Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,769 comments
on that topic of VR for new users where is the best place I can go to help set up my VR setting for assetto?

when I race and all cars are on the 1st lap I only get 35-40FPS but as soon as the pack spreads I get all the way up to 70FPS...any help would be appreciated.

i guess you are playing with quest1. Its normal, surely your gpu can't load so many cars (especially if they don't have good lods) and when the others cars drive away from you, then the performance improves and becomes stable because the gpu suffers less

two options, use only cars with good lods (you could make some lods to improve the performance too) or limit how many cars you can see on screen

Phillip Island
Testing Car:
V8SCorsa 2020 Ford Falcon

Folder Name: phillip_island
Author: Terra21
Download: https://mediafire.com/file/ca3ou6qtd2txw6s/phillip_island.rar
This track, like most other Terra21 tracks is a conversion from an older game and like many Terra21 tracks this one really holds up. There are a lot of details here like the grass at the edge of the road that even many modern tracks don't do as well. Unfortunately the road mesh is pretty low-poly and bumpy. Another flaw here is that some of the track bridges have textures that are stretched too wide so their aspect ratio goes all weird.

Folder Name: phillip_island_circuit
Author: Cranck
Download: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/phillip-island.8816/
This version is another conversion but seems to share some of the same assets, like the tirewall texture is the same. I'm not sure if this is converted from an earlier version, but it just doesn't look as detailed and the color correction is all off. It does however have a fixed road mesh. Take the road mesh from this version and put it into the terra21 version and you've got a fantastic version of Phillip Island.

Note: Combining these two tracks into a nice looking and nice driving phillip island is probably going to be my next project when I'm done with Brno 1965 unless anyone else is working on one.
Thx for your work! Though one question, how can the road mesh be transfered from one track to another? Pls help a clueless guy:)

i guess you are playing with quest1. Its normal, surely your gpu can't load so many cars (especially if they don't have good lods) and when the others cars drive away from you, then the performance improves and becomes stable because the gpu suffers less

two options, use only cars with good lods (you could make some lods to improve the performance too) or limit how many cars you can see on screen
Hi thanks for the reply

Im using a Quest 2 ok here goes the Dumb A$$ questions how do i make my own lods and how do i limit the amount of cars?

View attachment 966371
AUTODROMO INTERNACIONAL VELOPARK 2.0

Autodromo Internacional Velopark - Version 2.0

Original track: Automobilista - Reiza Studios
Original conversion: VheEth

CHANGELOG 1.0
- Remapping: road, grass, curbs, trees, fences, walls, buildings, track objects and sponsor boards.
- New curb, sponsor boards, people and new flags added
- New file extension for Grass FX and track lights (very basic)
- Added the VAO file

CHANGELOG 2.0
- New conversion from scratch
- Reworked trees
- New horizon
- Update of textures and materials
- Performance optimization
- Update of extension file
- New layout (Standard)
- New AI Line by @LiquidSkyMan

http://www.mediafire.com/file/z46ss889all8ift/vhe_velopark_2.0.rar/file

NOTES:
-DELETE THE PREVIOUS VERSION
-VAO NOT INCLUDED

Thank you for this. Just want to make sure I am up to speed on your excellent work, this thread can easily get away from someone if they don't keep on top of it. I have version 2 of all your AMS conversions except Curitiba v1.0 and Santa Cruz v1.1. Thank you again for all your work!

SAVE THE DATE ;)

__custom_showroom_1603361328.jpg

Beta Version​

Last edited:
I usually check the buildings top see f i can see any "side" of the building for determining if the angle is really bad but it looks dead on, I will pm you this mesh and terrain texture for reference. the total lenght top bottom is quite far out etc.
View attachment 966450
The best Philip island, can't remember where I found it, and I believe it was made by V8SC or so?
It was very bad optimized (cpu >99%) and still needs some work.
I made a brand new collision wall, added grassFX and reduced material count.
I was busy replacing the 3D crowds with Ks crowds before other stuff got in the way.
I sent my files to gutBomb.

Last edited:
Spa 1992 Quick fix
You must have the original file. (https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/spa-francorchamps-1992.3042/)
And please overwrite the attached file.

Change log:
・Change Shader (extension)
・Add GrassFX & RainFX
・Add Skin (Replace Kunos Billboard)
・Add VAO
・Add Track map
・Fix surfaces.ini, map.ini, overlays.ini
・Fix UI
・New AI (If you don't like it because it's not good, please replace it with the original AI)
Screenshot_ks_nissan_gtr_gt3_spa92_22-9-120-18-43-56.jpg

Attachments

• spa92_fix.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 161
I made some enhancements for Sebring 1970 by Gilles: a simple Grass FX and an alternative skin (named in CM as default) to replace the trees and to adjust grass-colours to my own liking. It's not much, but it's a little better now I think. I made the grass maybe ridiculously tall to hide some visual problems present with the track.

I just figured out this morning how the Grass FX works and I did not run many test-laps so there might be some issues. To be honest I was in a hurry to upload this 'cos this is the first thing I've done in AC that's worth sharing IMO. My first little contribution of "giving back" to this community. Hope it works. :D

upload_2020-10-22_14-36-41.jpeg

http://www.mediafire.com/file/slwb6q5dmrp525h/seb70.rar/file

Hi thanks for the reply

Im using a Quest 2 ok here goes the Dumb A$$ questions how do i make my own lods and how do i limit the amount of cars?

Not the best option, but the easiest...
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/lod-generator.24394/

From Ales100i (this work for me):
Put these values inside graphic_adjustments.ini inside ...\steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\extension\config

[VISIBLE_CARS]
; hidden
; four values are for: LOD A, simplified render without some extra bits, LOD C and LOD D

MAIN=2, 6, 16, 28
GBUFFER=2, 6, 12, 12
SHADOWS=2, 4, 4, 12

SPECTATING_MAIN=6, 20, 40, 200
SPECTATING_GBUFFER=3, 12, 24, 24
SPECTATING_SHADOWS=3, 6, 12, 24

MIRROR=1, 2, 8, 12

I should open-source this if there is no other release of this version, its in my todo folder.
*or is the VLM version a better place to start?
I made some enhancements for Sebring 1970 by Gilles: a simple Grass FX and an alternative skin (named in CM as default) to replace the trees and to adjust grass-colours to my own liking. It's not much, but it's a little better now I think. I made the grass maybe ridiculously tall to hide some visual problems present with the track.

I just figured out this morning how the Grass FX works and I did not run many test-laps so there might be some issues. To be honest I was in a hurry to upload this 'cos this is the first thing I've done in AC that's worth sharing IMO. My first little contribution of "giving back" to this community. Hope it works. :D

View attachment 966575

http://www.mediafire.com/file/slwb6q5dmrp525h/seb70.rar/file

Last edited:
Recent problem I'm having: a few AI cars (in this case, RSS's F1 1990) I'm racing with have their tyres/wheels disappear at moments around the track.

I think I saw someone mention this problem in this thread (with another car) so I'm thinking it's not specific to the car, maybe a CSP thing.

Does anyone here have a tip/fix for it?

shi
Spa 1992 Quick fix
You must have the original file. (https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/spa-francorchamps-1992.3042/)
And please overwrite the attached file.

Change log:
・Change Shader (extension)
・Add GrassFX & RainFX
・Add Skin (Replace Kunos Billboard)
・Add VAO
・Add Track map
・Fix surfaces.ini, map.ini, overlays.ini
・Fix UI
・New AI (If you don't like it because it's not good, please replace it with the original AI)
View attachment 966572
Sweet, I'm giving it a go straight away.. the problem is this track has 12 pits only, would it be possible to add more?..

And I'm working on a GT2 RS Clubsport, they should race together :D

Btw, is there anyone able to help me with the physics?

I also need some advice on how to make the driver's hands to hold the steering wheel.

View attachment 966582
You can move and resize the driver model in cm showroom: open the car in showroom, go to the car tab, tick "driver" and "movable driver" boxes. Press then "T" to see the axis to move and resize the model, move the steering animation slider to check that his hands are in the right position throughout the whole animation. Click then "Save pos." (not sure if you also need to click on "Update model" underneath but do that just in case)

You can move and resize the driver model in cm showroom: open the car in showroom, go to the car tab, tick "driver" and "movable driver" boxes. Press then "T" to see the axis to move and resize the model, move the steering animation slider to check that his hands are in the right position throughout the whole animation. Click then "Save pos." (not sure if you also need to click on "Update model" underneath but do that just in case)

Perfect, thanks! I'll try that.

Morning, guys.
Recently was far from simracing. But i came to idea about creation of dream track, that will test any car well, suit any car well, combine all sorts of racing tracks, not too long, and can be editable.

So here is first attampt, very raw (Road surface, exterior - need few more weeks to go)

You're aware of the existence of the RW track, Paramount Ranch, I suppose. I always wished someone would make that one for AC.

This isn't too bad, dash cluster and shift lights don't seem to work so I have to use Sidekick for some of that info. Also switched the gear shift over to H pattern instead of paddle shift which is nicer for this car in my opinion. Can't seem to properly solve the snap over steer tenancy is has.. almost there though. Sounds are really good too!
It is somewhat tail happy indeed. :lol: Please share your work with us if you can give it a little grippier rear end.

Seriously? Make sure to read next time. It has not yet been released.

Please, don't go that way!

GTP is a wide country members. Not all know English language very well, or even well.
Nevertheless, those who have some dificulty to understand/express good English have the right to be a member, as long as they don't break the rules.
Seriously? Your 3rd comment...

hi to all ,
Waiting for someone to help me with the F355 Challenge , I take care of the F40 LM but I have a problem with the meters , I manage to have the RPM but the turbo gauge does not want to work , I tried several options in vain , Does anyone have any idea ? I can post the car if you want to see ..

Thanks

capture 189 : original PC2
capture 192 : my setting
capture 190 : name of turbo gauge

Attachments

• Capture d’écran (189).png
    Capture d’écran (189).png
    89.5 KB · Views: 31
  • Capture d’écran (192).png
    Capture d’écran (192).png
    13.5 KB · Views: 27
  • Capture d’écran (190).png
    Capture d’écran (190).png
    58.4 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
This hasn't really been done before? :odd:

upload_2020-10-22_18-59-3.jpeg

Grass FX and tree-replacement-skin (named default) for Bremgarten 1954. Skin is a big one (102mb), there's a lot of different tree-textures.

I guess this will have to do until Fat-Alfie finishes his Bremgarten. :)

http://www.mediafire.com/file/r889ikbr6uu5b38/bremgarten1954.rar/file

EDIT. Well the Grass FX had been done before... :D

Last edited:
@Shokeus windscreen and wipers animation updated now it's nearly perfect! Now they works with latest CSP with and without "Use new windscreen effect" inside RAIN FX (Better than Kunos car lool shhhhhhh)

Look:

Screenshot_porsche_961_lm_bikernieki_22-9-120-18-31-41.jpg

PM:
If you think to release release! LOL

P.S.
I think that my wipers for Gemballa are perfect for your car F355! They need more cleaning angle. I'll improve for @Masscot and then release for you.

Last edited:
@Shokeus windscreen and wipers animation updated now it's nearly perfect! Now they works with latest CSP with and without "Use new windscreen effect" inside RAIN FX (Better than Kunos car lool shhhhhhh)

Look:

View attachment 966610
PM:
If you think to release release! LOL

P.S.
I think that my wipers for Gemballa are perfect for your car F355! They need more cleaning angle. I'll improve for @Masscot and then release for you.

Impressive.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back