Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,778 comments
Hello everyone,
I found Tamura's Autodromo International track (Brazil) by 1st Racing Studio v1.0 on Youtube, the track was not working (error track not found ", so I corrected the filename to" first_tamura "and now it works fine good ("frs_tamura before") but there are only 2 pits whereas I see in the pits a lot more places, someone could modify for example to 20 pits this track ? I am not modder.
I have all ERL and @VheEth tracks with Stockcar 2019 and Copas Petrobras mods and I need this track for my championship.
I can send you the link track in zip file, it's on my Mega server.

Last edited:
attached. I know i also hate having to sign up to spam, fwiw it didnt make pcar2 feel any better, still lousy compared to rf2/ams2/acc etc (i already had the jack spade version, so no huge impact in my case)

OK, this is better!
I like it.
But the grass is flat, the trees are the worst in any sim, the replays are poor....... I could go on.
God i actually hate PCars 2....

I don't care what people thinks as long as I enjoy something.
If a car/track combo is good to me and makes me spend some 15 good minutes I don't feel ashame to say I also play PC2. Do I prefer it over AC? not at all, but that doesn't mean is all crap.

Fanboysm... I stay away from pc forums and sometimes I'd want to stay away from other forums (RD) too.

it's not good what people say is good for you, is good what you like. never be afraid of having your own opinion.

2 cents from a 47 y.o.

GUERILLA Mods british gt4 skin pack that I will been working on but first release it will include 3 cars in it links :

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/british-gt-championships-gt4-skin-pack.35349- race department

https://mega.nz/file/ywhnURKZ#x1jrp8nnPttdAjzhO2mH36wPa6HNw1KS1M_wRrEm7ZE - mega for people don't have race department accounts

8xcKnzL.jpg

Last edited:
I don't care what people thinks as long as I enjoy something.
If a car/track combo is good to me and makes me spend some 15 good minutes I don't feel ashame to say I also play PC2. Do I prefer it over AC? not at all, but that doesn't mean is all crap.

Fanboysm... I stay away from pc forums and sometimes I'd want to stay away from other forums (RD) too.

it's not good what people say is good for you, is good what you like. never be afraid of having your own opinion.

2 cents from a 47 y.o.

Yes and my opinion is that PCars 2 has crap grass / trees.....

"never be afraid of having your own opinion" works both ways....

At least though as i said, the christiaan FFB settings are really very good.

I took the Ginetta GT4 out and it felt loads better, still feels like its not riding on rubber, but felt better than it did.

Then i took AMS2 Ginetta GT4 out, feels wonderful, grass looks better, trees look better... I really need to us AMS2 more.

AC steals all my time.

were there any newer version of this, id like to complete my aussie collection, but, screwed if I am going to pay 50 bucks for the other one.. the guys must be smoking crack..
Yea its pretty good, considering its laser scanned, but it was released unfinished, you couldnt do pitstops because they stuffed that up etc etc. still awaiting an update, i messaged them twice about it havent heard anything back

Another Lancer for the collection ,with very good physics

View media item 66813
Mitsubishi Lancer GT-A

-Rims changed to the OZ Racing
-Changed track width
-Changed suspension settings
-Changed engine sound
-Changed gearbox settings
-Changed engine power
-Changed turbocharging control
-Changed settings of AWD drives
-Changed tyres and their size
-Changed position of the tank
-Change gearshifts
-Changed steering settings
-Revised tyre shaders
-Revised interior shaders
-Added car description
-Added air intake on the hood
-Added new lights
-Added signal indicators

and many more ....

tr_mitsubishi_lancer_evo_vii_gta.rar - 66.5 MB

At least though as i said, the christiaan FFB settings are really very good.

Since you seem to enjoy the improvement that Christiaan’s file bring to PCars2, you might also want to try
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=279199&d=1587642836

So what can you expect in "Christiaan's Pure FFB v2.0 Beta1"...

Improvements:
- Improved feel over curbstones
- Improved differentiating feel between what's coming from the left and right tyre
- Finally some natural fall-out of the road feel
- Increased wheel weight in all cars
- A far better sense of weight transfer
- Far reduced to almost no oscillation in all circumstances without the need for LSS (Low Speed Smoothing aka anti-oscillation)

Known possible issues:
- Weight transfer might be a bit too strong from my personal point of view, but am still awaiting feedback from someone who has driven cars on the knife's edge.
- Due to more pronounced weight transfer I did get the odd tank slapper of which I did not know if it was my own stupidity or that, which might be car specific

I enjoy PCars2 since I have been using Christiaan’s file. I still prefer AC, but some combo are very entertaining to me in the state of the art VR in PCars2. The open cockpit Honda at knockhill is one of them. The formula Renault on any track is also a nice combo. A lot of the mods we are trying and using in AC are not as good to me as a good combo in PCars2. After a little over 4,800 hours in AC, I know which SIM I prefer, but I am glad that I have spent a little over 200 hours in PCars2, even if the first hours before Christiaan’s file have been more frustrating than enjoyable. The beautiful VR in PCars2 is outstanding to me and compensate for other aspects that are good but not the best. AC is not perfect either, no SIM is, so far.

Fingers crossed. The last gokart I tried was this one https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/gokart.16419/ which was ok but still did that weird thing of spinning into oblivion whenever it felt like it.

Right, purely my personal preference, BUT if that new Kart is feeling a bit weird, the 'steer assist' in car.ini file is at 0.0.... Kunos standard is 1.00.
F1 cars maybe at 0.65-0.85 (also high downforce like LMP).

First thing i did when i hated this kart, was change that to 1.00...

For me, much better. (it may make no difference on a controller though)

Basically in a nut shell, steer assist at 0.0 is just giving maximum ffb forces at slow speed corners as you would get at high speed corners...

Lord Kunos himself made it pretty clear what steer assist does and at 0.0 it is IMO and his, ridiculous.

I think the steer ratio on that kart at 25 could be looked at too so will try with a lower one.
Karts don't have a steering ratio like a london taxi cab IIRC...

Aside from that, i like it.

EDIT:
OK looking at beezers kart and the superkart and that weird mini porsche one, steer ratios are 4.0 ish.
This new kart is at 25.... personally i have a hunch that there should be a '.' in between the 2 and 5......

I'll give it a try...

Last edited:
Since you seem to enjoy the improvement that Christiaan’s file bring to PCars2, you might also want to try
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=279199&d=1587642836

So what can you expect in "Christiaan's Pure FFB v2.0 Beta1"...

Improvements:
- Improved feel over curbstones
- Improved differentiating feel between what's coming from the left and right tyre
- Finally some natural fall-out of the road feel
- Increased wheel weight in all cars
- A far better sense of weight transfer
- Far reduced to almost no oscillation in all circumstances without the need for LSS (Low Speed Smoothing aka anti-oscillation)

Known possible issues:
- Weight transfer might be a bit too strong from my personal point of view, but am still awaiting feedback from someone who has driven cars on the knife's edge.
- Due to more pronounced weight transfer I did get the odd tank slapper of which I did not know if it was my own stupidity or that, which might be car specific

I enjoy PCars2 since I have been using Christiaan’s file. I still prefer AC, but some combo are very entertaining to me in the state of the art VR in PCars2. The open cockpit Honda at knockhill is one of them. The formula Renault on any track is also a nice combo. A lot of the mods we are trying and using in AC are not as good to me as a good combo in PCars2. After a little over 4,800 hours in AC, I know which SIM I prefer, but I am glad that I have spent a little over 200 hours in PCars2, even if the first hours before Christiaan’s file have been more frustrating than enjoyable. The beautiful VR in PCars2 is outstanding to me and compensate for other aspects that are good but not the best. AC is not perfect either, no SIM is, so far.

Would love the try it but i'd have to sign up to PCars forum for that one. Cheers anyway.

Just interesting where you got this mod. I looked on GTSSupreme, and they dont show a supercart250.
Unless they had it and took it off their list.

Just curious.
Dave
Haven't a clue. I just put the filename in google, and thats the link that popped up

Right, purely my personal preference, BUT if that new Kart is feeling a bit weird, the 'steer assist' in car.ini file is at 0.0.... Kunos standard is 1.00.

Basically in a nut shell, steer assist at 0.0 is just giving maximum ffb forces at slow speed corners as you would get at high speed corners...

Lord Kunos himself made it pretty clear what steer assist does and at 0.0 it is IMO and his, ridiculous.

I think the steer ratio on that kart at 25 could be looked at too so will try with a lower one.

EDIT:
OK looking at beezers kart and the superkart and that weird mini porsche one, steer ratios are 4.0 ish.
This new kart is at 25.... personally i have a hunch that there should be a '.' in between the 2 and 5......

I'll give it a try...

I tried setting down the steer ratio to 2.5 and the car completely freaks out if you don't set the the steer lock to 5.0

Even then this kart rocks way too easily considering that they typically have a low CoG.

Speaking of which, the original release only has Ver.3 tyres, so I had to use the tyres from the Cercata kart to get it up to Ver.10 and re-adjust the size values to match the original release. However with these Version 10 tyres fitted, the car clips through the floor partially under hard turning.

Last edited:
@Beezer215 You hearing this? I know you like your gokarts too
Looking forward to using it! Looks like people are already tinkering with values. :P

EDIT:

I'll give it a try...
I just wanted to remind that when I put that kart out there, I was going for a fun version and not so realistic. But that doesn't mean if you like an aspect you couldn't adapt it into any other kart. One of the problems I was noticing was how AC reacts to such a short wheelbase and no suspension. It doesn't like it.
I tried to add in "fake" suspension to get the feeling of weight transfer and to try to get the kart to drift in a controllable manner like cars do. Still on the list of things to fiddle with. Now with these karts all over, might be time to get back in the seat. You are correct though Safi, the steering is a HUGE deal in making these usable or garbage and small changes can make big improvements. I spent a lot of time in the trial and error department and hours can just fly by. :D

Looking forward to using it! Looks like people are already tinkering with values. :P

I just wanted to remind that when I put that kart out there, I was going for a fun version and not so realistic. But that doesn't mean if you like an aspect you couldn't adapt it into any other kart. One of the problems I was noticing was how AC reacts to such a short wheelbase and no suspension. It doesn't like it.
I tried to add in "fake" suspension to get the feeling of weight transfer and to try to get the kart to drift in a controllable manner like cars do. Still on the list of things to fiddle with. Now with these karts all over, might be time to get back in the seat. You are correct though Safi, the steering is a HUGE deal in making these usable or garbage and small changes can make big improvements. I spent a lot of time in the trial and error department and hours can just fly by. :D

Well i'm gonna try with 5.0 steer lock and 2.5 ratio and see - but of course for me and my controller it may just be a waste of time anyways, wheel users will prolly have a much better experience but it is what it is (for now)

I tried setting down the steer ratio to 2.5 and the car completely freaks out if you don't set the the steer lock to 5.0

Even then this kart rocks way too easily considering that they typically have a low CoG.

Speaking of which, the original release only has Ver.3 tyres, so I had to use the tyres from the Cercata kart to get it up to Ver.10 and re-adjust the size values to match the original release. However with these Version 10 tyres fitted, the car clips through the floor partially under hard turning.

I noticed the front seems to low and the tyres clip a bit into the tarmac even before you change the tyres.

It's good, and great to see a kart that looks the part in AC, but yeah needs a few things tidying up.
Tyres on version 3 i wonder where they are borrowed from?

I would love to see beezer unleash it's potential.

Wow that is one crazy fast lap on the Nords. You better know the track pretty well or you will be off into the cornfields. Very impressive lap time
by that driver.
Most of us (old racers) were one of the first to learn this track and know it by heart. I tried today and my result is 5.09, and this is not the limit. In real life, you can't go that way.

Attachments

• Desktop Screenshot 2020.08.15 - 19.13.34.89.png
    Desktop Screenshot 2020.08.15 - 19.13.34.89.png
    48.1 KB · Views: 30
Well i'm gonna try with 5.0 steer lock and 2.5 ratio and see - but of course for me and my controller it may just be a waste of time anyways, wheel users will prolly have a much better experience but it is what it is (for now)

Just looked at suspensions app on track and the steer ration there on track is 3.5!

So to have it as 25 in car.ini should not be yielding nice results.... right lets see what i can do. There could be gold in this.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back