Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,092 comments
That is probably what the sideways boys are aiming at...

I've ben experimenting and in data/surfaces in the track folder, ifor [SURFACE_0] change FRICTION=1 to FRICTION=1.15 and the track will drive more like a typical racing circuit rather than an icy car park.

Hey @P1ButtPlug

Was it U that was going to do AI ines for Rudskogen? I saw someone wanted them done, but if ur started on that , I'll look over some of Gilles tracks and get started on some of the newer ones he just upped the past week, a few of them I can improve.

I believe he did say he was doing them. Looking forward to racing on this track, it's quite challenging.

I've been trying to think of other tracks that need AI updates but am drawing a blank at the moment.

i1rHdFz9YOnGwSH.jpg

Is there anyone who knows how to convert this car and make it into AC?
(The 3d file is found on gamemodels.ru)
Yeah i think AC needs more VGT mods.
I only have 6 installed. 3 of them were from RTM, 1 from AG, 1 from SimDream & 1 from SK.

2 of the VGT cars were released on RTM's place, but not leaked.

Oh & i made something interesting on CM.
upload_2019-8-11_4-46-35.png

we just already got it, and it's really really improved on competizione, so it's a waste playing it on ac, that's cant be better, that's all
there are also people who don't want to buy ACC, but want to drive this cars. That's what i was hoping for

Hey @P1ButtPlug

Was it U that was going to do AI ines for Rudskogen? I saw someone wanted them done, but if ur started on that , I'll look over some of Gilles tracks and get started on some of the newer ones he just upped the past week, a few of them I can improve.

Nope sorry, not me. Whats a Rudskogen anyway? :irked: and some of those Gilles tracks.... oh boy, no comment. That GTR1 Panoz up there, Don Panoz makes some of the most odd wonky cars in a long time. Delta Wang come to mind?

And a BMW M6 from RSS, now the ultimate version will finally come to life. Think of all the stuff from past M6's/8's (delpinkis etc) all rolled up into RSS perfection, really looking forward to that.
edit: Reminds me, many months ago Chris Haye said the URD M6 was being released very very soon. If they haven't scrapped it by now, with RSS stepping up, might as well toss her.

23ifl2t.png

Last edited:
i1rHdFz9YOnGwSH.jpg

I downloaded that model today, try reading a tutorial on how to convert or even possibly sending the model to the GTP Modding Team

And a BMW M6 from RSS, now the ultimate version will finally come to life. Think of all the stuff from past M6's/8's (delpinkis etc) all rolled up into RSS perfection, really looking forward to that.
edit: Reminds me, many months ago Chris Haye said the URD M6 was being released very very soon. If they haven't scrapped it by now, with RSS stepping up, might as well toss her.
I know URD was making the M8 GTE, but the M6...?

OK, truck fans. I found another version of the Volvo truck, or rather - two versions. Winged and wingless.

Capture.PNG

https://we.tl/t-GI8BX11e8g

(these will install as new vehicles and won't overwrite the current version, unless youn already have the winged/wingless ones)

These seem pretty FUBAR (race them and you'll see - AI cars bounce around like Zebedee, it's hilarious) and are slower with worse sound
- BUT -
they have an animated gearstick and a much better shifting animation.
The shifting animation is easy to copy, but does anyone know how to copy the animated gearstick?

The winged version would be good to keep as a novelty, but with the 'better' version's physics, audio etc.

Assettoland also uploaded a version of this Volvo today edited by Velo. It seems very close to the one @P1ButtPlug linked to earlier, but is around 25mph slower. The winged/wingless ones I linked to above are even slower again.
Which one of these three is BoP'd to the Merc?

And again - how do we steal that animated gearstick?

Thanks for sharing! GT1 is by far my favorite racing series. It spawned so many legendary cars that would´ve never existed without the homologation process. Keep them comming:cheers:

Nope sorry, not me. Whats a Rudskogen anyway? :irked: and some of those Gilles tracks.... oh boy, no comment. That GTR1 Panoz up there, Don Panoz makes some of the most odd wonky cars in a long time. Delta Wang come to mind?

Don Panoz, James Glickenhaus, the guys from Lister and ofcourse TVR are the kind of people motorsport needs but (maybe) doesnt deserve. They always think outside of the box and are bold enough to actually try something new. Sadly this often ends up in failure..... ( see the Nissan LMP1:()

I know URD was making the M8 GTE, but the M6...?

Right, my bad, don't know why I always get those crossed up. URD M8, too late.
Masscot, your fingers worn to the nubs searching for that? :lol: The big wing goes with that big beast for sure, looks like its ready for Pikes Peak.
Yeah Wusel, good call on those mfg's, those stand out as some of the out of the box thinking designs for sure.

Hi guys! Just wanted to introduce myself. This forum is one of the better AC communities I have stumbled upon, actually I heard for this GTPlanet community but I haven't been able to find this thread first time. I found it recently 'cause of the new DPi mods & skins that have been showing up everywhere.
So I downloaded Oreca 07 mod/update and it's great but I noticed the LODs are still missing therefore I created them using LOD Generator(https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/lod-generator.24394/)
LODs LINK: MegaUpload
Possible FIX(if things ain't working): MegaUpload - place it in your oreca_07/data folder
Hope it improves your performance just a little bit:)

Last edited:
Hi guys! Just wanted to introduce myself. This forum is one of the better AC communities I have stumbled upon, actually I heard for this GTPlanet community but I haven't been able to find this thread first time. I found it recently 'cause of the new DPi mods & skins that have been showing up everywhere.
So I downloaded Oreca 07 mod/update and it's great but I noticed the LODs are still missing therefore I created them using LOD Generator(https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/lod-generator.24394/)

Hello and welcome! The success of this Modding Thread, compared to many others on the interweb, is because it is Moderated by GTP Staff 24/7/365. Thank them often. You'll see that when stuff gets a bit unruly here, the "partners in crime" seem to...well, fade away real fast. :dunce:

:gtpflag:

I get an error 503 sadly. Welcome by the way:cheers:

I get an error 503 sadly. Welcome by the way:cheers:
Thank you for the welcome. Try using this, it will maybe help you.
Fix: MegaUpload - Place it your oreca_07/data folder
I tried it with 15 opponents on Spa and it worked(with & without fix), only thing that happened is during the loading screen mouse cursor with loading circle appeared(I didn't click anything just waited) and it went away after few seconds. Hope that this will help you.

Hello and welcome! The success of this Modding Thread, compared to many others on the interweb, is because it is Moderated by GTP Staff 24/7/365. Thank them often. You'll see that when stuff gets a bit unruly here, the "partners in crime" seem to...well, fade away real fast. :dunce:

:gtpflag:
Thank you Xiamoto for the welcome.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi. How is the TS050 coming along? I can't wait for it!

AC Fan's sound for the TS050 is awesome! He even demonstrated a cool feature of the sound; electric start in the pitlane when you start driving out of the pitlane without the clutch engaged!

Last edited by a moderator:
i1rHdFz9YOnGwSH.jpg

What in the holy hell is that contraption?

@Masscot........969mb zipped!!?? Good lord!

Btw.......just did a 20 lap V8 Supercar race at Potrero.....that's a freakin' workout!!

What in the holy hell is that contraption?

@Masscot........969mb zipped!!?? Good lord!

Btw.......just did a 20 lap V8 Supercar race at Potrero.....that's a freakin' workout!!
Perhaps they laserscanned the whole of Romania, lol.

Sim Traxx appear to have abandoned a few quite promising tracks, according to their website. I've got early versions of some that seem to have disappeared completely.

Perhaps they laserscanned the whole of Romania, lol.

Sim Traxx appear to have abandoned a few quite promising tracks, according to their website. I've got early versions of some that seem to have disappeared completely.

Well thanks though man! I DL'd it and will test tomorrow for sure. I don't know how you guy's keep up with all this stuff. I disappear for a couple days due to work and so forth.....come back and there are like 10 new cars , tracks , upgrades ect.....I get lost.

Well thanks though man! I DL'd it and will test tomorrow for sure. I don't know how you guy's keep up with all this stuff. I disappear for a couple days due to work and so forth.....come back and there are like 10 new cars , tracks , upgrades ect.....I get lost.
Brasov is very nicely done if you like P2P tracks, which I generally don't. It's highly detailed, looks good and feels good and they've managed to keep Sim Traxx branding under control so it's not as obnoxious as their tracks been in the past. I just don't really enjoy P2P time trials on narrow winding roads.

I know I've asked this before and I did write it down somewhere, but... somebody please remind me:
How do you keep two different versions of the same vehicle?
I know you need to rename the car folder and the sfx bank, but what else? LoDs and kn5? Anything else?
I've done it before but whenever I try it now I get all sorts of 'broken car' data errors in CM.
Thanks folks.

I know I've asked this before and I did write it down somewhere, but... somebody please remind me:
How do you keep two different versions of the same vehicle?
I know you need to rename the car folder and the sfx bank, but what else? LoDs and kn5? Anything else?
I've done it before but whenever I try it now I get all sorts of 'broken car' data errors in CM.
Thanks folks.

I usually just change the file name of the car itself. Say, for instance if it's a ferrari_enzo I will just do it like this ''ferrari_enzoo''. I just add another letter on the end or sometimes a number. It usually works for me.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back