Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,754 comments
I think it was @Beezer215 who mentioned a while back that he created some new tyres for the DRM cars. If you're open to sharing these, I'd love to give them a run!
One of the first things I tried on the new version of the DRM's was to put the cooling factor on the tyres to 0 (zero). The tyres cool off ridiculously fast for some reason. So fast that any heat generated is gone within mere seconds. I'll look into the folders tonight and see what else I did but once you get the tyres to run in an optimal temp, the cars start sticking more. I may have redrawn the temp percentages (perfcurve) for the tyres as well.

noted, but I think some of those may have been released?

I'd love to know if they have. I've found two Castle Combe mods for AC, but one is awful (weird 2D trees that look like spikes) and both have the hated (by me, anyway) chicanes. There's a modern Mont Tremblant but, as far as I know, there isn't a 60's St. Jovite. There was a very promising St. Jovite '69 at assettocorsamods.net, but nothing seems to have come of it.

If you want to try what I have so far, this is for the BMW 2002 Turbo'77. (I forget what they called it, I used the Race Department "real names" for the cars UI)
Unpack the data, rename the data.acd to save, drag these to overwrite the perfcurves and tyres.ini. The tyres they use are weird. As you can see, the temps fluctuate a lot but this at least keeps them close to the optimal green range. It seems that rolling temp is set fairly high so if you have long straights, they heat up and depending on how you drive and what track you're on, can even overheat a tad but I think this is a good compromise I've found so far.

Edit: I didn't do the rain tyres because I don't use the rain CSP versions and don't have anything to go on there. Will work on that when it's officially released.

Attachments

• drm_1001_2_tyre_fix.zip
    3.3 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
It was bound to happen, the inspiration to get more liveries for this mod got the better off me... Needs a few stripes along the sides...

View attachment 976529

Brumos Porsche #59
Rename file to zip format and extract livery content (remove '__.txt')

View attachment 976532

You might want to use one of these fonts for the Brumos race numbers ;)
https://www.dafontfree.net/freefonts-vanchrome-f164379.htm
https://www.dafont.com/upbolters-new.font
https://www.dafont.com/bayformance.font

If this seems much better, it will be the official update version...

Alfa Tipo 33 TT 12
changelog v0.99f
- added physics updates by Arch
- added extra tire compounds
- added more historic feelings
- lots of tweaks, testing and contemplation

thank you.

Compliments! Superb car, exceptional driveability and mind blowing sense of speed for me it's a 10/10 car.

Very good!

Last edited:
If this seems much better, it will be the official update version...

Alfa Tipo 33 TT 12
changelog v0.99f
- added physics updates by Arch
- added extra tire compounds
- added more historic feelings
- lots of tweaks, testing and contemplation

thank you.

I wanted to wait for the right time to thank you for this car, and it's definitely now: THANK YOU ! :D

Zhejiang already exist. You can take it to imporove if you wish so. It was conversion by me
http://gtsupreme.com/zhejiang-international-circuit-ac/
Yours looks nice, maybe can use a horizon wall?
Apex-Zhejiang-Race-Circuit-Aerial-2.jpg

I started doing tracks that were not in AC yet, non-credited pay tracks re-converted with proper credits/permissions and for free (re-converting tracks ripped by Gilles75 for example), unique and fun tracks and a few by request or suggestion (Imola, Buxton). Therefore I cant see myself re-converting or adding value to your already good work.

Results from the polls will be posted later and form some kind of "todo" list for tracks. I plan to release the Radical SR8 soon as now the Alfa is finished (for now). Honestly tracks are much more easy than doing car physics, due to the highly subjective and time consuming test driving (you can however expect a slow dribble of car releases, collaborations and overhauls in the future).

Last edited:
Yours looks nice, maybe can use a horizon wall?
Apex-Zhejiang-Race-Circuit-Aerial-2.jpg

I started doing tracks that were not in AC yet, non-credited pay tracks re-converted with proper credits/permissions and for free, unique and fun tracks and a few by request or suggestion (Imola, Buxton). Therefore I cant see myself re-converting or adding value to your already good work.

Results from the polls will be posted later and form some kind of "todo" list for tracks. I plan to release the Radical SR8 soon as now the Alfa is finished (for now). Honestly tracks are much more easy than doing car physics, due to the highly subjective and time consuming test driving (you can however expect a slow dribble of car releases, collaborations and overhauls in the future).

Sorry, it was so long ago that i confused. My conversion was Ordos International Circuit
That Zhejiang was someone else conversion. Sorry, didnt want to take other people's laurels

Sorry, it was so long ago that i confused. My conversion was Ordos International Circuit
That Zhejiang was someone else conversion. Sorry, didnt want to take other people's laurels
It is a nice track, good job! And yet I can't see that I could improve your work :)

I have a fascination with Chinese tracks, especially city and mountain layouts. I have been to China many times and like the people, the culture and interesting cities, cusine and nature.

I've got too many TCR's, so the ultimate question for me now is. What is the best TCR pack.

View attachment 976570

There was a pack around here on GTP in this same thread that for me is the best around. Some 3D models might seem "sketchy" but there was a ton of work done physics-wise and all the cars seem to feel different from each other instead of copied physics on different "shells". If you value driving, I'd stick with that one.

It is a nice track, good job! And yet I can't see that I could improve your work :)

I have a fascination with Chinese tracks, especially city and mountain layouts. I have been to China many times and like the people, the culture and interesting cities, cusine and nature.
Yes, totally agree. Chine is a magical country with so mane different places, styles, cuisines, nature combined together! Do you have Goldenport Beijing tack for AC? Its nice one

not enough TCR's :P

Welcome to GTPlanet :gtpflag: :cheers:

There was a pack around here on GTP in this same thread that for me is the best around. Some 3D models might seem "sketchy" but there was a ton of work done physics-wise and all the cars seem to feel different from each other instead of copied physics on different "shells". If you value driving, I'd stick with that one.

Fair enough but again I think I got like the rollovers 1.1 and then 1.0 plus all of them (skins) can fit into just 1 TCR so whichever pack was the best (free wise) I may as well put the skins onto that exact TCR

You told me how was my coma when I stoped posting a few days here time ago. Nevermind old joke.
Ah, I remember that. I think my original 'how was the coma?' joke was more to do with you asking about something that had just been discussed in detail or something, not about you actually being away for a while. The details escape me, but it was something like that.
I thought you might have just used it yourself because you thought that I thought that crappy half-assed and half-finished Sim Traxx track was new, or good, or worth any money whatsoever, when it's plainly none of those three.
:)

Ah, I remember that. I think my original 'how was the coma?' joke was more to do with you asking about something that had just been discussed in detail or something, not about you actually being away for a while. The details escape me, but it was something like that.
I thought you might have just used it yourself because you thought that I thought that crappy half-assed and half-finished Sim Traxx track was new, or good, or worth any money whatsoever, when it's plainly none of those three.
:)

Sim Traxx half-finished???? half-assed?? NOOO Imposible!! :)

If memory do not fail to me, you say me the coma thing when I tried the VR googles and I was several days deciding if return the device or not. Those several days I stoped my posting here. Well, sometimes our memory create an alternative fake reality that never happened. May be my case.

Last edited:
shi
Autopolis Oita v0.89
converted from rfactor2.
View attachment 976577
View attachment 976578
- CSP required
- 28 pit/start
- 2 layout (International, short)
- GrassFX, RainFX

Need help!;
- For some reason the AI cannot be created in short layout.
- Realistic Replay Cam

Credits & Thanks;
・ @Katsuo, the author of the rfactor original version and gave me permission
・ @I.Bellett, the author of the rfactor2 converted vertion and gave me permission
@shi (shin956), Track convert
@KevinK2, AI
@ckkjw398, cam (Super Formula 2020)

2 Cams for Autopolis Oita V0.89 (all layouts).
You must delete ac_timing 2 than you can create ai.line for the short layout.

Attachments

• content.zip
    423.3 KB · Views: 157
Anybody have any ideas on how to get rid of the parallel lines on flat services of objects I've added to a track? Its causes by shadows I think.

upload_2020-12-7_13-43-17.png

upload_2020-12-7_13-44-50.png

upload_2020-12-7_13-45-1.png

upload_2020-12-7_13-45-35.png

Last edited:
If you want to try what I have so far, this is for the BMW 2002 Turbo'77. (I forget what they called it, I used the Race Department "real names" for the cars UI)
Unpack the data, rename the data.acd to save, drag these to overwrite the perfcurves and tyres.ini. The tyres they use are weird. As you can see, the temps fluctuate a lot but this at least keeps them close to the optimal green range. It seems that rolling temp is set fairly high so if you have long straights, they heat up and depending on how you drive and what track you're on, can even overheat a tad but I think this is a good compromise I've found so far.

Edit: I didn't do the rain tyres because I don't use the rain CSP versions and don't have anything to go on there. Will work on that when it's officially released.

Thanks for doing what needed to be done.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back