Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,751 comments
Set up for drift or race?
Grip tune for time attack. And normal power too, not some ridiculous 1200HP tarmac-shredder.
They've done a good job with this car. Special paint, special shaders, extension folder etc.
Note: if you have the driver visible, copy the shifting animation from the stock Kunos Supra Mk IV. It's not a perfect match but it's damn close, and is better than nothing.

For those interested Chris Haye published top 50 RD ranked AC free car mods. We will all have the most as not all of them in our 'never enough' car collection? But to be honest a couple of them were new for me. Also a fun 30 minutes video to watch or check his first pinned comment to scroll through the list

Last edited:
@letsdothis97 thanks very much for the SGT GT500 mod pack - it looks fantastic.
One request: is there any chance you could please remove the road reflection from the windscreen sun strips? This is a perennial problem with a lot of mod cars, it always gets complained about and it's incredibly distracting (and unrealistic) in cockpit view. It renders cars pretty much unusable for me in VR so I've only driven for about 50 metres before having to stop. I'm pretty sure this same issue has been raised before in earlier versions of these cars. Thanks.
(edit: I've only tested the HSV so not sure if others are affected)

Do you mind making a video or screenshotting where the issue is, I am not seeing the issue on my machine but theres so many configurations for AC now so what I see could be different to you.

Greetings from down under... Here's a set of fictional Gulf Racing Team liveries, have fun!
(ag_porsche_996_gt3_2004_nrms)

__custom_showroom_1588705514.png

Attachments

• ag_porsche_996_gt3_2004_nrms__gulf-skins.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 41
Thanks to @slider666 my 3DSimEd is working again, so here is another small pits extension (not a part of my Pit Extension Project):
- Circuito Vasco Sameiro -> pits extended from 15 to 32

I created a separate layout with extended pit boxes and start positions. Just download and drop into your track file, it won't overwrite anything. You do need the have the original track though.

NOTE: 32 cars almost killed my CPU, so be careful with how many AI cars you add.

LINK: https://mega.nz/file/XaAxUYzC#McAXVrUTCJ0e6BwEZYVLjh7rFlL4LQ_yfM7XiX2xshg

Tagging @Paulo Ribeiro because he might find this interesting :)

tenor.gif

QcbA2bh.gif

Thank you, thank you, thank you.... :cheers:

Do you mind making a video or screenshotting where the issue is, I am not seeing the issue on my machine but theres so many configurations for AC now so what I see could be different to you.
Doesn't really need a video as it's easy to describe - it's the sun shade strip at the top of the windscreen. It's reflective, so in cockpit view it reflects the road, kerbs, white lines etc.
Just like glass sometimes does on bad mods that don't have windscreen shaders set up properly - there's a 'snow storm' effect as it reflects the road.
Note: it's an issue when viewed from the cockpit only, not externally.

@letsdothis97 the GT500 mod Mascot is referring to, is this the Chivas version (link below) that was just released? Is this yours or did you contribute to it? I have a lot of things going on, I'm older, been in a few crashes... so I might be a little confused.

https://chivas-autoart.wixsite.com/home

If you are responsible for, or part of the Chivas release...

Overall, loving it in VR, and I'm not seeing any issues.

I did notice the strange way that the files are compressed, and how this could cause problems for some users.

Another thing, is that the cars are still listed as 0.5 or Beta.

[Edit] I did notice the interior road reflection above the window. I guess it doesn't bother me as much, but it is most noticeable when you run over something like a red-white curb. There a "flash" of red and white above the window.

Tiny details, but I just ran them around Susuka, at least 5-7 laps each, with some minimal tuning. Need to go back and make some additional adjustments for this track (very long straight-aways), and cut some time off the lap times. ...and I want to do it because the cars are very good.

Perfect timing to release these, as Twin Ring Motegi will be released soon... maybe in another month or two as it's creator apparently want's to MAKE SURE it's perfect. It'll probably be one of the best releases for AC... we'll just have to wait a little longer so it is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Struggling with a real head scratcher and I'm hoping some of the 3D model gurus here can help me. What data actually the determines the scale of specific objects in a model? Specifically what determines the scale of the wheels?:confused:
I'm swapping wheels on a mod, a very common thing to do. The donor car has 15" wheels, the receiver has 13" wheels (or at least I'm trying to make appear so). I reduce the scale of the donor wheels by 15% so they will approximate 13" with 3dSimed. I change the tyre.ini data so that the radius is correct for 13 wheels with 45 aspect ratio sidewall height. Everything looks correct in CM Showroom until I hit align using data where they blow up to full height looking like a dragster and on track the sink slightly into the tarmac. I'm at wits end with this one :banghead::banghead:
Isolate object --> Wheel
Scale x/y/z every item in wheel. Every item.
Save as object
Replace object on original car with just saved object (scaled down wheel)

I don't think there's a way to do that in AC. Do U mean kind of like the way the cars race in Wreckfest? That wouldn't be feasible I think in AC, IMO.
never play wreckfest, but what i mean, it's in some way like at the start of the race but this way all along the race, you know when the cars are near each other, one car overtake another, then itself is overtaken too etc...

Is there a way to fix this z-buffer issue in KS editor or is the issue with the FBX file? i've tried all three of the depth mode options, but the crowd and flag behind is still showing through the foreground flag - any help would be appreciated.

XmKWC9e.png

Ah I see, can you show me how to fix that? Desperately wanting to do Best Motoring style races XD
I can't explain it any better than the guy who made AI Line Helper on Race Department. Look over there and pick that up. Useful on A LOT of tracks so worth investing into learning.

never play wreckfest, but what i mean, it's in some way like at the start of the race but this way all along the race, you know when the cars are near each other, one car overtake another, then itself is overtaken too etc...
There is nothing for this other than good equaled out cars. I've seen the AI act like this mostly with One Make races because the cars are all the same so very even.

@letsdothis97 the GT500 mod Mascot is referring to, is this the Chivas version (link below) that was just released? Is this yours or did you contribute to it? I have a lot of things going on, I'm older, been in a few crashes... so I might be a little confused.

https://chivas-autoart.wixsite.com/home

If you are responsible for, or part of the Chivas release...

Overall, loving it in VR, and I'm not seeing any issues.

I did notice the strange way that the files are compressed, and how this could cause problems for some users.

Another thing, is that the cars are still listed as 0.5 or Beta.

Tiny details, but I just ran them around Susuka, at least 5-7 laps each, with some minimal tuning. Need to go back and make some additional adjustments for this track (very long straight-aways), and cut some time off the lap times. ...and I want to do it because the cars are very good.

Perfect timing to release these, as Twin Ring Motegi will be released soon... maybe in another month or two as it's creator apparently want's to MAKE SURE it's perfect. It'll probably be one of the best releases for AC... we'll just have to wait a little longer so it is.
Yes I am part of the team, I help with the physics, talking with other teams for models, references and research and funding. I've had a less to do with the Lexus and Honda this time around due to work sadly. As for how the files are laid it that is due to the partnership with circuit hawaii, I apologise if its a hassle.

Doesn't really need a video as it's easy to describe - it's the sun shade strip at the top of the windscreen. It's reflective, so in cockpit view it reflects the road, kerbs, white lines etc.
Just like glass sometimes does on bad mods that don't have windscreen shaders set up properly - there's a 'snow storm' effect as it reflects the road.
Note: it's an issue when viewed from the cockpit only, not externally.
Ok I think I get where you are coming from. Just to make sure before I get Charles to upload a patch please try this.

aaeacfb4f5265267a04ddbcab79e1571.png

Open CM showroom and select the banner

d9e261ffa618b426b59fa09b89739295.png

On the right click the three dots next to the right of Name: int_windshield

A window should pop up and click change values.

93357c45f2d54f68e03a29bb9ed322e1.png

Set the values for the three fresnel parameters as 0 and click save. close the showroom and try and see if that fixes your problem. Let me know if it does help and I'll throw up a patch.

Isolate object --> Wheel
Save as object
It's always the one step you miss. I'm pretty sure I did all of the above except for save as object. I just rescaled, then saved as 3se, then replaced in receiving car. Will try again with that extra step.

Is there a way to fix this z-buffer issue in KS editor or is the issue with the FBX file? i've tried all three of the depth mode options, but the crowd and flag behind is still showing through the foreground flag - any help would be appreciated.

XmKWC9e.png
Check the objects transparency flag.

I can't explain it any better than the guy who made AI Line Helper on Race Department. Look over there and pick that up. Useful on A LOT of tracks so worth investing into learning.

There is nothing for this other than good equaled out cars. I've seen the AI act like this mostly with One Make races because the cars are all the same so very even.
thanks a lot, i do a lot of "one make race" but cannot manage to obtain that behaviour :/
After 30 sec they form a column... Following each other without overtake.
Got a very civilized and corteous AI :)

Hey gang, Newbie here, have been creeping, learning alot from y'all about the workings of AC/CM/CSP. Thanks! My background is in CG/animation, but have been hooked on virtual racing through GPL/F1-99-02/the GTRs/rFactors etc. I was sure that rFactor2 was gonna win, but of course AC crushed it.
I do alot of customization for offline ai racing, a nut for immersion, 60s-90s racing, WSC/CanAm/DRM mostly. I do authentic driver lineups, alot of BOPing and AI_Hints.ini (learning!) to get my opponents to act like real drivers (while making them much harder to beat) Ok, I'm described. I will proceed to ask too many questions, but will be contributing stuff, for sure.

Question: As I'm driving through various landscapes there's some cases where it's very obviously rendering the shadows and details right in front of me as I drive. So for example going up a long hill at Solitude it's as if this wonderfully rendered scenes is like a bubble around the car that only reaches so far ahead of me (in many cases not far enough ahead) and ends up doing it's rendering visibly as I drive (only the shadows, grassfx, not the whole scene and only on-car cameras show it). I tried extending hither/yon planes in Graphics Adjustments -Adaptive Clip planes and LOD Multiplier in cm/csp to no avail. Seems like it's something that's up to CSP, but where? (and what does FOV exponent do?) (i9/64GB/2080ti/Fanatec2.5 etc)

Show me please... (arrow shows the bubble edge)

Welcome @sab001,
unfortunately I don´t really know what causes this effect. Maybe this one in Smart Shadows from CSP?
But as you see mine are default, so I didn´t experimented with them yet:
upload_2020-5-5_21-52-11.png

On the other hand, you reminded me of something.... :scared::sly:

Ahem, *cough, cough* this Solitude ... *cough* 1964 *cough* I´m getting old.. *cough, cough* totally forgot to share it here with you all. Again... sorry ... :D

A lot of work and time spended in improving the track and I wanted to improve it even more, but I heard just before christmas that Fat-Alfie is doing a new scratch made version. Don´t know how long this will need to be released, but I lost interest in working on it since then, as Fat-Alfie´s version will surely be awesome like all his tracks. :)
So this went to drawer and just now taken out there... :)

Yapp, Ok, it is as it is. See it as placeholder till Fat-Alfie´s one will be released. If someone will take this and will work on it, that should be no prob.
I asked Rainmaker before and got his permission to modify and re-release his old tracks. Thank you, sir! :bowdown:
Many ones where involved getting this done so far, so I thanks them all too:
  • @leBluem made most of lights
  • @norms some extra trees and hided some holes in treewalls
  • @Fanapryde did the initial start to work on it by asking if I could reduce this amount of crowdwalls and he did a lot of testing and given many feedback
  • from Jonah Hax and the VAC Team on discord a lot of testing and feedback too
  • Fat-Alfie helped with pointing me how to fix sticky tree walls
It´s to long ago, hope I didn´t forgot anyone.
Still not optimized in performance, some weird bushes and ugly horror buildings and light flickering trees on track, but as mentioned before, take as placeholder if ya like. I´ll not put a lot of work on it, if not very buggy things appear... :scared:
Working imo so far:
  • seasonal changes
  • lights, even blinking emercency lights on some vehicles
  • new grass with flowers
  • new water shader
  • removed a lot of crowdwalls
  • overall brightness, contrast adjustments
  • vao-patch
  • unsticky some treewalls
  • some new trees
  • fixes here and there
Enjoy it till a way better version rises ... :)
Hopefully soon... :)

https://sharemods.com/hna1pddcxcix/solitude1964.7z.html

Last edited:
PM me, this would imo take to much space, time to explain it here. :)

Edit: just seen @norms pushed you to the right point, sorry for double post. :(

Last edited:
It's always the one step you miss. I'm pretty sure I did all of the above except for save as object. I just rescaled, then saved as 3se, then replaced in receiving car. Will try again with that extra step.
Isolate object --> Wheel
Save as object
Still doesn't seem to work. There is no 'save as obect per se'. I select the wheel which in this case is only one object. Re-scale, then close the object which saves your changes, export the textures, save as 3se, then replace with object from disk. As usual looks great in showroom but grows larger with align using data even though the tyre.ini data is correct. Guess I'll use another wheel/tire combo instead.
The pitch angle in car.ini however does resolve the forward pitch issue so I guess I'm halfway there.

Good afternoon everyone.

I would like to do a clean AC installation if I lose the cars and the tracks.
The game is not working well and I calculate it must be due to the installation of mod over mod.
Does anyone know any easy way? Obviously I thought about supporting TRACKS and CARS but there are some mods that have parts for many folders and obviously at 300gb there is a lot that I don't know how to recover if I simply delete it.
Of course, thank you very much to everyone.

OK so updated to sol 1.5 and now the AI headlights are on all the time, have clicked the obvious possibilities and in the weather.ini's head lights are not mean to be on.
Anyone come across this?
Since a couple of days the AI always have their lights on. Tried also the obvious possibilities but probably I'm missing one? Do you (or anyone else) have the solution? CSP1.52 SOL151

- (un)checked real condtions in drive tab
- SOL config in game (un)checked CSP lights controlled by SOL (page 3)
- (un)checked seasonal adjustments
- WeatherFX: Misc. (un)checked both -> turn headlights on when AI does that, if date not set use original sun trajectory
- tried several tracks MOD and KS - several continents/all seasons - and set the time 2PM

Hopefully someone has the right 'fix' for this stressful moment (who does recognize that: While trial and error-ing and you're out of options - at least that's what I'm thinking right now) :confused:

Edit: ooh and when going back to CSP1.46, 47,48,49,50 it is ok. But for more and more cars/features you need CSP1.52 (and also 151 has always AI lights on)

Last edited:
thanks a lot, i do a lot of "one make race" but cannot manage to obtain that behaviour :/
After 30 sec they form a column... Following each other without overtake.
Got a very civilized and corteous AI :)
That's like the somewhat borked AI in rFactor 2. They form a conga line and all brake at the same time. Not sure if they fixed that yet.

Still doesn't seem to work. There is no 'save as obect per se'. I select the wheel which in this case is only one object. Re-scale, then close the object which saves your changes, export the textures, save as 3se, then replace with object from disk. As usual looks great in showroom but grows larger with align using data even though the tyre.ini data is correct. Guess I'll use another wheel/tire combo instead.
The pitch angle in car.ini however does resolve the forward pitch issue so I guess I'm halfway there.
I just rescaled the wheels on the Jaguar E-Type. The same thing happened when I did it wrong. Looked great and started working on data in Custom Showroom and they went big again. I looked at some more tutorials and realized there was a lot more too it then I thought.
Look at this:

That new GT500 pack from Chivas is really annoying. I've tried several methods of unpacking it but it throws hundreds of errors every time. Does anyone know what's up here?

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back