Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,773 comments
I tried a quick race with the Kunos 911 GT3 Cup at Donington National, but several AI cars didn't leave the line and caused chaos! What could be the possible cause of the AI not wanting to start the race?

Usually it happens when inside engine.ini the LIMITER= have an RPM lower than the ai.ini REVS UP.
upload_2020-9-29_19-42-20.png

In this case, it is correct. The UP GEARS are lower than the LIMITER=
Usually I Use a value 50 to 200 lower in UP GEAR

Try this and the AI will start inek minnit.

upload_2020-9-29_19-44-45.png

Cheers

Hi everyone! This is my first camera set for bikernieki oval nothing will be overwritten. I think it's possible follow some battle now.

Let me know what do you think.
Cheers Tony

Attachments

• bikernieki.zip
    1.5 KB · Views: 16
I figured out how to fix the overexposure which occurs on some tracks like yours: go to extension\weather\sol and open up the sol__track_adaptions.lua.

Add a new line down below exactly like this:

View attachment 961494
Where the " " should be the name of your circuit *kn5 included.
If you want to have the exact values enter them just like the ones above, otherwise " == 1 then" will do also justice since you can edit the values then ingame with the SOL config app.

Careful though: this file is gonna be overwritten with each new SOL version!

Hope I could explain it properly, sorry, no English native....

the easier way is to chage exposure fix to 0 in ext_config, but. you pay for it when you play with rainfx, everything is dull and washed out.
Maybe once rainfx is finalised autoexposure will work?

Hello guys sorry my bad English I wanted to ask if in addition to Milan city and barcelona city there are other similar tracks thanks for the help

Q: I think I figured out how skinning works, but, can I make a seperate ext_config that works with just that skin?
What is the folder layout? A new extension folder in the skin folder? Where would the file go?

i agree. once i have gotten finished with Suzuka....this will be my next project...the (i presume abandoned) malagoli version is a really great starting point...i have already started fixing stuff up on this version (namely fixed the big gaping hole in the exterior terrain and added a nice titular mountain...trees next etc etc...i will try to do it justice i promise

Good Stuff Jim, Will it have all the different layouts? I'm not a fan of the chicane in the back half I much prefer the sweeping corner. :)

the easier way is to chage exposure fix to 0 in ext_config, but. you pay for it when you play with rainfx, everything is dull and washed out.
Maybe once rainfx is finalised autoexposure will work?

No, that´s (unfortunately) not correct. On certain tracks the exposure fix setting in ext_config.ini is without a proper function since it is hardcoded in the *.lua file.

Hello guys sorry my bad English I wanted to ask if in addition to Milan city and barcelona city there are other similar tracks thanks for the help

Off the top of my head...

Chicago Street: https://www.mediafire.com/file/ctp5h01a1goqmq1/acu_chicago_street.7z/file
Paris: http://www.mediafire.com/file/2euhv0h3gc54zxw/paris_1.5.7z/file
San Francisco: https://mega.nz/file/9HxhVbYZ#uOhRUL623DECTXuL4U5sKXrJxUBCZxtbu0kxSelyCss
Dubai Street: https://www.mediafire.com/file/fyripoee9rny44t/acu_dubai_street.7z/file
Port Newark: https://mega.nz/file/GcsHXYxY#__wtpqe17bNPf0gZjYubLncN_x6e0l-rozReJQ70CzI

Maybe you had these already but doesn't hurt to post these magnificent tracks once in a while...

Q: I think I figured out how skinning works, but, can I make a seperate ext_config that works with just that skin?
What is the folder layout? A new extension folder in the skin folder? Where would the file go?

To answer your question about Ext_config for a particle skin you just have to make any changes you want with the model save the file has a ini file like normal. Place the file within the skin folder you don't need make a separate folder for the ext_config.

Last edited:
To our cam artists here, would it be possible to have some new cameras for Top Gear please? A set which does not have the annoying flickering when the lines crosses? Hard to describe the problem but it always seems the cams have a problem with both lines to follow the car properly. Maybe @safi hellie you can help me? Would appreciate it.

I don't do AO. I can't. If you wanna do it, be my guest mate !
Sure, I'll show a quick before and after:
Before (skin dds):
BSL2ZZE.png

After:
92w2e54.png

Before (on the car):
uyz9BYa.png

After (look at the fog lights and door handles for example):
tQ2DZFz.png

I hope you don't mind, I updated the two skins by adding Ao layer on top of your original layer (add AO on top set as a "Multiply" layer). I resized them to 2k instead of 4k to save space hopefully without losing too much in terms of quality (generate a 4k AO requires a lot of time), I renamed them so they won't overwrite your original 4k ones anyway.
https://mega.nz/file/48IjhICT#XxrgIl7sqjmP0F6j7NdLJg22DY7OvDhH14uwJZmt1BQ

Tripoli - Timing Gate Update.

failed upload, new one here

Last update on this conversion.

- Shifted grid back a bit
- Shifted start line forward a bit
- Added three timing gates

(devisive change)
- Updated grassfx +rocks, if you dont like rocks and grass, delete the [GRASSFX] section.
"There is nothing in the desert and no man needs nothing." - Lawrence of Arabia.

upload_2020-9-30_6-27-35.png

KNOWN BUG - I was trying to fix the "men in black" and the wip texture made its way into the build, now they are men in grey.. tsk tsk.. maybe a texture replacement in the ext_config to tone them down, ill post it up, or alternately the orginal texture in into the texture folder.

UPCOMING.

There is another Tripoli coming, may take some time though, its scratch built from Google telemetry / sat images, will resemble this one a bit I guess but the telemetry suggests there is a lot of elevation change that is not present in this one, and driving the new one feels quite dissimilar, the sea is visible from one of the corners etc. I also factored that the airport construction may have levelled out the banked section since, and have "faked" it back in.

If you guys have low poly, time period, trackside objects and cars to share, please let me know, will save me a lot of headache.

upload_2020-9-30_6-44-12.png

Last edited:
MINI COOPER JCW Uk Challenge (F56) 1.2
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/mini-cooper-jcw-uk-challenge-f56.30469/

1.2 Update
Totally revamped physics.
Some fix.
Graphics tweaks.

You may find the car a little bit slower, CoG is slightly higher and a little more drag too but is less twitchy to drive, and no more blocking with a small brake input.

i have to say this car is fantastic, I am having a blast racing it against the AI on the tracks from the British Championship. Excellent 👍

Thanks for that, but that line seems to be missing...

Code:
STRUT_CAR=0.2003, 0.4779, -0.0460
STRUT_TYRE=0.0520, -0.1500, 0.0150
WBCAR_BOTTOM_FRONT=0.4100, -0.1600, 0.3250
WBCAR_BOTTOM_REAR=0.3900, -0.1550, -0.0400
WBTYRE_BOTTOM=0.0520, -0.1500, 0.0150
WBCAR_STEER=0.3780, -0.0930, 0.0600
WBTYRE_STEER=0.0400, -0.0775, 0.1500

Would it be adjusted on WBTYRE_BOTTOM instead?

The more I look at the car (FK8 Type R) the more problems it seems to have :( I believe it started life as a tuned car rather than a factory fresh example thus the bad data. It would be nice to have stock example to play with after all it is one of the best performing front wheel drive cars ever made, but I think correcting this one is beyond me at this time :(

More learning required, maybe I will try an chip away at it.

@graveltrap Try these values for STRUT_CAR=0.2003, 0.4779, -0.0733

To our cam artists here, would it be possible to have some new cameras for Top Gear please? A set which does not have the annoying flickering when the lines crosses? Hard to describe the problem but it always seems the cams have a problem with both lines to follow the car properly. Maybe @safi hellie you can help me? Would appreciate it.

There's no way to fix it. The problem is set by the fact that the engine of the game don't like the overlapping AI line which is the "thing" which defines the path to follow for the camera.

If it isn't fixed yet, try renaming the bank file in the sfx folder to anything (add a "-" to the end etc.). If the Windows Explorer asks for administrator rights, something is wrong. It shouldn't ask for admin rights. Duplicate the bank file, delete the old one and rename the new one to the original.

This may sound stupid but happened to me a few times. .bank files require administrator access for some reason.

I agree, that sounds very stupid. But it worked! Thanks a lot!
Definitely will remember this one for the future

Q: kseditor(at) v6, x4fab version, persistance is not as persistant as it should be.. some tracks, every time I build I have to fix the same textures, in the same place for the same problems. (ie: Tripoli, the airport building and a few select trees amd one damn trackside man will revert to wrong shader) They are in the correct folders and the fbx references them correctly, its jsut the shaders that refuse to stick.

I have tried to manually rename in the ini, then reload into kseditor, and it works, but, when i save, the changes are reverted for those objects. Annoying because unless you keep a mental note of the things it "forgets" every build is two builds...

Anyone else run into this and know of a way to fix the forgotten items?

The FK8 is feeling a little better on the hypercar road tyres, it moves about a bit more but it still has too much grip IMO, IRL I struggle to get the power down on 3000 mile Conti's the front wheels hop at times because of the fight against 320 PS, I can't really remember what new tyres felt like TBH.

I guess I should try the street tyres from the Porsche next.

I would like to understand the suspension.ini a little better is there a guide anywhere?

Thanks to @evosaurusx for sorting the caster!

Last edited:
Q: kseditor(at) v6, x4fab version, persistance is not as persistant as it should be.. some tracks, every time I build I have to fix the same textures, in the same place for the same problems. (ie: Tripoli, the airport building and a few select trees amd one damn trackside man will revert to wrong shader) They are in the correct folders and the fbx references them correctly, its jsut the shaders that refuse to stick.

I have tried to manually rename in the ini, then reload into kseditor, and it works, but, when i save, the changes are reverted for those objects. Annoying because unless you keep a mental note of the things it "forgets" every build is two builds...

Anyone else run into this and know of a way to fix the forgotten items?
Which shader?

i have to say this car is fantastic, I am having a blast racing it against the AI on the tracks from the British Championship. Excellent 👍
The FFB is totally borked for me, the steering wheel loads up really strangely under cornering then snaps violently on exit. Feels horrible. Not like any other car I've got.

Edit: I just restored the previous version from my recycle bin and it feels great. Something is up with that new one.

Tripoli - Timing Gate Update.
DOWNLOAD
Last update on this conversion.

- Shifted grid back a bit
- Shifted start line forward a bit
- Added three timing gates

(devisive change)
- Updated grassfx +rocks, if you dont like rocks and grass, delete the [GRASSFX] section.
"There is nothing in the desert and no man needs nothing." - Lawrence of Arabia.

View attachment 961523

KNOWN BUG - I was trying to fix the "men in black" and the wip texture made its way into the build, now they are men in grey.. tsk tsk.. maybe a texture replacement in the ext_config to tone them down, ill post it up, or alternately the orginal texture in into the texture folder.

UPCOMING.

There is another Tripoli coming, may take some time though, its scratch built from Google telemetry / sat images, will resemble this one a bit I guess but the telemetry suggests there is a lot of elevation change that is not present in this one, and driving the new one feels quite dissimilar, the sea is visible from one of the corners etc. I also factored that the airport construction may have levelled out the banked section since, and have "faked" it back in.

If you guys have low poly, time period, trackside objects and cars to share, please let me know, will save me a lot of headache.

View attachment 961530
I get this error when trying to install the track in CM drag 'n' drop:

Captureplop.PNG

Any ideas? Same message if I unzip it first.

I then installed it the old-fashioned clockwork way like a peasant from Les Mis, got an immediate error that the 'circuit' tag was missing, fixed that, then started a race on a plain desert landscape before a hard crash needing Task Manager to fix.
Halp!
Your link was for the FULL track and not just partial files..?

New error:
Capturexxs.PNG

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back