Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,749 comments
Great news! Soon I will release working wipers for the Project 8 thanks to the awesome work of @_fixed_a_bit_ !

upload_2020-9-15_17-8-48.png

Also working on one of my other favourite cars besides the Project 8. Going to attempt to add wipers myself when I've got time and I'm improving the usual stuff like shaders.

upload_2020-9-15_17-11-18.png

upload_2020-9-15_17-14-13.png

Edit: I don't know if someone can make sounds but I found this a playlist with 5 sounds of the LFA:

Last edited:
Quick question nr 2..

Best way to get naximum fps?

I get 90 fps i in practice with only my car but in races with 20 plus cars the fps drops to 40-50 fps..

What can i do to avoid thiS?

Thank you so much! You're a Godsend, sorry if it's a really basic question :)

Edit: that option doesn't show up for these cars for me.
You need to drag you'r mouse over to the manage car option as seen here my mouse isn't showing up but its the third option with the tools. If its still blacked out then the data should be unpacked already.
2020.09.15-17.48.png

I shall pass all that on and hopefully they get fixed.

Cheers mate
Sorry bud, my mistake from bad memory, the RVM isn't flipped, I just thought it was as it's very close to the driver's head. And I've tweaked my position a bit so the VR view no longer clips through his neck.
I think it's only the hand/wheel synch that needs correcting.
Which Discord was this from?

Last edited:
Sorry bud, my mistake from bad memory, the RVM isn't flipped, I just thought it was as it's very close to the driver's head. And I've tweaked my position a bit so the VR view no longer clips through his neck.
I think it's only the hand/wheel synch that neds correcting.
Which Discord was this from?

Took me all this time to work out what RVM was. It just came to me while reading this post, seems I suffer from bad memory also (and donut brain half the time too)
your feedback has gone to the author anyway so keep em peeled for fixes.

It's from the LTK discord - not sure what the invite for that one is but i'm sure I can find a link somewhere later for you

Took me all this time to work out what RVM was. It just came to me while reading this post, seems I suffer from bad memory also (and donut brain half the time too)
your feedback has gone to the author anyway so keep em peeled for fixes.

It's from the LTK discord - not sure what the invite for that one is but i'm sure I can find a link somewhere later for you
Ah, it's OK, I'm already in there.
:)

That's good news 👍

On the other hand, the Mondello conversion is not so good tbh.
It looks a bit too washed-out and the surrounding mountains are not there irl:

Lots of different sized trees, not all cut to the same height.. ;)

The Tomcul version seems to be by far the best of the four that I've got (well.. had. Others have been deleted).

Getting a lot of notchy spikes through my CSW v2.5 since setting it up again from scratch, mainly with mod cars. Seems it might be too sensitive to any road meshes with occasional peaks of a certain size.
Someone please remind me how best to dial this out without numbing everything?

Quick question nr 2..

Best way to get naximum fps?

I get 90 fps i in practice with only my car but in races with 20 plus cars the fps drops to 40-50 fps..

What can i do to avoid thiS?

What are your PC specs?

Based on my own experience increasing the grid size increases the CPU load. You can upgrade your CPU, decrease the grid size or lower the graphic settings...

Hey Guys, quick question: is there any way to combine AO maps? A car uses the same AO map on every body part but it's only possible to calculate AO for a single body part like the hood. So I would need to combine those AO maps of the bodyparts to create the AO for the car.

I'm using Paint.net. I've tried adding all the parts as layers and reveal them with the alpha mask plugin and then remove all the black from each layer but that doesn't give me a very nice result. Everything lines up correctly but the edges are to pixelated.
Thanks

3dsimed creates that folder and places the textures in it, also where Blender looks for them. the issue I am having is for example sanity check, i grab a kn5 (one i previously compiled and runs in AC, see all the textures in 3dsimed, when i export i get (ex) 50 textures, but, some missing, road, maybe grass etc.. so, delete content of textures folders, and export again, this time 45 textures only, but the road one is in with them, repeat next time maybe 55 textures.. etc etc.. so my workflow now, is export-export-export-export, at least 4 times seems to be the trick to get all the textures together, even then sometimes an errant one is missing and I CBF'd so i just replace it manually with a texture from some other track.

for AMS tracks I can work around it by manually copying the textures from the ams export into said textures folder, which is ok for rfactordec.exe type stuff, but when you opening a KN5 you dont have access to those textures to do that.

maybe the version of 3dsimed is buggy, ill reach back the the dev and see if its something flaky about my setup or version. Id reinstall, except 3dsim never installs..

OK there is a nice little stadlndalone app for extracting kn5s without needing to go near 3dsimed

@norms sent it to me.. I would dig it out and send it too you but am away from my machine until Thurs..

Perhaps you could contact him and ask him to wing it over to you...

Jim

Getting a lot of notchy spikes through my CSW v2.5 since setting it up again from scratch, mainly with mod cars. Seems it might be too sensitive to any road meshes with occasional peaks of a certain size.
Someone please remind me how best to dial this out without numbing everything?
Try lowering FEI in fanatec settings.

OK there is a nice little stadlndalone app for extracting kn5s without needing to go near 3dsimed

@norms sent it to me.. I would dig it out and send it too you but am away from my machine until Thurs..

Perhaps you could contact him and ask him to wing it over to you...

Jim

You can also extract a .kn5 if you have Content Manager installed. Just double click the .kn5 file and hold the alt key. Content Manager will unpack the file in fbx format including .ini and texture files!

Hey Guys, quick question: is there any way to combine AO maps? A car uses the same AO map on every body part but it's only possible to calculate AO for a single body part like the hood. So I would need to combine those AO maps of the bodyparts to create the AO for the car.

I'm using Paint.net. I've tried adding all the parts as layers and reveal them with the alpha mask plugin and then remove all the black from each layer but that doesn't give me a very nice result. Everything lines up correctly but the edges are to pixelated.
Thanks

I've had this before and I think I just ended up combining the AO layers and through lots of trial and error eventually got good results. Can't actually remember what i did but I don't think I did anything to the Alpha layers. Might have just merged all the layers together or something
What car is it and doesn't the AO from CM work properly?

On another note, I just watched the latest Project 8 video from Harry's garage (Hillclimb one) and his car doesn't have the large Jaguar on the side any more. I'm positive he has more than one car now.

Try lowering FEI in fanatec settings.
Will do. That's Force Effect Intensity or something, isn't it? Never quite been sure what it does.
Was on 100% on my wheel, testing at 70% now.
Ta.

Edit: 50% seems to smooth even the harshest spikes out nicely.
More testing needed but this has been a great help @Beezer215 - thank you.

Edit 2: I seem to remember something about negative DRI helping as well. More things to test.

Last edited:
[QUOTE = "TonySSS, post: 13233205, member: 302093"] Purtroppo mi dà l'errore di quota superata, per favore pubblicalo da qualche altra parte. [/ QUOTE]

So....my OCD made me organize all the Group C cars I have... I think I did alrightView attachment 955849

and here's a group photo :)
View attachment 955848

Basically added the same tags to all of the cars, and sorted them into their respective manufacturers (some cars were just listed as "IMSA GTP" etc.). For the Allard I just made a manufacturer logo for it. I also fixed some sounds on some cars and renamed them to their correct names, as well as updated all their previews.

can you share this pack or say where did you get all this beauty please? I want to collect them all too!

FIA GT1 1997 Preset and BOP

View attachment 958047

The story

After the demise of Group C and then after 1996 season also of the DTM/ITC, there was a big void left in the racing world. The DTM series was extremely popular. Not only in Germany (the 1996 Helsinki Thunder race was watched live by more than 200.000 spectators). It also created enormous revenue for FIA and some manufacturers. FIA wanted to cap on this popularity and searched which competition could become a spiritual successor to DTM. The decision made was FIA GT1 world championship.

They convinced three top manufactures to field factory teams for the 1997 season (Porsche, BMW and Mercedes). They managed this by loosening the restrictions on homologations (effectively enabling the rebirth and renaissance of the prototype racing we still enjoy today (fully in effect from 1998 onwards)). They also added the most popular venues from DTM/ITC championships to the calendar (Hockenheim, Helsinki Thunder) and convinced most of the sponsors to move from DTM (Warsteiner). The new formed teams also brought with them the top drivers from DTM (Schneider, Ludwig, Naninni, Stuck, Lehto,…). All this elevated the competition to a whole new level of quality. And the teams that dominated the competition in previous years struggled to compete.

The cars

The competition was a multi class competition with GT1 and GT2 cars. But since the GT1 class had over 20 cars and most tracks on the calendar in AC only have only 24 pits, I made this a single class championship preset. We also sadly have only 7 liveries from the GT2 class.

As said before, three factory teams joined the competition this year:

They were joined by the semi-privateer and full on privateer teams:

Any of you that created races with these cars in AC probably quickly noticed that the biggest problem is the AI. These cars were basically ironing boards with wheels attached to them, so very low and very stiff. This made them slide all over the place and crash a lot IRL and the same thing can be said for AC. Because of the physics the cars in AC react badly to curbs (curbs are not your friend!!) and struggle if they are not on the ideal line. So the biggest problem was to make the cars actually finish a lap, let alone a race, without causing massive collisions.

So I had to create new versions of some cars in the pack (they have s1 added to their name, so they don’t overwrite the original cars), as I had to “fix” them for racing. I did not touch the physics on any of them (except aero settings for BOP-ing reasons and realism reasons), but I changed the AI settings and also a few visual glitches (dash cam settings,…). I didn’t have to do this for Legion’s cars, so these are all “stock”.

Here you can download the entire pack of “s1” and “stock” cars with all the skins included (be careful with legion’s cars, as they will overwrite the default cars if you have them). Both URD cars have only the data file, sound files and skins in them, as they are paid mods. So you have to copy all other files from their default car folder (don’t overwrite any of the files).

These are all great to drive, but I like the Mercedes, the 911 EVO and the McLaren the best:

https://mega.nz/file/Xdlg3S7b#XT97dnfbzOxBP91wj94dDkRrCRBi9Qjj_vHQiqcrTBM

The skins

Thanks to excellent work from @jaqory (PC - Assetto Corsa PC Mods General Discussion | Page 1565 (gtplanet.net)), we now can recreate a full top 24 cars from the GT1 class. And they all look amazing. Really amazing work, thanks again. The rest of the skins I found on RD and other places on the internet, they are all included in the download file.

The preset and BOP

I wanted to go for as much realism as possible. There were basically two classes within a GT1 class. The factory teams invested large amounts of money into development and world class drivers, so they were just better in every single race. Others were not far behind, but at the end of the race, they usually were not able to mix for the podium places. The McLaren’s having the car evolved from last year, were naturally stronger at the beginning of the season, and Mercedes became more and more dominant as the season progressed. Porsche also improved as the season progressed and were very competitive in few of the last races.

I also wanted the cars to run close to lap times they ran IRL. I managed to make them run around a second off of the qualifying lap times they actually ran in 1997, and in races they actually match the lap times from real life. I reduced the number of collisions by a great margin, but still these will crash more often than other cars (it was so IRL as well). So don’t go with aggression settings in CM over 70 or 75.

Download the BOP from here:

https://acstuff.ru/s/7ASc

View attachment 958041

Tracks

The cars ran a very good calendar of 11 races (all tracks available in AC). These were endurance races with two drivers a team, so I recommend running 30 lap races, with 2x fuel consumption. This way the full tank will last for 15-20 laps and you should have a “mandatory” pitstop or even two in every race:

• Hockenheim – 4 hours
  • Silverstone – 4 hours
  • Helsinki Thunder – 3 hours
  • Nurburgring – 4 hours
  • Spa – 4 hours
  • A1-Ring – 4 hours
  • Suzuka – 1000 km
  • Donnington – 4 hours
  • Mugello – 4 hours
  • Sebring – 3 hours
  • Laguna Seca – 3 hours

Credits

URD, @GzeroD, Assetoland for amazing cars. @jaqory and others for amazing skins. Hope you enjoy it. I certainly do.

Thank you for your great work, setting all this.
I have my FIA GT, FIA GT1 and FIA GT2 classes, but, not with so much care and perfection.
Will try yours for sure. :cheers:

For those unlike us, don't have the URD cars, you can get those Mercedes and Porsches in the usual sites. Althoug not being setting up like the Maures and Darches. Anyway, you can have the grid too.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back