Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,718 comments
Yep, wonderful looking model, but the grip, or lack of, is nuts.
Personally i can't corner in it at all without it swapping ends like someone has stuck metal tea trays under each rear wheel .

Tempted to stick on some tyres from kunos gt3 cars, but i think i will wait for an update.
The car is great, but yeah we need mooaaar grip :D. I tried and swaped tyres with r8 kunos, but haven't noticed much difference, so went back to default. What gave me a bit more grip is some tinkering with camber and toe.

Well Bewoss, those cameras work for me, meaning they do switch. You might try changing the in and out point of the first camera to 0.97 and 0.015 respectively to ensure the last camera, first camera, and second camera have continuous coverage of the ai line. Broken coverage of the ai line can sometimes produce strange camera effects. Other than that I wonder if you are using this camera set with an updated fast_lane.ai file. I currently use the original ai line dated 2014-10-02. I'm unsure whether that would have an effect.

I recommend getting Safie Hellie's cameras from RD. She is very adept at making camera sets. See https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/hockenheim-ring-track-camers.32717/

Weird,

I already try downloading and installing those, but it doesn't add any camera to the circuit. I have just one despite the one I sent you with multiple plus these....
I guess I'll poke a bit and see if I find something out. Thanks :)

Weird,

I already try downloading and installing those, but it doesn't add any camera to the circuit. I have just one despite the one I sent you with multiple plus these....
I guess I'll poke a bit and see if I find something out. Thanks :)

Please consider this Bewoss...Safi's cameras are named "cameras_3.ini" and "cameras_4.ini" by default. Provided you keep the existing "cameras.ini" file, you need to rename Safi's two sets to "cameras_1.ini" and "cameras_2.ini". Here are my three camera sets as currently installed in the track's data folder and working fine for me. Good luck!

Attachments

• hock2018_cameras.zip
    4.1 KB · Views: 23
Still a long way to go... but the Fiat Panda interiors are taking form ;)

upload_2020-9-27_16-53-41.png

Please consider this Bewoss...Safi's cameras are named "cameras_3.ini" and "cameras_4.ini" by default. Provided you keep the existing "cameras.ini" file, you need to rename Safi's two sets to "cameras_1.ini" and "cameras_2.ini". Here are my three camera sets as currently installed in the track's data folder and working fine for me. Good luck!

Yours worked perfectly! Thank you!

The car is great, but yeah we need mooaaar grip :D. I tried and swaped tyres with r8 kunos, but haven't noticed much difference, so went back to default. What gave me a bit more grip is some tinkering with camber and toe.
I find myself need to basically do all things in the book to dial some understeer into the setup. upping front spring, maxed out front bar and soften rear bar to min. And use a lot of rear wing. It looks like the car has a lot of top speed even at 10+ rear wing setting so that is at least not too punishing...

Tripoli (update)

Conversion from GPL through RF to AC - Author Sergio Loro & friends

DOWNLOAD
TEXTURES DOWNLOAD (for the skinners)

- Track information updated to reflect original author
- 20 cars and pits (updated from 8)
- Fixed trees (many X trees had one plane facing wrong way)
- New AI line and sidelines (by @dathyr)
- Adjusted roadmesh closer to display mesh, cars wont "float" anymore
- Fixed "block" shadows on trees ( tip from @Zwiss)
- New EXT_CONFIG, Added SOL settings and fixed some track colours
- Fixed trackoutline on loading screen

TODO:
- Needs Cameras for replays
- animate the start light, way beyond my skill level.
- replacement texture for those people.. damn dark..

Note1: The Lollipop Man is IN the pit box to save space. Still works fine though.

View attachment 960757 View attachment 960758 View attachment 960759
Hello,
I drove on this circuit which is really excellent with old cars.
I noted a problem, when we leave the pits the 1st time we start at 100 meters from the finish line, and when we cross the line the chrono counts that as 1 lap completed and we find ourselves with a lap record at 1m30 seconds (fast, very fast!!) especially for cars dating from 1939.
If you could fix that, thank you, or we have to wait 3mn30 before starting so we don't have ridiculous records.
Thanks.

One weird thing too.
I drove the Auto Union Type D (1939) in Tripoli, at the beginning the settings are good and symmetrical but after 1 lap it becomes completely asymmetrical for the "Camber" and "Toe" as you can see.
If someone has a solution to this problem. Thank you very much.

Auto Union.jpg

As it's Sunday and there is a new Porsche 944 turbo cup on assettoland, and I already had physics ready for such a model, there is nothing left for me to do but to take a break from M2 (there is something fu....d up in physics) and improve the model released today.

Porsche 944 Turbo Cup

View media item 68525
-shaders updated
-suspension physics
-sound
-engine curves and torque
-updated turbo boost
-gearbox with only close final ratio
-updated livery icon
-added only white rims and white cages
-tires size
-updated colider
-ai fixed

porsche_944t_cup.rar - 56.6 MB

PS.I changed the monitor and I don't know if the texture of the interior is not too gray (too light), if someone would be able to write their opinion I will know how to set up my monitor optimally.Thanks !!!

Have Fun !!

hello , this is the person who made the car , I would update it using your correction , but "gearbox with only close final ratio" / tires size / suspension physics / max rpm is not good they are not based on real data !

Thanks

Maybe a 924/944 will leave the garage soon... with a fresh factory update and 100% real spec.
The 924/944 came in 3 flavors from "stock" to "mo powar baby" and had a few different options as delivered to customers from "street" to "high class cocaine hooker"
This car was pretty banged up, old... someone replaced the transmission with a 917 unit and no mix of gearing could get the car to top speed or performance, once I adjusted the gears with real ratio = success!)
owner of this trio of cars needs to test drive and talk to his mechanic... (maybe @TonySSS will read this...)

hello , this is the person who made the car , I would update it using your correction , but "gearbox with only close final ratio" / tires size / suspension physics / max rpm is not good they are not based on real data !

note:
Porsche 944 Turbo Cup specs, dyno and gear ratios are easily found on the interwebs as they cross with the 924 (which uses a mix of gear/rear from 924/944).

Last edited:
Ha! Funnily enough I was in the process of updating a different 944 race car, this one originally from Dennis Plinke.
Just a few visual tweaks:
v1.1 (will install as a new car for comparison purposes)
- driver position adjusted so that he holds the steering wheel
- cockpit shader tweaks
- beige carpet replaced
- new shifting animation/timing
- driver suits added

View attachment 960892

I removed the passenger seat and both seat belts and some other floaters in Blender but the wheels and arches were fragmented when the car was put back in Assetto Corsa, so I had to leave them in.
If anyone can remove these successfully, please do.
And add LoDs and wipers, of course... ;)

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ytn0j2ouyscht3p/m_porsche_944_race.7z/file

Just want to say a couple of words concerning your work, improving the visuals in cars and in tracks too.
Although, to be honest, the cars improvements are more noticeable to me.

Thank you.

Guys is it possible to set more than 23 AI opponents in the nordsh?:confused:

Do you have some kind of track grid size fetiche?
Your concern about it is huge, here and at RD aswell.

Just a point, not a negative criticism,

Thanks Mike,
The steering wheel/hands synch is way off (the driver barely moves his hands while steering) and shifting is performed via paddles but the shifting animation is for a gated shifter. Which one should it be?

Both easily fixed, but probably better done at source before release so that everybody gets them.
:)
Dear Masscot, I see where this error comes from, I drive without arms and sometimes without the steering wheel when it hides the dashboard. I will try to fix this but I don't have much experience

What would you say are the full grid historic series that we have available or close to have in AC at this time?
full would mean all cars and most livery.

Greetings to you,very good job with these Porsche.
My current version had anything to do with the original series, so there is still room for improvement, use my suspension physics and shader improvements, and let's create the technical data from scratch, I'll be at work tomorrow, I'll look for details of what was really done and how it was adapted 944 Turbo to the CUP version because there is convergent information on the Internet.

Thanks !

Real data irl for 944 Cup Race : http://www.asarus.com/cup/index.shtml

Slicks Dunlop D40 Cup
245/45 ZR 16 front
255/40 ZR 16 rear

305cv / 7000 rpm

Gearbox : https://cms.porsche-clubs.com/PorscheClubs/pc_924-944-968-fr/files/boites944.pdf

1èr 10:35 i=3.500
2e 17:35 i=2.059
3e 25:35 i=1.400
4e 29:30 i=1.034
5e 36:28 i=0.778
M/arrière 12:42 i= 3.500

final gear 8:27 i=3.375

autobloquant à 40%

Last edited:
Can someone tell me how to FIIIIIX This ****View attachment 960975

No one was able to help me out with this one when I posted it a while back. After trial and error I figured it out. It has to do with any CSP patch after 0.1.60 and the Audi R8 LMS EVO mod from MasterKey and this track. The newer patch is causing some kind of error and it will bring me back to CM with the same message either when I am racing or setting up the car. Seems to be only limited to Nordschelife and Nurburging. Try a race without the Audi R8 LMS evo and see it resolves the issue.

I finally released the Corrado! Love the car, learned a lot during making a mod and I had a lot of fun in the process! Next stop Delta Integrale!

Screenshot_wlf_vw_corrado_ks_brands_hatch_24-8-120-17-9-31.png Screenshot_wlf_vw_corrado_drift_16-8-120-19-1-59.png Screenshot_wlf_vw_corrado_drift_16-8-120-18-58-43.png Screenshot_wlf_vw_corrado_drift_16-8-120-18-49-22.png Screenshot_wlf_vw_corrado_drift_16-8-120-5-12-45.png Screenshot_wlf_vw_corrado_doningtonpark2018_6-8-120-4-13-58.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_wlf_vw_corrado_pk_gunma_cycle_sports_center_8-8-120-22-52-22.png
    Screenshot_wlf_vw_corrado_pk_gunma_cycle_sports_center_8-8-120-22-52-22.png
    94 KB · Views: 37
  • Screenshot_wlf_vw_corrado_pk_gunma_cycle_sports_center_8-8-120-22-49-21.png
    Screenshot_wlf_vw_corrado_pk_gunma_cycle_sports_center_8-8-120-22-49-21.png
    85.6 KB · Views: 35
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back