Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,770 comments
@Shokeus it's a rainy day.....

Rain_Wipers.png

acs_2020_10_04_16_27_59_137.png

Can I post here your mod updated so someone can help with Shift animation? I don't know what to do....

Last edited:
peterboese Today To 11:39
Sol 2.0 RC1 + 1.5.7
http://www.mediafire.com/file/v13uq7mmm981cwb/Sol_2.0_RC1_%2B_1.5.7.7z/file

- apps: by leBluem - sol_config 1.8, sol_weather 10.3, sol_custom_weather 0.4
# new night presets in sol_config
# to adapt fastly night look to monitor or taste

- core: removed obsolete code of "dynamic ambient lighting"

- stellar: moon light - reduced red spectrum with high moon angles

- sky/clouds: fading cloud shadows with weather transitions

- filter: adjusted sun dazzle effect and its FOV dependency

- fixed "use smaller textures" parameter. Sol loads 8k, or even 16k starmap with higher priority again.

- night light pollution: fixed brightness of Stratus clous
- night light pollution: removed development debug text
- night light pollution: fixed a bug with cpu split

- config: added backward compatibility config to prevent crashes with incompatible PPFilter/custom configs
- custom configs: additional checks to prevent crashes with incompatible PPFilter/custom configs

- files: Sol 2.0 main changes.pdf, added description for sol_config presets and sol_custom_weather
- files: integrated Sol 1.5.7
- files: removed "Simple PP off"

Sol 1.5.7

- fixed moon texture reading

Anyone know exactly what's involved with swapping the driver model? I wouldn't mind experimenting with an 'elbows in' driver for these cars.
And no, it's not simply a case of changing the driver referenced in driver3D.ini in case anyone was about to suggest that... ;)

Today I've changed the terrible VRC 1988 Mclaren driver model. Just look at the wrists:

upload_2020-10-4_11-11-39.png

To my surprise, the standard driver_80 model worked like a charm.
I guess you already know how to move/adjust the driver model on CM showroom, so that completes the task.

EDIT 1: changing the driver in the animation folder DOES change the driver arms position.
EDIT 2: WHOOOOAAAH! Just tried the Chivas cars! One of the weirdest driver stances I've ever encountered.

Last edited:

UK only GT3R current Generation spec skins. Both British GT skin 2019 / GT cup 2020 with Yellow led strip lights for British GT skin & Blue led Strip lights for GT cup skin. If you want to change the colours of the Led lights you can do it in the EXT_CONFIG file within the skin folder. I have also remove the Lumirank board on sprint car skin has British GT / GT cup don't use them.

e06ik5.jpg

2qycug.jpg

22ixcv.jpg

oafgob.jpg

Last edited:
If this is a rF2 conversion... then where have all the shaders and multi-texturing gone?
Ok, it's nice it's available.. but the road, grass and sand all look like a track from 20 years ago... a shame.

had a little play with this today and well i think its looking a little better but im not too great at this stuff, will plod along with it just for fun lol. does the rf2 version have trees rather than tree walls ?
my effort 1.2
http://www.mediafire.com/file/eocrf8a1lzelui2/lochdrummond_1.2.7z/file

new barrier texture if anyone wants it, just drop the skins folder inside the main track folder.

Attachments

• skins.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 24
Last edited:
hi all! i have a problem with ai, when they are hotlapping, they do the laptimes u would expect, but when they're racing, they dramatically dop the speed down and it looks like they accelerates a looot slower

Hello,
Another question for you guys. Is rain fx worth buying or I should wait for Full realese?
What is really worth it is supporting people who continue to develop AC beyond their possibilities and imagination. Ilja Susupov is making our dreams come true and shows the pettiness of big companies that have an ace up their sleeve to profit the day after tomorrow.

Sure my friend! I've just modded GTHUD internal variables speed = speed * 3.2 :cool:, Gear = Gear +2 (LOL) :cool:
Can retire my gift now? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: ;););););)

Cheers
Tony

CHEATER!!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Well then, this is your winning prize. I bet you don't have this one.

Have fun.
Nissan Fairlady Z 432

upload_2020-10-4_16-17-26.png

https://gofile.io/d/YwWHx0

Now time to tell you how I achieved my speed.

I just fall in a hole (no need to say what is the track), the car kept falling and got the speed.:lol:

CHEATER!!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Well then, this is your winning prize. I bet you don't have this one.

Have fun.
Nissan Fairlady Z 432

View attachment 962609

https://gofile.io/d/YwWHx0

Now time to tell you how I achieved my speed.

I just fall in a hole (no need to say what is the track), the car kept falling and got the speed.:lol:

THAAAAAAAAAAAAAANKSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!

Showroom_acp_fairladyz_432_4-9-2020-18-30-42.jpg

What a beautiful gift!!!!! Thanks a lots my friend.

Yes of course no worries, thank you !

Here it is your mod with wipers added from _fixed_a_bit_ mod.

All credits are for @Shokeus and @_fixed_a_bit_

https://mega.nz/file/JZ1WxBQA#0HF3FY7sjniVeZTmHqiwiXAB-bN5EvuRpd6MnahXReM

acs_2020_10_04_16_27_59_137.png

I need to learn how detach mesh, create pivot and create animation to repair also back wiper. Now if someone can help with shift animation is welcomed. Thanks in advance.

Cheers
Tony

Last edited:
What is really worth it is supporting people who continue to develop AC beyond their possibilities and imagination. Ilja Susupov is making our dreams come true and shows the pettiness of big companies that have an ace up their sleeve to profit the day after tomorrow.

What is absolutely astounding, is that the likes of sms/codemasters etc can not do (with over 30 years of engine and development experience) what some guy is doing for 5 euro XD

Thats not even to mention other work on extended physics, lighting, day/night cycles, wet weather, sand storms, fog, lightning, lighting, grass, textures, shading, AO, UI, presets for controls etc etc etc the amount of new addeed gfx and effects etc make my AC look, feel and sound better than any current day title.

All that for a 5 euro vs more #h1t from sms, codemasters etc and their excuses on how hard it is for them to do!

This guy comes along... Hold my beer! XD

Worth subscribing not for the rain fx but to support him and say thanks for every single thing he has done to help extend the life of this game, and in turn, fuel the modding scene, as without his work it might not ever have been so busy / populated and some modders would not have bothered to make vehicles or add cool extensions to the mods etc.

Personally i dont think rain is ready yet, its ok but it moves to a little too loose for me in the newest build, its as if its water on a teflon surface being blown by a jet engine, it needs to be a little more sticky/resistive etc.

Also i hate racing in the rain and never race in any weather except DAY / SUN XD

But i subscribed to say keep at it, so i agree with the with comments above, support him, not his features, invest in him, not his mods :)

Last edited:
Thanks

I am currently doing it again ,but it is difficult to get reliable information on this model ...
Great update with the proper interior added finally, you should do the same updates to the BBS LM variant as well since it's my favorite one compared to the normal one which has crappy looking rims IMO lol

This might be a bit off-topic but who here has heard of SuperStars: V8 Racing?
Superstars_V8_cover.jpg

The game was released in 2009 in Europe (2010 in the states), developed by Milestone and Published by Black Bean Games; both based on the now-defunct SuperStars/EuroV8 Series. The cars may look similar to the Australian V8 Supercars on the surface but are much more open in terms of car layout, making them more similar to cars in the SP8/SP8T Category of the VLN:
  • Cars must be based on a production vehicle that can hold 4 adult passengers
  • Minimum displacement of 3800cc with no upper limit
  • Forced induction permitted if production model has it fitted
  • H-Pattern manual gearbox or governing-body approved sequential gearbox only; full-auto and semi-auto banned
  • All-wheel-drive permitted if production model has it fitted
  • Base car can either be a 2-door coupe or 4-door sedan
Even though the models from this game are 10+ years old, I think if they were ported to Assetto Corsa these cars would be an interesting drive,
Sadly with the series having folded back in 2013. and the Wayback machine not having an archived PDF of the technical regs for the series stored it's going to take quite a bit of guesswork from the original game into AC's physics (unless someone still has the specsheets or technical readouts for these cars by some miracle).
Come to think of it, I remember having a DVD of that game. Too bad of my parents who gifted me that game at the age of 11, at that time I only cared about NFS lmao. But it was a pretty fun game.

Thx Mike, the car also suffer from slow AI and would be great if someone able to fix it .

Seems to me that the car's suspension is broken (when AI is driving it). I replaced suspension.ini with one of another M5 E60 and was able to race with some ride height adjustments.

Some cars are known to be SUPER-slow with any AI settings. I've come across with many cars that are snail-like slow with any AI-settings. I wonder if it is often an issue with suspension, even if the suspension ain't visibly broken (like in some cases)...

had a little play with this today and well i think its looking a little better but im not too great at this stuff, will plod along with it just for fun lol. does the rf2 version have trees rather than tree walls ?
my effort
http://www.mediafire.com/file/k6h1lgmz8b6my1z/lochdrummond.7z/file

Nice job mate. By the way - your Fuji - no chicane version doesn't work ?

rQEqZ7d.jpg

my effort
http://www.mediafire.com/file/k6h1lgmz8b6my1z/lochdrummond.7z/file

It has lots of nice trees and bushes:

Where have they all gone? :)

The rocks have also disappeared, I think.
It already looks better now, chocolateman!

Oculus Rift Repair

It's a little off topic, but relevant. As I covered in a previous post, a couple of weeks ago I was putting on my four-year-old Oculus Rift, and I heard a loud cracking sound. I finally made some time this Sunday morning to model and print a few parts to fix it. It's not final, needs some tweaking to improve the snap-on fasteners, but it works. The beauty of 3D printing, if it doesn't work quite right, redesign, adjust, and print it again.

Now if I can keep it together until July of next year--getting an HP Reverb G2 for my birthday.

OculusDamage03.jpg Parts3DModeled01.jpg OcR_Part-Printing.jpg OcR_Parts01.jpg OcR_Parts02.jpg OcR_Parts03.jpg OcR_Parts04.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back