Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,040 comments
But you're playing a sim that is supposes to simulate the real world as close as possible.

I never see 'god rays' in the real world like I do in sims. Also, as I mentioned, I use sunglasses when I'm driving on sunny days in the real world – but I don't do that while I'm stting in front of a computer screen... unless I'm in the mood to pretend I'm a rock musician who wears sunglass any hour of the day or night. :P

Yeah that does sound about right, the RD thread does say something about it just being the same as default and maybe in preparation of SOL2 but as I'm now using what @Beezer215 suggested and it seems to look and run ok I'm sticking with that for now. I'm not getting any blinding sun rays though lol.

Are you using the provided ppfilter? The godrays are adjust within the ppfilter file. I've had some very realistic races around 6-7PM on some tracks where coming around the corner and if the sun is just right, you can barely see through the windshield. Instead of just that lowly orb, your view is filled with glare and yellowness just like in real life. Try Sol's dust weather too, it emphasizes the rays.

I'll have to confirm if there isn't any other settings that need tweaking. Also, to note, I had a problem with the ppfilter staying on A3pp or Sol_HC, it always wanted to revert back to an immersive one in which I didn't fiddle with. If you haven't downloaded the A3PP filter, I recommend it. It also has a configuration setting like Sol's configuration that you can bring up while in race. I'll look at the lua file and see if I have adjustments in there but at least you have a good start.
Sol seems to be set very timid by default as not to ruffle any feathers but the settings can be tweaked to get all desirable effects.
The only thing it doesn't have is the lens flare effect you see in other titles with the blue orbs in alignment with the sun. I guess our eyeballs don't produce those anyways though.

Edit: The sunglasses thing was a joke. Seriously? The "blinding" was exaggerated too. You can't tell me you've never driven a car with a dirty windshield in the morning and had the sun be fairly blinding. And yellow for that matter? As Sol is set by default, it's bland. That's why there's settings to change. Don't want to, don't. I'm trying to help people who might not know what the settings are to fix some of this or are overwhelmed by 16 some pages of buttons and sliders.

Last edited:
Are you using the provided ppfilter? The godrays are adjust within the ppfilter file. I've had some very realistic races around 6-7PM on some tracks where coming around the corner and if the sun is just right, you can barely see through the windshield. Instead of just that lowly orb, your view is filled with glare and yellowness just like in real life. Try Sol's dust weather too, it emphasizes the rays.

I'll have to confirm if there isn't any other settings that need tweaking. Also, to note, I had a problem with the ppfilter staying on A3pp or Sol_HC, it always wanted to revert back to an immersive one in which I didn't fiddle with. If you haven't downloaded the A3PP filter, I recommend it. It also has a configuration setting like Sol's configuration that you can bring up while in race. I'll look at the lua file and see if I have adjustments in there but at least you have a good start.
Sol seems to be set very timid by default as not to ruffle any feathers but the settings can be tweaked to get all desirable effects.
The only thing it doesn't have is the lens flare effect you see in other titles with the blue orbs in alignment with the sun. I guess our eyeballs don't produce those anyways though.

Edit: The sunglasses thing was a joke. Seriously? The "blinding" was exaggerated too. You can't tell me you've never driven a car with a dirty windshield in the morning and had the sun be fairly blinding. And yellow for that matter? As Sol is set by default, it's bland. That's why there's settings to change. Don't want to, don't. I'm trying to help people who might not know what the settings are to fix some of this or are overwhelmed by 16 some pages of buttons and sliders.

I kinda forgot to put in your ppfilter when I wrote that as I already had A3PP installed but I just tried out Luccaring with your tweaked version and the the sun was nice and bright when I saw it, but not quite so bright that I couldn't see where I was going. I haven't really messed with filters / sol config much as generally once I have a set up that works I leave it be cause I don't have the most powerful system....but I do like things to look pretty if I can get away with it lol

I kinda forgot to put in your ppfilter when I wrote that as I already had A3PP installed but I just tried out Luccaring with your tweaked version and the the sun was nice and bright when I saw it, but not quite so bright that I couldn't see where I was going. I haven't really messed with filters / sol config much as generally once I have a set up that works I leave it be cause I don't have the most powerful system....but I do like things to look pretty if I can get away with it lol
Glad you got it though. I guess I shouldn't have exaggerated so much. It's enough to make you concerned a bit but not too over powering. I want the sun to play a factor on the track as it does in real life. There is glare and there is evanescent light or what Sol calls godrays. Hopefully you find that track at the certain time of day combo that just looks so good with the yellows and oranges of the sky. A few beams coming through the trees from the dust.
I personally have tried to revert back my settings and came back to these. Sol 1.4 reset these too I believe and back they went. Looks super bland to me without the color and sun factor.

Glad you got it though. I guess I shouldn't have exaggerated so much. It's enough to make you concerned a bit but not too over powering. I want the sun to play a factor on the track as it does in real life. There is glare and there is evanescent light or what Sol calls godrays. Hopefully you find that track at the certain time of day combo that just looks so good with the yellows and oranges of the sky. A few beams coming through the trees from the dust.
I personally have tried to revert back my settings and came back to these. Sol 1.4 reset these too I believe and back they went. Looks super bland to me without the color and sun factor.

Yep, all good, though I need to check my sol config again as my Content Manager crashed earlier and reverted back to the "lite" version so I've probably lost my settings as well.

Edit to say....Nope settings stayed as they were but I need to mess with night settings now so I can make the moon bigger. Luccaring HD at night looks so damn good

Last edited:
Though the light effects and other goodies are then appearently gone or weak...no more visible flash
HONDA NSX GT3 ACC V1.0

custom-showroom-honda-nsx-gt3.jpg

3D coversion by delpinsky, rework by GTPlanet Modding Team + Maki123

CHANGELOG:

— 3D car conversion
— added internal glass
— added damage glass
— created wiper animation
— raindrops now visible on the glasses
— added internal light "extension" for night racing
— added Lumirank for Blancpain cars
— added Pleds for IMSA cars
— added wobbling safety net and antenna
— added Blancpain, IMSA, promo skins

PHYSICS UPDATE:
— everything

CUSTOM PREVIEWS:
— added car previews for Custom Showroom
— no Honda logo
— no numberplates

CUSTOM FONTS:
— added custom fonts, in case you don't have them already installed

The GTPlanet modding team wishes you fun!

DOWNLOAD
Damn, another fine quality conversion for AC. Looks great and drives very well! :cheers:
The only minor flaw I noticed was the steering wheel rotation is a little off-center.

upload_2020-1-28_4-18-5.png

Everything's fine here, as you can see.

@a3rdperson
The flash is visible, look!

If you mean the PITLINE flashing light, well, the headlights and endulights together, make it invisible, but it's there if you look from outside.
I don't think it's worth it increasing the power of that flashing light, unless I separate the endulights from headlights, to activate them as EXTRA LIGHT.
For now I leave it that way.

The steering wheel does look centered to me, can you show me where's the issue, because I couldn't notice it?

Hi, i'd like to know if there's a mod to make the Silverstone GP track start on the old pit straight (like it is in ACC), without replacing the F1 start, even better if it works with Hotlap mode.

Great work and I'm glad you're back. :cheers: I noticed a conflict which is that acr is already being used so to avoid confusion, would it be possible to change your car file name? Maybe to acrw or acm?
Oh, didn't notice that! From the next release we'll use accr as a prefix, then! Thanks!

The steering wheel does look centered to me, can you show me where's the issue, because I couldn't notice it?
Now that I tried it the steering looks ok. I guess it's only the steering column, so not really a big deal. I thought the whole thing was off-center. :D

Damn, another fine quality conversion for AC. Looks great and drives very well! :cheers:
The only minor flaw I noticed was the steering wheel rotation is a little off-center.

Pffft. Pull the mod right now. I mean just have a look at this flaw too-
custom-showroom-1580168703.png

:lol::lol::D

But for real, fantastic work on this one, well done!!! :gtpflag:
I was thinking, why aren't there some cars in ACC to be ported that have more speed..... then I remembered, its all based around the Blancpain
GT3 series :D

Well done guys.
One thats not converted yet...
365.jpg

HONDA NSX GT3 ACC V1.0

custom-showroom-honda-nsx-gt3.jpg

3D coversion by delpinsky, rework by GTPlanet Modding Team + Maki123

CHANGELOG:

— 3D car conversion
— added internal glass
— added damage glass
— created wiper animation
— raindrops now visible on the glasses
— added internal light "extension" for night racing
— added Lumirank for Blancpain cars
— added Pleds for IMSA cars
— added wobbling safety net and antenna
— added Blancpain, IMSA, promo skins

PHYSICS UPDATE:
— everything

CUSTOM PREVIEWS:
— added car previews for Custom Showroom
— no Honda logo
— no numberplates

CUSTOM FONTS:
— added custom fonts, in case you don't have them already installed

The GTPlanet modding team wishes you fun!

DOWNLOAD

hey deplinsky i did some testing of your car. it drives very very good. but one issue that really stands out in VR for me that might not even be possible to see on a normal screen is the floating cluster numbers. like the digital display, all the numbers are floating. by maybe a full inch (inside VR inch) i made a video to show you what i mean. its a 30 second clip. Otherwise no issues for me that was the only one.

hey deplinsky i did some testing of your car. it drives very very good. but one issue that really stands out in VR for me that might not even be possible to see on a normal screen is the floating cluster numbers. like the digital display, all the numbers are floating. by maybe a full inch (inside VR inch) i made a video to show you what i mean. its a 30 second clip. Otherwise no issues for me that was the only one.

This is a very common issue with mod cars, unfortunately. I'm guessing the digits don't ever show up in a 3D software package otherwise it should be immediately obvious to the modder when developing the dashboard. Digits often seem just to be placed with X and Y coordinates so they look OK on a 2D screen, with little consideration (or just plain guesswork) for the Z coordinate placement. Unfortunately, a misplaced offset of even just a few millimetres looks odd in VR.
@K E N N E T H 's recent 918 RSR updated has this same issue, even though the original car (from Assetto Garage, I think) had the Z coordinates for the digital instruments correct.

Last edited:
Update your Content Manager, Shaders Patch to atleast 135 If you run into issues with the car. Other issues here are pretty much non issues, more surprised some driving issues i noticed are not mentioned. I will fix them later though and we post an Update for the Weekend maybe

Ok.... will update later .. I'm still at work.

(Gladbeck?...Zweckel?....)

For anyone who is having display problems with nsx gt3, I have found the solution. In the .rar file in the 'fonts' folder, Ginetta_G55_big.txt file is missing. Go to assettocorsa\content\fonts and copy 650s_big.txt and rename said copy to Ginetta_G55_big.txt. People who don't have the problem probably already had the Ginetta G55 mod installed and already the proper txt file.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back