Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,776 comments
Masscot, since you've encountered and solved the problem before of cars not being centred in the showroom/preview images, is there any possiblity you might be able to take a quick look some time at the SEAT Toldeo GT's that Teddie posted last week to see if it's possible you can fix that issue with them? :

https://mega.nz/file/sEZQRQKJ?fbcli...Y#wXAsLfnImpAqAo0nfRxtqwIVHk9izNszSCUBoFmSjaI

No sweat if you don't want to, of course. I would try to fix it myself if I could, but I don't have the necessary software.

Cheers :)

I would try to fix it myself if I could, but I don't have the necessary software.
Blender is free, that's what I used. Have a play with it. I found a rogue triangle that was floating in space and giving a false centre to the model, but the same technique didn't work on a different car which had a similar but different issue.

Blender is free, that's what I used. Have a play with it. I found a rogue triangle that was floating in space and giving a false centre to the model, but the same technique didn't work on a different car which had a similar but different issue.

Think I'll just have to leave it as is for the moment. Due to various events in my life at present, I'm not much in the frame of mind to try and learn how to use software I'm totally unfamiliar with. Thanks all the same.

Sorry guys, long post incoming. It's not modding related so feel free to skip right through.

how does an encrypted track hurt you? should be thankful for the creators putting in effort to bring it to you in a good quality/ releasing it in the first place

it doesnt, the only way to know if a track is encrypted is trying to mess with it or not having CSP installed, its presumably encrypted to stop GTA modders from ripping it and then trying to sell it like it happened some months ago where someone tried to sell free AC tracks for GTA

First of all I have the utmost respect for any modder. Be it cars, tracks, skins or even just polishing existing mods. Even bad looking mods/tracks that a lot of people might scoff at, I'd still keep it, if it's reasonable to drive. I just love collecting stuff. Believe me currently my AC folder has 1540 cars and 295 tracks. My old rFactor install has 500+ tracks.

Unfortunately as you said, you can't run encrypted mods without CSP. As I explained earlier, I respect what CSP has brought to AC modding but personally because of my limited time I don't derive any advantage from its features. Being a constantly evolving experimental mod, it's bound to have bugs and glitches with each new version. It's just an extra layer of complication and troubleshooting before I hit the track. After scouring this thread each week, installing all the new mods, tagging/fixing UI names I only have maybe 1 hour of free time left. I want to use that time to drive, not spend it trying to find out why the Sun looks like it's about to explode over the track.

Anyway, I gave up and installed CSP v0.1.25 last year. Everything is good until this year when a couple of cars and tracks gave me the error because I needed to update to the latest version of CSP to break the encryption. So I updated, but then it gave me the Sun issue above. Now that's fixed. But in the future if they upgrade the encryption, I have to update CSP again, and who knows what other problems that creates?

I mean if the creator makes the track from scratch then I can understand he/she wanting to protect it. But this track is a straight up rip from Initial D Arcade 8 so he doesn't even have the rights to it. If SEGA knows about this they could probably even sue him/her.

Regarding ripping the track to other games, honestly we've already seen worse in AC. Simdream/RTM has been ripping cars from Forza and lots of other games, and selling them for money. I'm not sure but I think a few of them are encrypted as well. So our community is just as guilty as those GTA modders. At the end of the day it's only a game. If more people and more games could enjoy these amazing cars & tracks, isn't that a win for everyone? Sharing is caring and all that. I doubt anybody actually earns a living off making mods alone.

Last issue, this doesn't affect me but apparently you can't take new showroom/preview pics for encrypted cars. Also there are lots of good and smart people here trying to improve mods (a LOT better than the original ripper ever could), and you can't do that either if it's encrypted.

TL;DR it's not for me to judge whether modders want to encrypt their work or not. But IMO it's just an unnecessary complication, just to protect the modder's own "nebulous" sense of ownership. I'll leave it to Legion to sum it up best:
Hypocrisy is an easy target, and that is what these encrypted modders are committing. None of the so called respect they are demanding was shown to the original game devs, who do have the power to sue you, and here they are crying into their soup that someone ripped their work!
Chill out, leave everything open and backport any changes to your own work. I could go on and on and on and on, and that is what has happened for the 20+ years of end user modifications.
What ever reputation you or I gain will be gone in ten or so years..................................................and on and on........

IP = Imaginary Property

(And I am not saying I am not a hypocrite myself.)

Just admit Intellectual Property is a myth and all this kerfuffle would disappear.
You do realise that your Parents own every word you ever speak as they where the ones who taught you to speak.
I know that is 'Reductio ad absurdum' but it serves enough to make everyone doubt their own so called 'rights' to anything.

--------------

Now, resume original programming folks :D So much awesome content this week, from Maggiore, Schottenring, Topanga and Teddie's track along with all the new cars. 50k posts and counting, surely this is one of the longest threads on GTP (and definitely the best) :lol: You guys never cease to amaze me :cheers:

Last edited:
@GzeroD I DLed you Porsche 917 cars, love these, and thank you for doing these! One question is the 1971 version, the showroom pictures show several different versions but the model is not really any of these. It seems that you have the correct one modeled based on some of the pictures. Really want the '71 model with the little vertical fins, that won the 1971 Le Mans. Is there a quick way you can put this one up?

Hi guys, sorry for the next question but anyone of you know this site and how to get in? www.asc-rally-promotosport.com/
Goddamn that site, part of a FB group full of pics of private cars we'll NEVER get our hands on...
Are they like roleplaying or something since they even got a private garage too?
119039937_3762923880403020_7193965456079281118_o.jpg

@GzeroD I DLed you Porsche 917 cars, love these, and thank you for doing these! One question is the 1971 version, the showroom pictures show several different versions but the model is not really any of these. It seems that you have the correct one modeled based on some of the pictures. Really want the '71 model with the little vertical fins, that won the 1971 Le Mans. Is there a quick way you can put this one up?

If you are using CSP the right models should show up in game only. The showrooms will show the model with all the different bits included but when loaded into the game CSP will remove the ones that don't belong to that skin.
It's not ideal and doing new previews is a bit of a chore. Let e know how you get on.

If you are using CSP the right models should show up in game only. The showrooms will show the model with all the different bits included but when loaded into the game CSP will remove the ones that don't belong to that skin.
It's not ideal and doing new previews is a bit of a chore. Let e know how you get on.

Ok, thanks for the reply.

So is there any way to get it into showroom, even if its a long way around? I am intending to work on some 'dirty' skins for the 917 race history and my workflow is via CM skin mode/photoshop since its easy to visualize.

I don't know legion. You're the modder so that's your job to find out, isn't it? For somebody who's website tagline basically says "I don't need to ask permission for anything and can steal whatever I want" you sure seem to take a lot of pride in your work.

The cars really aren't balanced or accurate from what I've experienced. Maybe you could work on them and improve a little? Don't take it personally but most of the other free/reworked stuff on GTP is far better than anything on your blog. I'm not sure if you just enjoy putting out substandard work or it's the "Collecting" aspect of ripping as many mods as you possibly can that you find enjoyable about modding. But some people want an immersive drive. Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

I like your point, Ted! I also believe some folks here misunderstood your mood, and felt like you were being harsh.
I also remember someone here acknowledging you as a real driver, which backs up your opinion, and the fact that you didn't bring that up speaks well of you.
In a general, yet specific direction, is it possible that you could point which direction Gzerod should follow in order to improve the cars performance? You know, something like "decrease all X values to XXXX, and mantain all Y values whitin XXXX range".
I don't know if editing AC physics is your thing. Maybe you could give "driver's feedback" on just one or two cars, and Gzerod could take that into consideration for the future.

Goddamn that site, part of a FB group full of pics of private cars we'll NEVER get our hands on...
Are they like roleplaying or something since they even got a private garage too?
119039937_3762923880403020_7193965456079281118_o.jpg

I'm in their fb group.No comments are allowed.I asked them once how i can try a car or even buy it.No response.They only post pictures and the only thing you can do is like them or not like them.And their website never worked for me.

Ok, thanks for the reply.

So is there any way to get it into showroom, even if its a long way around? I am intending to work on some 'dirty' skins for the 917 race history and my workflow is via CM skin mode/photoshop since its easy to visualize.
I think, not at the right PC now, that I left examples of each configuration as models in the car's folder. Either backup and rename these files or better, find lods.ini in the data folder and edit which file it references. Now the showroom should use that model and any previews will do so also. A bit of a chore and prone to mistakes so as always keep a backup so nothing gets lost.

This is my first post here, although for about 7 months I have been observing this best group on gtp.

I would like to start by thanking you:

-RMi_wood
-Teddie
-Paulo Ribeiro
-Masscot
-GzeroD
-JakubP
-Zwiss
-EASY
-MRM1GAMING
-Mike173
-ParanoidDoge
-xezez
-racealot
Edited:
-dragster666

sorry I forgot about you.....

For how wonderful you are and what a whole of this forum and the basis of this forum you are, thank you for everything you do, share, help and know.

You have, of course, a couple of vipers here who are just waiting to complain about the work of others, to get on with something, to make a mess behind your back, but it's not even worth writing off the heteroes that are everywhere, these are the times.

I greet the above mentioned once again.

Last edited:
Actually I am a professional "penetration tester"...
I could try from.. .China, Russia, Taiwan, more (my VPNs are super private - not an app/service)

on another topic, here is Rockingham from LFS
https://sharemods.com/x3t8hubs85y7/Rockingham_Motor_Speedway.rar.html

Hello, @RMi_wood . Yes, I have had the Rockingham track from Legion for a while now. Legion does a great job of
providing several interior configurations on some known Oval tracks that an AC facebook Nascar group does not
do(facebook group just does the Ovals). Thanks for the link to the track again.

I dont know what happened to their track design guy on the Assetto Corsa Facebook Nascar group, they haven't done any new or
updates for tracks for quite a while. They had a Dover Oval track video that looked pretty much done previews and had in the plans to
do the Charlette Roval track, Their main guys there continue to work and show off new cars and skins for Nascar.
I periodically go there to see if any track updates have been done.

take care.

Anyone else have trouble doing AO-map with cm? Worked before but now seems to be broken or is it just me?
Is it all black? when it calculates an AO? if so are you doing it on a mod car? because some modded cars aren't properly UV mapped and when calculating in CM they might appear blacked out or messed up?

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back