Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,767 comments
Sportsland SUGO Digital7Fox Skins set up for Content Manager, with and without grass retexture.

With the recent release of Chivas Autoart's Super GT500 cars, I've started testing them on the "appropriate" tracks that are used in the series.

When I loaded the version of Sportsland SUGO I had installed, I personally disliked the dark, over-saturated grass and trees. With further investigation, I discovered that the original track wasn't like this, and I preferred the original grass and tree textures. I had apparently installed a re-texture mod by Digital7Fox, but didn't test it at the time.

With this change (Mediafire link at the bottom), you can now benefit from Digital7Fox's update, but with or without the grass update. I didn't change any of the mod's files, but made two copies, one without the modified grass and trees.

in the README...
------------------------------
This allows you to select between Digital7Fox's texture update to Sportsland Sugo, but with and without his grass textures. Some may like all of the other updates, but may feel the grass is too dark or over-saturated.

There are two variations that can be selected
1. "DF Ed with grass" that applies all of the textures with the darker, more saturated grass.
2. "DF Ed no grass" that applies all of the new textures EXCEPT the grass, so it uses the grass and color textures that came with original track.

Download the mod Digital7Fox Sportsland SUGO Ed. 1.0
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/sportsland-sugo-ed.27154/

****IMPORTANT****

When Digital7Fox's mod is installed, do not copy the files in the skins/default folder (assettocorsa/content/tracks/sportsland_sugo/skins/default), or if they're already there, remove them, as they will now be in the cm_skins folder, and selectable in Content Manager.

Original Track
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/sportsland-sugo.9683/

Link Available for 14-days
http://www.mediafire.com/file/qu6ioyshiszug0i/Sportsland_Sugo_Skins_20-0506A.zip/file

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for the double post, I didn't realise a lot of people had questions and feedback.

OK the banner issue should get patched soon, thats down to Charles as he runs the website. As for the driver model none of us had vr so we didnt test that, definitely something to think about in the future for testing. As the the GT-R roof being reflective that may take longer to fix because non reflective carbon fiber looks weird so I'll need to get a good balance.

Thanks for the feedback, it means a lot, the teams gone through a lot and we are improving with every project. Personally I dont think we are up there with RSS just yet, they are on another level and this hobby requires years and years of improvement. Hopefully we can work again with URD like with this pack.

So I don't post much here, just pretty much lurk and collect a lot of the great content and fixes you guys post. It's really addicting and fun- I really appreciate you all.

Regarding the chivas 2013 GT500 mod, man I love these things. However, I found a couple small issues, besides the aforementioned graphical things, in the setup.ini. I'm not bitching, but hoping my two cents can help make it even better at some point...

Firstly, I can't seem to hit the "ideal" tire pressure (24 psi) in testing at Suzuka, Tsukuba, and Autopolis, so far. (I think I noticed this on a few other chivas cars, and some of Shaun Clarke's mods.) The lowest tire pressure adjustment is 15 psi in the menu, but it would be nice to drop that number down to say 11, to give the car some more flexibilty. There is quite a bit of pressure gain when the tires come up to temp. Peeping into the setup.ini in the the data folder, I found the pressure numbers and tweaked them as mentioned. The cars feel even better hitting that ideal 24.

The second thing I noticed is the brake bias adjustment is missing in the setup menu. Again, looking in the setup.ini, it's there, but it's placed in same positional coordinates as the rev limiter in the generic tab. Adjusting the y parameter to 2 made it appear in the menu.

One other detail is that although the brakes pressure feel is perfect for me as is, some people might also like the ability to adjust that as well, if possible.

Hope this helps.

Hm, does not work. For instance, the mesh is called vw_t1_01 and it is located in solitude1964-p2.kn5 but it won´t disappear. I have it like this:

FILE = solitude1964.kn5, solitude1964-p2.kn5, solitude1964-p3.kn5, solitude1964-p4.kn5
HIDE = ?peopleapolizei1_mu?, ?polizei02?, ?polizei01?, ?vw_t1_01?

You seem to be a bit lazy... lol.
First of all, imo every kn5 file needs his own hide block.
Second, what did I wrote? MESHES not MATERIALS... ;)
Third, it seems that some stuff can´t be hided

This track camed with a lot of different splitted kn5 files and many objects like campline01$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ aren´t named correctly, more the 3DSimEd way if something wents wrong I suppose.
It took me a lot of time to understand it and to get things done right.
I took what I got and tried to make the best out of there. You should try the same... ;)

In this case I´m afraid you have to just open track in an 3D editor and remove the objects the hard way. This way you don´t hit "hidden" objects too. HIDE don´t remove them, only hides them. :)

Or just wait for the next marvelous Fat-Alfie track. ;)
As I mentioned, I don´t really see the perspective to fix or change this track a lot more. There are more exciting stuff out there. ;)

Hi back with another technical issue again, don't worry this is a fun one!

Does anybody here @Masscot @norms @slider666 or others know anything about the audio bank files? As a little joke I wanted the US national anthem to play when you drove past the capitol building in Washington DC, then from this learning experience I hope to add crowd noises, birds, vendors, pit sounds etc to tracks going forward.

I have managed to get this to work! (sort of) only in f7 free cam mode - here is the video, obviously requires volume on to hear it.

I followed the instructions on

https://assettocorsamods.net/threads/additional-track-sound-with-csp.2058/

And also posted their asking for help, but i'd really love to be able to make the sounds audible when inside the car, or in chase cam - things like some distant crowd noises etc would really add atmosphere to the tracks I make.

Thanks for any help you guys can offer.

:) Tyrone.

Sorry for the inconvenience, would someone have the link to the Devel Sixteen ?, for personal use only.
maxresdefault.jpg

Fixed it but it seems as though the street tyres are really grippy. Using the generated ones from Tyre Machines. What do you think?

Well that's odd then, every time I've ever attempted to change anything in the data of an encrypted car, it wont load at all, doesn't matter how small the change.

Normal street tyres probably will be pretty grippy on it, it's quite light and not packing a great deal of power from the engine. I'd guess you want street 90s on it if you want it to move around a bit more.

Well that's odd then, every time I've ever attempted to change anything in the data of an encrypted car, it wont load at all, doesn't matter how small the change.

Normal street tyres probably will be pretty grippy on it, it's quite light and not packing a great deal of power from the engine. I'd guess you want street 90s on it if you want it to move around a bit more.
I don't know, I've altered some encrypted cars before. I just can't repack the acd file. A folder it remains.
Let's see if anyone complains about the tyre grip before changing anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
Little update to the Nissan Skyline R32 Gr.A/DTM
Diffs adjusted for even better rotation so the tyres don't get chewed up so fast. Many minor details adjusted and skins added.
This thing will eat tyres if you go power sliding all over so mind the squeal if you can. Bop'd to run with Kunos 90's touring/dtm cars. Make sure to add a Sierra into the mix.
preview.jpg

Little update to the Nissan Skyline R32 Gr.A/DTM
Diffs adjusted for even better rotation so the tyres don't get chewed up so fast. Many minor details adjusted and skins added.
This thing will eat tyres if you go power sliding all over so mind the squeal if you can. Bop'd to run with Kunos 90's touring/dtm cars. Make sure to add a Sierra into the mix.
View attachment 918384

Niiice, And don't forget to add a Group A Mitsubish Starion for just an added bit of spice

Sportsland SUGO Digital7Fox Skins set up for Content Manager, with and without grass retexture.

With the recent release of Chivas Autoart's Super GT500 cars, I've started testing them on the "appropriate" tracks that are used in the series.

When I loaded the version of Sportsland SUGO I had installed, I personally disliked the dark, over-saturated grass and trees. With further investigation, I discovered that the original track wasn't like this, and I preferred the original grass and tree textures. I had apparently installed a re-texture mod by Digital7Fox, but didn't test it at the time.

With this change (Mediafire link at the bottom), you can now benefit from Digital7Fox's update, but with or without the grass update. I didn't change any of the mod's files, but made two copies, one without the modified grass and trees.

in the README...
------------------------------
This allows you to select between Digital7Fox's texture update to Sportsland Sugo, but with and without his grass textures. Some may like all of the other updates, but may feel the grass is too dark or over-saturated.

There are two variations that can be selected
1. "DF Ed with grass" that applies all of the textures with the darker, more saturated grass.
2. "DF Ed no grass" that applies all of the new textures EXCEPT the grass, so it uses the grass and color textures that came with original track.

Download the mod Digital7Fox Sportsland SUGO Ed. 1.0
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/sportsland-sugo-ed.27154/

****IMPORTANT****

When Digital7Fox's mod is installed, do not copy, or remove the files in the skins/default folder (assettocorsa/content/tracks/sportsland_sugo/skins/default), as they will now be in the cm_skins folder, and selectable in Content Manager.

Original Track
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/sportsland-sugo.9683/

Link Available for 14-days
http://www.mediafire.com/file/qu6ioyshiszug0i/Sportsland_Sugo_Skins_20-0506A.zip/file
That looks good! But still waiting for someone to fix that huge bump on the last long right corner, that just ruins the track imo

This car is originally a mod that Kunos bought no? Like the 787B, When I download the Miata from RD, it's exacly the same less finsihed, so probably Kunos didn'treally reworked the car.

I never knew the fact that the MX-5 and the 787B were mods included later in the base game. Is there more car mods turned into official content besides the mentioned cars?

Talking about car mods, i've just finished updating the Shadow DN1 published on Assettoland on January 1st, 2020. It's performance, handling and shaders were mediocre, so i gave it a much needed polish. The updated mod has been sent to AL and hopefully will be up in a few days.

It was a few years before but all good lol...Could also throw a group A 635csi in their too. This mix is getting all kinds of flavours now :D
Yep, that car ran with the Starion I believe. I'll get a chance to finalize that F50 GT tonight maybe. Might have to find a different sound though, it's been a while since I touched it but now that it looks nice with the new skins, worthy of a reboot.

Tomorrow there will be a new version of the Monza Revamp, with a new structure of the files.

1971 version come a good way. It will be included in a WIP version
With lot of features missing
View attachment 918386 View attachment 918385 View attachment 918388 View attachment 918387
Thanks a lot!

To celebrate that, here a skin for monza 66, because monza 1966 is all about vegetation, made a work around it, kind of variation of greens, try to give more depth to it, sorry for the screenshots, my pc is a potato ^^'

Screenshot_ks_lotus_72d_ks_monza66_7-5-120-1-37-7.jpg

Screenshot_ks_lotus_72d_ks_monza66_7-5-120-1-35-47.jpg

Yep, that car ran with the Starion I believe. I'll get a chance to finalize that F50 GT tonight maybe. Might have to find a different sound though, it's been a while since I touched it but now that it looks nice with the new skins, worthy of a reboot.

Didn't it use the same engine as the "standard" F50 - although it probably had a higher state of tune so may have sounded different. I'm on YT looking and listening for something that sounds like it.

EDIT: HOLY S*** It revved to 11,000 rpm according to the dyno vid I just found.

Hi back with another technical issue again, don't worry this is a fun one!

Does anybody here @Masscot @norms @slider666 or others know anything about the audio bank files? As a little joke I wanted the US national anthem to play when you drove past the capitol building in Washington DC, then from this learning experience I hope to add crowd noises, birds, vendors, pit sounds etc to tracks going forward.

I have managed to get this to work! (sort of) only in f7 free cam mode - here is the video, obviously requires volume on to hear it.

I followed the instructions on

https://assettocorsamods.net/threads/additional-track-sound-with-csp.2058/

And also posted their asking for help, but i'd really love to be able to make the sounds audible when inside the car, or in chase cam - things like some distant crowd noises etc would really add atmosphere to the tracks I make.

Thanks for any help you guys can offer.

:) Tyrone.

Sorry no idea here, not done anything at all with audio I'm afraid. I know you already tagged @slider666, he has done audio work, hopefully he just missed your post and can help out in some way.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back