Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,789 comments
So, I've seen the E30 325i sedan a few pages ago that some one placed the M3 physics on it and that gave me an idea. How can I view the data.acd file from the Kunos M3?

So, I've seen the E30 325i sedan a few pages ago that some one placed the M3 physics on it and that gave me an idea. How can I view the data.acd file from the Kunos M3?
unpack
unpack.PNG

This morning I changed the yesterday Deep Forest Raceway for the new Deep Forest Raceway with reverse,
I do not like the new road surface, unfortunately, I already have erased the previous version, can someone who still has the yesterday (non reverse) version share a link?

New Deep Forest Road Mesh in v1.1: I tested the newest v1.1 update this morning with the BAC Mono again. It has a few sharp bumps in areas of the track that don't really affect the car's travel that much--but they may surprise you at first. There's actually some other improvements at turns and tops of rises that allow faster lap times. One example, the inside of the turn exiting the second overpass doesn't seem to upset the car as much.

I actually like this morning's update to Deep Forest, it adds some "character" to the track, like my closest real-world track develops more bumps as it's used and it ages. But I can understand how "jarring" some of the sharper bumps on the track can be if you're expecting a smooth track.

I captured video of this morning's laps--just need to edit and upload it. I show the install folder to verify I'm using v1.1. I also have a video of yesterday's release, with the BAC Mono. It's interesting to compare them.

It really comes down to a matter of preference on this one.

When Horsma was first released, it was way too bumpy, so bad, it was like a resurface or condemn the track kind of bad. However, Ghoults eventually toned and smoothed the mesh a little, but managed to keep the character he wanted for the track. It's one of my favorite tracks for lighter track cars, but definitely not for rigid race cars with stiff suspension setups.

Last edited by a moderator:
So my T300 killed itself a few days back and I finally got the DFGT up and running and oh my god how on earth did I use this. I need to redial my ffb back in but worse are the pedals, its just so uncomfortable.

Formula Americas 2020 (Indycar) RELEASED!

Now to try this out on Road America. So long my weekend plans!

screenshot_rss_formula_americas_2020_kyalami_2016_6-5-120-19-48-35.jpg

https://racesimstudio.com/

Note: This is only information about the release. This is a paid mod from a reputable group that offers them at a reasonable price--and from my experience, they are worth it. Please visit their site if you're interested in Indycar, F1, and other mods. I am not affiliated with RSS in any way. Just a satisfied customer.

Of course, they could use some skins, as I'm sure someone will produce soon.

O wow, this is such a nice drive. Around the today improved Sonoma Indy layout. Can't stop driving it. But they are ugly, that must be said. The guy who invented the halo should be publicly stoned.

Here it is - the entirety of the 1971, 1975, 1976, 1982, 1984, 1986, 1988, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 2001, 2006, 2008 and 2010 F1 seasons: https://mega.nz/folder/KUlmXAgB#c6eISbUyAXRl_KmCkIitmw

Have any other full grids for other seasons that you'd like the community to have as well? Maybe you have the full grids from some of Schumacher's most dominant years in red, or some classic F1 from the 50's and 60's, you could even have the full grids from the start of the ground effect era. Whatever it is, please feel free to let me know, but I'll need a link to them so I can locate them and add them to the folder.

Cheers,
RenaultDJRTP
F1 2010 doesn't work. When I click start button there is loading screen and after a while game brings me back to main menu. Can someone help me?

O wow, this is such a nice drive. Around the today improved Sonoma Indy layout. Can't stop driving it. But they are ugly, that must be said. The guy who invented the halo should be publicly stoned.

After the F1 halo has kinda' grown on me, and now that I actually feel "naked" in VR in older cars, I actually like the Indycar update.

I hated it, even cringed a little, when I first saw pictures of the first F1 Halo design. How on earth could anyone drive with that support right in front of them? But now I've become accustomed to it, and it is "invisible" until you look right at it (in VR). The Indycar feels even a little more secure--kinda like a safety bubble.

New Deep Forest Road Mesh in v1.1: I tested the newest v1.1 update this morning with the BAC Mono again. It has a few sharp bumps in areas of the track that don't really affect the car's travel that much--but they may surprise you at first. There's actually some other improvements at turns and tops of rises that allow faster lap times. One example, the inside of the turn exiting the second overpass doesn't seem to upset the car as much.

I actually like this morning's update to Deep Forest, it adds some "character" to the track, like my closest real-world track develops more bumps as it's used and it ages. But I can understand how "jarring" some of the sharper bumps on the track can be if you're expecting a smooth track.

I captured video of this morning's laps--just need to edit and upload it. I show the install folder to verify I'm using v1.1. I also have a video of yesterday's release, with the BAC Mono. It's interesting to compare them.

It really comes down to a matter of preference on this one.

When Horsma was first released, it was way too bumpy, so bad, it was like a resurface or condemn the track kind of bad. However, Ghoults eventually toned and smoothed the mesh a little, but managed to keep the character he wanted for the track. It's one of my favorite tracks for lighter track cars, but definitely not for rigid race cars with stiff suspension setups.

I cant play in Horsma in VR, it makes me sick, and by the moment, Deep Forest too.

Hi Ales, is the halo "block" (don't know if it's the right term) the view when you play on screen, because all the openwheel i drive with halo, i really see nothing in front of me so i cannot play at all, in real life, generally the vertical part of the halo in front of the driver is more thin than in game...
I love so much indycar and want to play indycar in AC since long time now, perhaps the time has come ^^

Hi Ales, is the halo "block" (don't know if it's the right term) the view when you play on screen, because all the openwheel i drive with halo, i really see nothing in front of me so i cannot play at all, in real life, generally the vertical part of the halo in front of the driver is more thin than in game...
I love so much indycar and want to play indycar in AC since long time now, perhaps the time has come ^^

If you love it, then you should really buy this mod. This is by far the best indy mod in Assetto, better than their F1 cars, maybe best rss mod. Halo you can semi disable it with some mods in the setup menu of the car. All RSS mods have this option. Then it is still there, but not so bad:

halo1.jpg

halo2.jpg

Last edited:
Hello together,

I recently uploaded and posted my first fantasy city circuit I made with the RTB for AC on racedepartment.com.

The community there recommended to post it here as well to get some feedback and help.
So...what do you think? What should and what could be improved? Any other tips?

Thanks in advance!

Again, one reminder...it's my very first track I made. So please bear with me :embarrassed:

Mods are one of my main motivations for wanting to move to PC gaming, especially for AC. I play Motorsport Manager and Civ 5 on my crappy laptop with a ton of mods and they are great. AC is fun on PS4, but I need those mods.

Is steam workshop the main resource people use?

Here is a quick and dirty fix for indy layout.
1 - add missing cones
2 - create a small zone where penalty occurs (because you can drive through that cones)
3 - declare all part of track named TRACKOUT as non valid part (drawback is that if you go wide on the last hairpin, time will be invalidated)

Put files in your sonoma folder (it will only modify indy layout)

edit : never forget that it could make the track invalid for online play. I don't really know what is part of checked files for accessing server online.
So make backup to be able to revert.
No original kn5 are replaced, only models.ini (models_indy.ini BTW) and surfaces.ini needs to be edited to go back to previous version.

Sonoma Track Limits

I've just tested this. Overall, I think it's a step in the right direction.

However, maybe because it's a "quick and dirty" fix, there's a track limit issue at T3, just before you approach the top of the hill. I just barely touch the kerb on the inside of the turn, and the lap is invalidated. Maybe the kerb is not set correctly for track limits or something else is going on.

[EDIT] I returned and tested it again. Actually, you don't even have to touch the kerb to invalidate the lap. Maybe it has something to do with the patches on the inside of the turn.

Hi,
I recently downloaded suzuka circuit on this topic and I have dull color of grass, not very green as on previews of the track.
someone know how to change color of grass ?
Thank you

Hi,
I recently downloaded suzuka circuit on this topic and I have dull color of grass, not very green as on previews of the track.
someone know how to change color of grass ?
Thank you
Do you have seasons enabled in Content manager? If you have winter time set, grass is not as green.

Hello together,

I recently uploaded and posted my first fantasy city circuit I made with the RTB for AC on racedepartment.com.

The community there recommended to post it here as well to get some feedback and help.
So...what do you think? What should and what could be improved? Any other tips?

Thanks in advance!

Again, one reminder...it's my very first track I made. So please bear with me :embarrassed:

not bad man, looks like it has a good flow.

Do you have seasons enabled in Content manager? If you have winter time set, grass is not as green.
I have disabled "use seasonal adjustsment" in weather fx option but it doesn't change anything.
I try to force a date, a weather, a time, nothing does the grass green ...

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back