanguellini, Mitter and Elva)
  • Real pilots

Even though most of the liveries don't really match the ones the drivers used in the races, I think this is a good way to give the races a 'real touch', as I doubt anyone will make real skins for these cars. But the drivers are in the cars they actually used in the races (that is, whoever drove a Mitter, has their name on the Mitter, and etc.)

The names portray some of the drivers who raced between 1959/60 in European Formula Junior races. The same goes for the Mecanica Nacional Argentina skins: all the car names depict drivers who actually competed in single-seaters races in the country, between 1960/62.

CREDITS

John B. Ellis - Sergio Loro Formula Junior UI Real Names and Badges (Stanguellini and Mitter)
Parrilla - Mitter-DKW and Modena Formula Junior Mecanica Nacional skinpacks
Me - Research of the names, fixing UIs, JSON´s and Badges

Thanks for this. Unfortunately, the Stanguellini still has the "Sergio Loro" badge on both the nose and the steering wheel and the Elva still says "Alba" on the nose. I'm not savvy enough to make good texture replacements, so I humbly ask if a more versed someone is willing to make them.

We were getting odd behaviour at the start with the old AI, with the two lead cars stopping almost immediately and causing a pile-up. Some other changes were then made which might have compromised things for different cars.
I'm guessing you're not seeing the same pile-up at the start?
If not, can you please upload your full data folder from the old track (which I no longer have) and we'll do more testing.
Thanks.

Will test a bit more with a few cars later and upload if it seems to be working.

@DaWallace, a thin sliver of road can be seen through the carbon louvres on your Ford Mustang GT4 from the cockpit view, but can be fixed with:
Code:
[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE = 1
MESHES = ext_carbon
CULL_MODE=DOUBLESIDED

Hold on, I missed that - there's a CSP tweak to make double sided elements!

Last edited:
@lorelord I think there might be a error on your Patreon. A slightly modified version of @shi's freely-available 1980s Fuji port seems to be locked behind your paywall.
This kind of misunderstanding might make valuable content creators reconsider their efforts, if the work they do for free and for the benefit of the community is claimed and used to line other people's pockets.
Hopefully it's all just a mistake than can be easily corrected.

View attachment 1307731
all tracks will be publicly released once past beta stage. the new csp has caused an issue with some of the trees on some tracks. i've spoken to @shi before i started.

the plan is to release all the tracks in one go once of an acceptable standard so i can return to cars.

if any actual track modders wish to help speed up the process any help would be much appreciated.

just for the record the previous post clearly states:

Untitled.png

Last edited:
I'm not familiar with the more recent versions of Pure, and with a recent re-entry I've been taking a look at this "Pure Planner".

I feel like an idiot - how does the Pure Planner works in tandem with Content Manager? I looked at it and assumed you select the "Pure" option in CM Drive under Weather, and then the standard preset in the Pure submenu. Everything does seem to be working, but not until the Pure planner is opened. It will not run automatically, and just show a static, identical track and ambient temperature until the planner is opened.

Is there no way to just have Pure weather launch on boot without any input? Is everything just controlled from the app in-game, and is launching the planner a requirement? And what is this "Direct to Pure" option that's greyed out? Is that what I'm looking for, and just not implemented yet?

Thanks to anyone who may know.

all tracks will be publicly released once past beta stage. the new csp has caused an issue with some of the trees on some tracks. i've spoken to @shi before i started.

the plan is to release all the tracks in one go once of an acceptable standard so i can return to cars.

if any actual track modders wish to help speed up the process any help would be much appreciated.

just for the record the previous post clearly states:

View attachment 1307753
Ah, I figured it must have been a mistake - thanks.
Was just a little concerned to see one of @shi's tracks behind a paywall, that was all.

X90
I'm not familiar with the more recent versions of Pure, and with a recent re-entry I've been taking a look at this "Pure Planner".

I feel like an idiot - how does the Pure Planner works in tandem with Content Manager? I looked at it and assumed you select the "Pure" option in CM Drive under Weather, and then the standard preset in the Pure submenu. Everything does seem to be working, but not until the Pure planner is opened. It will not run automatically, and just show a static, identical track and ambient temperature until the planner is opened.

Is there no way to just have Pure weather launch on boot without any input? Is everything just controlled from the app in-game, and is launching the planner a requirement? And what is this "Direct to Pure" option that's greyed out? Is that what I'm looking for, and just not implemented yet?

Thanks to anyone who may know.
Works perfectly for me. I have Pure selected as Weather style under Weather FX settings, and from the Drive page Weather menu I've selected Controllers -> Pure Static.
With these settings I never have to touch Pure Planner.

I've never seen a "Direct to Pure" option, so I don't know what that is.

Last edited:
@DaWallace, a thin sliver of road can be seen through the carbon louvres on your Ford Mustang GT4 from the cockpit view, but can be fixed with:
Code:
[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE = 1
MESHES = ext_carbon
CULL_MODE=DOUBLESIDED
The GT4 cars will get a complete overhaul, incl. new tyres, new shader & material settings, new extension config and so on. So this will be fixed then automaticaly. 😊

Here are some screenshots i borrowed from ChemFlummi, who is helping us on the GT4 cars:
20231031-225938-Mercedes_AMG_GT4.png
20231031-225819-Mercedes_AMG_GT4.png
20231107-212459-Mercedes_AMG_GT4.png
SPOILER_20231101-004428-Mercedes_AMG_GT4.png
20231107-215801-Mercedes_AMG_GT4_EVO.png
20231107-215836-Mercedes_AMG_GT4.png
20231108-232346-Audi_R8_GT4_2018.png

Last edited:
Do you plan making a 2001/2002 Bentley EXP Speed 8 or the 2002 Panoz LMP which has different nose design?

Bentley-BC4.jpg

7bf3b72ec22caef47ef95e1cb9c94186.jpg

Works perfectly for me. I have Pure selected as Weather style under Weather FX settings, and from the Drive page Weather menu I've selected Controllers -> Pure Static.
With these settings I never have to touch Pure Planner.

I've never seen a "Direct to Pure" option, so I don't know what that is.
Yeah I believe I tried this Pure Static controller briefly, it gave the same result - static ambient and track temperature. And of course, Pure is indeed the controller in the CSP WeatherFX tab.

I'll have a look again.

EDIT: Still not working - ambient and track temp are static and 5C under what CM should designate them as. I'm going to try a reinstall of Pure.

The Direct to Pure option is a greyed out "P" in the Pure Planner. "C" is highlighted on the upper left, and is the only selectable "letter" of three possible letters. Direct to Pure is the last one. No idea what it does and whether it even works - read through the Readmes and couldn't find a thing.

Last edited:
X90
Yeah I believe I tried this Pure Static controller briefly, it gave the same result - static ambient and track temperature. And of course, Pure is indeed the controller in the CSP WeatherFX tab.

I'll have a look again.

The Direct to Pure option is a greyed out "P" in the Pure Planner. "C" is highlighted on the upper left, and is the only selectable "letter" of three possible letters. Direct to Pure is the last one. No idea what it does and whether it even works - read through the Readmes and couldn't find a thing.
Ah, no wonder I hadn't noticed that option, I rarely use Pure Planner for anything. But Pure Planner actually shows an explanation for it:

1701375705096.png

Last edited:
Hope you'll smooth the other GT models you converted eventually, I was eagerly waiting to see them all in AC someday.
Hey dude, talking about eagerly awaiting stuff, how's your suppa duppa big NASA PC coming along ? Ready to tackle on them big mods you've talked about ? It's been 4 years and some, it's time, I can't wait anymore !

Thanks...

Alternative ext_config for @Masscot updated Interlagos 1975 track. It adds @Quikslvr rain_fx addition as well as a tweak to the light settings to have them turn on when it rains. I included the original config in case I screwed something up.

On another note, I tried the latest CSP and Pure versions last night (was still using 1.80preview9 and Pure 0.193) and the grass_fx looks really weird. Did something change with it in the latest CSP and\or Pure versions or has anyone else noticed a difference? It almost looked blue and was really bright. I'd post a pic, but I already went back to what I was using.
I think the latest csp has something weird and unpredictable going on with season adjustments, at least for me. Could that be it?

Hi. Great work. Did I hear you are doing the Reynard 2KQ

Attachments

• IMG_0415.jpeg
    IMG_0415.jpeg
    50.5 KB · Views: 7
I already wrote I reported it.
Since the issue only showed up recently it may(or may not) be a CSP thing.
It may take some time to find a solution.
Thanks, but in fact, i am interesting in know how i could fix this, because others tracks, like glendale, the shadows are differents when the cars are over the road or over the groove, and here there are many modders, maybe someone know how to fix these shadows problems.

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back