Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,753 comments
Quick question nr 2..

Best way to get naximum fps?

I get 90 fps i in practice with only my car but in races with 20 plus cars the fps drops to 40-50 fps..

What can i do to avoid thiS?
This may helps: While running AC > press windows button on keyboard > open task manager > on "details" tab, right click "acs.exe" and set priority to high

What are your PC specs?

Based on my own experience increasing the grid size increases the CPU load. You can upgrade your CPU, decrease the grid size or lower the graphic settings...
This may helps: While running AC > press windows button on keyboard > open task manager > on "details" tab, right click "acs.exe" and set priority to high

thanks for the answers..

i got an ryzen 5 2600 six processor , 32 gb ram , and a Radeon RX 570 8 GB DDR4 Graphics card...

i can run pretty much every game on high settings but assetto is strange...

I heard and felt a crack when I put them on last night...

MONKEY MUFFINS! (Not the words I actually used).

OculusDamage03.jpg

HE'S DEAD JIM!

Now for the first-world/VR problems... I know, woe is me.

This Oculus Rift was purchased just after the Facebook acquisition and price drop to $399 in 2017. It's over four years old, so I can't be too disappointed, but it could have waited maybe another six-eight months, as it's almost time for an upgrade. I was always very careful with it, but it's designed to be light and efficient, so four years stretching over my fat head... thin plastic walls become brittle and crack.

So for now, maybe I can come up with a MacGyver (good) or Red Green (duct tape, bailing wire, janky) solution. We'll see. My brother's visiting for the weekend--he's worked as an electronics engineer for Motorola and NVidia--maybe he can offer a solution and fix it.

So my options are...

1. Find a used Rift, if I'm lucky, and wait for a substantial upgrade to become available.

2. Purchase a Rift S for $399 (if I can find them in stock), as my 1080Ti shouldn't have an issue running it, but then wait even longer for another substantial upgrade in a couple of years, as I get my return on investment out of the Rift S.

3. Wait for the HP Reverb G2 to become available for $599... and probably have to buy a 3090, likely in the next three to six months... YEOUCH!

So for now, back to using my 144hz widescreen monitor... and maybe go to the real track if I can, to get my fix for the immersion that a flat screen just doesn't provide. With VR, the sensations are almost the same as really being there. I almost feel as fatigued after a long session.

I know, woe is me. ...and I do appreciate this is the least of my problems, and a lot of people are dealing with more serious situations right now...

But DARN! DARN! DARN! (again, not the four-letter words I actually used)

Nissan 350z and Nissan 350z Gran Turismo 4 Edition update!

Credits to WKMOD, Blackwood91, Matgamer and Mike173

I've tried improving the stock 350z and because Mike's GT4 edition uses the same model with some tweaks I thought I'd update that as well and include it here.

- Revised all shaders
- Added AO
- Made cars paintable
- Improved speedo/rpm textures (sort of see for your self old one is packed)
- Data edits on stock version based on data from the automobile-catalog
- Improved 1 very lq light texture
- Added Japanese plates to GT4
- Fixed shadow problems

DL: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BGBmliLaGwmoDfQX8ajAW1htbkAkX3pj/view?usp=sharing

A lot better but still not the best mod. Needs a better base port I think..

Stock
View attachment 957112

Gran Turismo 4 edition
View attachment 957111

Have fun!

Apperantely the 3rd brake light didn't work on both cars so I fixed that. (How did I not notice this?!)
Since I want to keep everything as 1 file on my drive so everyone always has the most recent version you'll have to redownload both cars. Link is the same as in previous post.

upload_2020-9-15_21-27-32.png

Apperantely the 3rd brake light didn't work on both cars so I fixed that. (How did I not notice this?!)
Since I want to keep everything as 1 file on my drive so everyone always has the most recent version you'll have to redownload both cars. Link is the same as in previous post.

View attachment 958077
Did you add the new door speaker because I've no longer got it if it gets overwritten?

Did you add the new door speaker because I've no longer got it if it gets overwritten?

Should be in both models as standard. That's how I uploaded it. I even downloaded it again right now and it's fine. Maybe you have the wrong file in some of the skin folders?

@GzeroD Rockingham Motor Speedway updated by me

Changelog 15 September 2020

- Updated timing-spawn files with Hotlap feature. Cars now at loading won't fall anymore into the ground
- New replay camera set for all the layout available (Same camera placement with 4 Different FOV).
- Removed unfinished layouts.
- Added GrassFX
- Added RainFX
- Added LightFX (where possibile due to the 3D conversion limitation, they are not perfect but can't do anything better with the free time i have)

It's not the perfect track, is not at the standard of RT stuff or to the scratch made ones made by the various talented modders out there but at least it works smooth and is better enjoyable than before.

All the thanks goes to who made it originally and to Legion who convert it for AC, whitout his effort this upload wouldn't be possible in any way

Screenshot_rockingham_motor_speedway_15-8-120-21-29-31.jpg
Screenshot_rockingham_motor_speedway_15-8-120-21-31-20.jpg

Screenshot_rockingham_motor_speedway_15-8-120-21-29-55.jpg
Screenshot_rockingham_motor_speedway_15-8-120-21-30-29.jpg

https://sharemods.com/fjg3vnsupd1r/...ixed_v150920_by_CrisT86_for_AC_1.16.3.7z.html

Enjoy ;)

my CSW v2.5
Are you happy with the csw2.5? I am on the verge of hitting the buy button, I cannot afford a DD, spent too much on my bike upgrades and now the missus is a bit livid..

You can also extract a .kn5 if you have Content Manager installed. Just double click the .kn5 file and hold the alt key. Content Manager will unpack the file in fbx format including .ini and texture files!
Man.. SO much easier! godsend thank you!

i got an ryzen 5 2600 six processor , 32 gb ram , and a Radeon RX 570 8 GB DDR4 Graphics card...

i can run pretty much every game on high settings but assetto is strange...

After all AC is an old game and somewhat poorly optimized CPU-wise. I would love to race a 50-car grids at Le Mans but it's too much for my Ryzen 3600... Race start is always a slide show. I'm interested to see how much of a performance boost I will get with an upcoming GPU-upgrade, but I believe it's a CPU-issue anyway.

You can also extract a .kn5 if you have Content Manager installed. Just double click the .kn5 file and hold the alt key. Content Manager will unpack the file in fbx format including .ini and texture files!

This was working perfectly for me but a few days ago it stopped giving me the ini and textures, only spewing out a .fbx.dae file. I guess I could convert it again but whats the point then, anyone know if this can be reversed?

With VR, the sensations are almost the same as really being there

I love my Vr but this tell me you have not been in a real car in a while and even less in a fast one on a track. I would make that a pryrity if I was you, just to reset your personal simulation compass.
Yes Vr is much closer to the real thing than sitting in front of a screen or even 3. But even in Vr and tactile and dd and motion, is not even close to what driving on track for real is.
Sorry, sim driving is fantastic, I do it every day and I love the experience, but we still are far from the real thing.

Should be in both models as standard. That's how I uploaded it. I even downloaded it again right now and it's fine. Maybe you have the wrong file in some of the skin folders?
No, I was asking if you'd added it before I installed the update, so I didn't lose it on the current car that I'd manually installed it on. Seems you have. :)

I love my Vr but this tell me you have not been in a real car in a while and even less in a fast one on a track. I would make that a pryrity if I was you, just to reset your personal simulation compass.
Yes Vr is much closer to the real thing than sitting in front of a screen or even 3. But even in Vr and tactile and dd and motion, is not even close to what driving on track for real is.
Sorry, sim driving is fantastic, I do it every day and I love the experience, but we still are far from the real thing.

I am part of an endurance racing team (I've often fallen asleep in a chair in the paddock, as the sound of race cars out on the track roared around me), and I often go to various kart tracks when I have time... I know what it's like to do "the real thing" for extended periods of time.

I didn't say VR was exactly like the real thing, but compared to monitors, and without having to go to a track (all the week-long prep and expense), it's a good substitute. I think, as I use VR, my body "remembers" all the sensations of the G-forces and what I feel in my seat, so for me, I'm kind of "wired" for using it, without the benefit of a motion rig or shakers. Actually, motion rigs don't do that much for me--they feel more like an amusement ride. The movement and forces aren't the same. There's too much latency, and the movements feel slow, as actuators can only do so much.

As for using monitors, as I've been trying to do today as my crippled VR headset sits there, now sim-racing is "fun", but more like a playing a video game sort of way. Using VR has ruined the experience of using flat screens. I've gotta get this fixed or find a replacement soon to "get back in there."

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't say VR was exactly like the real thing

No, you did not exactly, you said "With VR, the sensations are almost the same as really being there", there is a difference between "exactly like" and "almost the same" but they are both inaccurate when applied to VR, as good and fantastic as it is (we agree on that).

I am part of an endurance racing team (I've often fallen asleep in a chair in the paddock, as the sound of race cars out on the track roared around me), and I often go to various kart tracks when I have time... I know what it's like to do "the real thing" for extended periods of time.

So you know exactly what it is like, good for you, one more reason not to mislead some one that VR is "almost the same".

but compared to monitors, and without having to go to a track (all the week-long prep and expense), it's a good substitute

1000% agree, compare to monitors, VR brings you much closer, but still not nearly the same.:D

are you aware of a bug that scales the track up X100? Two tracks I did now same issue. Not a major thing, if you know how much its gone UP its easy enough to just scale down. I managed to get ALL the trees from original AMS cristais into my track, was going ot give it a whirl but i was driving a tinker toy car ;) took me 10 minutes to make it out of the pits! :gtpflag:

No, you did not exactly, you said "With VR, the sensations are almost the same as really being there", there is a difference between "exactly like" and "almost the same" but they are both inaccurate when applied to VR, as good and fantastic as it is (we agree on that).

So you know exactly what it is like, good for you, one more reason not to mislead some one that VR is "almost the same".

1000% agree, compare to monitors, VR brings you much closer, but still not nearly the same.:D

I don't intend to mislead anyone, and I think most know they can't jump in a car and go racing with no real-world experience. Whether they're using VR or not, if a young, experienced sim-racer, without any real driving experience were to jump in a powerful race car for the first time and be let loose on a track, either they'll learn real fast that there is a difference and slow down to learn what that is, or they'll put the car into a barrier (hopefully not). However, they will benefit from the sim-racing experience, and likely learn and adapt a lot faster than someone without it. Of course they need to be in great physical shape overall.

With VR, I can "see" the line much better, optimally decelerate for the entry, then throttle through the apex and optimal exit line--or any variation depending on if I'm arcing through a complex of curves or "straightening" a series of consecutive S-turns. On a flat screen, I have to adapt and readjust so I can do it, but it almost feels like I'm approximating, and everything feels sloppy. IRL, once I get warmed up, and I know the track, I can feel when I'm hitting every cue--entry, apex, exit, combos. Then I start setting consistent lap times, and this happens for me in VR. I think that's why I really appreciate it so much.

We both agree on the benefits of VR, and yes, it's not 100% the same. What I'm really saying, for me, it provides an overall enjoyable and rewarding experience that's close enough for what it is. Besides, you don't risk sweating to death when the suit's water cooling system and fresh air blower for the helmet fails, and your eyes start burning from the salt. Now if VR could do that, it would deliver a real racing experience.

question for the car modders and those in the know about FFB. SOme cars "feel" really good and other are just plain, well gormless, and you can turn up the car specific FFB multiplier till its starts clipping and they still feel dull. Seems the older the cars are the better they feel, Is this a concious decision that can be made by the modder, or a consequence of car geometry/physics of the build?

To be clear I am NOT a car guy, and I have never driven a 1960's race car nor a 2020 F1 so cannot say that the "feel" in either is better or worse, but, occurs to me when i look at my bikes, the mt-01 is just an engineering mess, like someone in Yamaha lost a bet and was forced to build it, a monstrous beast of a motor, with some wheels and handlbars slapped on as an after thought, no fairings, no electronic refinements and a clutch that can cramp me up after 30 minutes on track.. compare to the mt-10 which has all the refinements and 15 years newer geometry, on the 01 at 120km I feel like king of the road, the thumping and grumbling shaking farting backfiring and a great all round tactile feel puts a $h1teating grin on my face whereas the 10 there is no difference between 50km/h,100km/h and 250km/h outside of more or less chance of licence loss, so maybe if FFB is just a consequence of geometry, then I guess id have to say I am an "old car" guy?

FIA GT1 1997 Preset and BOP

View attachment 958047

The story

After the demise of Group C and then after 1996 season also of the DTM/ITC, there was a big void left in the racing world. The DTM series was extremely popular. Not only in Germany (the 1996 Helsinki Thunder race was watched live by more than 200.000 spectators). It also created enormous revenue for FIA and some manufacturers. FIA wanted to cap on this popularity and searched which competition could become a spiritual successor to DTM. The decision made was FIA GT1 world championship.

They convinced three top manufactures to field factory teams for the 1997 season (Porsche, BMW and Mercedes). They managed this by loosening the restrictions on homologations (effectively enabling the rebirth and renaissance of the prototype racing we still enjoy today (fully in effect from 1998 onwards)). They also added the most popular venues from DTM/ITC championships to the calendar (Hockenheim, Helsinki Thunder) and convinced most of the sponsors to move from DTM (Warsteiner). The new formed teams also brought with them the top drivers from DTM (Schneider, Ludwig, Naninni, Stuck, Lehto,…). All this elevated the competition to a whole new level of quality. And the teams that dominated the competition in previous years struggled to compete.

The cars

The competition was a multi class competition with GT1 and GT2 cars. But since the GT1 class had over 20 cars and most tracks on the calendar in AC only have only 24 pits, I made this a single class championship preset. We also sadly have only 7 liveries from the GT2 class.

As said before, three factory teams joined the competition this year:

They were joined by the semi-privateer and full on privateer teams:

Any of you that created races with these cars in AC probably quickly noticed that the biggest problem is the AI. These cars were basically ironing boards with wheels attached to them, so very low and very stiff. This made them slide all over the place and crash a lot IRL and the same thing can be said for AC. Because of the physics the cars in AC react badly to curbs (curbs are not your friend!!) and struggle if they are not on the ideal line. So the biggest problem was to make the cars actually finish a lap, let alone a race, without causing massive collisions.

So I had to create new versions of some cars in the pack (they have s1 added to their name, so they don’t overwrite the original cars), as I had to “fix” them for racing. I did not touch the physics on any of them (except aero settings for BOP-ing reasons and realism reasons), but I changed the AI settings and also a few visual glitches (dash cam settings,…). I didn’t have to do this for Legion’s cars, so these are all “stock”.

Here you can download the entire pack of “s1” and “stock” cars with all the skins included (be careful with legion’s cars, as they will overwrite the default cars if you have them). Both URD cars have only the data file, sound files and skins in them, as they are paid mods. So you have to copy all other files from their default car folder (don’t overwrite any of the files).

These are all great to drive, but I like the Mercedes, the 911 EVO and the McLaren the best:

https://mega.nz/file/Xdlg3S7b#XT97dnfbzOxBP91wj94dDkRrCRBi9Qjj_vHQiqcrTBM

The skins

Thanks to excellent work from @jaqory (PC - Assetto Corsa PC Mods General Discussion | Page 1565 (gtplanet.net)), we now can recreate a full top 24 cars from the GT1 class. And they all look amazing. Really amazing work, thanks again. The rest of the skins I found on RD and other places on the internet, they are all included in the download file.

The preset and BOP

I wanted to go for as much realism as possible. There were basically two classes within a GT1 class. The factory teams invested large amounts of money into development and world class drivers, so they were just better in every single race. Others were not far behind, but at the end of the race, they usually were not able to mix for the podium places. The McLaren’s having the car evolved from last year, were naturally stronger at the beginning of the season, and Mercedes became more and more dominant as the season progressed. Porsche also improved as the season progressed and were very competitive in few of the last races.

I also wanted the cars to run close to lap times they ran IRL. I managed to make them run around a second off of the qualifying lap times they actually ran in 1997, and in races they actually match the lap times from real life. I reduced the number of collisions by a great margin, but still these will crash more often than other cars (it was so IRL as well). So don’t go with aggression settings in CM over 70 or 75.

Download the BOP from here:

https://acstuff.ru/s/7ASc

View attachment 958041

Tracks

The cars ran a very good calendar of 11 races (all tracks available in AC). These were endurance races with two drivers a team, so I recommend running 30 lap races, with 2x fuel consumption. This way the full tank will last for 15-20 laps and you should have a “mandatory” pitstop or even two in every race:

• Hockenheim – 4 hours
  • Silverstone – 4 hours
  • Helsinki Thunder – 3 hours
  • Nurburgring – 4 hours
  • Spa – 4 hours
  • A1-Ring – 4 hours
  • Suzuka – 1000 km
  • Donnington – 4 hours
  • Mugello – 4 hours
  • Sebring – 3 hours
  • Laguna Seca – 3 hours

Credits

URD, @GzeroD, Assetoland for amazing cars. @jaqory and others for amazing skins. Hope you enjoy it. I certainly do.

Tout simplement merci (Thanks)

FIA GT1 1997 Preset and BOP

View attachment 958047

The story

After the demise of Group C and then after 1996 season also of the DTM/ITC, there was a big void left in the racing world. The DTM series was extremely popular. Not only in Germany (the 1996 Helsinki Thunder race was watched live by more than 200.000 spectators). It also created enormous revenue for FIA and some manufacturers. FIA wanted to cap on this popularity and searched which competition could become a spiritual successor to DTM. The decision made was FIA GT1 world championship.

They convinced three top manufactures to field factory teams for the 1997 season (Porsche, BMW and Mercedes). They managed this by loosening the restrictions on homologations (effectively enabling the rebirth and renaissance of the prototype racing we still enjoy today (fully in effect from 1998 onwards)). They also added the most popular venues from DTM/ITC championships to the calendar (Hockenheim, Helsinki Thunder) and convinced most of the sponsors to move from DTM (Warsteiner). The new formed teams also brought with them the top drivers from DTM (Schneider, Ludwig, Naninni, Stuck, Lehto,…). All this elevated the competition to a whole new level of quality. And the teams that dominated the competition in previous years struggled to compete.

The cars

The competition was a multi class competition with GT1 and GT2 cars. But since the GT1 class had over 20 cars and most tracks on the calendar in AC only have only 24 pits, I made this a single class championship preset. We also sadly have only 7 liveries from the GT2 class.

As said before, three factory teams joined the competition this year:

They were joined by the semi-privateer and full on privateer teams:

Any of you that created races with these cars in AC probably quickly noticed that the biggest problem is the AI. These cars were basically ironing boards with wheels attached to them, so very low and very stiff. This made them slide all over the place and crash a lot IRL and the same thing can be said for AC. Because of the physics the cars in AC react badly to curbs (curbs are not your friend!!) and struggle if they are not on the ideal line. So the biggest problem was to make the cars actually finish a lap, let alone a race, without causing massive collisions.

So I had to create new versions of some cars in the pack (they have s1 added to their name, so they don’t overwrite the original cars), as I had to “fix” them for racing. I did not touch the physics on any of them (except aero settings for BOP-ing reasons and realism reasons), but I changed the AI settings and also a few visual glitches (dash cam settings,…). I didn’t have to do this for Legion’s cars, so these are all “stock”.

Here you can download the entire pack of “s1” and “stock” cars with all the skins included (be careful with legion’s cars, as they will overwrite the default cars if you have them). Both URD cars have only the data file, sound files and skins in them, as they are paid mods. So you have to copy all other files from their default car folder (don’t overwrite any of the files).

These are all great to drive, but I like the Mercedes, the 911 EVO and the McLaren the best:

https://mega.nz/file/Xdlg3S7b#XT97dnfbzOxBP91wj94dDkRrCRBi9Qjj_vHQiqcrTBM

The skins

Thanks to excellent work from @jaqory (PC - Assetto Corsa PC Mods General Discussion | Page 1565 (gtplanet.net)), we now can recreate a full top 24 cars from the GT1 class. And they all look amazing. Really amazing work, thanks again. The rest of the skins I found on RD and other places on the internet, they are all included in the download file.

The preset and BOP

I wanted to go for as much realism as possible. There were basically two classes within a GT1 class. The factory teams invested large amounts of money into development and world class drivers, so they were just better in every single race. Others were not far behind, but at the end of the race, they usually were not able to mix for the podium places. The McLaren’s having the car evolved from last year, were naturally stronger at the beginning of the season, and Mercedes became more and more dominant as the season progressed. Porsche also improved as the season progressed and were very competitive in few of the last races.

I also wanted the cars to run close to lap times they ran IRL. I managed to make them run around a second off of the qualifying lap times they actually ran in 1997, and in races they actually match the lap times from real life. I reduced the number of collisions by a great margin, but still these will crash more often than other cars (it was so IRL as well). So don’t go with aggression settings in CM over 70 or 75.

Download the BOP from here:

https://acstuff.ru/s/7ASc

View attachment 958041

Tracks

The cars ran a very good calendar of 11 races (all tracks available in AC). These were endurance races with two drivers a team, so I recommend running 30 lap races, with 2x fuel consumption. This way the full tank will last for 15-20 laps and you should have a “mandatory” pitstop or even two in every race:

• Hockenheim – 4 hours
  • Silverstone – 4 hours
  • Helsinki Thunder – 3 hours
  • Nurburgring – 4 hours
  • Spa – 4 hours
  • A1-Ring – 4 hours
  • Suzuka – 1000 km
  • Donnington – 4 hours
  • Mugello – 4 hours
  • Sebring – 3 hours
  • Laguna Seca – 3 hours

Credits

URD, @GzeroD, Assetoland for amazing cars. @jaqory and others for amazing skins. Hope you enjoy it. I certainly do.

Funny thing is im still on the 1997 season, i just got done with donington park and now moving on to mugello next round.:lol:

If you don´t enable FXAA in AC the CSP´s PP in CM won´t work. First point. So keep it enabled:
View attachment 958024
Second point: TAA enabled with extra sharpness disabled, together with CMAA 2.0 and FidelityFX Cas byAMD enabled gives the best image in AC.
Third point: disable AF in AC but enable it in NVIDIA CPL (16x). Set MSAA to 4x or even 8x in AC and set MFAA enabled in NVIDIA, too.
gonna give this a try later

Hey guys, I have a bit of an update to the MX-5 GT4 tune/mod...

I don't know about the AI but I have the lag malediction with that car too and a lot of error messages in the logs :

EMPTY CURVE, RETURNING ZERO (content/cars/mazda_mx5_gt4/data/__cm_tyre_wearcurve_rear_0.lut)
EMPTY CURVE, RETURNING ZERO (content/cars/mazda_mx5_gt4/data/__cm_tyre_wearcurve_front_0.lut)

The lut files referenced in tyres.ini are missing, if I steal these files from another car, it works as expected. :P

There's also a minor error in lights.ini :

INIReader: content/cars/mazda_mx5_gt4/data/lights.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [BRAKE_0] OFF_COLOR

As you said, it drives really nicely, very good car, congrats to all contributors. :P

I don't know about the AI but I have the lag malediction with that car too and a lot of error messages in the logs :

EMPTY CURVE, RETURNING ZERO (content/cars/mazda_mx5_gt4/data/__cm_tyre_wearcurve_rear_0.lut)
EMPTY CURVE, RETURNING ZERO (content/cars/mazda_mx5_gt4/data/__cm_tyre_wearcurve_front_0.lut)

The lut files referenced in tyres.ini are missing, if I steal these files from another car, it works as expected. :P

There's also a minor error in lights.ini :

INIReader: content/cars/mazda_mx5_gt4/data/lights.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [BRAKE_0] OFF_COLOR

As you said, it drives really nicely, very good car, congrats to all contributors. :P
This was nowhere close to a finished product and somehow snuck out a bit too early.
It will be coming back soon.

Getting a lot of notchy spikes through my CSW v2.5 since setting it up again from scratch, mainly with mod cars. Seems it might be too sensitive to any road meshes with occasional peaks of a certain size.
Someone please remind me how best to dial this out without numbing everything?

Try lowering the FEI setting.

Screen Shot 2020-09-16 at 9.11.21 am.jpg

EDIT: Further along in the thread, I discovered that Beezer215 has already suggested this.

Last edited:
...some cars "feel" really good and other are just plain, well gormless, and you can turn up the car specific FFB multiplier till its starts clipping and they still feel dull. Seems the older the cars are the better they feel, Is this a concious decision that can be made by the modder, or a consequence of car geometry/physics of the build?...

The later.
If the mod uses 100% known numbers then you are stuck with that. But if the car only has approximate numbers then you can tweak trail, caster, scrub radius and steering arm orientation.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back