Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,779 comments
So my 1966 Shelby Mustang GT350R version 0.8 is up. The process of creating my first mod has given me tremendous respect and appreciation for those who create high level AC mods. The amount of work and attention to detail that goes into creating just a decent re-mod is amazing. Special thanks to all the members on this forum who generously answered my newbie questions. I have so much more to learn but I'm happy with where this freshman effort stands so far. I still hope to replace the dashboard textures (350 Rs did not come with woodgrain dashboards) and create a new license plate texture. I also included psd's for all the liveries for any true painters out there who want to improve on my rookie liveries or create new ones.
Enjoy!!

*I'm still experimenting with the final drive ratios and it's currently defaulting to the highest of the six options(can't figure out how to get it to default to a middle ratio). You'll have to select a lower final ratio for any high speed tracks.*

Change log v0.8:
Body model modified with front and rear bumper delete
Swapped wheels to period correct American Racing wheels with updated V10 Vintage slicks
interior chrome textures modified
modified handling physics with stiffer, race tuned springs, dampers and anti-roll bars
lowered ride height
decreased vehicle weight to 1250 kg
Tuned engine power/torque files to approximate 350 bhp and 450nM torque
sound SFX changed
final gearing modified
transmission gears ratios changed
increased fuel tank capacity to 129 liters
adjusted ride height
changed driver model
changed rpm limit to 7K
6 new historically faithful liveriesView attachment 888908 View attachment 888907

thank you very much

So my 1966 Shelby Mustang GT350R version 0.8 is up. The process of creating my first mod has given me tremendous respect and appreciation for those who create high level AC mods. The amount of work and attention to detail that goes into creating just a decent re-mod is amazing. Special thanks to all the members on this forum who generously answered my newbie questions. I have so much more to learn but I'm happy with where this freshman effort stands so far. I still hope to replace the dashboard textures (350 Rs did not come with woodgrain dashboards) and create a new license plate texture. I also included psd's for all the liveries for any true painters out there who want to improve on my rookie liveries or create new ones.
Enjoy!!

*I'm still experimenting with the final drive ratios and it's currently defaulting to the highest of the six options(can't figure out how to get it to default to a middle ratio). You'll have to select a lower final ratio for any high speed tracks.*

Change log v0.8:
Body model modified with front and rear bumper delete
Swapped wheels to period correct American Racing wheels with updated V10 Vintage slicks
interior chrome textures modified
modified handling physics with stiffer, race tuned springs, dampers and anti-roll bars
lowered ride height
decreased vehicle weight to 1250 kg
Tuned engine power/torque files to approximate 350 bhp and 450nM torque
sound SFX changed
final gearing modified
transmission gears ratios changed
increased fuel tank capacity to 129 liters
adjusted ride height
changed driver model
changed rpm limit to 7K
6 new historically faithful liveriesView attachment 888908 View attachment 888907

Thank you very much ! :bowdown::gtpflag:

Hey lads - need some help here. Tried to 'undrift' the Gaya cars (these cars look like a ricers wet dream. Ridiculous camber, wheels, you name it), which worked... To some extent. As you can see on the pics, it looks fine in 3Dsimed and in the showroom, but whenever I enter a race it's... Completely off. Ride height and wheels are once again too low / inside the wheel arch. Any tips / fixes ? Which file / line should I edit in the data folder (if it is possible) ? I'm kinda lost here. I love these 90s Japanese sedans and it's a bloody crime that all of them have been turned into drift machines in AC (can't find a stock one).

YvEs18m.png

uploaded bahrain_2020

It took time to add various changes.
and optimized while maintaining the appearance as possible.
Maybe I think can drive at night, I'm not very sure.
It's difficult with many lights.
View attachment 888476 View attachment 888477 View attachment 888478 View attachment 888479

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ehyd9j6fyonosl8/bahrain_2020.7z/file

If you turn off some lights, number of lights will be about the same as 2018.
-> Swap and rename _etc/ext_config.2018 to extension/ext_config.ini
(turn off rock, podium light, ground light, water light and top light 2)
no animation file -> _etc/screen_static.kn5
Lovely work, thank you :cheers:

Yeah, if all mods dried up tomorrow I still think I'd have enough AC content to keep me going for another ten years. I spend so much time testing new stuff it means I often forget about the excellent stuff. The problem is, if you don't download and test something as soon as you see it you might miss it altogether. It truly is an abundance of riches.

I agree with you about Fujimi Kaido too, and now that the seal has been broken on proper FM3/4 conversions I hope ДЯДЯ ДИМА keeps them coming. Performance on this track wasn't too bad for me, much better than on his FM7 conversions, and of all the FM3/4 tracks Fujimi Kaido is probably going to be the biggest resource hog (along with Positano, perhaps). The other smaller tracks should perform even better.
I'm still slightly baffled that we have no proper Gran Turismo track rips for AC yet, even from GT3, 4 or 5. They must be really hard to extract and convert.
Thanks Mascot for remember this.
This was also my hope that someone convert Positano from Forza 4 and Montserat in Spain was also my favorite track. Positano has the different tarmac like Prag and I enjoyed it with the Porsche 550 Spider to drive it. I was 5 years ago in Positano (Amalfi). The track is fantasy but the place is also very nice. I rent there a Fiat 500 because its very pokey.

Attachments

• 9B318E12-B839-432B-ABF0-150F0AB16F26.jpeg
    9B318E12-B839-432B-ABF0-150F0AB16F26.jpeg
    73.6 KB · Views: 31
Is there a decent version of any of the following tracks:
- Motorland Aragón
- Circuit Ricardo Tormo
- Circuito de Navarra
- Moscow Raceway
- Losail International Circuit
- Circuit International Automobile Moulay El Hassan
- Circuit Mont-Tremblant?

I have been looking for quite some time now for any of them, but I only found versions which were not of the best quality :(

Not completely finished but certainly usable
Mont Tremblant (three layouts):
https://mega.nz/#!nC4jnYxL!fiGkG-pNX5EdC68kPXCze4TQ7eJz5wAiJvKeJNn710Q

Motorland Aragon:
https://mega.nz/#!CXhjAIpS!Q1DA7knB3x6TsirAkDzcdaoI4A0ZUCu90XAO8QsSRas

Last edited:
Hi, i need a bit of help for a modification of a mod.

The mod is a car. She has an airbrake that works when you hit the brake pedal. I wish to modify it so it works when i press a button. Like the horn button or DRS or whatever button.

Here is the command line in the aero.ini

[DYNAMIC_CONTROLLER_0]
WING=3
COMBINATOR=ADD
INPUT=BRAKE
LUT=AIR_BRAKE_CD.lut
FILTER=0.85
UP_LIMIT=60
DOWN_LIMIT=0

I tried to modify the INPUT= but it seems that this command is limited and wont work with buttons or key input.
Here is the list of those command i found:
DYNAMIC CONTROLLER INPUT LIST:
- AVG_TRAVEL_REAR
- BRAKE
- CONST
- GAS
- GEAR
- LATG
- LOAD_SPREAD_LF
- LOAD_SPREAD_RF
- LONG
- OVERSTEER_FACTOR
- REAR_SPEED_RATIO
- RPMS
- SLIPANGLE_FRONT_AVG
- SLIPANGLE_FRONT_MAX
- SLIPANGLE_REAR_AVG
- SLIPANGLE_REAR_MAX
- SLIPRATIO_AVG
- SLIPRATIO_MAX
- SPEED_KMH
- STEER
- STEER_DEG
- SUS_TRAVEL_LR
- SUS_TRAVEL_RR
- WHEEL_STEER_DEG

Any idea ? :)

Hey lads - need some help here. Tried to 'undrift' the Gaya cars (these cars look like a ricers wet dream. Ridiculous camber, wheels, you name it), which worked... To some extent. As you can see on the pics, it looks fine in 3Dsimed and in the showroom, but whenever I enter a race it's... Completely off. Ride height and wheels are once again too low / inside the wheel arch. Any tips / fixes ? Which file / line should I edit in the data folder (if it is possible) ? I'm kinda lost here. I love these 90s Japanese sedans and it's a bloody crime that all of them have been turned into drift machines in AC (can't find a stock one).

YvEs18m.png

You need to change the suspensions.ini as well, there are values which determine ride height and width and will be used in races. Open it and you will see these lines:

[FRONT]
TYPE=DWB
BASEY=-0.030
TRACK=1.722 <-- These values change the width.
ROD_LENGTH=0.030 <-- These values change the height.

Some goes for the rear as well. Hope I can help you. :) Don't forget to use the custom showroom so you can see the changes in live. (Go to tab "Car params" and then scroll down to Physics and tick "Suspension" and Wheels "align using data")

It's also possible that only car.ini may need editing depending what has been modified on the cars so check that out too:

[BASIC]
GRAPHICS_OFFSET=0.0,-0.2705,0 ; 3 axis correction (x,y,z), applies only to the 3D object

@delpinsky @Apexxer great work with the NSX GT3 updates - happy to confirm it now pulls away as expected and the slider polycarb looks great. Still got an issue with the audio level though:

I also compared it to some of ACFan's GT Car work like his 911 RSR, and Corvette C7.R. It's about as loud as those. However, if the volume itself also bodes a problem like the transmission to a lot of users I will re-evaluate my stance on it.

Comparing to your own mods (or other mods) might be yielding similar levels, but those mods might be loud in the first place. I really like what you've done with the NSX audio but for me, on my Yamaha 5.1 kit, it's still orders of magnitude louder than Kunos GT3 cars, literally (no joke) painfully so. Especially the whistle. I'm not making this up, honestly..!
Kunos cars are probably a more sensible benchmark than other audio mods so please don't take offence but I used @GzeroD 's config tip and balanced the engine volume as best I could against the Kunos 488 GT3 and created a new config that lowers the cockpit engine volume by almost two thirds, down to 0.37 of the original volume. For me, on my system, this makes using it possible without having to adjust my amp levels just for this car, and makes the cockpit volume in the same ballpark as all the other GT3 cars in my collection.

Anyway, if anyone else is experiencing similar issues and wants to try it, here's the new config. It only changes the cockpit engine volume, all other levels remain unchanged. However, the other parameters are there to be adjusted in case anyone wants to (eg external engine noise, if this is now too overbearing when racing against other NSX GT3s).

Just place the new ext_config.ini in honda_nsx_gt3_acc/extension and overwrite when asked. To change back to the original levels simply edit [AUDIO_VOLUME] ENGINE_INT = 1.0 (or delete the whole [AUDIO_VOLUME] section)

https://www.mediafire.com/file/hqz57ia6xudin9y/ext_config.ini/file

Anyway, hope that helps others with the same issue and again - no offence is intended by adjusting your mod. As I already said, I really like the audio, it was just the volume that was killing it for me.
:)

You need to change the suspensions.ini as well, there are values which determine ride height and width and will be used in races. Open it and you will see these lines:

[FRONT]
TYPE=DWB
BASEY=-0.030
TRACK=1.722 <-- These values change the width.
ROD_LENGTH=0.030 <-- These values change the height.

Some goes for the rear as well. Hope I can help you. :) Don't forget to use the custom showroom so you can see the changes in live. (Go to tab "Car params" and then scroll down to Physics and tick "Suspension" and Wheels "align using data")

Cheers mate, worked like a charm ! I'm very new to this (as yous can imagine ahah). Now they look like proper road going sedans.
Thanks again.

drivetrain.ini

FINAL=3.1000 (match the exact number, including redundant zeros to the value in final.rto)

Indeed, that's the solution :cheers:. I was so focused on the final ratio file that I forgot to go back and adjust the drivetrain file again. Ironically, one of my data sources for the car lists 4.11 as the final drive which seems much too high for anything except perhaps drag racing. I'll keep testing with different ratios and probably add some new ones in the next update.
In the meantime I've already uploaded the change to the default final drive. Thanks again!!

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back