Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,779 comments
When someone's not on facebook, brucekelt released a new truck Kenworth T800

View media item 66838
bk_truck_kent_t800.zip - 60.5 MB

I really like this mod but there are a few things to consider, before you jump into that truck:

• the drivetrain.ini is correctly set to H-shifter (SUPPORTS_SHIFTER=1). BUT this truck has 13 forward gears! So maybe you want to switch to automatic mode or change your setting to paddle-shifters.
  • the tyre wear and tyre temperature on this car is insane. Tyres heat up really fast and are gone after a few kilometers. Right now I am trying to fix that with some settings supposed to work on rallye cars (gravel). But I have no luck so far. Just be warned.

Different than what? A kart with full sized car suspension on it? lol
I think AC knocks it out of the park here. If you ever wanted to know what a kart feels like with it's suspension points crossing over each other so that basically you're just driving on A-arms flapping around, look no further.
untitled-png.949643

Alright, in all seriousness, the kart is usable and I had mentioned that the AI can't drive these. You have to have them on 100 and even then. when it's go time count to 10 and then take off and play catch up. That's with most karts on tight tracks though, they behave better on car courses or wider courses because that's what the whole game engine was designed around.
If you're looking for some realistic kart experience, maybe reach out to the guy on Race Department that thought this should pass. Before I start taking someone else's work and redoing the whole thing basically from scratch, the guy that made this should probably have a fair shake at making it right.

Yes i agree with you @Beezer215 and is a fun Kart to Drive now. Didnt mean to sound so picky. You know more about creating these car mod designs then I ever will know.

All I need now is the AI Karts to leave the starting grids and I will be a happy camper. Do you see the same thing with RACE mode or is it just me? I will try some Kunos tracks to see if the AI move.

take care,
Dave

Yes i agree with you @Beezer215 and is a fun Kart to Drive now. Didnt mean to sound so picky. You know more about creating these car mod designs then I ever will know.

All I need now is the AI Karts to leave the starting grids and I will be a happy camper. Do you see the same thing with RACE mode or is it just me? I will try some Kunos tracks to see if the AI move.

take care,
Dave
No worries. I'm always for constructive criticism. I'm going to try and fix it. I had them leave the starting grid but they stutter in every corner on the kart tracks I used. Would just take more time analyzing.
The next step I may take if it would be worth it is to reduce the A-Arm size by 2/3rds on each wheel and see what we get. Having already locked down the suspension to no movement, I can say that no one wants that. Once the rear end starts sliding out there is no correcting it, you're gone. I think we want to keep some suspension there even though it's fake suspension to keep in the "play nice" zone of AC's engine. My guess is that wheel lift would be gone and wheel lift is not on the original karts so comparing both would help.

View attachment 949793

GUERILLA Mods - GT4 0.5 Update

Download:
http://bit.ly/GUERILLA_Mods_GT4_BETA

Skins/ Templates:
https://bit.ly/skins_templates

Changelog:
  • ready for rain
  • bop tweaks
  • fixed fuel usage
  • tweaked csp extensions
  • new mapping for windows (skinnable)
  • small bug fixes
  • big thanks to Barbiche Bsa for his dirt textures cars will get dirty now!
  • new light settings (made by malaka Marcel Erner)
Hello. I have Just a quick question. May I ask is this GT4 mod similar to what they are providing in the ACC game?
I dont have the mod yet for ACC.

thank you and take care,
Dave

Hello. I have Just a quick question. May I ask is this GT4 mod similar to what they are providing in the ACC game?
I dont have the mod yet for ACC.

thank you and take care,
Dave

yes and no

yes is similar but doesn't have some cars likes of alpine gt4 or Ginetta GT4 but guerilla mods will be adding them in a later release

Ginetta GT4 is available from Shaun Clarke - https://shaunclarke35.wixsite.com/website/downloads

XJ220S rework coming soon.... for now it looks rough around the edges since it isn't mapped yet the wheels/rims are placeholders for now here's a comparison with my old mod. Forgot to remove the PC2 license plate.
View attachment 949640
View attachment 949641

That'll be a nice addition! I was working here and there on a proper GT1 version but it still needs some 3D work done on it to get logos and banners positioned correctly.

full

Reiza Studios/Malagoli's Garage Brasileiro De Marcas Version 1.3

With all the Reiza Studios tracks improved and released recently I made some slight improvements to this mod.

Adjusted shaders

Made new body map

Added minimal CSP Configurations

Generated LODs

Added UI info

Added Proper Credits

Changed Sounds

Still could use some working wipers. ;)

Hope people can enjoy it more. It's really a fun group to race with. :cheers:

full

Code:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/dld90u0rvazyn7u/Malagoli_Garage_-_BRASILEIRO_DE_MARCAS_Version_1.3.rar/file

yes and no

yes is similar but doesn't have some cars likes of alpine gt4 or Ginetta GT4 but guerilla mods will be adding them in a later release

Ginetta GT4 is available from Shaun Clarke - https://shaunclarke35.wixsite.com/website/downloads

Ah thank you very much. With so many racing games that I have and great DLC and free mods being provided for them, I am loosing track on what is what.

Thanks again and take care.
Dave

About the Karts in AC, the physic engine of AC is not adapted to give good Kart simulation, when I feel like Kart driving I launch KartKraft, it is not perfect but better than anything we will try to extract from the AC engine. Just my opinion, hoping to save some time that could be spent on cars AC can do well.

May I ask is this GT4 mod similar to what they are providing in the ACC game?

No, in my opinion the level of details, the level of precision and the different cars physic, is on totally different level in ACC.
The Guerilla gt4 mod, is great as a AC mod, also you can drive them on tracks that we do not have in ACC.
But if I feel like driving a gt4 on any of the track present in ACC, I will drive ACC. Same goes for GT3.
ACC, for what it does is on a very superior level to AC, every real detail is there and the cars drive fantastic, if you have any interest in GT4, get the DLC. But their is a lot ACC does not do, but for that with have AC.

Last edited:
About the Karts in AC, the physic engine of AC is not adapted to give good Kart simulation, when I feel like Kart driving I launch KartKraft, it is not perfect but better than anything we will try to extract from the AC engine. Just my opinion, hoping to save some time that could be spent on cars AC can do well.
Hard not to agree. The only thing I've really enjoyed in Karts are shifters or faster Karts on city circuits. They can be fun, especially on bumps where sometimes the AI goes spinning into nether regions giving a pretty good laugh. I can't say that they're absolutely useless.

Edit: It's not that I don't enjoy the kart courses, I do. You just have to have the AI on 100, start last and let them go for a few seconds before starting sometimes which is weird, not realistic but still fun playing catch the leader. Sometimes they give a good fight.

Last edited:

No, in my opinion the level of details, the level of precision and the different cars physic, is on totally different level in ACC.
The Guerilla gt4 mod, is great as a AC mod, also you can drive them on tracks that we do not have in ACC.
But if I feel like driving a gt4 on any of the track present in ACC, I will drive ACC. Same goes for GT3.
ACC, for what it does is on a very superior level to AC, every real detail is there and the cars drive fantastic, if you have any interest in GT4, get the DLC. But their is a lot ACC does not do, but for that with have AC.

This is true, having said that though AC has, in my case anyway, totally transcended just being a 'driving simulator' and is more like a crazy playground to endlessly mess around in, sometimes i can spend an hour or 2 and not even turn my wheel.

It's like the mad world of Skyrim or Fallout modding. It becomes such an addiction.

Maybe it's got out of control, but then that is when it's up to the user to reign that in..

Its as much part of the experience now to fiddle with data files, to change trees, move objects, make a camera, take some pictures, smash a Lambo around a rally cross track, that i find other sims quite sterile and dull now.

I have all the sims, so i have the kart sims, the rally sims, the off road sims, iRacing for competitive racing.....

But i never use them for long....i am stuck in AC like some mad 1980's nerd film... or a black mirror episode.

POV
Excuse me Paolo, but your serial replies are almost so embarassing then the stupid questions.
I think it's enough if nobody replies.
Cheers

Thank you for your feedback.

I will continue to be as I am and not what others want.
I'm not and never been politicaly correct. I always say what I think. Believe me, some people need to hear some politicaly incorrect expressions,
to make them shake and think a bit for their own, and think about life priorities.

Usually, most of the human beings, don't like those that tell them some trues and embarassing stuff for them, although pertinent.

Sorry for the offtopic lines boys, but this question was public and not private.

Cheers

PS: I don't need replies, I just want to put they thinking. If not, patience, the problem is theirs.

i think the karts in AMS2 are actually very well made and AMS2 i think has more kart tracks than Kartkraft.
i absolutely hated kartkraft initially, for the same reason I hated acc, the game engine.... trying to run it well on an i7 7700 with a 1070ti was difficult to do, I think the low frame rate == low input rate == bad driving experience. Since upgrading my hardware I have really started to get into it now, it has a heap of updates (with no changelogs..?) and seems to get a bit better each time. I do like the karts in AMS2 as well.. but my preference to kartkraft nowadays.. wish it had more tracks though.

Vx
No worries. I'm always for constructive criticism. I'm going to try and fix it. I had them leave the starting grid but they stutter in every corner on the kart tracks I used. Would just take more time analyzing.
The next step I may take if it would be worth it is to reduce the A-Arm size by 2/3rds on each wheel and see what we get. Having already locked down the suspension to no movement, I can say that no one wants that. Once the rear end starts sliding out there is no correcting it, you're gone. I think we want to keep some suspension there even though it's fake suspension to keep in the "play nice" zone of AC's engine. My guess is that wheel lift would be gone and wheel lift is not on the original karts so comparing both would help.

What you've done so far is to turn an okay of a Kart into a fun machine - I like the change a lot!

View attachment 949793

GUERILLA Mods - GT4 0.5 Update

Download:
http://bit.ly/GUERILLA_Mods_GT4_BETA

Skins/ Templates:
https://bit.ly/skins_templates

Changelog:
  • ready for rain
  • bop tweaks
  • fixed fuel usage
  • tweaked csp extensions
  • new mapping for windows (skinnable)
  • small bug fixes
  • big thanks to Barbiche Bsa for his dirt textures cars will get dirty now!
  • new light settings (made by malaka Marcel Erner)

View attachment 949791 View attachment 949792 View attachment 949793 View attachment 949794 View attachment 949795 View attachment 949797 View attachment 949798 View attachment 949799 View attachment 949800 View attachment 949801 View attachment 949802 View attachment 949803 View attachment 949804 View attachment 949805 View attachment 949806

Thank you, good mod, but, All the stuff on the windscreens? What is it? Bug or intentional, can we remove it somehow? Very distracting.

Amen and hallelujah! In the past year and a half, I’ve created 17 custom championships in CM. Completed 2 so far.

I'd like to know the statistics of how many races I have finished this year compared to how many I've started. I think the finishing-percentage would be 10-20%. I'd say 8-9 times out of ten I can't finish a single lap before I find something in the car of in the track that needs tweaking. Quit, tweak, restart, repeat... It's insane, but it's beautiful. It's insane, but it's why I'm forever madly in love with AC; even a moron like me can do basic modding-tricks to enhance one's sim-driving-experience to perfection.

That's why I encourage every non-modder here: extract that data-file and start messing around! :)

This is true, having said that though AC has, in my case anyway, totally transcended just being a 'driving simulator' and is more like a crazy playground to endlessly mess around in, sometimes i can spend an hour or 2 and not even turn my wheel.

It's like the mad world of Skyrim or Fallout modding. It becomes such an addiction.

Maybe it's got out of control, but then that is when it's up to the user to reign that in..

Its as much part of the experience now to fiddle with data files, to change trees, move objects, make a camera, take some pictures, smash a Lambo around a rally cross track, that i find other sims quite sterile and dull now.

I have all the sims, so i have the kart sims, the rally sims, the off road sims, iRacing for competitive racing.....

But i never use them for long....i am stuck in AC like some mad 1980's nerd film... or a black mirror episode.

Nail on the head....for me it's the sandbox I have the most fun in....I'm sure I have spent thousands upon thousands of hours making track sand castles....hell it even led to a career change for me with the stuff I learnt along the way....now I get to do this kinda thing for a living....lucky me and all thanks to Assetto Corsa

Long live Modding this bonkers game

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back