Thank you for your replies.BCRC are terrible
I decided to give both ACF and BCRC a go and... immediately came to the same conclusion. "Archived" to bin and URD/RSS/VRC it stays!
Thank you for your replies.BCRC are terrible
BCRC are terrible
ACF is used in LFM. Maybe it's a reason to keep it. But for private and offline grids, in terms of GT3, URD, followed by RSS, are hard to beat. The new URD M4 is an unmissable masterpiece.Thank you for your replies.
I decided to give both ACF and BCRC a go and... immediately came to the same conclusion. "Archived" to bin and URD/RSS/VRC it stays!
Yes, but it's a 2026 rendition of Daytona. It's better than the Reboot version (which is in itself is great, it's just JR777 track has fantastic road mesh and visuals).But Pyyer's IMSA extensions do not work with that track do they?
I have version 1.3.7
Also see these skin files I've outlined? All of them installed completely with no issues and I did it the same way as the Daytona extension. Double click the file, cut the content file and paste it into assettocorsa.
![]()
The fact that LFM is using bottom of the barrel content is wild tbh. You'd think they'd want to give their userbase an decent set of cars to race with but no. Give them the most generic crap possible instead lolView attachment 1511238
ACF is used in LFM. Maybe it's a reason to keep it. But for private and offline grids, in terms of GT3, URD, followed by RSS, are hard to beat. The new URD M4 is an unmissable masterpiece.
I agree, but what can be done... In terms of platforms for online public grids, it's still the best I know for AC1. Unfortunately, URD and RSS don't have their own servers for their cars (at least, I'm not aware of any), and I don't know of any platform that uses them either. IMHO, a missed commercial opportunity.The fact that LFM is using bottom of the barrel content is wild tbh. You'd think they'd want to give their userbase an decent set of cars to race with but no. Give them the most generic crap possible instead lol
I don't know if I'm going to say something stupid, because I've never played online, but... could be that the mods used in these online competitions are "simpler" to be more manageable by PCs of all types (and not just NASA ones) and thus avoid technical problems during gameplay as much as possible?The fact that LFM is using bottom of the barrel content is wild tbh. You'd think they'd want to give their userbase an decent set of cars to race with but no. Give them the most generic crap possible instead lol
It's for ease of access purposes.The fact that LFM is using bottom of the barrel content is wild tbh. You'd think they'd want to give their userbase an decent set of cars to race with but no. Give them the most generic crap possible instead lol
Updated to v1.1V8 Supercars 2011
![]()
I initially released these in 2014 on another forum... just started getting into AC again and needed to freshen these up to somewhere near the current standards.
Updates include:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/k5la4t8ncmydew6/V8SC2011.zip/file
- new tyres, somewhere between V8Corsa and BCRC
- CSP functionality with wipers, lights, flames etc
- upscaled interior textures
- fixed driver animations to avoid clipping through the steering wheel
Enjoy
(edit-updated download link)
Ooo, I can see some corner exit habits I'll need to break, right thereAfter having some success with the Ascari area, I decided to try my luck moving the sand around Lesmo. For Ascari, I 'borrowed' meshes from another track and adjusted them fit into mine. For Lesmo, i'm taking what I learned and trying to do everything myself. So far it's going pretty good and I think I will be able to get all the sand areas moved closer to the road for 2025. Don't know that I can get them as close as they should be, but things will hopefully look at little more accurate.
Not a huge change, but worth the effort just for the learning experience. Haven't done the other Lesmo turn area yet.
Before:
View attachment 1511373
Afer:
View attachment 1511374
Hi mate, where can I find the link to get it?After having some success with the Ascari area, I decided to try my luck moving the sand around Lesmo. For Ascari, I 'borrowed' meshes from another track and adjusted them fit into mine. For Lesmo, i'm taking what I learned and trying to do everything myself. So far it's going pretty good and I think I will be able to get all the sand areas moved closer to the road for 2025. Don't know that I can get them as close as they should be, but things will hopefully look at little more accurate.
Not a huge change, but worth the effort just for the learning experience. Haven't done the other Lesmo turn area yet.
Before:
View attachment 1511373
Afer:
View attachment 1511374
Hmmm, am I losing something? what is so funny about the post? (legit question)I have found this in the car URD dallas hypercar...is it safe?
local base_char,keywords=128,{"and","break","do","else","elseif","end","false","for","function","if","in","local","nil","not","or","repeat","return","then","true","until","while","getScriptSetupValue","mguCutoffSpeed","mguDeploySpeed","controllerInputs","kersmult","car","mgukDelivery","drivetrainTorque","DataLUT11","overrideGasInput","bopAdjustPerMGU","carData","mguDeploySpeedLockedOut","isInPitlane","speedKmh","debug","index","ac","'-mgu-50-data.controllerInputs[5]='","data","'BOP_POWER'","'MGU_MINDS'","'MGU_MAXDS'","ratio","rpm","get","'-mgu-10-urd.isInPitlane='","'-mgu-60-tempTestMessage='","'-mgu-20-mguDeploySpeed='","'-mgu-30-mguCutoffSpeed='","'-mgu-40-kersmult='","'power_480_40.lut'","'power_500_20.lut'","'power_490_30.lut'","'power_510_10.lut'","'power_470_50.lut'","gear","script","'power_520.lut'","urd","'BOP Override'","isAIControlled","isInMainMenu","isICERunning","kersCharge","'BOP OK'","update","'BLIP'",}; function prettify(code) return code:gsub("["..string.char(base_char).."-"..string.char(base_char+#keywords).."]",
function (c) return keywords[c:byte()-base_char]; end) end return assert(loadstring(prettify[===[package.preload['a_urd_mgu']=(‰(...)Œ c=§.ž.¡(›.¦,¼)Œ p=§.ž.¡(›.¦,¸)Œ i=§.ž.¡(›.¦,¶)Œ d=§.ž.¡(›.¦,·)Œ o=§.ž.¡(›.¦,µ)Œ m=§.ž.¡(›.¦,¹)Œ n=§.–(ª)()Œ r=''Œ u=0
Œ a=‡
Œ t=0
Œ g=200
Œ l=0
Œ e=0
˜=§.–(«)()—=§.–(¬)()‰ ()Š ›.œ==1 ’
e=p:¯(›.®)†
Š ›.œ==2 ’
e=i:¯(›.®)†
Š ›.œ==3 ’
e=d:¯(›.®)†
Š ›.œ==4 ’
e=o:¯(›.®)†
Š ›.œ==5 ’
e=m:¯(›.®)†
Š ›.Â*100<1 ’
e=c:¯(›.®)†
Š ›.œ==0 š==0 ’
e=c:¯(›.®)†
Š(›.>(e*n))’
=((e*n)/›.)§.Ÿ()r=¾„
=©.gas
§.Ÿ()r=Æ
†
‰ ».Ä(e)Š sim.À ’
n=§.–(ª)()u=›.º
˜=§.–(«)()—=§.–(¬)()†
Š(˜>=—)’
—=350
†
Š Ž ›.¿ ’
Š ½.Á Ž a ’
()Š Ž ½.£ ’
Š(›.¤>˜ ›.¤<—)’
š=1
©.™[5]=š
„
š=0
©.™[5]=š
†
†
†
„
Š Ž ½.£ ’
Š(›.¤>˜ ›.¤<—)’
š=1
©.™[5]=š
¢=‡
„
š=0
©.™[5]=š
¢=“
†
†
()†
Š u~=›.º ’
a=“
u=›.º
†
Š a ’
Š t<g ’
t=t+1
§.Ÿ(math.huge)r=Å„
t=0
a=‡
†
†
Š l<=›. ’
l=›.
†
§.¥(°,½.£)§.¥(²,˜)§.¥(³,—)§.¥(´,š)§.¥(¨,©.™[5])§.¥(±,r)†
‰ ».reset()†
†)Œ c=§.ž.¡(›.¦,¼)Œ d=§.ž.¡(›.¦,¸)Œ p=§.ž.¡(›.¦,¶)Œ g=§.ž.¡(›.¦,·)Œ o=§.ž.¡(›.¦,µ)Œ m=§.ž.¡(›.¦,¹)Œ n=§.–(ª)()Œ r=''Œ u=0
Œ a=‡
Œ t=0
Œ i=200
Œ l=0
Œ e=0
˜=§.–(«)()—=§.–(¬)()‰ ()Š ›.œ==1 ’
Well. After couple of days later I reinstalled Assetto.Uninstalled. Assetto was my favourite game but now it is gone. I had too many cars all over the internet, disgord, you name it. I just downloaded everything that I found that was interesting. So sad but I just dont want to risk it.
Think that nobody can give you an answer because it’s personal. Like I hate to drive in circuits that do not have spectators or are from an modern age (1970+) Think the best way is to check the Breathe track list and select the preferred period of year. Then it’s just a matter of test drive and see what you like. One tip avoid tracks that are converted from old antique race games (full off low poly 2D objects) or old tracks that have received the last update in 2017.Well. After couple of days later I reinstalled Assetto.
Couple of downloads later I have CSP, Pure and all my previous settings and 441 cars.
Maybe it was good to do some "cleaning". I had too many same cars and some horrible Forza or Gran Turismo rips. Now I have only cars that are good. Just some more tracks from Overtake and I am done!
I love Donington park, what is best version of that track?
You can check on the listing here : AC Tracks Listing 3.2 by BreatheI love Donington park, what is best version of that track?
Found something here that can helpCan anyone suggest a good config for silver-grey metallic paint, something akin to Hamilton's old Mercedes-AMG Petronas "Silver Arrows" F1 livery (the '13-'21 silver one, not the later black one).
I've come up with something that's OK, but it can lose the metallic effect depending on sun angle. Ideally the brightness and metallic effect would remain consistent no matter where it's viewed from.
View attachment 1511388
Thanks very much - I'll give that a go. Cheers!Found something here that can help
Mercedes Sauber C9 Realistic/Better Paintjob and Interior
[Material_CarPaint_Metallic]
Materials = EXT_body_paint
BrightnessAdjustment = 0.75
FresnelC = 0.05
FresnelMax = 0.16
ColoredSpecular = 0.75
AmbientSpecular = 3
AmbientSpecularEXP = 6
SpecularBase = 1, 35
ClearCoatThickness = 0.1
ClearCoatIOR = 1.05
The encrypted/obufuscated code at the end... however benign it may appear to be.Hmmm, am I losing something? what is so funny about the post? (legit question)
Hmmm, am I losing something? what is so funny about the post? (legit question)
No link yet. I'm still working on it.Hi mate, where can I find the link to get it?
ps if is possible as last time via Mega bcs mediafire takes long long time.
Thanks
I'm not sure. I'll have to check the lines and see what they look like.@Tetri: AIW Questions/Suggestions for today...
- is there any way to save the Closer Racing and Prevent Ramming slider settings? It would be nice if they loaded at startup. They seem to do a fine job. (do they contradict each other somewhat?)
- I need two more zones to work with! Plus a zone for pitlane in. Possible?
- Is their anything AIW could be convinced to do about refueling (or NOT refueling)? How about gearing? Can you sneak some of that in there?
- To clarify, hitting Reload AI Hints Cache takes the hints directly from AIHintsReader's fresh save? That's cool.
- Have you noticed that occasionally one car gets stupid and just veers off the road into the wall? Just noticed the Healey 3000 doing that coming out of the pits at Monza66.
I'm pretty much done setting up 24 GTC60 cars at ks_Monza66. I took a run at setting up ai_hints.ini using AIHintsReader (cool). A bit more tweaking (that Simca 2000 GT is a b****), ideally so they can all make it through a race. I may also have to do the dang setups for all the cars so they have fuel and adequate gearing for the straights. Might need an app to cure their incessant need to refuel (even on a five lap race!)
@racinjoe013: Any idea what's up with the pitlane entry on Monza 2025? All the GTC cars swing way off the road to the left then cut across the track to pit entry on the right, so assuming the pitlane line is doing that intentionally, or are they just going too fast to stay to the right?
I think that's just an issue with the metallic and chrome shaders in general, I have done a lot of experimentation and testing with those things to try and get a nice gold for my Vento Uno skin, and I don't think it's possible to achieve an ideal setting as of the current CSP limitations. You can get pretty good though. I'll attach my ext_config in the spoiler here, it's much more chrome than what you're looking for probably, but you can play with the settings and get that toned down easily enough.Can anyone suggest a good config for silver-grey metallic paint, something akin to Hamilton's old Mercedes-AMG Petronas "Silver Arrows" F1 livery (the '13-'21 silver one, not the later black one).
I've come up with something that's OK, but it can lose the metallic effect depending on sun angle. Ideally the brightness and metallic effect would remain consistent no matter where it's viewed from.
[Material_CarPaint_Metallic]
Materials = Car_Paint_silver
UseMetallicReflections = 1
FresnelMax = 1
FresnelC = 0.4
FlakesK = 0
BrightnessAdjustment = 0.9 ; compensates for ambient specular
ColoredSpecular = 1
AmbientSpecular = 0
AmbientSpecularEXP = 2.5
ClearCoatThickness = 0.2
[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
MATERIALS=Car_Paint_silver
PROP_...=fresnelC,.4
PROP_...=fresnelEXP,10
PROP_...=fresnelMaxLevel,2
PROP_...=ksAmbient,.35
PROP_...=ksDiffuse,.35
PROP_...=ksSpecular,.1
PROP_...=ksSpecularEXP,10
PROP_...=stAmbientEXP,100
PROP_...=sunSpecular,0.25
PROP_...=sunSpecularEXP,150
PROP_...=extColoredReflections,1
Riverside? Peak.