Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,748 comments
Cams for Paris Track (Eiffellayout).
Thanks to leBluem for posting this track.
Have Fun.

upload_2020-12-14_21-45-5.png

Attachments

• paris_eiffel_cam.zip
    3 KB · Views: 71
re: encryption
Going through Race Department's T.O.S

"Posts, attachments, uploads or links which contain original game files or encrypted files are not allowed."

Technically... ANY encrypted mod can be removed from RD, simply because it is encrypted.
I've been out of the AC loop for a few weeks now. Encrypted cars have been a thing for a while but why has everyone been obsessed with them lately? It feel like every mod is encrypted in some sorts except mods from the big modders like RSS.

I've been out of the AC loop for a few weeks now. Encrypted cars have been a thing for a while but why has everyone been obsessed with them lately? It feel like every mod is encrypted in some sorts except mods from the big modders like RSS.

Some people get frustrated when they see a pretty 3d model with bad physics/missing features and they can´t fix it themselves because the mod is encrypted (or add a damn skin to it). Even more, it often comes across as if the people encrypting the mods are claiming ownership over a model that was originally ripped from forza/gt5/some other game.

On the other hand, some people are proud of the work they put into these convertions; it often takes a long and tedious effort to make those models usable in ac, let alone adding their own tweaks to the model. So naturally, they get annoyed when someone else "branches out" "their" mod as a "fixed" version (sometimes subjectively) and sometimes not even giving credit to the original converter.
Even if they only grab some assets, most modders only want others to ask for permission before using the stuff they´ve worked on.

As usual, the tantrums that people on either side of the spectrum often throw doesn´t really help anyone gain any sympathy for the other side either.

And of course, there´s the russian mob that grabs your mod, encrypts it, copyrights it and then sues you for publishing your own mod (or just a video of it) that´s not legally your´s anymore.

I think that´s the gist of it.

Last edited:
I really appreciate all the effort you're putting into these files; thank you.

I was looking around for a Rainfx file for Fuji 1968, but I haven't found one. I even when so far as to try pasting in other Rainfx text, but no luck, haha.

I'm wondering if you either DO have one made, or could produce one? I know it's an older track (apparently the original modder WilliamTRiker is working on a new version).

Thanks for any help!

Amazing, thank you!

Please let me know if it's possible to release a Rainfx for Fuji 1968. I know it's an older one.. thanks!

edit;
>>>>can see the post above and a RainFx already been done for Fuji<<<<<

Last edited:
Hey guys, long time lurker here. I've been just absolutely blown away by the amount of amazing work I've seen coming out of this community by fellow sim racers, it's amazing to see so many talented people making Assetto Corsa, IMHO, still the greatest racing simulator on the market.

My question: I know there's a RainFX update for LeMans 2017 (lemans_2017) However, IMO, the best Le Mans out there is Le Mans FM7 (2018) folder name (sx_lemans) It's absolutely superb. Has anyone created a RainFX patch for that version? Is anyone planning on creating one?

My other favorite track is Daytona Road Course (rt_daytona) by the Reboot Team. Has anyone made a RainFX patch for this awesome track as well? Is anyone working on one?

Thanks for taking a look at my post and hope you all have a fantastic day! :)
The latest august version I have includes RainFX.

Hey guys, long time lurker here. I've been just absolutely blown away by the amount of amazing work I've seen coming out of this community by fellow sim racers, it's amazing to see so many talented people making Assetto Corsa, IMHO, still the greatest racing simulator on the market.

My question: I know there's a RainFX update for LeMans 2017 (lemans_2017) However, IMO, the best Le Mans out there is Le Mans FM7 (2018) folder name (sx_lemans) It's absolutely superb. Has anyone created a RainFX patch for that version? Is anyone planning on creating one?

My other favorite track is Daytona Road Course (rt_daytona) by the Reboot Team. Has anyone made a RainFX patch for this awesome track as well? Is anyone working on one?

Thanks for taking a look at my post and hope you all have a fantastic day! :)

Both tracks have RainFX included in latest releases

Cams for SX_Lemans (Chicane Version)
Doesn´t overwrite existing cams.
All Track Cams.zip includes all cams i have made.
Have Fun.
Just been testing new cams. Really good. Is it correct that there is 4 sets of cameras when watching replays including original ones. Also on the track level cams can I move them a bit higher to barrier level.
I'm not all that sure if I'm seeing all cams you are doing for some reason. Some times if a press F3 nothing changes until I press again. Many thanks.

Hi All.
In the latest CSP from Ilja. I can't get the rain to wipe off the windscreen. Do I need to enable or disable some
setting. Any ideas please. Many thanks.
Has anybody else had the same problem.

Last edited:
Just been testing new cams. Really good. Is it correct that there is 4 sets of cameras when watching replays including original ones. Also on the track level cams can I move them a bit higher to barrier level.
I'm not all that sure if I'm seeing all cams you are doing for some reason. Some times if a press F3 nothing changes until I press again. Many thanks.

The track has 6 cams.
You can switch the trackcams with F3.

upload_2020-12-14_22-42-59.png

Just looking over the config file for rt_daytona (Reboot Team May 2020 release) and there's no RainFX configuration entry. :(

Mine is in the track folder itself, prob got updated automatically by Content Manager through the Github maybe?

If it helps here is the edits from the file itself (these are not my edits)

Daytona
[RAIN_FX]
PUDDLES_MATERIALS = road_dayt_asphalt_001_diff, road_dayt_asphalt_002_diff, GEKOLOGOGROUND, road_dayt_concrete_001_diff, road_dayt_rumble_square_001_diff, road_dayt_rumbconcrete_001_diff, road_dayt_rumblegroove_001_diff, shldr_dayt_crosshatch_001_diff, road_dayt_roadline_002_diff
SOAKING_MATERIALS = road_dayt_asphalt_001_diff, road_dayt_asphalt_002_diff, road_dayt_roadline_002_diff
SMOOTH_MATERIALS = rceday_tent_l_001_diff, rceday_ezside_001_diff, rceday_tent_h_001_diff, barr_dayt_guardrail_001_diff, rceday_ezup_b_001_diff, barr_dayt_guardrail_bluewhite_diff
ROUGH_MATERIALS = shldr_dayt_grasslush_001_diff2, shldr_dayt_grasslush_001_diff, marshall, shldr_dayt_drymud_002_diff, runoffedges
LINES_MATERIALS = road_dayt_roadline_002_diff, road_dayt_roadline_001_diff

Last edited:
Porsche 911 (996) GT2 Converted from Real Racing 3

If you can't download it press the black square it should redirect you to the download.

Phew took me a bit to do since I've gotten a lot lazier than expected
anyways here it is the car should be 100% like the real car in terms of specs
Not sure how much are the Physics realistic on the other hand tho it likes to oversteer
like the real 996 GT2 which is something. Also thanks to Beezer215 for testing the car!

Happy to do the 996 GT2 some justice as most of the time its kept under a rug
because of the '''Fried egg headlights''' i still don't listen to that nonsense.
This Porsche is definitely iconic because of its design sure its not on par with the classic
911 or the 993 but its up there.

The only stuff that needs to be fixed/added is:
Digital instruments mostly just the kmh digital gauge because there's no texture for it so it can be placed there since it wont overlap
any texture over it.
Better wipers the ones i did right now are meh its like the wipers are cursed i literally animated them to wipe the whole glass but they only wipe half of the glass.
Physics improvements as always.
The only bug if i should call is it is i feel like the rims shake too much but it could probably be just me.
Feel free to update the car always just don't forget to credit me and Beezer215!
View attachment 978178

Car is great, although the exhaust is body colored and the rear GT2 badge looks blurry.

Hi track modelers,

Would any of you be interested to convert this local hometown track in SA? My dad used to race touring saloons here. It’s a Rfactor 2 track linked here.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2090300773

Regards,

quick conversion , AI needs sum work , they crash going into the pit, but playable , VAO and grass effects, have included everything in the folders incase people want to play around with things.

https://mega.nz/file/uFVBxCgb#aif0dhl4CqdR2ntzSTAhdSeUAhvx8-G-4cK4lNkCwBg

quick conversion , AI needs sum work , they crash going into the pit, but playable , VAO and grass effects, have included everything in the folders incase people want to play around with things.

Oh my word!!! Thank you so much for the quick response and effort to convert this. It is very special to me. I will have a go immediately. I’m sure this will help others @TheRealCeeBee to add to some touches I am not able to. It looks pretty complete already. Thank you again.

Last edited:
Oh my word!!! Thank you so much for the quick response and effort to convert this. It is very special to me. I will have a go immediately. I’m sure this will help others @TheRealCeeBee to add to some touches I am not able to. It looks pretty complete already. Thank you again.
All good. quite a fun track, surprised by the subtle elevations.

This is absolutely amazing. I don't know how to thank you. What a tribute. You made cams and everything. Thank you so very much. Let me know how I can donate for your efforts please. My 2 brothers and I will have great fun on this track. Thank you so much. Its great fun.

Mine is in the track folder itself, prob got updated automatically by Content Manager through the Github maybe?

If it helps here is the edits from the file itself (these are not my edits)

Daytona
[RAIN_FX]
PUDDLES_MATERIALS = road_dayt_asphalt_001_diff, road_dayt_asphalt_002_diff, GEKOLOGOGROUND, road_dayt_concrete_001_diff, road_dayt_rumble_square_001_diff, road_dayt_rumbconcrete_001_diff, road_dayt_rumblegroove_001_diff, shldr_dayt_crosshatch_001_diff, road_dayt_roadline_002_diff
SOAKING_MATERIALS = road_dayt_asphalt_001_diff, road_dayt_asphalt_002_diff, road_dayt_roadline_002_diff
SMOOTH_MATERIALS = rceday_tent_l_001_diff, rceday_ezside_001_diff, rceday_tent_h_001_diff, barr_dayt_guardrail_001_diff, rceday_ezup_b_001_diff, barr_dayt_guardrail_bluewhite_diff
ROUGH_MATERIALS = shldr_dayt_grasslush_001_diff2, shldr_dayt_grasslush_001_diff, marshall, shldr_dayt_drymud_002_diff, runoffedges
LINES_MATERIALS = road_dayt_roadline_002_diff, road_dayt_roadline_001_diff

Paintbox, thank you so much for your help. And a *HUGE* thanks for *ALL* of your RainFX contributions! I just searched through all of your posts and was able to get RainFX updates for some of my favorite tracks, thanks man. :)

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back