Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,021 comments
This is a very common issue with mod cars, unfortunately. I'm guessing the digits don't ever show up in a 3D software package otherwise it should be immediately obvious to the modder when developing the dashboard. Digits often seem just to be placed with X and Y coordinates so they look OK on a 2D screen, with little consideration (or just plain guesswork) for the Z coordinate placement. Unfortunately, a misplaced offset of even just a few millimetres looks odd in VR.
@K E N N E T H 's recent 919 RSR updated has this same issue, even though the original car (from Assetto Garage, I think) had the Z coordinates for the digital instruments correct.
Though that's something quite easy to fix so no worries there :)

Though that's something quite easy to fix so no worries there :)
It's relatively easy to fix with a config, but it's time consuming and needs a fair bit of trial-and-error, so I wouldn't say 'no worries'.
Much better if the modder does it in the first place so that everyone has the correct display, rather than every VR user having to correct it themselves and ending up with different results.
It's a bit like when the driver's hands slide over the steering wheel because they aren't in synch with it. An easy fix, but annoying because something so basic really shouldn't be missed by the modder in the first place if the mod was tested correctly.
Misaligned digital displays are easier to understand as they're harder to spot in 2D, but the coordinates of the digits could easily be checked for z-alignment with the face of the screen before the mod is released. Maybe there should be a basic check list for things like this?

HONDA NSX GT3 ACC V1.0

custom-showroom-honda-nsx-gt3.jpg

3D coversion by delpinsky, rework by GTPlanet Modding Team + Maki123
The GTPlanet modding team wishes you fun!

I do have a lot of fun with this car. Great job guys ! 👍👍

@carlossanchz9
More specific, because CSP has thousands of options that could affect stuff.
You can post me in a private message, the screenshot of the:
1 GENERAL PATCH SETTINGS
2 CAR INSTRUMENTS
3 EXTRA FX

Hi delpinsky
many thanks for NSX but the dashboard is also not working on my end , tested other car mods that are fine ,only this particular car . no idea whats the problem :(
CSP 1.38
SOL1.4
CM verison 0.8.1976.36095

CSP settings as below if there is something wrong?

Hi delpinsky
many thanks for NSX but the dashboard is also not working on my end , tested other car mods that are fine ,only this particular car . no idea whats the problem :(
CSP 1.38
SOL1.4
CM verison 0.8.1976.36095

CSP settings as below if there is something wrong?

This worked for me: "For anyone who is having display problems with nsx gt3, I have found the solution. In the .rar file in the 'fonts' folder, Ginetta_G55_big.txt file is missing. Go to assettocorsa\content\fonts and copy 650s_big.txt and rename said copy to Ginetta_G55_big.txt. People who don't have the problem probably already had the Ginetta G55 mod installed and already the proper txt file."

Just drag the content in the "font" folder in the .rar to the game´s "fonts" folder, copy the "650s_big.txt" (make sure you don´t delete the original one), rename it as "Ginetta_G55_big.txt" and that should do it. I hope it helps you.

This worked for me: "For anyone who is having display problems with nsx gt3, I have found the solution. In the .rar file in the 'fonts' folder, Ginetta_G55_big.txt file is missing. Go to assettocorsa\content\fonts and copy 650s_big.txt and rename said copy to Ginetta_G55_big.txt. People who don't have the problem probably already had the Ginetta G55 mod installed and already the proper txt file."

Just drag the content in the "font" folder in the .rar to the game´s "fonts" folder, copy the "650s_big.txt" (make sure you don´t delete the original one), rename it as "Ginetta_G55_big.txt" and that should do it. I hope it helps you.
Can confirm this also works for me. So thanks for the support and suggestion!

wow thanks carlos! now the dashboard works!
but i notice racelogic is not showing lap time so i guess i also need to do the same txt file for arial_hd?

btw where could i find the Ginetta G55 mod? is it the one made by Shaun Clarke?

upload_2020-1-28_19-56-4.png

wow thanks carlos! now the dashboard works!
but i notice racelogic is not showing lap time so i guess i also need to do the same txt file for arial_hd?

To make the racelogic work, do the same with the "arial.txt" file in the game´s "fonts" folder. Copy it (make sure you don´t delete or overwrite the original file), rename it as "arial_hd.txt", paste it in the game´s "fonts" folder, don´t delete the "arial_hd.png" that came in the .rar and that´s it. Easy as that.

Nice, really hope you would also convert other ones such as the Super GT ones and the Toyota 7 too

This is my first ever conversion from any game, and I hear that the Gran Turismo games are already one of the hardest to do.

I think someone on Touge Union is working on the Toyota 7, and (I think?) is one of the people that worked on the existing Minolta 88-CV.

I could probably work on the Hawkeye Cusco GT300 car after this, or the Gr.3 VAB STi from GT Sport.

If someone were to rip the Gr.2 GT500 cars like the NSX, RC-F and GT-R though.. it's a strong consideration :P

This is my first ever conversion from any game, and I hear that the Gran Turismo games are already one of the hardest to do.

I think someone on Touge Union is working on the Toyota 7, and (I think?) is one of the people that worked on the existing Minolta 88-CV.

I could probably work on the Hawkeye Cusco GT300 car after this, or the Gr.3 VAB STi from GT Sport.

If someone were to rip the Gr.2 GT500 cars like the NSX, RC-F and GT-R though.. it's a strong consideration :P
Oh you mean Esprit (Uncle Dimah)? I remeber he was working on that car a year ago before they kicked me out since I begged for their private cars all the time lol

And would be awesome to see you convert SPORT cars too, the Gr.3 ones are my favorite, while for those GT300 cars, they arent properly ripped yet still alongside other DLC ones, still have to wait for a PS4 exploit first

hey deplinsky i did some testing of your car. it drives very very good. but one issue that really stands out in VR for me that might not even be possible to see on a normal screen is the floating cluster numbers. like the digital display, all the numbers are floating. by maybe a full inch (inside VR inch) i made a video to show you what i mean. its a 30 second clip. Otherwise no issues for me that was the only one.

@Masscot Obviously in 3D Studio Max I can't see it because the digit are a separated thing you need to add via text. We will fix it in the next update. :D

@Masscot Obviously in 3D Studio Max I can't see it because the digit are a separated thing you need to add via text. We will fix it in the next update. :D
Thanks buddy!
Just had a chance to finally try the car - great job!
Is there a trick to pulling away from a standing start? I always seem to get bogged down no matter how I try to balance the revs, and only a dip of the clutch (which is cheating with paddle shifters, lol) will let me get the revs up again.
One other thing I noticed is the Lexan window slider has purple edges. Isn't this normally an alpha setting causing this on transparent surfaces? I have all shader patch CPU and GPU optimisations ticked, in case that matters.

Screenshot_honda_nsx_gt3_acc_imola_28-1-120-15-19-25.jpg

View attachment 885519

Everything's fine here, as you can see.

@a3rdperson
The flash is visible, look!

If you mean the PITLINE flashing light, well, the headlights and endulights together, make it invisible, but it's there if you look from outside.
I don't think it's worth it increasing the power of that flashing light, unless I separate the endulights from headlights, to activate them as EXTRA LIGHT.
For now I leave it that way.

The steering wheel does look centered to me, can you show me where's the issue, because I couldn't notice it?

I don't know then ... I have the same problem with the lexus converted from acc

Did you guys make a grid with the GT3 cars we have?
For example RSS's BMW feels too planted for a GT3. Element's Lexus feels faster than the rest. We need BoP.

Edit:
I'm not sure if this is the right method, but I let AI cars (%100 on skill and agg.) run a few qualifying laps on Spa.
- Element's Lexus is the first one. It's indeed way faster than the rest.
- Second is Velo's Lexus. Close with RSS's BMW.
- Ferrari is the stock Kunos version. Maybe we should try to BoP the cars to it.
- delpinsky's NSX is slower. Masscot's feeling about its power seems right.
- Last is Guerilla's BMW. It literally can't complete a lap around Spa. Crashes at the bus stop every single time. Many oversteering and corrective maneuvers too. AI is broken.
upload_2020-1-28_20-23-58.png

Edit 2:
After some more laps:
RSS's BMW's fastest lap is 0.5 s faster than its others. It did only one outstanding lap. So results are consistent.
upload_2020-1-28_21-0-36.png

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back