Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,768 comments

Just watched this last night.
It's so great that these venues of the past stay alive in our sims.
Thank you to you, Dave. And gutbomb :)

I found this a few days ago. The second half has some amazing drifty action

When I started looking for source material to make the track look more like the real thing I extensively referenced these two videos. They helped a lot to find out what sponsors to have and what the track looked like early in it's life. It also showed how the giant banked turn was built back in the day and explained why it was so dang bumpy. Now, I think it being bumpy in AC is just a side effect of how AC handles banking, but it was a nice side effect.

Hi, please take this as just as idea, and not a criticism, as this track is absolutely fantastic, and everyone loves it, me included. The big hump on the main straight clearly brings out a weakness in the Assetto Corsa engine, as it seems to handle extreme jumps in the way the first Gran Turismo used to - wheelies.

Since this is something that breaks the immersion if you are driving anything that can crest the hump at over 250kmh without open wheel downforce (even the 2.7T Phantom got air there :D), would it be an idea to have a second version where the first big hump is slightly reprofiled so it has the same drop but is a bit smoother and more gradual, so the majority of cars jump, but don't wheelie. So like how many tracks have a chicane / no chicane version, this has an 'assetto corsa' version to go with the original.

Again, just an idea, not a criticism. The fault lies with AC, not the track

@gutbomb & @dathyr

Hi ! :)

I wanna thank you very much for your last track "Meadowdale Raceways", It's an absolute great work which I enjoy a lot !
Even if I was a "Nascar Racing 2003" and "rFactor" player, I wasn't aware about it.

I just tested a couple of laps with the Bac Mono (always the car I appreciate to use when I want to learn a track) and here's to you some pictures.
For the moment, It exists only one camera file but It's fine here.

There is a "Mark Webber" moment, not sure I will use his Mercedes on this track..!

Thanks a lot again ! :bowdown: :cool:

Cheers. :cheers:

@gutbomb & @dathyr

Appreciating a lot the track "Meadowland Raceways", I drove 2 cars which respect the period (because I dislike using cars which were not supposed to race on some tracks, that's my personal "police").

The McLaren M1b (from AC Legends) did a huge "Mark Webber moment", I advice the players to be not "full throtlle" on this part of the track with this car.
The 68' Chevy Camaro (AC legends too) was fine during two laps and with less fuel (I began with 50 liters), the car flies a little bit too much and the landing has been lethal... but It shows a little issue, after the picture the car disappeared in another dimension.

If It can help for something.

Cheers ! :cheers:

Yeah this hill. I couldn't find much footage of this particular section on youtube, but when looking at google earth or Race Track Builder (I originally had the idea to build this in Race Track Builder but it has real problems with banked sections that I haven't been able to figure out so I went and did a conversion instead) the real life track is actually a lot narrower, and this hill is a lot more gentle. There are things I wanted to do here that my talent level just didn't allow. I wanted to redo the road mesh to be a bit more true to life, both in terms of raising the poly count so it's smoother where it's supposed to be and reduce the "stepping" on the corners, and in terms of narrowing it where it needs to be narrowed and making that hill not be so insane, but I just don't know how to do that stuff. I also wanted to add some skid marks. The process of converting a track (this is simplified a little bit) from an earlier game is like this:
  • open original track in 3dsimed
  • remove the old game's timing objects
  • rename surfaces to names that AC understands (since AC determines what is road, grass, sand etc based on the name you assign to a surface - this part is mostly pretty simple to do in 3dsimed because it has some robust filtering and renaming tools)
  • add AC timing objects (this is the most tedious and boring part for me because it's repetitive)
  • tweak stuff for ages until it looks nice (this is the most fun part for me: assigning the proper shaders, creating new textures, dropping new trees/spectators/trackside objects, grassfx and CSP lights)
  • optimize for better performance (a dark art I'm just starting to understand thanks to @Zwiss )
  • export as fbx
  • import fbx into kseditor and tweak futher
  • save as kn5
  • enjoy
I feel like I'm pretty good at those parts, but anything that requires creating new 3d models more complex than a sign or a solar panel (or even worse modifying existing models shapes) is way over my head and no matter how many donuts I make in Blender I just don't get it :D And that's okay, I can live with my limitations haha. If someone else wants to team up and help out with the more complex 3d stuff (moving the road requires also moving the terrain next to the road and it's all just too complicated for me) I would love the help there. In Race Track Builder this stuff is pretty simple because it abstracts the complicated 3d modeling stuff into simple "this is a road, this is terrain, we will handle the relationship between these two and give you simple tools to build stuff with" but at the same time that simplification creates a lot of limitations like I experienced here trying to build this place.

All of that being said, there's a certain fun charm in flying off that damn hill.

Last edited:
Friends, is there a default Aggression percentage for AC/CM?
I set mine very low for some reason when I started racing in AC. I mean, like 2%. I think that might be what's causing some dumb AI behavior on my end.

What Aggression percentage are you folks running?
Depends on cars and track AI lines. You should set to as high as possible for a car/track combo. If the AI start doing kamikaze dives, getting to aggressive, and cause giant pile-ups in certain corners, you have gone to high. I usually try with 90, and then move from there in either direction (with the TC cars you can almost always go to 100% from start, with f1 on the other hand, you should go much lower).

I don't like to go lower than 60-70, as then you get a conga line from start to finish usually. Also if you want the AI to actually overtake each other and make mistakes on similar fast cars, you should use variable opponent strenght, +-5% is I guess gives me optimal results.

Last edited:

Just watched this last night.
It's so great that these venues of the past stay alive in our sims.
Thank you to you, Dave. And gutbomb :)

Lovely find. I could watch this kind of footage all day. 👍

I set mine very low for some reason when I started racing in AC. I mean, like 2%. I think that might be what's causing some dumb AI behavior on my end.

Hi teddie,

This is how I have it. I like it because both settings, get me a nice AI variety. Ofcourse, my own taste.

Cheers buddy.
20cs.png

Now on my way to this weekend lots of races IRL to watch. First one will be Russian TCR. :)

Always 100%. With some track+car-combos it makes AI act suicidal/homicidal, but for me it works best most of the time.

I'm having this on a number of sharemod links today. Anyone have any idea on it saying 'no file' when you click the 2nd download link?

Depending on how old the item is, I find either the Author has either removed the items or there is a new updated ones that replaced the one you cant currently load. Do a search on the item and see if any other links come up for it.

Thats about all I know about getting downloads.

View attachment 951253

It is rather steep, isn't it?

I once collected about 70 of these pictures, because I always felt this gem deserved an upgrade :)

Wow it certainly is. Maybe it’s not so steep now because they’ve turned it into a nature trail and they’ve filled it in. Do you have any more of these photos? I’d like to tweak this further if you have them or can show me where you got them.

Wow it certainly is. Maybe it’s not so steep now because they’ve turned it into a nature trail and they’ve filled it in. Do you have any more of these photos? I’d like to tweak this further if you have them or can show me where you got them.
I ill send you a link to what I have.

Hope it gets done some time, well, the track side/edges etc are closer to the kind of edges in lilski's Bridgehampton, I am keen to try this race.

Holy crap...my brain is melting now with the possibility of reverse engineering the laser scan data from the ACC conversion (once its finished)...gotta be the same elevations etc....ok shout here if you think I should have a go at this

Hi ! :)

Talking about the optional sound for the "Ferrari 488 Challenge Evo" brought to us by RSS on Race Department... I gave it up !

I think there is a problem, the "pitch" of the sound is too low and I was having the feeling than this racing car became a limousine.
I was really "puzzled" by my bad thought so I searched some videos and... You will able to listen the sound stills "agressive" and far from the RSS optional sound.
When you drive a lot "by sound" virtually (and It’s here the same problem with the F1 motors V6 Turbo Hybrid), It’s an annoying feeling.

I know RSS got an excellent reputation but on this free sound, It’s a fail and sorry if I’m hurting some people.

Cheers ! :cheers:

Last edited:

There may not be many pictures of the down side of the hill because that area was very wooded in that area and not a good viewing area for the spectators to see. Kind of like the long back stretch on Road America.

Question, would a patch for a Simdream mod (F1-1993)(no SD files included) be allowed here?
On RD?

adding proper reflective carbody, some texture tweaks (that horrible tire-dirt) and proper engine/gearboxes (the generic ones are a joke).
other little tweaks.

note: lmao I should SELL the patch TO Simdream... rofl

Hi! I think this is allowed since it doesn't have any SD files included, but I'm not sure. But, in other hand, me and a bunch of people would love to see any improvement on the SD crap F1 cars, specially the 1993 cars, with their highly sophisticated tech.

For this Saturday night I offer a cult rally car in the best civilian version of the GT4 Carlos Sainz.

View media item 67116
-Changed track width
-Changed suspension settings
-Changed engine sound
-Changed tyres size
-Changed brakes settings
-Changed tyres settings
-Changed engine rpm's
-Changed engine power & torque
-Revised tyre shaders
-Revised car shaders
-Add more light in dashboard
and many more.....

toyota_celica_gt-four_st185.rar - 94.8 MB

I can start working on Mazda :gtpflag:

Thanks for the suggestions on the AI aggression, folks. Man, I think that's what's been missing from my races. From the beginning I've been using around 2.3% aggression. I think I was thinking the AI were just going to punt me all over the place. I've brought it up to 98% and they now take curves a little more naturally, etc. I'm going to do more testing, but this is feeling good.

Hi! I think this is allowed since it doesn't have any SD files included, but I'm not sure. But, in other hand, me and a bunch of people would love to see any improvement on the SD crap F1 cars, specially the 1993 cars, with their highly sophisticated tech.
Thanks. First release is only having some basic fixes:
- Engine/Drivetrains (well.. gears im not worried with now)will all be historic and independent with 13% loss. (all by hand, I dont use that engine tool thingie)
- Aero is untouched, for now
- steering locks increased enough to make the chicane at Monza
- dirt animation on wheels fixed or otherwise eliminated
- all carbodys have proper reflections (looks so much better)
- some cars have the skins edited to remove the horrible baked shadows. I am not a good graphic artist... (need help here)
- UI updated, add powerplant to info (and might clean up the long cut and paste text)

should be ready soon

If anyone wishes to contribute, PM me

modding hint #436 -
Using JSGME to load a carset, when you remove that carset... any edited/added files are left behind in the AC folder.
Simply sort your content/cars folder by date, copy the new files or zip it up... instant patch.

I do lots of offline racing. I set aggression from 85 to 95% nearly all the time and there are rarely problems (some tracks, eg Nords, may need aggression lower for fast cars eg GT3, set it to maybe 30% there). But you do need to treat the AI with a lot of respect at that aggression setting - don’t try to push them off their lines. The racing though is better like that.

Thanks for the suggestions on the AI aggression, folks. Man, I think that's what's been missing from my races. From the beginning I've been using around 2.3% aggression. I think I was thinking the AI were just going to punt me all over the place. I've brought it up to 98% and they now take curves a little more naturally, etc. I'm going to do more testing, but this is feeling good.

Ran at %0 here for quite a long time. They still make their challenges, anticipate over takes etc. And no dumb variations, the AI never plays stupid and with strength at %100-%110, you'll have a fun, hard, competitive race without the corner dive bombers and being spun on a straight away.

To visualize this, turn up the AI agg, watch a reply of a race and jump in an AI car and pay attention to the random arms spaz'z and wheel snaps. :lol: At %0 this is gone for the most part.

Holy crap...my brain is melting now with the possibility of reverse engineering the laser scan data from the ACC conversion (once its finished)...gotta be the same elevations etc....ok shout here if you think I should have a go at this
Can you hear me?! I'm shouting my ass off from here. :lol: This would be amazing. I was always advocating for older versions of this track. So mich history behind it. If we got the version without "The chase", it would already be excellent, so we could compare the original lap times with Group C cars from 60s, 70s and 80s from ATCC pack, before the Chase chicane was put in to shorten the Comrod straight. Which was to long and did not comply to the FIA standards for longest full throttle straight. People were going crazy, but it had to be done so the Bathurst could host a 1987 WTCC race.

Last edited:

Wish someone would rework their 95 Indycar mod. Looks decent but my god the physics are so bloody *****. Disappointing.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back